• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic Wolf Pro match!

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Awsome vid man =). No offence but everyone i've seen playing brawl just seems crap. They're all so used to wave-dashing, L-cancelling and using other advanced techniques, they just can't regain the speed and momentum needed to play brawl well. I've been practicing NOT using any of these ATs on melee and I can beat a lot of my friends that still do use them. Be prepared to brawl when the UK gets involved ;P. Psy.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Awsome vid man =). No offence but everyone i've seen playing brawl just seems crap. They're all so used to wave-dashing, L-cancelling and using other advanced techniques, they just can't regain the speed and momentum needed to play brawl well. I've been practicing NOT using any of these ATs on melee and I can beat a lot of my friends that still do use them. Be prepared to brawl when the UK gets involved ;P. Psy.
i am one of thoese peole who nows em but doen't use them, the only one i did use was L cancle, wich i am ok without, so the transion will be less drastic than others.

Pure win man, i like falcos new reflecter too.

Relhots

Smash Lord
didn't someone else already post this video??? i cant really remember where.

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
This video makes me want Brawl so bad. Wolf is going to be my main, for sure. The music for this level was incredable. It makes me want a Star Fox Brawl :O

12 landmasters!

This video also shows me how different Wolf is to the other two. Final Smashes? So what!!!

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Whoops... someone else did post this vid... Well this topic really is to discuss this vid and how cool wolf and falco were anyways.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
The player still seems to be spamming smash attacks a lot, although this is a lot better than the C Falcon and Marth match.

insertwittytitlehere

Smash Rookie
Excellent video!

Looks like anyone without powerful upwards hits is going to have a fun time breaking down the walls.

Plus, Wolf's howl-taunt is badass.

I'm using it every day of my life.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
A couple things:
1. There is wall techs and ground techs. Wolf does one or two wall techs in the match, but he and Falco do spend the majority of the time bouncing off of the walls.

2. I noticed it in this match as well as in another match on Battlefield, but it seems to me, while a seemingly incredible Smash move overall, Wolf's forward smash, surprisingly, lacks KO power. It wasn't kill Marth (different match) at around 150% on Battlefield, so it looks like Forward Smash is good for everything but killing.

3. I need a little help on this... I'm not sure if it is Wolf's forward tilt or forward Smash, but I noticed when the enemy is closer to Wolf, and he does one of those two (not sure which), it seems to hit twice. I'm thinking his forward Smash has to hits, the ending one (a weak knockback, damaging thrust), and then the beginning of the smash (a strong smack to the head). Kind of like a Link's Smash thing, just slightly different. That, or it is just his ftilt... I have no idea.

PS. I get Brawl in 1-2 days B)

Maph

Smash Cadet
I wish I could tell, but I'm really bad at picking these things out in videos.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
A couple things:
1. There is wall techs and ground techs. Wolf does one or two wall techs in the match, but he and Falco do spend the majority of the time bouncing off of the walls.

2. I noticed it in this match as well as in another match on Battlefield, but it seems to me, while a seemingly incredible Smash move overall, Wolf's forward smash, surprisingly, lacks KO power. It wasn't kill Marth (different match) at around 150% on Battlefield, so it looks like Forward Smash is good for everything but killing.

3. I need a little help on this... I'm not sure if it is Wolf's forward tilt or forward Smash, but I noticed when the enemy is closer to Wolf, and he does one of those two (not sure which), it seems to hit twice. I'm thinking his forward Smash has to hits, the ending one (a weak knockback, damaging thrust), and then the beginning of the smash (a strong smack to the head). Kind of like a Link's Smash thing, just slightly different. That, or it is just his ftilt... I have no idea.

PS. I get Brawl in 1-2 days B)
The double strike is his forward tilt. And you're right: The Fsmash does lack KO power suprisingly, although it's still a great move for poking and punishing. His best KO moves are his Bair and Dsmash.

Hedo

Smash Rookie
i agree. i will finally be on par with the guys who rank top at like every high tourny. lol no wavedash

insertwittytitlehere

Smash Rookie
My and my friends got pretty fast with reacting in Melee without using ATs; we just didn't have the time or skill to practice them, but in our spare time we got wicked fast without them. I really hope that what I learned in Melee can apply to Wolf, because I was never interested in Fox or Falco, but Wolf seems pretty ba.

Mama

Smash Ace
Just to respond to this fool (wherever he may be) pros are pros because they adapt. If you think they look like crap wait until you actually play the game lol. Everyone is starting from scratch yes but the pros are the players who actually wanted to get better at Melee mean while people at you claim to be good just because you can pull a few things off but its not the techniques that make them good its the fact that they play to win and do what it takes.

But since we're all tired of that old debate, it was a good vid. Nice match.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Just to respond to this fool (wherever he may be) pros are pros because they adapt. If you think they look like crap wait until you actually play the game lol. Everyone is starting from scratch yes but the pros are the players who actually wanted to get better at Melee mean while people at you claim to be good just because you can pull a few things off but its not the techniques that make them good its the fact that they play to win and do what it takes.

But since we're all tired of that old debate, it was a good vid. Nice match.
Thanks, but big talk for someone called Mama.

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
Epic is a great adjective to describe that match! Just shows how much potential Wolf has. Seriously, this was posted a few days after Brawl's release. Wolf is definitely going to be a favorite character of mine. He's my favorite Starfox characters, and now he's one of my favorite Brawl characters. Can't wait.

Top Bottom