• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ENTER THE HARDBODY

how swagged up is this game right now?

• swag a thousand trillion!!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • swag on a zillion!!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • incalculable amounts of swag

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • enter the hardbody more like enter the swag

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SWAG OUT!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • wow! strapped with the swag!

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Ok. Remember that you were inactive, and the only reason you were voting Bardull, was not because you suspected him, but because he had 2 votes and deadline was nearing (out of the 4 that had 2 votes). Saying 'what's next?' isn't very convincing when you are voting someone because it's 'near deadline', and seems like a good place to fake contribution. Saying "X is scum upon Y's flip" is easy to do, and in the case I just mentioned, I feel that is what you are doing. Faking contribution.
Ran. Unless you think that what I said is inherently not a good point, this is just you reading your gut scumread into my post.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Kary.

Nabe claim : Good / Bad / Sexy ?

Could Bardull + PJB be a thing ? Would the be gutsy enough as scum to duo push back Kata ?

Your both british, you can read Kata's mind ? Y/N ?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Opportunistic vote by PJB feels opportunistic.

Not sure if my current nul scum on him is clouding my vision or if the vote was that bad.

PJB: You waited this long why ?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Soup, i take it to mean you believe Nabe's claim.

Why ?

Not saying I necessarily don't believe it; But you can understand with circumstances being what they are why I'd be hesitant to hug Nabe and make it all better.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
bundles of what you'd call contraband. not something i'm interested in.

Death Bear I should point out it isn't idle question time. Please stop posting just whatever comes to mind.

that was some ninja, anyways.

Still want to hear from Rockin, though.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Claiming hider like this with an impending wagon on him is either asking to be counter-claimed or it's completely genuine. His play makes much more sense in hindsight too with this claim.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
do killers think like you or I?

I'm not interested in discussing Nabe as an option to lynch toDay. It's an open setup, and there's several slots worth voting. I'm sure if there are any shenanigans we can sort them out tomorrow.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Opportunistic vote by PJB feels opportunistic.

Not sure if my current nul scum on him is clouding my vision or if the vote was that bad.

PJB: You waited this long why ?
cuz it's obvious nobody is going for Kat today, and even I'm beginning to question whether or not he's a good lynch. My lynchpicks for today were kat, j and nabe. J was only a pick because he was being completely and utterly useless and impossible to read, but he's gone now. So that leaves Nabe. It's not opportunistic at all, it's becoming obvious that the day is going to either a circus lynch or a nabe lynch, and i don't like the circus lynch idea at all, so naturally it's Nabe. I waited, because he was actually posting, so I wanted to see what he posted before I threw my vote in.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Not completely caught up, but I'm still reading.

Rockin is never scum. I know it's tempting to think otherwise, but it's one of the central tenets of mafia.
Rockin was scum in phoenix wright mafia... could you please elaborate on what makes Rockin town?
To be fair, Nabe has never saw me as a scum player (and in many games I've been in as town, I did things that looked scummy to most and I would be lynched). In fact, I havn't been scum for quite some time. Nowdays, it's pretty rare I'm scum (and right now, I'm certainly not scum).

Other players I wanted to address were PJB and Rockin. I feel both are in the same boat as far as activity and commitment, but they are different players with different mindsets. The feeling I get from PJB when he's pushing me is that he's being assertive about it. Instead of backing down with being questioned, he's stuck with his vote on me. I actually like this kind of behavior from him because it tells me that he's more interested in pursuing his scum-reads instead of just trying to 'find the right play.' Content aside from there might be sparse, but I also know he's not the most active. Rockin, however, feels completely different and I don't get that feeling. Just because something is an 'easy push' doesn't mean that it isn't worth pushing. I haven't cared for Rockin this whole game and I certainly don't care for him now.

Recall his #202.

I don't understand the need to vote Kary here and even Kuz happens to agree with it. The need for pressure here just for one question, and not even exactly answering it in the first place comes off like a knee-jerk reaction.

Kuz actually picks up on this too.

Pot calling the kettle black? I really haven't seen something so cut and dry in a long time. I haven't specifically looked at the rest he's done.
I addressed this recently, but I thought quote this so as to repeat myself: the beef I had with Kary is no longer revelant due to me mistaking his concern of a post. I thought he was talking about my RVS vote (cause Ran focused on that first, thus made me assume). He was actually talking about my first catch up post, therefore it looked like the 'pot calling the keattle black.' It was my mistake and have let go of it ever since (I just forgot to unvote cause my focus soon shifted into the Earthbound game that was on D3 and I had to do a massive catch up to it.

