• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena - 7 and 8 april - biggest french tourney ever

Faab

Smash Ace
**** just 15 days till i arrive in France. Someone better guide us trough some cool places in France. Us = me and Ryuker btw. Maybe some other people come on the same date aswell but we'll see. Cya all there ^_^

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Ok... some other random informations :
If you did not pay before April 7th, you've got to be at the venue at 9am to pay. But I don't think it will matter a lot since most of you will sleep at the venue from FridayAprl 6th (Friday) to April 7th (Saturday).

Concerning food, if you validated your participation, you'll have 4 meals (1 big sandwich, 1 apple, and 1 bottle of water). You'll also have the possiblity to buy cans, sweets and some stuff like that.
If you do not validate, you'll have to pay 30€ to enter the tournament, and you won't have food nor you'll sleep at the venue. The access to the food will be controlled with a ticket system, and so will be the access to the sleeping room (where there won't be any TV and you'll be in the dark, so that you'll really have the possibility to sleep if you want to).

And just to remember : to validate your participation, check your emails you should have received one from the organizers with with links saying wether you'll come or not. If you don't received this mail, send me a PM (but please, check also the spam folder before asking me =p)

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
You love be teaming with Ganondorf Doraki ;)

I hope I'll play some Ganondorf ditto with you Faab ! ^^

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
hey faab heeft honger, when are you and rukker araving in france? we, as in me, Adam, Coen, Savior and Zgetto, will be there friday morning (i think)
we leave thursday evening. we'll drive allnight and arive the morning after.

hosts!! can we go the the venue friday morning to drop off our stuff and take a rest? (because no-one else got a drivinglicence and I have to stay awake all night T_T )

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, so I (and everybody else probably) recieved a mail in French about Paypal or something?

Does this mean we HAVE to pay in advance? And even worse, by using Paypal? That would screw over so many people including me....

Zgetto

Smash Ace
Ok, so I (and everybody else probably) recieved a mail in French about Paypal or something?

Does this mean we HAVE to pay in advance? And even worse, by using Paypal? That would screw over so many people including me....

i dont believe its neccesary to pay with paypall because i think we have to pay before 9am saturday(we arrive on friday so we can pay then)
but if we have to pay with paypall then yes it would been ****ed =(

Slhoka

Smash Lord

No, it's a mistake. The email was only for french people. Don't worry, you'll pay on friday or saturday morning if you want to.
But if you want to sleep at the venue and have meals, do not forget to validate (with the mail you should have received, IF YOU HAVEN'T, SEND ME A PM !).
However, if some of you prefer paying by paypal, there's no problem, you can.

*random information*
There will be at least 35 tvs.
*random information*

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nice ^_~ Props to you.

I'm so looking forward to this, can't get it out of my mind. 35 TVs is a LOT O_o

A-D

Smash Journeyman
OMG 35 TV's.. ****..soo Thats like....hmm let me think...70 people playing :O (if there will be 35 cubes too that is^^) Yea Yea...I'm good in Maths, Doraki I challenge you :D

Doraki

Smash Lord
I can house 4 people from sunday to tuesday.
the first 4 to send me a pm get housing.

If my parents decide to leave on sunday evening, I will be able to get like 10 more, but they're still not sure.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, major dilemma! A few pages ago, I said BF couldn't come due to money shortage etc. so Zgetto could take his place. I went to play smash at BF's yesterday and he said to me he assumed he still got his place in the car. O_o

So it's either BF or Zgetto who's getting to travel with us. Bf was first of the two, but I guess I misunderstood something he said about money issues and not being able to go to France anymore, and so I cancelled his place in the car. After that, zgetto was the first to show up and preserve a place in the car. Then it turned out BF supposedly never directly said to me he wasn't able to come anymore and assumed his place in the car was still his.

PRINCE SHADOW, HELP !

