• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Estelle Braces For Battle! Estelle Bright For Smash.

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
I see. I'll keep that in mind! Now I'm even more interested in playing SC and 3rd, which is cool I gues hahaha
About Estelle, yeah, it feels like that. I mean I have played like 15? hours of Sky FC and there's 2 more games with her, so I know I haven't really saw much of her, but I can feel I'll be loving her arc and her evolution by the end of the trilogy lol

Is there a way to play the Azure games in english? I mean, those weren't localized if I'm not mistaken. Maybe there's a fan translation or something?
Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki(which are actually commonly referred to as the "Crossbell arc", as those games take place in Crossbell) actually do have fan translations. Oh, and to make things clear, Zero is the first game in the arc, Azure is the second.

Zero no Kiseki has been translated by a team called Geofront, and they've dubbed it "Trails from Zero". Ao no Kiseki(dubbed "Trails to Azure" by Geofront) is almost finished as well(they are on their second editing pass, according to their site). The quality is really high as well and is comparable to official localizations for other Trails titles. Well, at least for Zero, but considering the amount of effort they obviously put in to make sure they got it right, I'm certain Azure will also be great as well. The only real issue is that while it is easy to get Zero, it may not be as easy to get Azure due to DRM. I don't know how easy/hard it is, since I don't actually have Azure - someone else will have to explain this.

It can be assumed that official localizations will eventually be released in the future thanks to Zero/Ao getting PS4 releases earlier this year in Japan, but if the official localization isn't out by the time you reach the point where you've beaten the Sky arc and you want to immediately jump into Zero/Azure, then the option still exists.

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
My ratings for the Trails games are...
  1. Sky the 3rd
  2. Zero no Kiseki
  3. Azure no Kiseki
  4. Sky SC
  5. Sky FC
  6. Cold Steel 3
  7. Cold Steel 1 and Cold Steel 2
Note, I know I ranked the Cold Steel games on the bottom but I do not think they are bad games. It's just I think the writing for both of them is just slightly not as good as the others. I do think Cold Steel 3 (and hopefully Cold Steel 4) is an improvement though.

Is there a way to play the Azure games in english? I mean, those weren't localized if I'm not mistaken. Maybe there's a fan translation or something?
I played an english fan translation of Azure no Kiseki on a PSP emulator but it wasn't very polished though. Though I have heard that the group of people, The Geofront team, who did the fan translation of Zero no Kiseki for PC is currently working on doing a fan translation of Azure no Kiseki for PC as well (but for that one I think it requires you to get a Chinese PC copy of Azure no Kiseki which is kind of difficult to get).

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't notice the question was already answered.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just started playing Zero no Kiseki using the Geofront patch.

So far so good, but I'm still on the prologue atm.

I heard the Geofront Azure no Kiseki patch won't be done until 2021 so after I'm finished with Zero no Kiseki, I'll start on the Cold Steel games and hopefully the Geofront patch is done before I finished Cold Steel 2. Or I might do something else idk.

So far my rating for the games I played would be: Sky SC > Sky 3rd > Sky FC. Note that I do like Sky 3rd and Sky FC around the same. Honestly depends on the day.

Now, I'm going to continue playing Zero no Kiseki.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Well. I have finished Trails in the Sky FC. I've been playing the game a lot these last days lol

I really, really liked it. Very glad to have tried the series. And well, the ending was unexpected. I've figured out mid-game that
Professor Alba was up to something, he looked suspicious to me at some point, when I assumed he would play a bigger role in the next games. But didn't expect all the reveal about his true identity, and I didn't expectJoshua's decision. The conclusion was great, and that teaser for SC was really hype as well!

My endgame party was Estelle, Joshua, Agate and Kloe, if anyone's curious. Level 39.
The ending really makes you want to start SC immediately hahaha. Really interested in seeing how the story will go.
Soon I'll pick the SC, no doubt, but I'll probably try to wait a bit before starting the sequel, and I'll probably continue with the Yakuza series in the meanwhile.

It's really a great and charming game. Story, characters, music, world-building, gameplay... It wasn't very complicated for the most part tho, curious to see if the next games are harder.

Also, I wasn't wrong when I called that I was going to love Estelle's character. :D

Last edited:

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
Well. I have finished Trails in the Sky FC. I've been playing the game a lot these last days lol

I really, really liked it. Very glad to have tried the series. And well, the ending was unexpected. I've figured out mid-game that
Professor Alba was up to something, he looked suspicious to me at some point, when I assumed he would play a bigger role in the next games. But didn't expect all the reveal about his true identity, and I didn't expected Joshua's decision. The conclusion was great, and that teaser for SC was really hype as well!

My endgame party was Estelle, Joshua, Agate and Kloe, if anyone's curious. Level 39.
The ending really makes you want to start SC immediately hahaha. Really interested in seeing how the story will go.
Soon I'll pick the SC, no doubt, but I'll probably try to wait a bit before starting the sequel, and I'll probably continue with the Yakuza series in the meanwhile.

It's really a great and charming game. Story, characters, music, world-building, gameplay... It wasn't very complicated for the most part tho, curious to see if the next games are harder.

Also, I wasn't wrong when I called that I was going to love Estelle's character. :D
Imagine being one of the people who played FC for the first time back in 2011, and having to wait until 2015 to play the SC(while not even knowing if it would ever get localized, since FC didn't sell so well on the PSP). I'm lucky in that I randomly decided to play FC right around the time SC was released over here, lol.

Concerning the thing you figured out... I had a similar experience. If you ever replay Sky FC, a lot of details you may have missed the first time will immediately stand out because you know that now.

Anyways, glad you enjoyed it. Yes, that ending definitely makes you want to jump into SC. The good news is that every game in the series is just about as good as Sky FC in terms of overall quality, so you have plenty to look forward to going forward.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Imagine being one of the people who played FC for the first time back in 2011, and having to wait until 2015 to play the SC(while not even knowing if it would ever get localized, since FC didn't sell so well on the PSP). I'm lucky in that I randomly decided to play FC right around the time SC was released over here, lol.