As a person who mods that game, you should've been at least a bit more considerate to my pace. >:C

Not too fond of Rockin. Says in his 299 that he has (at least) two players that he would want gone toDay, but doesn't list them. And still hasn't, as far as I can see. Says that they're those that aren't being helpful and that he's going to do another look over for the players. Doesn't get back to us about this look over and doesn't mention the two+ players that he "wanted gone".

When he does come back, he criticizes the concept of lynching an inactive, but gives in and decides that we may not have a much better choice this D1. Going back to his original criticism, he states that it'd be better if we would lynch someone found scummy, yet hardly offers any insight into his scumpicks. He attacked Kary originally, so I guess that's something. Didn't mention any preferences for lynch when giving his opinion against going for an inactive, but says he's going to do a reread. Really feels like he's speaking as a third party, if that makes any sense. It probably doesn't. I hope it does.

Two of the people I wanted gone are you and Kary. The idea of wanting Kary gone was soon dispersed as soon as Kary clarified what he wanted from Circus, so I let that go (I just forgot to unvote).

You was the 2nd person I wanted gone due to constant fence sitting. At the time though, it was still early in the game and I waited patiently to see if you would take some sort of inititive, but as of late, you haven't. Every other person I wanted gone were the inactive (Nabe, Circus, were two that came across as inactive). I wanted to use that as a last resort, as I really rather lynch scummy people then an inactive.

Rockin, in your mind, what are the main differences in an inactive player and an unhelpful player? Would they be more like Squares vs Rectangles or 360 vs PS3?
Inactives are people that hurts discussion. Unhelpful people do not hurt discussion (but may accidently misguide townies in terms of a bigger target to focus on). Unhelpful people, within time, can show what alignment they represent (town or scum). Inactives are null, and therefore give nothing of benefit/knowledge of who they represent.

I'd ask for your reads, but you've already said you hoped to have them ready by yesterday. Late fees aren't so bad.

I'd be fine with a Rockin lynch, especially with the time we have remaining.
Yes, because hiding behind an inactive lynch is so beneficial as you wouldn't really have a stance on NOTHING.

This is exactly why I hate inactive lynches. Scum can hide behind it and not be blamed for it. >:C

*resumes re-reading from page 13*

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
True Nabe, it probably feels like I'm being opportunistic towards you.

In situations like this I wish i was scum (It's never the games i want to be scum in that I get it lol).

I'd still appreciate you answering my question about your wagon, but I could live with it coming later.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
^ This is a really good spurt of contribution yourself, cheers on that. I find it especially helpful when I claim and you clear out of the thread without posting, only to sit on the main page of Decisive Games and do who-knows-what in other tabs...

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
your claim is fine unvote

excuse the hell outta me for not being in a gigantic rush to remove my vote. I'm contemplating what has to happen now, because I'm not in favor of rockin or circus lynches, which is where the rest of town seems to want to go. It's not like you were in danger of getting hammered.

#HBC | ѕoup

I addressed this recently, but I thought quote this so as to repeat myself: the beef I had with Kary is no longer revelant due to me mistaking his concern of a post. I thought he was talking about my RVS vote (cause Ran focused on that first, thus made me assume). He was actually talking about my first catch up post, therefore it looked like the 'pot calling the keattle black.' It was my mistake and have let go of it ever since (I just forgot to unvote cause my focus soon shifted into the Earthbound game that was on D3 and I had to do a massive catch up to it.

As a person who mods that game, you should've been at least a bit more considerate to my pace. >:C
I can sympathize with something like this. I'll take your word about Earthbound too, only with a grain of salt. Your vote on Hilt is pretty alarming.

Two of the people I wanted gone are you and Kary. The idea of wanting Kary gone was soon dispersed as soon as Kary clarified what he wanted from Circus, so I let that go (I just forgot to unvote).

You was the 2nd person I wanted gone due to constant fence sitting. At the time though, it was still early in the game and I waited patiently to see if you would take some sort of inititive, but as of late, you haven't. Every other person I wanted gone were the inactive (Nabe, Circus, were two that came across as inactive). I wanted to use that as a last resort, as I really rather lynch scummy people then an inactive.
Sounds like you had your mind still back in RVS. How far behind were you? Are you caught up?

