• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
I don't believe any leaks at this point tbh after Grinch leak. When Grinch came out it convinced almost EVERYONE, including me somewhat even though I still wasn't completely sure (70/30 towards real). And then P L A N T happened which ****ed with leaks even more. At this point I don't trust anyone
I don't think the Grinch Leak so much as fooled everyone because of how legit it looked but more because everyone wanted it to be true. There were many reasons not to believe the leak, yet people disregarded those issues because if the leak were real, we'd be getting everything we always wanted.

Either way, you're right. It's best to be skeptical when it comes to leaks.

But if you decide to believe anyone, Verge's Smash leaks have been on point since e3. He even called Piranha Plant (or atleast an additional character being added) before the direct even aired.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Damn, I leave for 2 days, and there is a ton of discussion I missed.

On another note, I actually looked up Caitlin Glass's other roles, and she's taken on a ton of them.

Notable ones are Haruhi from Ouran Highschool Host Club (she does a lot of anime), Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist, Kyoko Kirigiri from Danganronpa, Cammy from Street Fighter, Mina Ashido from My Hero Academia, and Petra from Attack on Titan. She's got a lot of other roles under her belt though.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Damn, I leave for 2 days, and there is a ton of discussion I missed.

On another note, I actually looked up Caitlin Glass's other roles, and she's taken on a ton of them.

Notable ones are Haruhi from Ouran Highschool Host Club (she does a lot of anime), Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist, Kyoko Kirigiri from Danganronpa, Cammy from Street Fighter, Mina Ashido from My Hero Academia, and Petra from Attack on Titan. She's got a lot of other roles under her belt though.
She's also Miria in Baccano, which is for my money the greatest show I've ever seen. A lot of that has to do with the spectacular voice work and she as Miria and J. Michael Tatum as Isaac are just stunning.

aarchak

Smash Ace
She's also Miria in Baccano, which is for my money the greatest show I've ever seen. A lot of that has to do with the spectacular voice work and she as Miria and J. Michael Tatum as Isaac are just stunning.
Dammit, I need to watch Baccano someday. However, I am currently flooded with anime to watch, and I'm not going to get through my pile anytime soon.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
I was browsing the "Final Five DLC Characters" thread and was very happy to see Elma on several people's lists. Rex getting the Mii costume treatment really cleared a path for her.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
A combination of Smash speculation, XB2 fans looking at previous entries and XB2's DLC cameo of her have definitely made Elma more visible. It's reaffirming to see people who haven't played X thinking she's an appealing character. The same kind of appeal that turned Roy from a character from a game no-one played to "our boy Roy" with t3h ph1re; you don't need to know much about them to be able to like them as a fighter.

I don't know if that's enough to make it as DLC but at least there's an audience who would appreciate her.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
A combination of Smash speculation, XB2 fans looking at previous entries and XB2's DLC cameo of her have definitely made Elma more visible. It's reaffirming to see people who haven't played X thinking she's an appealing character. The same kind of appeal that turned Roy from a character from a game no-one played to "our boy Roy" with t3h ph1re; you don't need to know much about them to be able to like them as a fighter.

I don't know if that's enough to make it as DLC but at least there's an audience who would appreciate her.
Hi, I'm new here, but I'd like to say this is probably a true statement. I myself haven't played X, but exposure to Elma from the Xenoblade 2 DLC made me really enamored with her. Mostly her design since I don't have in-depth knowledge of the character, but I would love to have Elma in Smash. I can only hope Sakurai sees her as worthwhile since she is kind of a "who?" character.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Let's be very clear about the leaks.
> Verge only says that there will be a SE rep and Minecraft content. the other leaker says that Minecraft will get a character and that Grandblue is in talks to get a character. Me Personally cannot believe the later cause I feel Sakurai would have just saved Rex for DLC if they haven't decided all of them yet.

There are actually 6 spaces left on the SSS
You are right about the 6 spaces.
I wonder of the 6th one is for maybe a Piranha Plant stage, a bonus stage for free or they left it just in case they want to go beyond those 5 planned characters.