Concerning the thing you figured out... I had a similar experience. If you ever replay Sky FC, a lot of details you may have missed the first time will immediately stand out because you know that now.

Anyways, glad you enjoyed it. Yes, that ending definitely makes you want to jump into SC. The good news is that every game in the series is just about as good as Sky FC in terms of overall quality, so you have plenty to look forward to going forward.
That wait seems hard to endure. I guess that's the good thing of starting a series when it's already done or very advanced, haha

Yeah, I imagine that if I decide to replay the game I'd notice some details that I've probably missed during my first playthrough. Maybe in the future!
Is SC harder, easier, or similar to the first game? Asking because I'm thinking of playing it in hard.

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
There are some boss battles in Sky SC that are considerably more difficult. And the prologue is also pretty hard too, since you don't carry any equipment over unfortunately(although transferring data still gives you some bonuses). That said, once you start getting some decent equipment, normal encounters will start to become easy again.

If you're going to bump up the difficulty, I would advise against "Nightmare". Only go up to "Hard".

EDIT: I missed the part where you said that you were thinking of playing on "Hard". But my advice remains the same regardless, haha.

Last edited:

Coconattsu

Smash Cadet
If you like suffering and grinding, Nightmare is the way to go (But seriously, don't). SC is probably the hardest game of the entire series so keep that in mind, retry offset if needed.

Just started playing Zero no Kiseki using the Geofront patch.

So far so good, but I'm still on the prologue atm.

I heard the Geofront Azure no Kiseki patch won't be done until 2021 so after I'm finished with Zero no Kiseki, I'll start on the Cold Steel games and hopefully the Geofront patch is done before I finished Cold Steel 2. Or I might do something else idk.

So far my rating for the games I played would be: Sky SC > Sky 3rd > Sky FC. Note that I do like Sky 3rd and Sky FC around the same. Honestly depends on the day.

Now, I'm going to continue playing Zero no Kiseki.
The Crossbell games are soooo good, I'd consider Lloyd a great Smash addition too if it wasn't for the fact his games aren't officially localized yet. (He probably works as a Mii Brawler though 👀)

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
The Crossbell games are soooo good, I'd consider Lloyd a great Smash addition too if it wasn't for the fact his games aren't officially localized yet. (He probably works as a Mii Brawler though 👀)
I'd love Lloyd too, the only reason I'm not going for him as much is because I think Estelle and Adol deserve it more. Although, if we ever get to that point somehow you know I'd be supporting him. It'd be funny to see him as Mii Brawler because he'd have to hit with his tonfas somehow, I suppose he'd just have them on at all times lol

Coconattsu

Smash Cadet
300,000 in the last 2 months is pretty impressive for Trails, not bad at all and I'm glad it's finally gaining that momentum it needed. Here's hoping the next entry manages to keep that going.

Anyway, see you on the first week of October for Estelle's reveal Wishful thinking

Edit: Wait. It actually got announced for the first of October

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1311304811904729089

Alright... I didn't check that before posting but we saw it coming

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
300,000 in the last 2 months is pretty impressive for Trails, not bad at all and I'm glad it's finally gaining that momentum it needed. Here's hoping the next entry manages to keep that going.

Anyway, see you on the first week of October for Estelle's reveal Wishful thinking

You're a wizard.

Estelle for FP7 confirmed, thanks for the leak!

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice

Whoa! Thanks for sharing! I'm happy that it is finally happening.

But now I can't help be somewhat nervous. XD

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Well, I've been playing Sky SC in the last 2 weeks or so. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm guessing I am basically almost there! Wanted to share a few thoughts about my experience so far
First of all, I'm at chapter 7, just after Joshua returns with Estelle and with the mission to stop the Society and what they're doing at the 4 towers. I stopped there because probably I won't be able to continue until Monday or so.

I must say, I knew Olivier was up to something lol I mean, I don't know what is he scheming, the first thing that comes to my mind is that he's the prince of Erebonia and he wants to invade Liberl for X reason? I'm probably wrong or something but what I was sure of is since the first game is that Olivier wasn't simply a funny bard guy. I guess I'll have to wait for the third game to know more. Very curious to see how things will develop after beating the Society, which I assume will be the case, and how all will connect with the next game.

Besides that, didn't expected Estelle to be caught by the Society and all what happens after that. Very cool, and her reunion with Joshua was definitely touching.
Maybe is just me but something I've really liked about the series so far is the personal stories of the characters. I'd say that at least most of my favorite moments of SC were sequences such as Joshua and Estelle at the beach after escaping, the part where Estelle is dreaming about her being with both Cassius and Lena and living as a happy family, Kloe confronting herself about the matter of being a queen, everything about Agate's past and his relationship and scenes with Tita during said arc, the whole story between Joshua, Loewe and their past, Schera being a old sister figure for Estelle and her story with Luciola, and more.

Not that the story isn't interesting or anything, I like it! (But I must confess that things like the Enforcers, or their nicknames and all, feel a bit cheesy and "trying too hard" for me hahaha) And the world building is fantastic. It's just that what I'm loving the most is the characters, their development and how they interact with each other. For me, that's the big charm of the games, if we speak about story/characters/setting.

Also, the music is even better here, I'd say. I was happy with FC's soundtrack but SC's music is even better. Yeah, it reuses a lot of songs but the new ones are generally great.
By the way I'd say SC is overall a bit more challenging, isn't it?