EDIT: oh god this post is really f'd up :p

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Ok, major dilemma! A few pages ago, I said BF couldn't come due to money shortage etc. so Zgetto could take his place. I went to play smash at BF's yesterday and he said to me he assumed he still got his place in the car. O_o

So it's either BF or Zgetto who's getting to travel with us. Bf was first of the two, but I guess I misunderstood something he said about money issues and not being able to go to France anymore, and so I cancelled his place in the car. After that, zgetto was the first to show up and preserve a place in the car. Then it turned out BF supposedly never directly said to me he wasn't able to come anymore and assumed his place in the car was still his.

PRINCE SHADOW, HELP !

loooolllzz

remember the time i said, if i get this job i cant come? well i didnt get the job :p
smash O_O

...and to host-guy, i didnt get one of those confirmation-mails or anything. how should i validate my participation as you so nicely put? ^^

Slhoka

Smash Lord
loooolllzz

remember the time i said, if i get this job i cant come? well i didnt get the job :p
smash O_O

...and to host-guy, i didnt get one of those confirmation-mails or anything. how should i validate my participation as you so nicely put? ^^
Slhoka said:
(with the mail you should have received, IF YOU HAVEN'T, SEND ME A PM !).
You did not received it because you just registered.
But, don't worry, I'll tell the one in charge of the list to validate for you ^^

Zgetto

Smash Ace

PRINCE SHADOW, HELP !

0_o
this is messed up O_O
i already put the money aside etc.(i had to sell many games to get enough money o_0)
i really counted on going.(i have to go lol)

btw this is really weird: havent you spoken to him on msn about this before?
i think he should have known i took his place.
anyway we really need to figure this out.

edit: i know he was before me in the car but it doesnt really seem he counted on going
he didnt registrate untill today :/

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
0_o
this is messed up O_O
i already put the money aside etc.(i had to sell many games to get enough money o_0)
i really counted on going.(i have to go lol)

btw this is really weird: havent you spoken to him on msn about this before?
i think he should have known i took his place.
anyway we really need to figure this out.

edit: i know he was before me in the car but it doesnt really seem he counted on going
he didnt registrate untill today :/
well first of all i did sign up just when the thread was started but apparently that wasn't sufficient, i found out when i checked the topic to see what was going on because of what coen said, and then got signed up after all

and well im kindof told about what troubles you went through to get money etc so it would be an arseman's job to say 'fook u i was first im going'. and im not really an arseman =P. i do reaaaally want to aswell though, so, erm, lets hope Gerben cancels so we can both go ^^

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
BF: I'm the one who signed you up for the tourney this morning. You just need to confirm :p

And about Gerb, he still owes you a lot of money BF, so blackmail him all you want ^^

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
ok some little information for everyone :

you can come to the venue on friday from 8pm, not before !
there is gonna be someone waiting for smashers at the metro station Villejuif Paul Vaillant Couturier at 8.30pm on friday, I suggest a maximum of you guys come there on time, it's pretty handy ;)
for those who might arrive later, tell it here and we'll arrange something.
just in case, this is poilon's number : 0033675594890 (0033 is the international code for France).

for those woiuld come by car, the adresse is
66 rue Guy Mocquet, 94800 VILLEJUIF.

I'd like to know who's arriving before friday and who is leaving after sunday ! people that arrive on friday and leave on sunday will be housed at the venue .

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
hehe, just beat eachother up and the last people standing will have a seat. please don't bleed in my car. :p

but anyway, Savior can come since he got a seat before coen did (i think).
Adam for sure. well, me the driver.
2 seats left.
Coen and ....... I don't know XD
if you both don't go, UchihaJP wants the seat, so hurry :p

yeah i'm a real help sometimes....

Savior

Smash Journeyman
I reserved my place before Gerb did ;p
*Is the Gerb he talks about* No, i actually was first from all exept adam sindce he like, knows princeS etc.

People for car:
Shadow
Adam
Saviorl0l

The rest, two seets, and cause of the recent dillema it is:
-NGCXX
-Zgetto
-BF.com

Sindce there are 2 seets, this is indeed, a dillema

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
no it's not. I said it on msn and if you read the posts from a while ago:

Shadow: Peeps in the car:
me
cypher
adam
savior
coen

Coen: BF won't go

zgetto: I'll take BF's place

random noob (thinks it's joey): hahaha you noob, BF doesn't go anyway

Shadow: ok cypher drops out

BF: ...... (no post)
zgetto: ME!! ME!! I wanna go!!!

