• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ENTER THE HARDBODY

how swagged up is this game right now?

• swag a thousand trillion!!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • swag on a zillion!!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • incalculable amounts of swag

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • enter the hardbody more like enter the swag

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SWAG OUT!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • wow! strapped with the swag!

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary: No.
Rockin: I am not convinced. Need words.
Nabe: Already on him. ;D

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
votecount 1.14
kuz (1) - circus
ranmaru (1) - kuz
kataefi (1) - pjb
bardull (1) - kataefi
circus (4) - sworddancer. nabe kary death bear
rockin (2) - hilt soup
nabe (2) - ranmaru bardull
not voting (1) - rockin

voting log
soup -> ruy -> none -> rockin
pjb -> soup -> none -> kataefi
rockin -> sworddancer. -> kary -> none
death bear-> circus -> ranmaru
ranmaru -> ruy -> rockin -> sworddancer. -> kuz -> nabe -> circus -> nabe
circus -> kuz
sworddancer. -> ruy -> none -> ranmaru -> none -> bardull -> circus
nabe -> circus -> bardull -> circus
kuz -> ruy -> soup -> ranmaru
kataefi -> kuz -> sworddancer. -> ranmaru -> bardull
hilt -> bardull -> kataefi -> ruy
kary -> hilt -> rockin -> circus
bardull -> kuz -> ranmaru -> kataefi -> nabe

d1 ends 3/16 11:59:59 pm est

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Here is some examples from Super Heroes Mafia. Double spoiler tags come up for some weird reason.

First off, Zen mentions that an indy wouldn't want to attract as much attention as Nabe has. #2668

Zen asks in frustration, why he is playing like a jester. #2671

Example of Nabe acting like a jester. He states "I want you to vote for me because idk". Not very convincing, even when he himself wants to be lynched. #2645

Nabe states that his reasoning for not voting Radfic, is because Nabe would want to be the lynch that day. #2522

Acts confused when accused of bluffing about wanting to be the play. #2566!

Zen states that Nabe wanted to be the play, yet didn't vote himself when asked to. He also states that Nabe came out of no where with an option to vote Red Ryu after the previous day, when he had hammered Radfic "because he got tired of arguing". #2572

I think this shows what I am talking about.
You even get some of this wrong. In 2645, I clearly say "I shouldn't be lynched", not anything about wanting to be voted for.
This isn't actually relevant, but it provides me with quite a bit of pleasure.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
You want to join . . . . . . what wagon now? Rockin? Any reason to believe others will join it?

@Ran & BarDull: You guys willing to go Rockin? Or are you convinced in Nabe?

Soup, would you go Nabe?
Hasn't done jack and there's enough dirt on him to get him lynched. I know a lot of people don't oppose his lynch.

I'll go Nabe if I have to.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ranmaru, there are words about a page back.

This is ****ing infuriating.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Swords, why are you suddenly interested in Rockin? Or did you mention him in your list? I'm sorry if you did.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmm, it's pretty annoying Rockin hasn't posted a catch up yet, but I want to see what he says before I judge him. Nabe's actions I already have. Now, can you response to my response to you about Nabe, Soup? I want to know if you agree or disagree with me on that. If I have to, I'll jump on Rockin.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Nabe, looking over your posts, if you're not scum, I'm unimpressed with your ego. I hope you don't think the lot of us are intellectually inferior because, if you do, you made the crucial mistake of letting that kind of behavior slip.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
call it

The **** are we asking one another what we think? If you don't know what you want to push, please make up your mind or wait until you see something you agree with. The constant 'I would maybe lynch X, or maybe Y' is doing my head in. Basically the only person I'm interested in hearing from here is Nabe.

Speaking of which, Nabe. Please stop fruitlessly arguing with Ranmaru. You won't convince him, and we all know his points aren't watertight.

How are you going to respond to talk of your waggon other than to 'say it's unfair [you] were tagged and just sit on their hands' ?

