• All episodes of the new Smash Brothers documentary 'Metagame' are available on Vimeo! Get Metagame Here

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

• Support Smashboards and get Premium Membership today!

Escape to the Surface, Octolings for Smash + splatoon 3 discussion

GoodGrief741

Smash Hero
In many ways Splatoon 2 felt like a refined version of Splatoon 1, just to introduce the series to the Switch audience. So I'm really excited to see what they do with 3 to shake things up, both because it's their first chance and to differentiate it from 2 (which is on the same console).

DelphoxFan97

Smash Apprentice
One way I could see past characters returning would be if Splatsville had an airport nearby where they have flights from Inkopolis. They could even have a stage based on said airport.

DelphoxFan97

Smash Apprentice
Having an airport near Splatsville would allow past characters to fly there. They might call it "Flyfish Airlines" if it does come as a stage. The background can show jellyfish guiding the planes, or going through security. Weapons would only be allowed in the battle area.

Last edited:

MiniGeek2000

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone I have found this PapaGenos video on him covering a recent discovery about a potential bonus fighter. What do you all think of this?

Rie Sonomura

always on the outside, through a window looking in
Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey everyone I have found this PapaGenos video on him covering a recent discovery about a potential bonus fighter. What do you all think of this?
I mean it could be a surprise 7th pass slot, OR an individual DLC like Piranha Plant

either would be a good outcome for our lil veemos

just pls give music if they’re individual, I’ll accept no stage/spirit board if that’s the case

Last edited:

MiniGeek2000

Smash Cadet
In my opinion if a bonus character is happening it would be the perfect time to add Octoling considering Splatoon 3 won't be far off. In my opinion Splatoon 3 will release around May-July. Also if that happens please have music with them (Octo Expansion music is so underrated and also add Octoling Rendezvous as it's the music we hear when we first encounter the Octolings in the series) and a few spirits (unless we're having a Spirit Event for Splatoon 3).

LordOfSpade

Smash Rookie
In my opinion if a bonus character is happening it would be the perfect time to add Octoling considering Splatoon 3 won't be far off. In my opinion Splatoon 3 will release around May-July. Also if that happens please have music with them (Octo Expansion music is so underrated and also add Octoling Rendezvous as it's the music we hear when we first encounter the Octolings in the series) and a few spirits (unless we're having a Spirit Event for Splatoon 3).
Adding Octoling without "Fly Octo Fly", "Nasty Majesty" or "Octoling Rendezvous" would just be wrong. There are other songs I'd include as well such as "Shark Bytes" and "Splatattack (Octo)", but I feel like those three are just obligatory.

fogbadge

Smash Legend
Adding Octoling without "Fly Octo Fly", "Nasty Majesty" or "Octoling Rendezvous" would just be wrong. There are other songs I'd include as well such as "Shark Bytes" and "Splatattack (Octo)", but I feel like those three are just obligatory.
smash would do that happily

MiniGeek2000

Smash Cadet
That would be cool not gonna lie. Would be against bots with a difficulty you can set and go on any stage and maybe split-screen multiplayer.

DelphoxFan97

Smash Apprentice
Because Splatoon 3 is set in a completely different location, and that Riva and Lumi are from a fan-made version of Splatoon 3, it's not likely that these characters will become canon.

CoralStar.jpg

DelphoxFan97

Smash Apprentice
Us Americans hardly get any Splatoon-related stuff. We only see stuff for American-made franchises like Star Wars and Transformers.

Top Bottom