At the moment my team is like this
  • Estelle: level 69
  • Joshua: level 73-75, I don't remember
  • Kloe: 69
  • Agate: 69
  • Zin: 55
  • Tita 64
  • Schera: 68

I'm assuming that for Luciola, Walter and Renne Schera, Zin and Tita respectively will be obligatory party members. I haven't been using Zin a lot, and I like the guy, but I always go for Agate to fill the role of "tank/characters that does a lot of damage" so... :(

Last edited:

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've been playing Sky SC in the last 2 weeks or so. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm guessing I am basically almost there! Wanted to share a few thoughts about my experience so far
First of all, I'm at chapter 7, just after Joshua returns with Estelle and with the mission to stop the Society and what they're doing at the 4 towers. I stopped there because probably I won't be able to continue until Monday or so.

I must say, I knew Olivier was up to something lol I mean, I don't know what is he scheming, the first thing that comes to my mind is that he's the prince of Erebonia and he wants to invade Liberl for X reason? I'm probably wrong or something but what I was sure of is since the first game is that Olivier wasn't simply a funny bard guy. I guess I'll have to wait for the third game to know more. Very curious to see how things will develop after beating the Society, which I assume will be the case, and how all will connect with the next game.

Besides that, didn't expected Estelle to be caught by the Society and all that happens after that. Very cool, and her reunion with Joshua was definitely touching.
Maybe is just me but something I've really liked about the series so far is the personal stories of the characters. I'd say that at least most of my favorite moments of SC were sequences such as Joshua and Estelle at the beach after escaping, the part where Estelle is dreaming about her being with both Cassius and Lena and living as a happy family, Kloe confronting herself about the matter of being a queen, everything about Agate's past and his relationship and scenes with Tita during said arc, the whole story between Joshua, Loewe and their past, Schera being a old sister figure for Estelle and her story with Luciola, and more.

Not that the story isn't interesting or anything, I like it! (But I must confess that things like the Enforcers, or their nicknames and all, feel a bit cheesy and "trying too hard" for me hahaha) And the world building is fantastic. It's just that what I'm loving the most is the characters, their development and how they interact with each other. For me, there's the big charm of the games, if we speak about story/characters/setting.

Also, the music is even better here, I'd say. I was happy with FC's soundtrack but SC's music is even better. Yeah, it reuses a lot of songs but the new ones are generally great.
By the way I'd say SC is overall a bit more challenging, isn't it?

At the moment my team is like this
  • Estelle: level 69
  • Joshua: level 73-75, I don't remember
  • Kloe: 69
  • Agate: 69
  • Zin: 55
  • Tita 64
  • Schera: 68

I'm assuming that for Luciola, Walter and Renne Schera, Zin and Tita respectively will be obligatory party members. I haven't been using Zin a lot, and I like the guy, but I always go for Agate to fill the role of "tank/characters that does a lot of damage" so... :(
Lol, I can't say too much for fear of spoilers, but I WILL say that my favorite part of the Trails series is definitely the characters. Oh, and get used to the silly nicknames. I don't know why they insist on using them, but they do. Sometimes they feel natural, other times... they definitely feel forced.

Zin is deceptive in that he looks like he should be a damage dealer, but is (at least in my opinion) more suited to being a support character. His available Art pool is small, and he only has one Craft that is suitable for dealing damage(it's one that can hit multiple enemies within a certain range). That is probably why you don't feel comfortable using him, since most characters don't really have this problem as they usually excel in dealing damage with either Arts or Crafts, or healing other characters with them. But despite that, he does have a lot of options as a support character.

- Taunt allows him to draw all enemy aggro(which is especially useful in boss fights). For a tank, this kind of ability is obviously important.

- True Distend allows him to gain a massive 60% increase in both Strength and Defense. To give you a comparison, even the best Defense Quartz in the game only gives you a 15% increase in Defense while lowering Strength by 9%, and the opposite is true for the best Attack Quartz. Yet this Craft gives you a buff that has no drawbacks(unless you consider the fact that it's a temporary buff, but you can easily rebuff him if it wears off) while being way more effective than either Quartz. It makes those Defense/Attack Quartz look crappy by comparison.

- True Composure lets him heal himself for a lot of HP and remove status ailments. Again, as a tank this is very important.

- And he can easily learn the Earth Wall Art as well(which is, in my opinion, the most overpowered Art in the Sky trilogy).

In other words, he's a REALLY good tank. And he is very suitable for casting Earth Wall on your party members. Again, Earth Wall is overpowered... enough that it can break the game if you figure out how to use it effectively. I wont go into detail, but basically you can make it so that none of the bosses can hurt you if you do it right. And even if they do, with a buffed up Zin with Taunt active, they aren't going to be doing much before you get another Earth Wall up again.

Anyways, I'm glad you are enjoying the game. You actually still have a ways to go though, believe it or not.

the world building of the Sky trilogy is something else, when even small NPCs with no portraits have above average writing put into them you know you got something special.
This is definitely one of the most impressive aspect to the Trails series for sure.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Lol, I can't say too much for fear of spoilers, but I WILL say that my favorite part of the Trails series is definitely the characters. Oh, and get used to the silly nicknames. I don't know why they insist on using them, but they do. Sometimes they feel natural, other times... they definitely feel forced.

Zin is deceptive in that he looks like he should be a damage dealer, but is (at least in my opinion) more suited to being a support character. His available Art pool is small, and he only has one Craft that is suitable for dealing damage(it's one that can hit multiple enemies within a certain range). That is probably why you don't feel comfortable using him, since most characters don't really have this problem as they usually excel in dealing damage with either Arts or Crafts, or healing other characters with them. But despite that, he does have a lot of options as a support character.

- Taunt allows him to draw all enemy aggro(which is especially useful in boss fights). For a tank, this kind of ability is obviously important.

- True Distend allows him to gain a massive 60% increase in both Strength and Defense. To give you a comparison, even the best Defense Quartz in the game only gives you a 15% increase in Defense while lowering Strength by 9%, and the opposite is true for the best Attack Quartz. Yet this Craft gives you a buff that has no drawbacks(unless you consider the fact that it's a temporary buff, but you can easily rebuff him if it wears off) while being way more effective than either Quartz. It makes those Defense/Attack Quartz look crappy by comparison.

