• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if the brave was meant for a fire emblem character since one of the major weapon class is the brave weapons. All five edelgard fans will be happy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Im aware of it. But after a while i just get sick of it (+ the potential of ruining the surprise)....Maybe we get Dragon Quest-Stuff, maybe not...maybe im just tired of the Smash-Speculation...
Well then, why not leave the forums, and ignore any article that says anything about leaks? I'm planning on doing that once I manage to get a Switch.

Xeno would be great but the wars between Elma, Rex, KOS-MOS, and maybe even Lora or Addam or Fiora supporters... Oh no.
Shion isn't remembered for these things, no one does...

Last edited:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Personally really hype for the datamine.
Hope we get a Bravely character; definitely my most wanted after Isaac and tied with Elma.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Personally really hype for the datamine.
Hope we get a Bravely character; definitely my most wanted after Isaac and tied with Elma.
Same here. I can't help but to think though, if "Brave" really turns out to be a Dragon Quest or Bravely Default character, and we get Elma, people are probably gonna complain about all the RPG character newcomers.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Same here. I can't help but to think though, if "Brave" really turns out to be a Dragon Quest or Bravely Default character, and we get Elma, people are probably gonna complain about all the RPG character newcomers.
Plot twist: what if Brave IS Elma

haha...I wish...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If it makes you feel better, GameXplain is pretty okay with the RPG representation.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
I really doubt they put rex in after the fact they made a big deal over his mii skin being apart of the DLC pass. Plus they put music from XC2 in the game as well, plus what would rex's playstyle even be? He swaps between pyra and mythra but what's makes that interesting, shulk's playstyle makes sense because of different monado arts.
However, Rex fans would be pissed if Elma got in over Rex

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone know where the Formula Skell Spirit is? It's the only Xenoblade Spirit I'm missing. Is it on Spirit Board?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, Elma fans will be upset if Rex gets in over Elma, so I don't think anyone really wins in this situation.
Fiora fans: *sobbing in a corner either way*

Ideally both Elma AND Rex would make both sides happy, but the way his Mii costume introduction was worded makes him seem LESS likely than Fiora at this time, I’d think. I don’t even think he’ll be in any season except maybe the final one, if there’s like 5+ seasons.

And I still don’t think ATs will ever be promoted to playable either. Just my take tho

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Anyone know where the Formula Skell Spirit is? It's the only Xenoblade Spirit I'm missing. Is it on Spirit Board?
You have to summon it. I remember it taking the Kirby Robobot Spirit, but I can't remember the other one sadly.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Ideally both Elma AND Rex would make both sides happy, but the way his Mii costume introduction was worded makes him seem LESS likely than Fiora at this time, I’d think. I don’t even think he’ll be in any season except maybe the final one, if there’s like 5+ seasons.

And I still don’t think ATs will ever be promoted to playable either. Just my take tho
Not in this game, anyway, Remember: ATs never get promoted in the same game. :ultisabelle::ultdarksamus:

Besides, Elma has seniority anyway no matter which way you slice it. The series is small at the moment, so I think that would matter a little.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not in this game, anyway, Remember: ATs never get promoted in the same game. :ultisabelle::ultdarksamus:

Besides, Elma has seniority anyway no matter which way you slice it. The series is small at the moment, so I think that would matter a little.
Yeah, that’s what I meant. ATs this game will have to wait for the next one.

Stage cameos, Spirits and Final Smash cameos are fair game tho I’d think. Mii costumes I’m not sure on if it’s a costume of a potential newcomer candidate.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

The thing with Rex is that there really is no point to add him "because of promotion". Xenoblade 2 is done, even with its DLC, and it has already surpassed Nintendo' sales expectations. I think that they would try instead to promote the next game in the series, just like how they used Corrin to promote Fates when Awekening was the more successfull title (and they could have easely added Chrom instead). And considering that the next Xenoblade game is most likely going to be X2 then I could see them adding Elma as DLC instead of Rex, considering that X2 will most likely be a direct sequel to X unlike XC and XC2.
The only thing going for Rex is how popular he/Pyra and Mythra are, but again the DLC seems to have been chosen for a while (especially since there are at least two TP aming them) so popularity couldn't factor in.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, that’s what I meant. ATs this game will have to wait for the next one.

Stage cameos, Spirits and Final Smash cameos are fair game tho I’d think. Mii costumes I’m not sure on if it’s a costume of a potential newcomer candidate.
The question in regards to that former one is if they'd do that, if for anyone. Pauline and maybe Ms. Pac-Man seem possible, but has anyone even seen Captain Toad's stage cameo outside of the main website at all?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The thing with Rex is that there really is no point to add him "because of promotion". Xenoblade 2 is done, even with its DLC, and it already surpassed Nintendo's expectations. I think that they would try instead to promote the next game in the series, just like how they used Corrin to promote Fates when Awekening was the more successfull title (and they could have easely added Chrom instead). And considering that the next Xenoblade game is most likely going to be X2 then I could see them adding Elma as DLC instead of Rex.
The only thing going for Rex is how popular he/Pyra and Mythra are, but again the DLC seems to have been chosen for a while (especially since there are at least two TP aming them) so popularity couldn't factor in.
His only hope is if there’s more than one season at this point as well. Which there probably will be anyway.

The question in regards to that former one is if they'd do that, if for anyone. Pauline and maybe Ms. Pac-Man seem possible, but has anyone even seen Captain Toad's stage cameo outside of the main website at all?
For both FS and Stage Character promotions they could have the non-playable variant change costumes like Chrom’s FS model does depending on the playable version on the field’s costume. For Capt. Toad he could possibly be replaced with Spelunker Toadette.

