• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eternal Yoshi - Mega Man has almost has a normal midair jump

Kati

Smash Lord
Brawlbox + common5. You should ask elsewhere as this is a thread for Eternal Yoshi's project, not generic hacking.

SMewtwo

Smash Cadet
Does Gray Fox have to be over Meta Knight? Is there a .rel that will allow me to replace another character?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Too bad... :( I really love your new Gray Fox and Lyn, they're awesome.

Hey, I can test them for you if you want. :)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sora's Post

After a long time, Sora joins the Brawl!

Sora doesn't run very quickly on account of wielding that Keyblade all the time, but he can move quickly in the air. He weighs the same as Pit but by Brawl standards he is a semi fast faller. By other standards, he's still floaty.

His jab is a 3-hit combo like in KH2.

The last hit as a little laggy, but it is moderately strong, and does good shield damage.

You can also Press B during the second hit to cancel it into Finishing leap, his neutral B on the ground.

Ftilt is Blizzard. It currently freezes, but it won't freeze anymore and will pack more punch.
Before you have cheese with that wine, Blizzard's launch and wind down speed is much slower than Pit's light arrows.

It handles better than the light arrows.

Utilt is Thunder. It's an mid range move that zaps those in front of you, even if they are in the air.

Dtilt is Fire. It's a short range move that burns and juggles those close to you.

Depending on conditions, you may be able to grab someone out of being burned from fire.

Fsmash is slow. Bowser F-smash slow.

It's also very powerful. Laggy too.

Usmash uses the Cure animation to have Sora thrust his Keyblade upwards like Marth and his usmash.

Not very strong but fast.

DSmash is explosion, a magic based finisher from KH2.

It doesn't do much damage, but the hitbox and GFX linger for a while.

Sora's nair has him spin in the air like MK and his nair, but less stupid.
Most of the hitboxes drag the foe down with Sora. Only minor damage.

Uair is a 2 hit strike that sends the foe upwards. Doesn't really KO much, but it may make an opening to some other move.

Dair has Sora Diving downwards Keyblade first into the ground. anything caught by it will get meteored a long way downwards.

Fair and Bair are very unique. At first glance they seem weak, but they have more to it than the first hit.

Press A or the C-stick when the hitbox connects and he will attack again.

Press it once more when the hitbox connects and he will do a finishing strike that is powerful and sends foes quite a ways.

Neutral Special in the air is Magnet Splash.
It has suction and will fling foes in the air before it finishes and sends foe flying.

Side B on the ground is Strike Raid. Not good at causing KB and it has windup and windown, but it has a lot of range and does decent damage.

Up and B is Aerial Recovery.

No hitbox, but he is intangible during the action. It transitions into a glide.

His Final Smash has him using his Keyblade to shoot a powerful beam of light.
The same beam he uses to seal keyholes.

Anyone who touches it is basically KO'd.

To Do List

Rotate Sword Glows to follow Keyblade better
Tweak Aerial Recovery code to allow for turning animation before GlideDirection when holding backwards
Fix Forward B to eliminate transitions between Air Sonic Blade and Strike Raid
Kirby Hat!

Changelist
[collapse=V0.2(Coming soon)]
Blizzard hitbox bigger, does more damage, no longer freezes.
Uair has less lag and slightly less landing lag
Aerial recovery code modified - Ground to Aerial recovery flows better and does not allow reuse until landing
Third jab has less windup
Magnet Splash suction has less range
Strike Raid has less end lag
Dair hitbox damage increased towards the end of the animation
New Running animations
New Wait animations
Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder have SFX now
Back Dodge Roll animation fixed
Forward B code modified - SpecialFall only occurs if the previous subaction was Aerial Sonic Blade and not Strike Raid
[/collapse]

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Help me gather resources for Simon Belmont from Judgement!

So if you haven't noticed, I've been trying to gather needed info and resources from Castlevania Judgement so I can make a Simon Belmont PSA when summer is over or after I update my other PSAs. Let's get started on what I need before I can properly begin.

Scaling the Model

I need it 11 times it's size.

As this image demonstrates, Fortwaffles' tool isn't the best option as it messes up the face.

Using keyframes to scale doesn't work as some as some animations/actions will malfunction if they get scaled. The one slot size method won't work as the model will revert to it's normal size when grabbed,Flame choked, Monkey humped, etc. and considering it's size, it will instantly break the grab, and the PSA way messes up collision detections.

I need a way to scale the model to 11x it's old size without using keyframes or that tool.

I need to use the Judgement model since it has the Vampire Killer whip built in the model, unlike the Vertex on Snake.

ANIMATIONS

Castlevania Judgement uses Chr0 for everything EXCEPT for characters.
Every character has a .mot file instead which judging by file size, could contain all the character's animations. :/

Looking in a hex editor, the .mot file has no bone names for Simon's mdl0...................... or names of any kind.

Sound Effects

Ripping_mama helped me rip the voice clips I need.

His Look

Whine all you want about his costume in Judgement. You guys can vertex the more traditional looks on him.
Like Ayami Kojima's look for him.

Or his look from Simon's Quest(Which I think is a costume in DMTV)

Or his classic look based off of the box art of the games,

Or even this.

Help would be greatly appreciated and you will be credited in BV when I make the PSA.
This character project can't truly begin until these conditions are satisfied.

Concepts

He'll be over Toon Link for the sake of subweapons.