..Um, is there a specific reason for your Hlit vote, Rockin?

#HBC | ѕoup

I'll wait to pass further judgment until you're done. I see you're still viewing the thread so hopefully you don't dissapoint me unlike *cough* some other people. *cough*

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
it just sounds like rake overusing meta from whatever game is most recent in his mind. It's not scummy, it's just shallow reading, which is something that's easy to do when you're

a. catching up
b. rake

Like, people keep expecting me to perform well as a townie because my last, like 2 town games have been pretty good. Nevermind the fact that all my games prior to that were less than stellar town performances, despite me, in fact, being town in all but one of them.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
give chase, and chance it might turn out for the better

it turns out, despite the ups and downs, i'm completely fine with where my vote is.

I put it to you that we lynch Circus. I think this is the best lynch for the Day.

I can't be sure it will turn out for the best, but i'm willing to push it, see it through. I'd prefer not to get distracted by us disagreeing.

and with that I'm going to leave you, because sleep.

some responses I was sitting on:

Your Kat points I can get behind, but I'm not fully understanding your last paragraph on him. Mind clarifying? Your opening sentence of the last paragraph of your wall implies that you don't feel Kat (or Rockin?) have a reasonable chance of getting off'd today, correct?
Well I made that post about 5 hours before deadline, shortly before logging out. I didn't think it could happen in that timeframe, then extension happened.

Specifics? IIRC, You heavily dislike Kat.
There are points in his favour. my head says he wouldn't be posting so much, scrapping with so many people if he was scum. Disliking a slot =/= scum; to be honest if he was scum this would be too easy. But I wanted to bring this point up before the sun went down
Circus, are you okay dude? That post really just seemed like a stupor of depression and I'd feel bad even lynching you at this point.
soup, having read this, and looked back to your stance on circus in #566, i've realized that you definitely need to elaborate on that.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
i'll also note that it's something everyone seems to do with me. Like, I've always been a pretty reactive player in all my games, but because I was reactive in persona, that must be my scum meta. Then I was really aggressive when I replaced into ryu's toonami mafia, so that must be my town meta, despite it being an outlier in my game.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Sounds like you had your mind still back in RVS. How far behind were you? Are you caught up?

..Um, is there a specific reason for your Hlit vote, Rockin?
I wasn't really far behind at all. I was just tunneling on the reason for Ran to vote on me and it spread as soon as Kary voted on me. It didn't help that at the time, most of my early posts were at my grandmother's house (due to my internet being off). However, I'm not using my lack of home computer as an excuse cause I've been able to post regulary. I was just personally uncomfortable.

I explained my reason for the Hilt vote. It may change once I'm caught up, but I'm doubtful.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Actually PJB, I'm basing it off all the games in which I've been with you in.

I haven't even read Persona Mafia. All I know about it really is in it you were mafia and lurked / were generally scummy / managed to live a while.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
ALRIGHT, FULLY CAUGHT UP AND READY TO POST SOMETHING FIERCE (with not much time on the clock. sorry again for that :C)

Yeah, my vote is gonna stay on Hilt

All he's been doing is fence sitting. He hasn't really been attacking anyone nor pressuring. Sure, he may have posted his opinions about something, but never follows it up. Of all the players, he hasn't been scum hunting at all.

hilt -> bardull -> kataefi -> ruy

This is Hilt's vote patttern. He has spoke of not liking Kat, but has espressed interest in getting rid of me and J (which I'm going to explain in another paragraph entirely). Never leaving his vote, nor has he really been convincing others to vote for Kat.

Like your Soup's stances on Rockin and Kuz. Kuz is someone I've had problems reading so far this game. He's gotten an amount of vouching and I allowed that to cloud my judgement on him. Planning to run through their posts myself to see if it matches up with the points he made. PJB I'm not a fan of, but pretty much solely for inactivity reasons. Nabe I can't decide one way or another.

Kat I still don't like, but I'm not expecting a lynch on him today by any means. Swords brought a lot of Kat to light for myself, perhaps keeping me from getting carried away. I don't want the points dropped entirely, however. He's still the player I'm suspicious of the most, but we're down to four days for D1 and I don't see his lynch on the menu. I'll most likely switch my vote soon.