- True Composure lets him heal himself for a lot of HP and remove status ailments. Again, as a tank this is very important.

- And he can easily learn the Earth Wall Art as well(which is, in my opinion, the most overpowered Art in the Sky trilogy).

In other words, he's a REALLY good tank. And he is very suitable for casting Earth Wall on your party members. Again, Earth Wall is overpowered... enough that it can break the game if you figure out how to use it effectively. I wont go into detail, but basically you can make it so that none of the bosses can hurt you if you do it right. And even if they do, with a buffed up Zin with Taunt active, they aren't going to be doing much before you get another Earth Wall up again.

Anyways, I'm glad you are enjoying the game. You actually still have a ways to go though, believe it or not.

This is definitely one of the most impressive aspect to the Trails series for sure.
The nickname thing isn't something bad per se, I mean, it doesn't make the game worse or anything at all. It's just that as you said, sometimes they feel a bit forced or silly to me, but nothing more. To be fair this isn't exclusive to Trails, so far a good amount of JRPGs I've played tend to use nicknames in similar ways. In a way, all of this is funny to me haha

About your spoiler
Yeah I know! I know Zin is useful. I used him quite a lot in FC, and I like him. I always use the crafts you mentioned: taunt, true distend... he's been always useful to me. It's just that for some reason I always tend to go with Agate (my endgame team for FC was him and Kloe, besides Joshua and Estelle), while Kloe is someone I always pick. My team for SC was Estelle, Schera, Kloe and Agate. But now, with Joshua, and only 2 spots left, it's hard for me to pick Zin at this point of the game.
Maybe I'll grind a little bit of EXP for him to prepare him for the battle against Walter. I assume there will be random enemies/monsters in the Towers.

I guess I could say Zin was a victim of the circumstances for me haha. In other scenario I'd have picked him more often, that's for sure.

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
The nickname thing isn't something bad per se, I mean, it doesn't make the game worse or anything at all. It's just that as you said, sometimes they feel a bit forced or silly to me, but nothing more. To be fair this isn't exclusive to Trails, so far a good amount of JRPGs I've played tend to use nicknames in similar ways. In a way, all of this is funny to me haha

About your spoiler
Yeah I know! I know Zin is useful. I used him quite a lot in FC, and I like him. I always use the crafts you mentioned: taunt, true distend... he's been always useful to me. It's just that for some reason I always tend to go with Agate (my endgame team for FC was him and Kloe, besides Joshua and Estelle), while Kloe is someone I always pick. My team for SC was Estelle, Schera, Kloe and Agate. But now, with Joshua, and only 2 spots left, it's hard for me to pick Zin at this point of the game.
Maybe I'll grind a little bit of EXP for him to prepare him for the battle against Walter. I assume there will be random enemies/monsters in the Towers.

I guess I could say Zin was a victim of the circumstances for me haha. In other scenario I'd have picked him more often, that's for sure.
Lol, as long as you're okay with it. XD

Oh, and:

I actually rarely used Zin in Sky FC/SC to be honest. When he was available there were usually other characters that were also available that I preferred to use over him. Agate is an obvious choice for exploration because of how fast he can wipe out normal groups of mobs(Wild Rage Craft is too overpowered in this regard). And I pretty much always stuck with Kloe and Olivier whenever the option was available to me, because they are the most suited to playing the role of healer/mage in the party. And as you pointed out, Joshua taking up a slot makes it so that you have to pick and choose the last two characters even more carefully, making the decision that much more difficult.

As such, I understand your struggle, lol. My main reason for explaining was simply because I know that he is often overlooked or misunderstood by fans. But since you know, then that's good. =P

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Well I just finished Sky SC
What a ride man. When I thought I was close to the end (when you have to fight the Enforcers at the 4 towers) then that massive Ark appears. Very cool endgame area, and the soundtrack, already great, was even better when you head there.
Really loved the final area and all. And being able to play as Mueller or Julia was surprising and cool at the same time.

I can see that my ""theory"" regarding Olivier was completely, COMPLETELY, wrong hahaha. To be honest, I prefer his design as a Prince. It would have been cool to swap between these 2 costumes for him, but I guess it wouldn't fit with his personality.
My endgame team was Estelle, Joshua, then Kloe and Olivier/Agate/Schera.

At the beginning I was switching with the latter 3 because I wanted to play with them. In the end for the final battles I chose Olivier to accompany the other 3. It was somewhat tricky. Specially because at some point I somewhat didn't noticed that one attack that Weissmann Angel where he summons a black void or something like that and then engulfs any character placed in that part. So he was at 15% HP or something when Estelle and Olivier were sucked out lmao and I was like, WTF? I seriously didn't noticed the black thing the first time, then when he repeated the thing I felt very dumb to not have noticed that... A shame, I wanted to end the fight with Estelle's S-Craft or with a Joshua/Estelle Craft. :(
The hardest fight was Loewe's, btw. For me, at least.

As for the story and it's conclusion... Really great. As I said, more than the story (which isn't bad or anything by any means), what had me fall in love with the series so far are the characters, their interactions and their personalities. I think the word "charmful" fits super well with Sky FC and Sky SC.
For example, even if I knew Estelle and Joshua weren't gonna die when they were escaping, that moment had me very intrigued and involved. For me that speaks a lot for how great and lovable are the characters, the dialogues and the writing. And I think that the ending for both characters it's pretty cool!
Not gonna lie I'd have liked to see some sequences after the escape, with some time passed, to see how the other party members and other key characters were doing, but not like I'm gonna complain hahaha

In the end, I felt that classic feeling when you finish an epic adventure that had you sucked for hours. I'm not gonna jump into Sky 3rd for a while, I think, but I'm gonna miss Estelle and company for the meantime.

