• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Esca VS Trela (Tourney!!!)

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
^ 3rded

Helps sooooo much.

MATCH 1

2:54

Don't ever try to jump early VS pit offstage like that.

As you learned you got arroooooow'd for it.

You might've been able to curve that ES right after that laglessly on stage but you didn't even make an effort to :(

and uh just asking.

3:33

Did the weird Dair FF happen there because of the momentum caused by Pit's UpB?

mmnmm.

MATCH 2

*Yoshis Island*

*Castle Siege Legal at Hobo 23*

WTF

Did he ban it?

:<

Its not a common ban.

He can't glide under the stage on Castle 1 and 3

and you even get shields agaisnt Arrow Spam on Castle 2!

adjiejgeijgiaejgiaegjeaigjeigjaeig

w.e.

onto the match

1:24

You could've unloaded Aurasphere on him, most likely for the kill because of that Extra KB during charging Smashes.

1:50

.. Ouch :(

You coulda ES'd towards the ghostplat...

but i guess that didn't come to mind?

3:20

sadness

Stop Dying on Yoshis said:
I come bearing gifts.

You cannot cling to or walljump on the red highlighted areas.
You cannot cling to or walljump below the camera.
You can only cling to the green lines in this image.
The red dots are joints between the straight lines on the wall and hold no significance whatsoever. The red dots do not represent points. There is no space between the green lines.
Dantarion is a god for both creating BrawlWall and getting the BrawlWall screenshots for me to superimpose onto a snapshot of Yoshi's.

I also noticed you tried to challenge his glide attack a few times.

I don't really think we can beat pit's glide attack except by jumping above him and dairing him.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
what happened to your jabs? I noticed that when you got flustered, you did less quicker attacks and got more kill happy. You were getting predictable, which happens a lot, especially with a MU you might not be as familiar with.

Next time, I would probably try nair/uair for maybe later but safer kills, as you have plenty more safer opportunities to use these (like SH nair oos) as opposed to fsmash (especially when pit's still on the ground).

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Dtilt can kill pit fresh just as well as a fresh utilt [which won't be fresh].

Trela

Smash Lord
Esca's a *****!

Anyways, I KNOW what I did wrong, guys. I was literally crap when we played, getting hit by almost ALL of his attacks. After my Set with Razer, I lost all hope in my Lucario. Esca had taken GNES to game 3 and almost beat me and GNES in teams before we played, too, and I believe he is just a better player than me overall. He knows what I'm going to do before the match even begins lol. And it really did not matter where I went, for he would've CP'ed me wherever it was.

Hopefully I'll get him next time. I'll admit, though, that there needs to be a LGL on characters other than MK at our Tournaments. Now please lock this Thread! Seriously, I don't need critique on stupid stuff like this.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Esca did good. He played like a little *****, but he did good, lol. ;)

He pretty much did the same thing to me, but I already knew what was going to happen before the match started. You just have to be more patient, that's all there is to it...

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Trela got to aggressive when he was a head a stock. He should of used that opportunity to build up damage. Also how about some more ftilit.

Esca great job. You might want to experiment with your offstage game vs lucario. A lot of the time you just shot arrows when you could could have potentially gimped or just edgehog for a lot longer than you did.

Gnes

Smash Master
I know how it feels trela...playing against styles like this make u just feel like not playing anymore...perk up bud, we'll both do better next time.

I wont suck so badly in teams next time either ^_^

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Stupid eukaryotic cells.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There are ways to get around ledge camping like this, it's annoying and boring to play against, but you know playing to win and all that.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Could have forced him to the stage, but overall it was good to watch. Keep it up.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
There are ways to get around ledge camping like this, it's annoying and boring to play against, but you know playing to win and all that.
Lol Ledge camping is broken. there should be LGL's at all tourney's, or everyone just needs to secondary MK and laugh at plankers on game 2.

Top Bottom