• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Esoj (diddy) Vs Toasty (rob)

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Pretty gooooooood :) I have two suggestions though

1. It's better to use bair instead of fair when you're trying to DI back to the stage (since bair is Diddy's fastest aerial)
2. I noticed the ROB just kept throwing your bananas off stage... once you notice that also, it might have been a better idea to either stop using your bananas for a while, or to just have 1 banana out at a time, that way your opponent wont have as much time to pick up your banana (as opposed to pulling out 2 bananas)

but still, nice match :)

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Pegachris: thanks, normally i use more tilts in my games though robs jabs are faster than most of diddys close range hits so thats why i had to keep a distance.

xoxokev. thanks, ill try bairs for a while and c how they work. Also im cool with him throwing my bananas off the stage because by the time he throws one out I could pull out another or i can get in a hit. 1 banana might not be have bad but id rather have 2 in case i lose 1 of them.

tibs7

Smash Champion
bahaha ROB hated those naners
nonetheless u are quite skilled!
nice

Irsic

Smash Ace
ROBs gyro is really easy for Diddy to pick up, so I recommend that, though that ROB wasn't using gyro as much as he could have been. When you get a hold of a gyro, you can either delay the rob by trying to keep it in the air so he has less to camp with, or use it offensively. I personally keep it in the air as much as possible as it forces ROB to act differently.

Other than that, pretty cool stuff. That was such a ballsy spike. <_< I would have understood your risk if you were the one near death and ROB was at like 60%, but you went for it anyway, lol. Well, lucky it connected! :p

Seppoku

Smash Cadet
not to knock on you man, but the robs I play would run through you pretty easy...

The Battlefield stage was a good counter pick stage, but if you were on Final D, you'd have a lot more trouble... that ROB seemed WAY too skiddish on picking up your bananas and owning the ground game. All in all, time the bananas to be thrown right before ROB makes contact with the ground... Then go into your combo, Up tilts are a must... etc etc..

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
not to knock on you man, but the robs I play would run through you pretty easy...

The Battlefield stage was a good counter pick stage, but if you were on Final D, you'd have a lot more trouble... that ROB seemed WAY too skiddish on picking up your bananas and owning the ground game. All in all, time the bananas to be thrown right before ROB makes contact with the ground... Then go into your combo, Up tilts are a must... etc etc..
In friendlies earlier toasty tried to use my bananas against me and failed cause i would keep on catching them and throwing them back at him. Thats why in our tourney matches he tried to go a diff strategy by just throwing them off the stage. And to Toasty's credit hes one of the best players in SOVA. Also im from NOVA where we have the best players in the world and I have played many skilled ROBs before so no offense i don't know where ur from but i dont think id have a problem with the ROBS in your area. Also thanks i know that its better to throw a banana right b4 ROB hits the ground but thats good on any character except them 5 jump chars though i c ur point how i didnt utilize that strat too much in this match. Also tilts are amazing with diddy but robs tilt seem to be a bit faster and with a nicer range so it forces me to play a lil bit more defensive in that match. Other than that thanks for the advice.:)

Seppoku

Smash Cadet
Yeah... i rewatched the video... and that makes the ROB I play (and the diddy I counter him with) seem like gods...

I don't have a splitter, but I will put something up maybe after this weekend if I can find someone who does...

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
if u say so man, like they say seeing is believeing so ill be waiting fot that upload of urs.:psycho:

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I normally don't do this, but if you go to Genesis in July, I'll definitely MM your Diddy for $20. Just to see what I'm up against, with this ROB counter you seem to have [that's only about 5% sarcastic]. ...honestly, I'm curious, not bitter at all :)

Legit-explanation-Johns: I have absolutely no (good) Diddy players around me so my only experience in the matchup has been the very few times I've had to face NoVa/MD Diddys in tournament and thus have a very rough time playing against them with confidence. [also I hate just sitting back and camping, which I COULD have done...I also coulda been gay and gone to Jungle Japes or Frigate Orpheon or something, but chose not to...haha bad call on my part]

Good **** Jose...IMA TAG YOU BACK THOUGH, SON!!! Believe it.

<3

Seppoku

Smash Cadet
Yeah toasty, I'd love to play you... I live in Florida though :p ...

I'll start saving my replays this weekend and see if I can't find someone with a Dazzle this weekend jose.

Top Bottom