By the way, maybe I missed some details. In any case, I know maybe this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but regarding that "twist"? at the end with Kevin and Weissmann made me think Kevin was a "bad guy" or something like that for a moment. Then after I finished the game I decided to watch the trailer Steam has for Sky 3rd and he seems to be the main character, or at least that was the impression I got lol. I don't know how to take that anyway because to be honest, while I don't dislike him, I'm pretty much indifferent towards him by now so I don't know if him being the main character, or one of the main characters, for 3rd excites me a lot.
Maybe it didn't help that I barely used him during SC. I guess I was more attached to the other characters + he didn't caught my attention that much. This opinion of mine will probably change when I play Sky 3rd. I know Estelle and Joshua appear there as well (thanks to the trailer I saw and some promo art I have seen), but I figure that in 3rd they don't have that much of spotlight.

The music was amazing. This theme hits me hard for some reason. Especially when it plays during the dream sequence where Estelle is a child, with Cassius and Lena.

I also ****ing loved this song since the first time it played. It felt very fitting as well for when it plays in the part where Estelle receives the letter that makes her think it was from Joshua's.

Great battle theme for the Enforcers

And this one, well, it's just ****ing awesome in my opinion. At first maybe seems your "regular" final boss theme, but I love how the song builds up. It made the final battle with Weissmann better.

Not gonna post Silver Will because that's a given hahaha. RIP Loewe. :(

Seriously, I think Estelle has become one of my fave JRPG characters. Not only her, but also Joshua and some of the party members. What a lovable cast. Also, I wanna mention how good is the promo art, or at least, some of it. I absolutely love it.

This one from SC I'm going to post it as spoiler in case Gwen doesn't want any kind of potential spoilers:

The ones I have seen for Sky 3rd also look great.

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
Well I just finished Sky SC
What a ride man. When I thought I was close to the end (when you have to fight the Enforcers at the 4 towers) then that massive Ark appears. Very cool endgame area, and the soundtrack, already great, was even better when you head there.
Really loved the final area and all. And being able to play as Mueller or Julia was surprising and cool at the same time.

I can see that my ""theory"" regarding Olivier was completely, COMPLETELY, wrong hahaha. To be honest, I prefer his design as a Prince. It would have been cool to swap between these 2 costumes for him, but I guess it wouldn't fit with his personality.
My endgame team was Estelle, Joshua, then Kloe and Olivier/Agate/Schera.

At the beginning I was switching with the latter 3 because I wanted to play with them. In the end for the final battles I chose Olivier to accompany the other 3. It was somewhat tricky. Specially because at some point I somewhat didn't noticed that one attack that Weissmann Angel where he summons a black void or something like that and then engulfs any character placed in that part. So he was at 15% HP or something when Estelle and Olivier were sucked out lmao and I was like, WTF? I seriously didn't noticed the black thing the first time, then when he repeated the thing I felt very dumb to not have noticed that... A shame, I wanted to end the fight with Estelle's S-Craft or with a Joshua/Estelle Craft. :(
The hardest fight was Loewe's, btw. For me, at least.

As for the story and it's conclusion... Really great. As I said, more than the story (which isn't bad or anything by any means), what had me fall in love with the series so far are the characters, their interactions and their personalities. I think the word "charmful" fits super well with Sky FC and Sky SC.
For example, even if I knew Estelle and Joshua weren't gonna die when they were escaping, that moment had me very intrigued and involved. For me that speaks a lot for how great and lovable are the characters, the dialogues and the writing. And I think that the ending for both characters it's pretty cool!
Not gonna lie I'd have liked to see some sequences after the escape, with some time passed, to see how the other party members and other key characters were doing, but not like I'm gonna complain hahaha

In the end, I felt that classic feeling when you finish an epic adventure that had you sucked for hours. I'm not gonna jump into Sky 3rd for a while, I think, but I'm gonna miss Estelle and company for the meantime.

By the way, maybe I missed some details. In any case, I know maybe this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but regarding that "twist"? at the end with Kevin and Weissmann made me think Kevin was a "bad guy" or something like that for a moment. Then after I finished the game I decided to watch the trailer Steam has for Sky 3rd and he seems to be the main character, or at least that was the impression I got lol. I don't know how to take that anyway because to be honest, while I don't dislike him, I'm pretty much indifferent towards him by now so I don't know if him being the main character, or one of the main characters, for 3rd excites me a lot.
Maybe it didn't help that I barely used him during SC. I guess I was more attached to the other characters + he didn't caught my attention that much. This opinion of mine will probably change when I play Sky 3rd. I know Estelle and Joshua appear there as well (thanks to the trailer I saw and some promo art I have seen), but I figure that in 3rd they don't have that much of spotlight.

The music was amazing. This theme hits me hard for some reason. Especially when it plays during the dream sequence where Estelle is a child, with Cassius and Lena.

I also ****ing loved this song since the first time it played. It felt very fitting as well for when it plays in the part where Estelle receives the letter that makes her think it was from Joshua's.

Great battle theme for the Enforcers

And this one, well, it's just ****ing awesome in my opinion. At first maybe seems your "regular" final boss theme, but I love how the song builds up. It made the final battle with Weissmann better.

Not gonna post Silver Will because that's a given hahaha. RIP Loewe. :(

Seriously, I think Estelle has become one of my fave JRPG characters. Not only her, but also Joshua and some of the party members. What a lovable cast. Also, I wanna mention how good is the promo art, or at least, some of it. I absolutely love it.

This one from SC I'm going to post it as spoiler in case Gwen doesn't want any kind of potential spoilers:

The ones I have seen for Sky 3rd also look great.
I'm glad you liked it! XD

Here's my response to your comments on the ending, as well as something I have to say about Sky 3rd:

First and foremost, Olivier. You were close to the truth with your initial guess. But yeah, you were wrong about his intentions. That moment where you find out who he is(which isn't really that surprising anyways, I'm sure most people guessed he was someone important in Erebonia by that point), and then all of the twists and turns the lead up to you finding out that he and Cassius were working together to stop Chancellor Osborne's plan is a fan favorite for a lot of people. Including me, of course. And yeah, I would have liked to switch between his outfits as well.