#HBC | Nabe

I think Bardull explained it well. You come in, and don't really elaborate much on your suspects. You know, Circus and Hilt. You just post little jabs like #540. It just didn't seem like a genuine observation, but more like an opportunity for you to fake content. It also seemed like you were doing little, trivial things like this because you had to, since you were inactive. You know, little quips like my playing differently, which you don't really explain if it was of suspicion to you or not... I don't really see the reason in going through that if you didn't really suspect me.
There's nothing to elaborate on. These are the people I would see lynched, and the reason I would do so is because what they say and the way they say it doesn't agree with me. It's Day 1, after all.

I am certainly going to point out notable events, such as "if X is scum, this leads to Y" when I am currently voting for X and <24 hours to deadline suggests X is about to be lynched.

I pointed out that I thought your play was off from the norm. You told me it wasn't, and the fact of that was agreed upon by others. That makes the point moot, and leaves nothing to be said about it. Obviously it was suspicious -- someone playing differently than they should be is suspicious. But you're apparently not playing differently. Therefore, subject dropped.

From you not really doing much, when it comes to explaining your stances.
So in this very believable scumteam, I was like, "hey, Swords, you know how my posts suck?"

And he's all, "yeah, totally rancid".

So I'm like, "okay brah, listen up. No one is saying anything about it, or pressuring me at all. But despite all of that, I need to make a post to distract people from me right now."

And Swords is like, "Yeah, that sounds like a really excellent plan. Say something about how I voted for Circus instead of Bard. But, say it in a SPECIAL MAGICAL WAY that makes it a distraction, rather than just a normal comment."

I voted Circus because I wanted a bigger Wagon and was content with voting Circus at the time, but I still thought it was odd he voted Circus when I had voted Nabe already, and I changed my mind about just staying on Circus, and instead pushing towards you since we got an extra day. (Which is why I asked him why he voted Circus instead of you)
But why would it be odd that he didn't vote for me, when your vote on me made 1 vote? There were three wagons with 2 votes each, and one wagon (Bard) with 3 votes. It's not "Swords voted Circus instead of Nabe", it's 'Swords voted Circus instead of a bunch of other wagons". But you make it sound like Swords made a binary decision.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
We need a lynch. While there are 4 votes on Circus, we can easily swing to Nabe. That being said, I think we should swing at Nabe and provide him a monster of a curb stomping.

Main points against Nabe are that he doesn't explain himself and his actions, he's on a high horse, and all he does is point the finger while remaining inactive up until the bitter end of the day when his lynch is forseeable. He's also trying to push for Circus, whom while inactive and also in need of a hardbodying, is an easy target. We can actually EXPECT him to provide content instead of non-credible pushes and pointing the finger from the likes of Nabe, which means we'll subsequently get a better read on Circus.

I understand the Rockin sentiments, but I have a good feeling about Rockin. His earlier scum hunting felt genuine. I mean, the Kary vote was off, I don't really know what to say about that, but his interpretation of Kataefi's slot is spot on. But again, I really think Nabe is the best play.

Let's hardbody this dude.

Vote: Nabe

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
There's nothing to elaborate on. These are the people I would see lynched, and the reason I would do so is because what they say and the way they say it doesn't agree with me. It's Day 1, after all.

I am certainly going to point out notable events, such as "if X is scum, this leads to Y" when I am currently voting for X and <24 hours to deadline suggests X is about to be lynched.

I pointed out that I thought your play was off from the norm. You told me it wasn't, and the fact of that was agreed upon by others. That makes the point moot, and leaves nothing to be said about it. Obviously it was suspicious -- someone playing differently than they should be is suspicious. But you're apparently not playing differently. Therefore, subject dropped.
1. I still think that you were trying to 'point out notable events' to seem like you were being productive while being inactive for so long. You saying that you will certainly do it doesn't justify it as a good reason to.
2. The next two points, I will drop. I think I didn't explain the second one well, and I think the first covers it. The third about Swords, just felt gut-weird to me, but I'm also going to drop it and keep an eye on him for now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Whoops, I honestly didn't think anyone would interpret that picture that way. It was a picture of a dude raising his foot over a guy's head...how is it graphic? Whatever, not the point. T'was semblant of hardbodying and was meant to be interpreted that way.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Graphic.