Simon isn't going to be running too fast. He also isn't gonna be jumping too high. He'll also fall kinda fast. He will have air movement to match his Running speed and better horizontal mobility.

I was gonna use the Judgement animations for most of his A moves.
I don't know the names of them, but when I do, I'll update.

Dair - Diving kick thing all characters in HoD can do.

Neutral B - Flame Whip. Controllable and angleable like in SCIV. Moderate damage and KB, used for damage racking and spacing.

Forward B - Cross Boomerang. Over TL's boomerang. It's larger and moves faster so more damage. Allow 2 at a time if possible. Works great.

Up B - Whip Tether(If Possible), Increase tether range and use Zair resouces for UpB. A hop upwards and swings his whip up in the style of Pikmin chain.

Down B - Holy Water from Arrow Resources(if possible). Need to find a way to have the Holy Water .mdlo to work perfectly over the Arrow's .brres slot.
If not, I can always make it the knife.

Final Smash - His Super Finisher from Judgement. Duh. Should be simple using coding from Triforce slash.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Tomorrow's another day for Simon belmont...... D:

Anyway, pics of the PSA with KTH's updated vertexture coming when I get the links.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Oh, you got Simon's model to work? Then maybe you can tell me why my Maria model won't work...

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Simon's model is working in game. If you got the maria model from the character pack, there is a small chance that the model wasn't ported fully or properly. You have to get it from the disc yourself. I still have the image of the game so PM me for Maria's mdl0 with proper porting.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I need to use the Judgement model since it has the Vampire Killer whip built in the model, unlike the Vertex on Snake.
Suggestion: Perhaps, if you were to put this on snake, you could try and port sheik's side-B whip article over one of snake's gun articles?

Not really sure if that would even work. Then again, if you want to use Simon's model instead of the Snake vertex anyways, it would look better...

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If anyone cares, I'm gonna update Simon's post with moveset ideas. Keep in mind the ideas are subject to change.

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
good to see that someone is working with Judgement's mdl0... I can't scale the models properly from scratch, but I found some models on Deviant art that where compatible with blender and other software, but still couldn't scale them, but maybe it's because I am not familiar with that software, congrats for your progress so far, it's not an easy task

as for the moveset, well, since you can't do that much in old nes Castlevania beside whip stuff and throw things, I would say that you should make the PSA based on Richter moveset in SOTN, well, both are Belmonts so... cause I feel it's suits better to SSB than Jugdement's moveset

I mean, upb could be the uppercut thingy, sideb the jumpkick thingy, downb the backflip(pretty much like ZSS) just throwing up ideas, since I don't know about what you can do or can't in a PSA, never made one myself so, I still believe everything is possible...

cheers and keep up the great work ;)

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Bad news people.

My Laptop AC adapters both went bad. :(
This means that I can't continue my hacks and stuff for the time being or do anything from my laptop since I can't power it on.
I also have to do some important things IRL too.
I don't know when, if ever, I will be able to return, but thanks for your interest in my hacks and tell Magus he has to finish what I could not. He'll know what it means.

Farewell!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Bad news people.

My Laptop AC adapters both went bad. :(
This means that I can't continue my hacks and stuff for the time being or do anything from my laptop since I can't power it on.
I also have to do some important things IRL too.
I don't know when, if ever, I will be able to return, but thanks for your interest in my hacks and tell Magus he has to finish what I could not. He'll know what it means.

Farewell!
Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Will this Magus continue Lyn? Hope everything goes well. I hopefully await a return soon.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Not yet, but I'm ripping ripping ripping right now. The Boss or EVA is up next in my texture ripping list.

I MAY make a pack depending on how much time I have tomorrow.

BTW, I've been wanting these textures for 2 YEARS and I finally got them.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
There is a good chance for her since I learned WHY I had the mental block.
I'll take another look later this week, but until then:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hazzah! As long as she keeps being worked on, I'll wait as patiently as possible.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
A couple of updates.

Gray Fox - Confirming One Kirby hat per costume is working. If you have a design, spill it now.
Current Final Smash is OBVOIUSLY a placeholder. None of my concepts have seen the light of day because they all have lots of movement and require him to ignore stage collisions so that he won't SD.

Sora - Aerial Forward B fixed. It follows the animation much better.
Hitboxes redacted with Toomai's BB. The issue was that the hitboxes didn't quite cover all of the keyblade - they will now. Update coming a few hours.

Mega Man - Fixed Flash Stopper so it behaves as intended. Experimenting with a different midair jump. Basically, he has a normal midair jump, but there's a serious issue that needs fixing. Also using the new model and by extension, tweaked animations to fit said model.

Lyn - considering using the Model over Marth and porting over Marth, but I need a new Forward B since the Arrow isn't possible over Mar Mar.

Raiden...... maybe later. Thinking of something relatively odd like 2 movesets in one.
Basically a Sword set and a armless set. I'd imagine having him equip/put away the sword by pressing A+B simultaneously.

The armless moveset would like..... how do I put this.... a Luigified Snake - but with less ordinance. Grenades can be done, but not much else other than using model tricks.....

Sword moveset would be based off animations Ninja Raiden and moves Raiden does with the Sword in cutscene and in game.

Any ideas for Raiden? spill it while it's in the conceptual stage.

Simon Belmont - Tomorrow's another day. Nice to know custom bonesets are possible. I plan on using Ike's boneset as a base and adding bones for the Vampire Killer so it's not a stick.

Top Bottom