• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

End of the Year, Beginning of the New Era~Ann Arbor MI 12-11-10

Tewx2

Smash Ace
T.O's Tutu, RollerKing, Gio

Venue
========

University of Michigan venue:

Mason Hall
419 S. State St
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Room 1427

Date and Times
12/11/10

12:00 - Venue opens, Registration for all events opens.
1:00 - Brawl Mid Tiers Begins
1:30 - Registration for doubles closes.
2:00 - Brawl and Melee Doubles begins.
Whenever Doubles ends*: Smash 64 side tournament begins
5:30 - Registration ends for Brawl and Melee Singles.
6:00 - Brawl and Melee Singles begin.

Prices and Payout
Venue Fee - $5*
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $10 per person
*Venue fee will be refunded to anyone bringing a full setup who stays for the entire event. A full setup is a TV and a Wii with a copy of Brawl with all characters and legal stages unlocked. Fee will be refunded if someone brings a setup for doubles and leaves before singles starts.

Payouts will be:
Singles, >= 20 people
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Singles, < 20 people
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles

Mid Tiers

Smash64
1st: 80%
2nd: 20%
3rd: Free johns

Rules: Brawl Edition
- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

- Items are set to "off" and "none"

- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

- King Dedede's standing infinites and ledge infinites are banned.

- Marth's infinites of Ness and Lucas are banned.

- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling is banned.

MID TIERS:
$5 entrance fee
Every character C tier ad below is allowed, for you *******s too lazy to Google the tier list it's:
Toon Link, Kirby, Fox, R.O.B., Pit, Peach, Donkey Kong
Luigi, Wolf, (Zelda/Sheik), Sonic, Ike, Sheik, Ness, Pokémon Trainer
Yoshi, Lucas, Mario, Bowser
Captain Falcon, Samus, Jigglypuff, Link, Zelda
Ganondorf

Stages: Brawl
Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Melee Ruleset
========

The tournament series will use the *Pound 4* Melee ruleset:

* 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
* Items OFF
* Sets are best-of-3 except Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals, which are best-of-5.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Glitches such as IC's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you already won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Teams)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Teams)
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

SUPER **** BROTHERS SIXTY FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
5 Stock, Round Robin, No Items, Advanced Slob Picks

Best of 3,
Extreme Stalling will result in a Warning and then a Disqualification

Best of 3 Stage Rules (unless agreed upon)
First game must be on Hyrule
Counterpicks: Hyrule, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Peach's Castle

Tutu: 734-223-3482
Roller: 908-868-3016

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Alright if this is the date of your tourney Ham and I will be working for WBST 5 a week or 2 later :D

But anyways.....

HYPE TRAIN A GO!!!!!!!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
This is a pretty bad date for UofM/MSU, though I'm sure U of M can still make it out to this they wanted.

Roller

Smash Legend
It's a fantastically awesome date for U of M. This tourney will be too sick to miss. I'm in with a good number of casual players here. I should be able to get a decent number of them to come out.

EVERYONE COME.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
I'm not moving it back. The thing about the 11th is that for UofM its 5 days before finals. but the 18th is in the middle of their finals, I talked to WTP too and that date is apparently bad for MSU as well The 11th Isn't particularly good but even if EL can't make it there should be a somewhat decent turnout. Not gonna host any after the 18th because of lolchristmas. So pretty much the 12th is the last date for a tourny. But TYM is an ohio tournament iirc, and as much as I love your tournaments and state and scene I don't feel bad having a MI one on the same day since you do have your own scene and tbh Ohio (besides like DL and I believe sole came for WBST4) hasn't come to a MI tourny for a while so theres no obligation to move it back either. Not to mention Tech is already scheduling a gameyard to avoid overlapping with an OH tourny and originally I had wanted to host it on the second to accommodate everyone with finals, but I dislike the idea of hosting tournaments back to back, as it hasn't worked out well in my past experience(VoM if anyone cares to remember). Actually I feel like if anyone asks me to move it back its a bit insulting to MI as a scene because it would be implying that our tournaments are less important than those of OH(not that anyone has) Besides I doubt any1 with finals is going to go to a different state for a tournament on the off chance that if they somehow get stuck there they are ****ed.

Also TYM doesn't have a smash 64 event. Just sayin

@Ori I would suggest waiting until January to host WBST5 because of the holidays and whatnot. 2 weeks from this tourny is Christmas weekend I might remind you.

@Hot Arms, I gotta get that salt match in ya know. Advertising at the next AADL lets get it

solecalibur

Smash Master
I dont see how you can host it earlier as I'd probly even go to this if you moved it a week earlier or so , you even said it was a pretty bad date as it is

Tewx2

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna host it on the second of December because of Tech's Gameyard on the 27th, if I;m trying to get a decent turnout then there has to be space seeing as MI has roughly 3 people that can drive total, and our state is spread out pretty thin. About 20% of our tournament regulars are in High School or their freshman year in college. Aka broke *** *****s without jobs or poor *** *****s with low paying jobs. The most Ohio ever gets from MI is 5, and with finals coming up for WTP (the main driver OoS) who is most likely not going to either tournament which means you would be lucky to get 3 people from our great state. I guess I'm stealing DarkLouis (and whoever he decides to bring) from your tournament but its not going to have a drastic effect on your turnout and won't effect the already confirmed 32 people(none of which are MI smashers I might add). It sucks, but this is the last decent tournament date for MI this year, so its either this or no tournament in December and lol I'm not going to cancel the one Michigan tournament that month in favor for a different state.

AiB page is up: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10936

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Oh I feel you on spacing tournaments out. Its why I was forced to go GY3 on the 27th (well one of the reasons) So I can't blame you for hosting it on this date. Its thats the tournament date situation then so be it. I don't even think I can have a December Gameyard given the circumstances. I may have one early in January and call that the cap out for the PR season. We shall see. My thing is with VoM is that if we are forced to play downstairs again then I am not sure how you could accomodate a good turnout. There was only 12 of us last time and the owners made us huddle around the middle..lol

I believe I have a way of getting to TYM even if WTP doesnt drive btw but I'd like to support you if I can. Eh we have plenty of time. Its not even November yet.

@KB: Chances are between me going to Nope's, (possibly) TYM and the Amherst tournament in the next month and half..we'll play each other lol I'll be all up in Ohio.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
We wouldn't be able to facilitate a good turnout at VoM which is why I'm not trying to use it again, but people didn't know that previous, it was just a matter of bad spacing.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Oh I didnt even see that I just assumed since you were talking about it before. My bad. But yeah I guess it was better we didnt have like 30 people go to VoM...LOL

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yeah, NE OH still is a bit of a drive for me. And AA is only about 40 minutes away. Plus if I wanna have a shot at the PR, I want to attend at least 2 MI tournaments. (I live in MI, btw) Working retail is harder during the Christmas season, so getting the day off isn't always guaranteed.

Top Bottom