Shadow: peeps in the car:
me
adam
savior
coen
zgetto
---------------------------

now coen say's bf didn't know **** and he said he expected a place in the car. he couldn't go anyway because the car was full.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I might still go to this, depending on how I do at SR2 this weekend. I hope it's allright if I confirm after that.

Oh and Doraki, I wantz teh housing =D

mr_joey132

Smash Ace
ok, car full. Me, Adam, Cypher, Coen and Savior.
sorry BF, these guys were faster. savior firts of all and coen asked me on msn with puppydog eyes.

yeay we got smash in the car :p
BF got own3d :p
Not really. seeing as he wouldn't come anyway
are you sure he isnt coming?
if thats true i like to take his place in the car (if thats ok with p_s ofcourse:p )
this tourney seems very good and like to come, so put my on the list please JD. (if there is one)
you're gonna take BF's place in the car? good luck.
Prince S: ok, car full. Me, Adam, Cypher, Coen and Savior.
sorry BF, these guys were faster. savior firts of all and coen asked me on msn with puppydog eyes.
listen you **** face
adam told me today that cypher wasnt going and bf took his place.
so dont be a smartass.
you really starting too annoy me so dont respond too any of my post from now on
P_S, weren't you talking about a little place in the back of your car? :p

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Alright, there aren't many US tournaments going on at the moment that have a huge appeal, so might as well show a little more Euro love and sticky this.

Try and use Tio if you guys canzzz.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll forward the program to JD somehow if I can, Alpha. Just gotta download the lastest version again.

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
you mean under the dashboard? sure, I'll tuck away some wires.

Edit:
so ehm... when we own all french fox and falco's (cause that's frenchies only play :p)
we will be tired on sunday. and i'm not driving back home for 5 hours when i'm tired. it's simply dangerous.

so... who can house 5 guy's from the netherlands from sunday to monday? ^_^

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I wish I could visit Euro. Hopefully smash is still around when I'll be able to find the time/expenses to do it (think two summers from now).

Its just unrealistic with school right now.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Less than one week before the tournament ! :D

Since we're organizing housing, I made a list of the foreigners coming to this tourney (it seems there's some problems with the reservation page, some people validating while not coming, and the contrary).
We'll provide housing and food only for those saying they'll come, so check if
1) you weren't forgotten
2) you're in the good list (= the first =p)
If there's a problem, just post it :p

So, here are the smashers who're sure to attend this touney :

UK :
Martiny2m

The Netherlands :
Nnja
Ryuker
Faab
Savior
Shadow
Para
NGCXX
Zgetto
BF.com

==> 10

Smashers who might appear but did not confirm

UK :
Kman
0verdose
The Doug (Isn't he supposed to be in the US ? ô_o)
Ouch
Fuzzyness
Cpt. Zeppo
Mr.P

Japan :
CJ
Hiko
Masashi

==> According to JD, these three are sure to come, but haven't validated yet since they're waiting the last moment to have cheaper flights.

The Netherlands :
Amsah
Urizen
Zeta
Crazzymonky
MeLadyBlossem

Sweden :
Helios
Yuna

Canada (O_o) :
Gagnon

==> 18

And also, about 106 smashers from France, Switzerland and Belgium already said they'll come for sure, at least at Saturday.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can remove BF.com from the list. He's not coming due to money problems, this time for real :p

And you too good at English for being a French guy ^^

Slhoka

Smash Lord
You can remove BF.com from the list. He's not coming due to money problems, this time for real :p
Really ? Isn't it a huge plot to take his seat in Shadow's car ? :grin:
And you too good at English for being a French guy ^^
Hey ! Do not consider Makenshi as the reference for the average english-speaking french guy !

(Sorry Makenshi, I had to, I couldn't resist ^^')

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha Makenshi's a disaster :p no offence.

And no need to take his seat in shadow's car ^^ He never had one in the first place

Top Bottom