Second, that ending is indeed great. Yeah, that twist with Kevin at the end did surprise me a bit as well. I realized at that moment that I knew next to nothing about him, lol. I liked the sequence of events that occur while Liberl Ark is crumbling, as well as the scene where Estelle and Joshua are at Hamel paying their respects afterward. That "to be continued" vibe that it gives, without necessarily making you feel like it NEEDS to be continued, is great too. Like, they could have ended things there and I think most people would have been satisfied. I'm glad they kept going though, lol.

Third... I'm surprised you didn't know about Kevin being the main character of Sky 3rd. To be honest, I was intentionally avoiding mention of it just in case you didn't know. Anyways, yes, he is the main character. And while he isn't "Estelle", he is still awesome in his own way and I came to really like him. I actually didn't use him much in my first run of Sky SC either, if that helps to alleviate your fears any. As for the type of game Sky 3rd is... I'm going to be honest, based on your opinions so far, it may actually be your favorite game in the Sky arc because of the emphasis on character development and tying up some of the smaller loose ends from Sky FC/SC. It also expands on the lore as well.

I wont spoil story specific things, but I'll give you a general idea of some of the more interesting things about Sky 3rd. But I'll hide them incase you want to find this stuff out yourself:

While playing through the game, you will encounter these special doors that have a Sun, Moon, or Star on them. Sun doors contain mini-games, Moon doors contain lengthy story segments, and Star doors contain short story segments. It's not possible to permanently miss a door in the game unless you go past the point of no return at the end of the game, so you can always go back and find any doors you may have passed over. The doors require certain characters or items to be with you in order to access them(and the game gives you a hint of who or what it is), and completing them will grant you rewards. When you examine a door, it'll allow you to fast travel to it from that point on, so even if you can't access the door at that time(due to not having the correct character or item) it is still worth examining them all. A lot of the character development I was talking about actually comes from the Moon/Star doors, because of... uhh, spoiler reasons. With the exception of the first door you find, the rest are all optional.

While playing through Sky 3rd, the book series and newspaper articles from Sky FC/SC will appear in at the various bookshelves in the hub area(you'll know what I'm talking about when you play it). This means that if you missed any of them before, you'll be able to read them now.

And while you don't have to, taking the time to talk to your party members in the hub area between story events can give you some more insight to them as characters. Unfortunately, you'll need to swap out party members if you want to talk to everyone that you can, as those who are in your party will be "following" you until you remove them, and thus can't be talked to.

Oh, and the music tracks you posted are great. Sky 3rd also has a few good tracks as well, so look forward to it.

Anyways, I really enjoyed Sky 3rd a lot. So once you're ready, don't fret and just jump right in! I'm looking forward to your opinion on it! And yeah, the characters in Trails are very easy to like. Even when they sometimes seem unlikable at first, they grow on you really fast(I'm looking at you, Cold Steel 1).

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm glad you liked it! XD

Here's my response to your comments on the ending, as well as something I have to say about Sky 3rd:

First and foremost, Olivier. You were close to the truth with your initial guess. But yeah, you were wrong about his intentions. That moment where you find out who he is(which isn't really that surprising anyways, I'm sure most people guessed he was someone important in Erebonia by that point), and then all of the twists and turns the lead up to you finding out that he and Cassius were working together to stop Chancellor Osborne's plan is a fan favorite for a lot of people. Including me, of course. And yeah, I would have liked to switch between his outfits as well.

Second, that ending is indeed great. Yeah, that twist with Kevin at the end did surprise me a bit as well. I realized at that moment that I knew next to nothing about him, lol. I liked the sequence of events that occur while Liberl Ark is crumbling, as well as the scene where Estelle and Joshua are at Hamel paying their respects afterward. That "to be continued" vibe that it gives, without necessarily making you feel like it NEEDS to be continued, is great too. Like, they could have ended things there and I think most people would have been satisfied. I'm glad they kept going though, lol.

Third... I'm surprised you didn't know about Kevin being the main character of Sky 3rd. To be honest, I was intentionally avoiding mention of it just in case you didn't know. Anyways, yes, he is the main character. And while he isn't "Estelle", he is still awesome in his own way and I came to really like him. I actually didn't use him much in my first run of Sky SC either, if that helps to alleviate your fears any. As for the type of game Sky 3rd is... I'm going to be honest, based on your opinions so far, it may actually be your favorite game in the Sky arc because of the emphasis on character development and tying up some of the smaller loose ends from Sky FC/SC. It also expands on the lore as well.

I wont spoil story specific things, but I'll give you a general idea of some of the more interesting things about Sky 3rd. But I'll hide them incase you want to find this stuff out yourself:

While playing through the game, you will encounter these special doors that have a Sun, Moon, or Star on them. Sun doors contain mini-games, Moon doors contain lengthy story segments, and Star doors contain short story segments. It's not possible to permanently miss a door in the game unless you go past the point of no return at the end of the game, so you can always go back and find any doors you may have passed over. The doors require certain characters or items to be with you in order to access them(and the game gives you a hint of who or what it is), and completing them will grant you rewards. When you examine a door, it'll allow you to fast travel to it from that point on, so even if you can't access the door at that time(due to not having the correct character or item) it is still worth examining them all. A lot of the character development I was talking about actually comes from the Moon/Star doors, because of... uhh, spoiler reasons. With the exception of the first door you find, the rest are all optional.

While playing through Sky 3rd, the book series and newspaper articles from Sky FC/SC will appear in at the various bookshelves in the hub area(you'll know what I'm talking about when you play it). This means that if you missed any of them before, you'll be able to read them now.