The thing is, Assist Trophies are the ultimate deconfirmation cause they’d have already a move set. You just can’t control them; the computer picks the moves according to the situation. With Final Smash and Stage characters, there’s just the model, they’re not actually fighting and Final Smashes are just glorified cinematics, so just take their model, give them a detailed playable moveset and they’re good to go.

And Spirits are literally both upgraded trophies and a way of role playing in game. Doesn’t deconfirm anything.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For both FS and Stage Character promotions they could have the non-playable variant change costumes like Chrom’s FS model does depending on the playable version on the field’s costume. For Capt. Toad he could possibly be replaced with Spelunker Toadette.

The thing is, Assist Trophies are the ultimate deconfirmation cause they’d have already a move set. You just can’t control them; the computer picks the moves according to the situation. With Final Smash and Stage characters, there’s just the model, they’re not actually fighting and Final Smashes are just glorified cinematics, so just take their model, give them a detailed playable moveset and they’re good to go.

And Spirits are literally both upgraded trophies and a way of role playing in game. Doesn’t deconfirm anything.
Yeah, seems fair. Plus Pauline is depicted as a tad taller than usual in Odyssey, and was shrunken back down accordingly for her MTA appearance. No reason they couldn't do that here by having a resized custom model.

And the only reason some ATs don't show up on certain stages is because they couldn't trigger or mesh in well (you can't have TWO moons on Great Bay, after all).

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
I just hope if she gets into Smash, they make a reference to the fact that she was a spirit in her cinematic. I'd crush other people who had Hope's for their favorite characters who were already spirits.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Elma’s in RTC today...I wanna say my ratings, but I fear I’ll be torn apart there...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I admit in my chance score I rated it low because I'm pessimistic but I am imploring you guys to educate these fools. Already some of the stuff I'm reading...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rate Their Chances is a thread about comparing the chances of inclusion of two characters, and rank how likely they are with number percents. Every time, two characters are hand-picked for the voting.
Sounds neat!

Personally, I think Elma has above a 50% chance at the LEAST.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
RTC is such a neat idea but the regulars drive me ****ing crazy because people just whine when it isn't a character they actively want and never bother actually doing research into what a character can do. You get **** like people claiming that no one knows who Professor Layton is or, recently, that Elma is "anime" and that Xenoblade X is unimportant, and then people nominate some other random character as if we can influence anything.

I like RTC. it's a lot of fun sometimes. But the "arguments" make my teeth itch.

D

Deleted member

RTC is such a neat idea but the regulars drive me ****ing crazy because people just whine when it isn't a character they actively want and never bother actually doing research into what a character can do. You get **** like people claiming that no one knows who Professor Layton is or, recently, that Elma is "anime" and that Xenoblade X is unimportant, and then people nominate some other random character as if we can influence anything.

I like RTC. it's a lot of fun sometimes. But the "arguments" make my teeth itch.
Elma is too anime, too niche, unimportant and irrelevant. She's also a very boring character with almost zero personality.

Now, let me tell you why Isaac and Geno are secretly locks for DLC

Also, a lot of people's chance ratings just turn into their personal opinion on the character. That's supposed to go in the "want" section, y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's actually funny when you got random secondary characters from third party games (that are not yet represented in Smash) getting high chance scores in RTC.

It's like, uhh, you do remember what the chance score actually means right?

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
It's actually funny when you got random secondary characters from third party games (that are not yet represented in Smash) getting high chance scores in RTC.

It's like, uhh, you do remember what the chance score actually means right?
Those boards are really kind of useless. All that matters is if the character gets in. From what we've viewed with our info that's been gathered, we have a strong case for a XCX character, most likely Elma. In the end she could have a 0% in both and still get in.
On a unrelated note, do you think when they had cassandra lee Morris and Matthew Mercer in to voice their parts for morgana and Chrom, did they also voice Lin Lee and Lao as well or should they call them back for the role?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all is it just me or is anyone else having this issue where they can't find the Formula Skell Spirit in the summonable Spirit list? Even in the greyed-out "insufficient cores" part I can't find it anywhere

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Y'all is it just me or is anyone else having this issue where they can't find the Formula Skell Spirit in the summonable Spirit list? Even in the greyed-out "insufficient cores" part I can't find it anywhere
Maybe you don't have any of the required parts? You need Mech (a neutral primary spirit - one of the playable characters from Metroid Prime Federation Force, who I believe is in Sheldon's shop in the World of Light) and Robobot Armour (the Kirby-like mech suit, which you can either get through the Spirit Board or a shop in the World of Light).

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I actually didn't see it there the first couple of times I checked the list, either. I'm not really sure what causes it to appear, but I can say with certainty that I didn't have the Robobot Armour when it appeared. I did actually get lucky shortly after that, by having it appear on the Spirit Board.

D

Deleted member

I actually didn't see it there the first couple of times I checked the list, either. I'm not really sure what causes it to appear, but I can say with certainty that I didn't have the Robobot Armour when it appeared. I did actually get lucky shortly after that, by having it appear on the Spirit Board.
Maybe you don't have any of the required parts? You need Mech (a neutral primary spirit - one of the playable characters from Metroid Prime Federation Force, who I believe is in Sheldon's shop in the World of Light) and Robobot Armour (the Kirby-like mech suit, which you can either get through the Spirit Board or a shop in the World of Light).
IMG-20190106-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20190106-WA0000.jpg

I'm starting to think it might be random whether or not it shows up; here are two (very low quality) pics of my summon list sorted by name in alphabetical order including the grey "insufficient cores" section. This is the "F" section for both. It's not in either of them for some reason (unless I'm being ultra blind)

Like, I don't actually have the Mech Spirit required to summon, but I just think this is odd that its not showing up

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom