• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 2 - Paris - 23 & 24 February 2008 - Up to 256 Players !

Exalador

Smash Lord
we'll make it a pack :p pack of marlboro+an energydrink for the winner ^^ but didnt they say there were hardly any energydrinks in france? because of the taurine ingredient or something? if so: just a pack of marlboro ^^

best of 5?

Vegard

Smash Lord
Registered by now =) Like 270 people have registered, and only 200 can enter? What are you going to do about it?

And lol, seems to be a bit messy in France now. :p

Exalador

Smash Lord
yeah, will people let you know if they arent coming JD? because you cant unregister manually on the registration site right? (and even if you could i dont think a lot of people would even bother to do so >_>)

oh, and is 200 the definite maximum? or might this number increase? :) because im like 255 on the list ... 55th in reserve :p how big are my chances? ^^

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
first off, I think this number could change, because it will happen in a school, meaning there's way more space than needed in any case... BUT, poilon's school wants to set limits (which is understandable), so the limit might stay 200. And yes, I can erase people manually on this list ^^.
anyway, there won't be a reserve list or w/e, you will just have to confirm as soon as possible. People that are booked and people that have paid the tournament in advance will get priority.
for the payment, we will inform everyone when it starts and how to do it, so don't worry about getting your place. If you're already booked, there's NO WAY you can't enter, am I clear ? :)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
C will soon order tickets (after playing some game), so I will come and go the same times as Aniolas and Armada^^

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
C have now ordered tickets for a few people from Sweden (8 or more?), I'm coming.

You seem to have missed my question: what do I get for bringing a computer to record with (if I have room for it in my hand baggage)?
Videos will be (very) high quality and encoded in a day or two after I get home.

Samochan

Smash Master
Videos featuring me, amsah, pc and cort? Sure thing, I'll make sure I'll come. :p AJP's encodes are too hot to pass by.

Well... I'll try to do my everyting so I can get there. :/ I've even pre-registered for good luck charm, zomg. :o

nofx4president

Smash Journeyman
I will think about this...
YAY! you should come ^^

you're still my favorite european marth player, im not counting amsah because he's amsah :p

I'd like to play EK more than PC chris

*runs*

and this thing is gonna be on my 21th birthday, so to celebrate, I'll bring lots of dutch weed to play for with JD [:

helios: trance sucks even more than gangsta rap

*runs faster*

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i already wrote JD a PM ^^
but i forgot to add we speak german too xD(and bogs said he might be able to house us,i dunno whats up with that)

YES; THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Hey Im trying to make a documentary about this tournament.. Any ideas?.. i mean in a new way to show the smash community

Here are the videos of the Master of Smash Montages.
Nealdt's Combo Montage is also awesome.

Since we had absolutely no footage of ESA1 (about 30 seconds of a crappy vidéo, and 5 pics), we wanted to do a montage this time. So, make as many vidéos as possible ;)

We'll also probably use a laptop with a webcam that people can use whenever they want to say something about the tourney, with the aim of making a video guestbook ^^

Slhoka

Smash Lord
A preview of what AJP can do: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=128220

SS2 videos, featuring Armada, Aniolas, Smash Alex, C, etc =)
Also, please download the commentary match made by me and Dual :p Although it's in Swedish, I'm sure you can enjoy it somewhat =)
Well, it confirms what I thought about what I tought about AJP's video quality after seeing RoS4 ones : perfect ^^
Do not hesitate AJP, bring your recording stuff :D

And nice commentary Helios, even though I only recognize the English words and the ones pronounced like in German. We wanted to do this at ESA2 and the project was a bit forgotten, but this video brings it back on the top of my project list :p

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's good to hear, Slhoka!
Remember, though, that these videos are NOT top notch compared to what AJP really can do! :D
Keep an eye out for the coming XsMASh videos, and you'll see what I mean :)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Helios:
Don't embarrass me. There was something wrong with C's computer so those videos look like crap. =)

My best quality videos are RoX4 and SmaiL (also on my server). RoX4 have higher bitrate than SmaiL, but they are more like different "style" than different quality because I was testing differen filters.

I'm going to upgrade my server with a few TB-drives soon. Maybe I can borrow one of those (and hope the Raid5 doesn't crash)...

edit: The computer is half my parents' and it's supposed to be a HTPC in our living room when we get a "real" TV. Until that happens I'm using it as extra encoding power and they probably won't notice if it's gone for a few days. But I can't promise anything. Swedish tournaments have been OK, but I know it's a big "no" for Paris.

Top Bottom