And while you don't have to, taking the time to talk to your party members in the hub area between story events can give you some more insight to them as characters. Unfortunately, you'll need to swap out party members if you want to talk to everyone that you can, as those who are in your party will be "following" you until you remove them, and thus can't be talked to.

Oh, and the music tracks you posted are great. Sky 3rd also has a few good tracks as well, so look forward to it.

Anyways, I really enjoyed Sky 3rd a lot. So once you're ready, don't fret and just jump right in! I'm looking forward to your opinion on it! And yeah, the characters in Trails are very easy to like. Even when they sometimes seem unlikable at first, they grow on you really fast(I'm looking at you, Cold Steel 1).
About Olivier, I guess my theory came because when he leaves the group just when things are going south, it gave me a feel like this was a build up for him as the villain of Sky 3rd. So I didn't expect that twist with him and Cassius. To be honest I think I would have liked the idea of Olivier as antagonist, or being one of them, after being a party member.
Yeah I think it was pretty obvious he was no ordinary bard. At first you can believe that, but when you meet Mueller in Sky FC and you know that he's constantly behind Olivier, that's when things are clear, in my opinion. It gave me the feel since the first game that Olivier was a really important person in Erebonia. In that sense I was right I guess, haha.

For the ending I didn't expect at all Cassius rescuing Estelle and Joshua with the dragon. I was expecting Renne with his robot to came to the rescue, but never thought of Cassius being the savior, to be honest hahaha

About Sky 3rd. Honestly, I didn't know Kevin was the main character. I don't know how I managed to not know that. I guess it's because my contact with Sky 3rd is mostly has been some random promo art I saw before I even started playing the series, so at that point I didn't remember the characters I saw in images besides Estelle.
Then I have been avoiding anything Sky 3rd related for obvious reasons. I saw the picture Steam has for the game 2-3 times but nothing more, and I just remember seeing what seemed a church girl in the cover, which I assume is an important character in the third game.

If Sky 3rd has even bigger focus in character development, honestly, that sound really cool and interesting to me. I have read the spoiler and at first, all the thing about Sun and Moon doors seems a bit strange but I guess it will make sense when I play the game, hahaha

Oh and about Kevin as the main guy, it's not like I have a problem with that, it's just that feels surprising. I was a bit confused, not gonna lie. As I said I'll probably like him more in the next game, in SC for some reason I wasn't really into him and barely used him. I guess he was in disadvantage in comparison to other party members, which the player already knows from the first game, so you're naturally more invested in them.

And yeah don't worry, I'll keep posting my impressions and I'll talk about Sky 3rd when the time comes. I'm very curious to see what happens there.

D

Deleted member

I've finished Trails from Zero today and it's definitely my second favourite Trails game so far behind Sky SC.

Only problem is that the Trails to Azure genfront patch is not completed yet so I can either wait for it or find another English patch. Not too sure what to do about that.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I've finished Trails from Zero today and it's definitely my second favourite Trails game so far behind Sky SC.

Only problem is that the Trails to Azure genfront patch is not completed yet so I can either wait for it or find another English patch. Not too sure what to do about that.
You could wait if you want, but from my experience the current patch is alright. The version I tried one of the first ones released. If you google a bit you can find it for the PSP version, though afaik it's also been modified to work on the PC one. And yeah, Zero is a very nice game.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIcbJn-RylQ

1 hour documentary on Falcom's beginnings, it's really good and well researched, and honestly, it's also very relevant for today's speculation. I mean I knew Falcom was important but after seeing this, I can say it with confidence.

Point of all this, a Falcom rep isn't far-fetched at all as some might think.
I'm partway through watching it right now, and I didn't realize Vantage Master was an actual game. That's really cool that the Vantage Masters card game from Cold Steel III & IV is a nod to the company's history. I was also surprised to find out that the founder of Monolith Soft started his career at Falcom, including working on the first Legend of Heroes game. If we get a Trails rep like Estelle, it'd definitely be interesting having Monolith Soft contributing to the same game as the company where its founder got his start.

EDIT: MAKOTO SHINKAI worked there too?!

Last edited:

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
I'm partway through watching it right now, and I didn't realize Vantage Master was an actual game. That's really cool that the Vantage Masters card game from Cold Steel III & IV is a nod to the company's history. I was also surprised to find out that the founder of Monolith Soft started his career at Falcom, including working on the first Legend of Heroes game. If we get a Trails rep like Estelle, it'd definitely be interesting having Monolith Soft contributing to the same game as the company where its founder got his start.

EDIT: MAKOTO SHINKAI worked there too?!
Yeah, it's kind of crazy how Falcom had a really amazing lineup of talented people early on, and it was ruined by (what we can only assume were) bad decisions within the company. That said, if things had gone any differently, we may have never had the Trails series(or anything like it), so... things worked out in the end I guess. Lol.

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
Well, two important pieces of news just came out. This was posted in the Adol topic:

The Kai versions of Zero and Ao are getting ports on the Switch in Korea. Now there is also this:

Cold Steel 1 and 2 are also getting ports to the Switch, but in Japan. Is this really leading up to a "all Trails games on Switch" kind of situation? Like, holy crap, I always thought it was possible, but to see it actually happening feels surreal. Of course, they still need to have their localized versions on the Switch as well...

EDIT: I guess it's listed as just "Asia" according to gematsu's Twitter page:

The release dates are also interesting. Zero/Ao are coming out in February/April, where as CS1/2 are in June/July according to this. They seem to be porting them in their original release order. Which begs the question: Where is the Sky trilogy in all of this? I'm not gonna lie, a part of me hopes they'll do a world-wide release of the Sky trilogy for the Switch in January or something, because that lines up with when the next character may get revealed, lol.

