• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic Bairs?

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
I put lucas's bair in because it's really good for ledge guarding. Even if you don't land the spike, it knocks them up and over, which I have found is great to follow up with your mid air jump to a dair. Landing the spike is sweet, but it's also a great move to follow up on if you don't sweet spot it.

-TroLL-

Smash Rookie
Needs more discussion about Pit, Lucario, ZSS, DK, Wolf and Luigi's bair if you ask me...
referring to each character's bair:

Pit - not sure, sorry
Lucario - a bit laggy i think, but powerful when it does land
ZSS - probably one of her best kill moves
DK - really good spacing tool with good knockback when it first comes out
Wolf - strong and pretty quick, good for SH'ing
Luigi - most of his aerials have good combo-ability so it's no surprise this one is the same way

Barge

All I want is a custom title
referring to each character's bair:

Pit - not sure, sorry
Lucario - a bit laggy i think, but powerful when it does land
ZSS - probably one of her best kill moves
DK - really good spacing tool with good knockback when it first comes out
Wolf - strong and pretty quick, good for SH'ing
Luigi - most of his aerials have good combo-ability so it's no surprise this one is the same way
Pits is powerful and has decent KB
Lucarios is average compared to all of his other aerials
It is ZSS' 2nd best kill move, 1st is plasma whip and 3rd is down b,
Dk's is godleh
One of wolfs best moves
luigis has combo potent

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's because bairs are probably the most hidden move a character can do. Noobs would expect it to be the same as fair or something, so sakurai made this "hidden" move one of the characters best.

Well that's a theory anyway. It's just a coincedence really.
<.< not as hidden as the Btilt

Aguably Zelda's best killing move=Bair.

and yeah, Bairs are pretty good in this game, agreed.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Best bair is Jiggs because she hacked the game to make herself the best and strongest with aerials.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Ugh. Lucas' b-air is horrid. It doesn't act like any other b-air, and it's a tad bit difficult to land, especially if you're attempting to spike your opponent. No doubt, it looks cool when it happens, but yeah.
Wouldn't not acting like any other bair be a good thing? The stranger your moves are, the harder it is to defend against them. I'll grant the sweetspot is hard to land, but the knockback for the non-spike is just right for a second try with a double jump.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yes most Back Airs are good.

For me Snakes Bair is good also. You can WoP oppenents with bad recoveries :laugh:

Falcos is good too. Especially Short Hop + Back Air + Fast Fall ^^

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Yes most Back Airs are good.

For me Snakes Bair is good also. You can WoP oppenents with bad recoveries :laugh:

Falcos is good too. Especially Short Hop + Back Air + Fast Fall ^^
Every single one of Snakes moves can KO easily before %170.. (maybe I'm exaggerating)... so I really don't know if you can count him in.

Falco's is good. I use it as a killing move many times.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong, Toon Link, Kirby, Metaknight (what do you expect), D3, Ivysaur, Charizard, Ike, and G&W have pretty good Bairs.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Maybe it's because bairs are probably the most hidden move a character can do. Noobs would expect it to be the same as fair or something, so sakurai made this "hidden" move one of the characters best.

Well that's a theory anyway. It's just a coincedence really.

noobs pay attention:

bair and fair are 2 different attacks!!

OMFGWTFHAXORZ!!

they probably figured that people wouldn't figure out how to abuse them

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
Okay, this is completely off-topic, but BlackHeretic, that is seriously the best Signature I have ever seen. Holy crap. I couldn't stop laughing for two minutes.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I cant believe you forgot luigi lol.

I think its because you have to have ur back facing them or something why they are so leet.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Okay, this is completely off-topic, but BlackHeretic, that is seriously the best Signature I have ever seen. Holy crap. I couldn't stop laughing for two minutes.
Lol, that wasn't his signature. Just a random picture he decided to post.

Sooo... back airs. Pikachu's bair is crap. I wish Pikachu still had his bair from SSB64. If he did, he'd be about top of the high tier.

G&W has the most useful bair, imo. Anyone disagree?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Lol, that wasn't his signature. Just a random picture he decided to post.

Sooo... back airs. Pikachu's bair is crap. I wish Pikachu still had his bair from SSB64. If he did, he'd be about top of the high tier.

G&W has the most useful bair, imo. Anyone disagree?
I believe Lord Yawgmoth was talking about the quote in my sig and not the cute bears (bairs?)

And thanks Lord Yawgmoth XD

Also, Pika64's bair was too beastly

And I agree, the turtle's whole "Number of hits you can shield plus 1" thing is pretty **** beastly

Top Bottom