• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Energy Drinks & Brawl

SagaKirby

Smash Journeyman
Of course these people drink before a match:
Meta Knight
Sonic
Captain Falcon
Snake
Luigi
Ike
...Marth?
Mario
Bowser(the whole Friggin Keg)
Fox
Wolf
Wario(Rudeness=...y'know)
Diddy Kong
Yoshi(Red Bull,courtesy of Mzinkk9's Comment :D)
GanonDorf

**** shame D:

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I believe there was a thread discussing a promoted drink for the release of Brawl, just like Mt. Dew with Halo 3. The members drew a conclusion that 'Falcon Punch' would be the best, hands down.

A man can dream....... A man can dream.......
Yup I posted the Falcon Punch pic

This one (made by Hierarch of deviant art):

Iwan

Smash Ace
Hahaha...entertaining post topic creator. lol...i originally thought you were asking whether people drink energy drinks to help them play....better? hahaha?

which they don't.

they take aderol...lol. I've literally seen kids pop some before a match starts. And yea, the Halo pros do this as well.

Performance Enhancing Drugs in competitive gaming? You bet. :p

**EDIT- also, despite the humorous tone in my post, this is kind of a problem. I've seen it a few times at smash tournies, and halo players do this as well. No, not everyone, but really...shouldn't this be something of an issue? Because MLG doesn't seem to give a **** about it.

My friend (who will remain unamed, because he plays halo and if you remotely follow halo...yes, you've heard of him) uses aderol before playing at MLG events, and he's told me it's like other players are moving in slow motion. He also mentioned to me that the same goes for smash.

Congress HearingZORS? haha....anyway, a lot of people don't know about this, so I thought i'd throw it out there.

IceEmblem

Smash Journeyman
Constantly inside a R.O.B Halloween Costume
I sometimes drink buzz monkey when i have a party with my smash friends (i invite 7 people over all strong smashers, and we stay up till 4 playing smash very competetivly drinking coke and buzz monkey untill we retreat into the bedrooms to play mario kart ds).

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
If you guys really want to know, any form of caffeine is bad for tasks that require the use of your short term memory, because caffeine is known to reduce it. For smash, its important to be able to remember most of the moves you and your opponent have done during the battle in order to keep yourself for doing predictable moves and to predict your opponents next moves. It will be harder to keep things like this in short term memory if you are on too much caffeine. Of course, if you are falling asleep, caffeine will wake you up and possibly help your game overall.

I would suggest trying the XS drink since it works on vitamin B12 instead, or even just something with sugar, but I don't think its would make a big difference. There probably are not many legal concoctions that would increase your cognitive ability significant enough to use consistently for playing smash, but I'm probably saying too much.

Top Bottom