It's unfortunate that there is currently no news on whether or not they'll be getting their localized versions on the Switch, but... hey, some news is better than none.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Well, two important pieces of news just came out. This was posted in the Adol topic:

The Kai versions of Zero and Ao are getting ports on the Switch in Korea. Now there is also this:

Cold Steel 1 and 2 are also getting ports to the Switch, but in Japan. Is this really leading up to a "all Trails games on Switch" kind of situation? Like, holy crap, I always thought it was possible, but to see it actually happening feels surreal. Of course, they still need to have their localized versions on the Switch as well...

EDIT: I guess it's listed as just "Asia" according to gematsu's Twitter page:

The release dates are also interesting. Zero/Ao are coming out in February/April, where as CS1/2 are in June/July according to this. They seem to be porting them in their original release order. Which begs the question: Where is the Sky trilogy in all of this? I'm not gonna lie, a part of me hopes they'll do a world-wide release of the Sky trilogy for the Switch in January or something, because that lines up with when the next character may get revealed, lol.

It's unfortunate that there is currently no news on whether or not they'll be getting their localized versions on the Switch, but... hey, some news is better than none.
Holy crap! I wasn't expecting that at all, that's great.Sure, it might not be localized for now but just having ports alone is really nice. Plus, they'd need to do the localization from the start anyway which does take time. The Sky trilogy however as we know is localized, and it does have Kai versions as well. Wonder what'll happen to that one?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm surprised I haven't posted here yet. Yeah I support Estelle in Smash. I'm playing through SC right now and I'm excited to see how it ends. I have a gut feeling we'll get a Falcom character as part of the fighters pass. I'm not sure who it'll be between Adol, Estelle, and Rean, but at the very least I do think it will be one of these three.

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I always thought it was a bit odd previous Trails entries weren't available on the Switch. If they're porting Zero/Ao No Kiseki I can't see the Sky trilogy being skipped. But who knows.
I already felt a long time ago that the Sky trilogy had a pretty good chance of getting Switch ports, but it seems inevitable now that this has happened. I'm also fairly certain that they will all get localized. But there are cases where they ported the games and never localized them(like the Evo versions on Vita). So "who knows" is about right, unfortunately.

I'm surprised I haven't posted here yet. Yeah I support Estelle in Smash. I'm playing through SC right now and I'm excited to see how it ends. I have a gut feeling we'll get a Falcom character as part of the fighters pass. I'm not sure who it'll be between Adol, Estelle, and Rean, but at the very least I do think it will be one of these three.
Welcome! Lol, the fun never stops with Trails. XD

I would say that Lloyd(main character from Zero/Ao) also stands a chance now... but unfortunately, I don't see it happening. Which is a shame, because he is pretty awesome.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Enjoy SC!

I already felt a long time ago that the Sky trilogy had a pretty good chance of getting Switch ports, but it seems inevitable now that this has happened. I'm also fairly certain that they will all get localized. But there are cases where they ported the games and never localized them(like the Evo versions on Vita). So "who knows" is about right, unfortunately.

Welcome! Lol, the fun never stops with Trails. XD

I would say that Lloyd(main character from Zero/Ao) also stands a chance now... but unfortunately, I don't see it happening. Which is a shame, because he is pretty awesome.
No doubting he's cool but I don't know if Lloyd would have a good chance. For Trails protags he isn't the most recent one neither the OG one, and his games aren't localized at this moment, which is another obstacle for him, I guess.

As for the Sky trilogy on Switch, I wouldn't mind if they go with the PC versions of the game. I mean, that would be better than not having the trilogy on the Switch, if they can't do the Vita versions.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if the Evolution versions added any new content that affect gameplay but I'd rather still see the PC/PSP versions ported, I can't stand the redesigns EVO brought to the table.
It's mostly music, audio and graphical changes. As well as adding voicelines for every dialogue. I agree though, I prefer the old artstyle personally. Thankfully Zero/Ao Kai seem to be based more on the original versions, same went for Sky Kai so that's probably what'd be ported. If they did use the Evolution content I hope it'd be optional.

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
No doubting he's cool but I don't know if Lloyd would have a good chance. For Trails protags he isn't the most recent one neither the OG one, and his games aren't localized at this moment, which is another obstacle for him, I guess.

As for the Sky trilogy on Switch, I wouldn't mind if they go with the PC versions of the game. I mean, that would be better than not having the trilogy on the Switch, if they can't do the Vita versions.
Yeah, not being the original or the newest is definitely what has put him in an awkward situation. The localization thing may not have been as big of a deal as you might think though. I was only tossing it out there because there are some Trails fans who have him as their favorite protagonist in the series(or the games he comes from are their favorite in the series).

And I agree that something is better than nothing, lol. That said, they'll most likely port the Evo versions for the Sky trilogy as well. Keep in mind that every Trails game is now on the PS4... except the Sky trilogy(and Nayuta no Kiseki, but we don't even know if that game is part of the Trails series yet). They did port the Sky trilogy to the PS3, but that was the original versions of those games without the voice overs. Zero/Ao Kai on the PS4 are remakes/ports of Zero/Ao Evolution(I say "remake" because they added/changed some stuff to reflect things that they had done in the Cold Steel games). And something tells me that, if a Sky trilogy Switch announcement does occur, it'll also be released for the PS4 as well. And the only version I could see them wanting to do at this point is the Evo version of the Sky games.

I dunno if the Evolution versions added any new content that affect gameplay but I'd rather still see the PC/PSP versions ported, I can't stand the redesigns EVO brought to the table.
It's mostly music, audio and graphical changes. As well as adding voicelines for every dialogue. I agree though, I prefer the old artstyle personally. Thankfully Zero/Ao Kai seem to be based more on the original versions, same went for Sky Kai so that's probably what'd be ported. If they did use the Evolution content I hope it'd be optional.
I agree that the old character designs are better. Maybe they could give an option for the character portraits? XD

Top Bottom