Are you going to respond to my post on the last page? :B
Of course I didn't. If you read over the language you used, which includes calling and implying that Ran is of inferior intelligence than yourself, I can't take your level of questioning seriously.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just took that as him trying to make me look like a fool instead of actually replying to me seriously, which he did after getting some votes.

#HBC | Nabe

Of course I didn't. If you read over the language you used, which includes calling and implying that Ran is of inferior intelligence than yourself, I can't take your level of questioning seriously.
I just took that as him trying to make me look like a fool instead of actually replying to me seriously, which he did after getting some votes.
To be clear, we're talking about 673? I've responded to a post that didn't need responding to, twice, and Ran has tossed the point. Bard, 673 has nothing to do with Ran, and everything to do with you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm talking about your first reply to the post talking about #540.

Also, Clarification: You saying you certainly will do it anyways, doesn't mean it's not suspicious.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll let the thread breathe a little, going to read a book and try to do homework for school.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok. Remember that you were inactive, and the only reason you were voting Bardull, was not because you suspected him, but because he had 2 votes and deadline was nearing (out of the 4 that had 2 votes). Saying 'what's next?' isn't very convincing when you are voting someone because it's 'near deadline', and seems like a good place to fake contribution. Saying "X is scum upon Y's flip" is easy to do, and in the case I just mentioned, I feel that is what you are doing. Faking contribution.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Page 13.

going as fast as I can.

Thank you Ran.

Do you agree with what I said about soup or PJB ?

Bardull : We should do a game. Preferably after whatever goes down goes down.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
As an aside ; I feel like PJB was making himself the victim; as opposed to actually being one;

i.e: he was calling himself an easy and weaker player in order to push his point through, and not necessarily because the point was accurate.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I will say that the earlier actions are just null to me, but I can see those actions spill into later in the day.

Wrt PJB, yes. The part about him being wishy washy. I haven't really seen PJB be much of a pusher, I can only remember his play like this, just come in and occasionally post a few opinions. You state this is unlike his town meta, I would like for you to explain how it differentiates from his play here. (And give an example) That would be helpful.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
I would lynch Nabe and settle on Rockin.

Nabe, I'm saying i would vote you because i have this gut feeling your doing the same as you did when I was scum with you.

it's mainly because i feel like your latest storm of content comes more from the side of you not wanting to be lynched, and attempting to get to a higher ground and push something other than yourself; As opposed to actively choosing to create content before-hand.

I need you to give me something to work with here;

Why is Circus' posting more indicative of scum intentions.

How do you feel about Soup ?

Of the people on your wagon, who do you feel is most likely scum ?

Soup: I feel like your only on this Nabe wagon in spirit ? I believe between us and the thread we can get Rockin, who is dead weight to me , and someone i would not be sad to see go.

Would you be more in favor of this path ?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Ranmaru is likely town.

Him blindly focus firing Nabe as he is now makes me pretty confident of this.

Soup is here and there , but I'm leaning town.

I feel like PJB isn't being as aggressive as I am used to seeing from his town gaeme, and this concerns me. I will say his later day play toDay is getting there, but that doesn't erase what i've already pointed out.

Kat and swords both lean null town. In Kat V PJB i like Kat moreso as of now; I still feel like PJB was making himself a victim of kat, rather than really being one.

Rockin is null, Kuzi is null.

Circus feels like he's just here, and his inactivity may be coloring my opinion of him; But when he is here i don't feel like he's putting the effort in.

That being said the last time i felt similar was In ME mafia.

Kary I am alright with.

Hilt is kinda a null throw in the air.

Anyone not mentioned is null.

People need to talk to me or I'm liable to disappear till hammre time comes round.

/needtotalktoryuaswell

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Not really convinced. Kinda thought Nabe was gonna give us something that would blow our minds, but I'm left unimpressed.

His play just feels like "look at me! I'm SOOOO inconspicuous." I could live without him. Where's he at in the votecount?

Top Bottom