• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Error 20100

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
So I got error 20100 which I have heard has been giving other people some problems as well.

I can connect to the internet just fine with my wii. I can go to the menu and use the shop or the internet browser just fine. But when I try to go online with Brawl it won't let me. I have had it online before but today it just stopped and gave me this code. I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find a solution. Does anyone know what to do?

Matsuyama

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm getting the same. It's kind of gay how it tells you 20100 which on Nintendo.com tells you it's your fault. Here I am thinking something's wrong with my router.

-Ran

Smash Master
Mhm. It came at an annoying time for me as well. I had just unhooked my old router to install my new one. I wasted thirty minutes or so troubleshooting a problem that wasn't my fault. -.-;

iros

Smash Rookie
Same problem here...I got the 20100 error at noon, now it's night and Im still getting the error, I did some research and found that could be the nintendo servers full of players...but *sigh...if any of you connect well...post it out here..., oh and by the way if you people are getting the error over and over...try connecting late at night or something like that...I would try that to see what happends....:)

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Iv'e actually just solved this very problem. Im not sure if it will work for you though. Its been happening to me for the past week. So I changed my routers wireless channel from 11 to 1. Im guessing my wii had problems connecting through channel 1. Works fine now.

Zenonfury

Smash Cadet
Eww..wireless get a LAN adapter haha nothing you can do for nintendo's problems but uh as long as you set your router to what it is supposed to be..you know your fine

iros

Smash Rookie
Iv'e actually just solved this very problem. Im not sure if it will work for you though. Its been happening to me for the past week. So I changed my routers wireless channel from 11 to 1. Im guessing my wii had problems connecting through channel 1. Works fine now.
Im not using a Router...Im using the Nintendo Wifi USB Connector...so...I dont have to worry bout channels and all that...oohh well...*sigh :(

Looper

Smash Journeyman
been getting this error all day today, and apparently everyone else is as well, so this problem is obviously on nintendo's end. if you look up the error code 20100, it's going to tell you it's your fault, not nintendo's, so sit tight.

if you DO connect, and your spectator and options menu are absent (which usually happens in this kind of predicament), take a peek at this sticky

Player-1

Smash Legend
20100 is a temporarily error according to nintendo support. I'm guessinig it had to with the Mario Kart Wii coming out and they probably had to make room for it or something of the sort and messed with brawl or something. I also got 31010 ocasionally which is basically the same thing. Don't worry though

highfive

Smash Lord
I've heard rumors Nintendo is updating/revamping their servers for brawl. Just rumors though. If it is true than expect this to continue for a while.

-High Ocean Republic.

jkjway

Smash Rookie
Even though I doubt that they are, I still hope that the rumors are true. I hate getting booted every 2 minutes, trying to find a game.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I've heard rumors Nintendo is updating/revamping their servers for brawl. Just rumors though. If it is true than expect this to continue for a while.

-High Ocean Republic.
This happens every few months. Nintendo never really does anything to make their servers better. Just simply fixing them. So I wouldn't get my hopes up. :(

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
This happens every few months. Nintendo never really does anything to make their servers better. Just simply fixing them. So I wouldn't get my hopes up. :(
Yeah, server maintenance usually requires pulling the whole or at least a lot of the units offline. What's lame is brawl will never benefit from any server upgrades they install because the brawl NWC build uses them just for match ups and has no control over lag (unless its also laggy then it'll take that much longer to match ppl up). If only there was some way to re-releasing brawl with a new NWC build that incorporates dedicated servers, either via a new game pak or a channel or something.

Top Bottom