Ran and Bardull I don't want killed today. I feel like Bardull will bring more to the table in time and Ran has already begun to do so. The Ran wagon's always felt off to me, even though there are some points I don't like about his character. Bardull isn't the type of inactive I like to see killed off early.
Bold: Well if I was voting for someone and not speak of any reasons why he should be voted, I wouldn't get anywhere either lol
NOTE: Now I'm guilty of being a hypocrit on this with my vote on Kary while wanting Hilt dead, but as I've said, I forgot my vote was on him. My previous posts with Kary show of disinterest in him. (will show it after this)
Then as deadline creeps closer

Anyway, deadline approaches, and then he suddenly votes on me. But it gets worse

Yeah, I'd still much rather take out J or Rockin. Primarily J due to overall uselessness and not giving any sign of changing from such for D2. I'd rather not be stuck with him for another day.

Soup, from what you say about Kary, wouldn't pushing him toward gallows tomorrow be more preferred? Would give us more of a chance to get more out of him throughout the day, instead of not leaving him any time at all.

The Kat votes need to lay off for toDay and put on someone who actually has a chance of reaching majority.

I'd be willing to ride a circus wagon. Nabe I'm not so sure about. If Bard's gonna die, he's gonna die whether I vote him or not. With our activity problem we're having, I'd much rather see the weeds pulled in that area, but I haven't seen as solid of content as I was expecting from him. Liked his stance against PJB and the points he brought out against him. While I do agree with his comments on Kat, he didn't bring anything new to the table, and I'd rather not see Kat killed off toDay. His wall also felt really repetitive in his accusations, but that could have been mostly due to how many times he threw the word "noncommital" around. Still not who I'd like to see killed today by any means, but I can see the reasoning in those against him.

To state it again, J is still my number one choice for toDay's lynch.
The guy is being a huge opitunist. Willing to go for a Circus lynch cause it's the hottest thing right now and he's inactive, so he wouldn't look bad in either case. His voting pattern doesn't show townie intentions. This guy needs to be lynched NOW.

Now I want to express the fact that I do not understand why people are suddenly interested in wanting to lynch J aside from him being inactive. J seemed pretty townie early game if I remember right and people thought the same thing. If people want to lynch J because he's being inactive then 'lol no.' Lynching inactives is fine and all, but if they've proved to be townie D1, then they should at least be given a chance D2 (or at least wait till they're replaced). Nice to see that Red Ryu/Nazi Bear replacing in.

Now about Circus, I'm willing to lynch him due to being inactive, but I rather not go down that path. It's nice to see that Nabe finally post and catch up, though he still has a lot to do if I'm going to see him as town.

Circus - if you feel you can't keep with the game, maybe consider replacing out? I don't expect you to be active every single day, but I'd like for you to be a bit more active then where you're currently are. Tis all I'm saying

Finally, PJB.

TBH I can see why people would find him scum. He has made many post were he talks about a popular topic, but goes wishy-washy on it for awhile. Like after me vs. Soup, he made a super noncommittal post about how it was either TvT or SvT. Later he changed his position to Soup, I believe after Kuzi stated suspicion of Soup? Nothing about that I can defend. It does read grade A opportunistic and fence sitting.

The reasoning I'm town reading him though is because of how responsive he is. People ask him questions, and he comes in and answers. Sound simple, well consider this angle: It shows to me that he already has an opinion in his mind. He's thinking, not just reacting. I'm actually using the same meta that you were using earlier, but just interpreting it differently. In Persona mafia, he choose his words carefully. He thought about how others would perceive him, and I'm just not seeing that here. So in summary, I'm town reading PJB because I think that his input is genuine (don't kill me Kat) and I don't see a concern for self-image here.

If I'm wrong about any of these three though, it's PJB.

Sword. Sword.

That is a terrible reason to clear someone. anyone can be responsive. Anyone can be active. By your logic, everyone should be town (with Hilt being leaning town and the inactives are scum). Townies and scum take their time and post a proper answer. it's the direction they go that can show whether it's townie or scummy intentions.

Willing to lynch: Hilt
Talk to me: Bardull, PJB, Kat, Kuz

As far as inactive lynches go, I'm willing to go that route, but would REALLY rather lynch someone that has information/connections.

Kary - You called me out. Sup?

Top Bottom