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
If Elma does get in: What do you want/predict for her alts?
I would want the other colors of her default outfit from the game. I don't think it would be a great idea to have the spoiler costume considering how few have played Xenoblade X.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The obvious 8th palette is her spoiler form/outfit but failing that, we can make "8th palette Swimsuit" into a Xenoblade tradition instead. Even Rex and Pyra can fit the mold thanks to their DLC having costumes.

And I'm boring but the other 6 palettes, the different colors of her default outfit (Grenada Light) would probably work best, but with a different headgear for each one. Default has none, her second palette has the headpiece from the Grenada Light and her 3rd to 7th palettes vary. Heart sunglasses, nose band-aid, hi-tech visor and bunny ears.

Or she can just have different tank tops for each one. Give her 100 palettes with just tank top colours and she might come close to properly representing what XCX is all about.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'd like to say that they should go the same route as they did with Shulk, by having most of the alts reflect other playable characters. . . but to be honest, the colour schemes for Irinia, Gwin, Doug and Lao aren't really that distinct. I could see palette swaps directly based on Lin's, Tatsu's and L's colour scheme, though, with hair colour changes. Just as long as they don't change her skin colour.

Or she can just have different tank tops for each one. Give her 100 palettes with just tank top colours and she might come close to properly representing what XCX is all about.
I'd honestly take a tank-top / casual alt over a swimsuit one.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
They could either go the Shulk route and give her recolors based on other X party members, probably Lin (white/black), Tatsu (brown/green), Irina (purple), L (blue), Lao (black), Gwin (green), Doug (silver) and Mia (gold).
Or they could go the Cloud route and give her the various recolors of her default armour.
While it might seem a little early for her spoiler outfit they might also do a recolor based on that rather than a full alternate costume.
But I won't lie, a tank top skin, or just a casual outfit would be my way to go with her. I loved the fashion style of XCX.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Speaking of alts, I decided to do some (admittedly not that great) mock-ups for some character-based palette swaps with Elma's XBC2 art. I figured I should share them.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Speaking of alts, I decided to do some (admittedly not that great) mock-ups for some character-based palette swaps with Elma's XBC2 art. I figured I should share them.

These are just stunning! I love the purple especially.

Side note, I am so glad they didn't whitewash Elma when putting her in XC2... I've seen so many artists do that and call it "stylistic" and like...just...she has dark skin, that's just her character design guys. In general, even if I prefer X's art style I do really dig how dynamic this art is. Her hair looks so fluffy.

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet

Oh wow, how can you say "not that great", these outfits are incredible! Just thinking about how she might appear in the game makes me want her even more!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
These are just stunning! I love the purple especially.
Uh, thanks, but. . . I didn't make a purple one?

Oh wow, how can you say "not that great", these outfits are incredible! Just thinking about how she might appear in the game makes me want her even more!
Because this is pretty simply done, and the colouring doesn't really fit the style of the original artwork all that well. The white for the Lin alt in particular was pretty annoying to do. And not to mention, there are other parts of her outfit that I still could have changed in terms of colour, like the blue-ish purple. . . stuff on her hips and forearms.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Uh, thanks, but. . . I didn't make a purple one?

Because this is pretty simply done, and the colouring doesn't really fit the style of the original artwork all that well. The white for the Lin alt in particular was pretty annoying to do. And not to mention, there are other parts of her outfit that I still could have changed in terms of colour, like the blue-ish purple. . . stuff on her hips and forearms.
Okay, blue. My mistake. It just looked more violet on the hair for some reason. It's a nice shade, that's all.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Okay, blue. My mistake. It just looked more violet on the hair for some reason. It's a nice shade, that's all.
Ah. That's supposed to be the L palette. It just doesn't really help that beyond his skin, his colour scheme is essentially gray + black.

Yluma

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhatACreativeID
3DS FC
4854-7666-5145
Switch FC
5660-9773-7212
D

Deleted member

Say you guys, how did you feel about Elma's representation in Xenoblade 2? Personally I loved it, even though they couldn't get the rest of the VA's to record new lines for her the boss fight where you fight her is really fun and challenging (if you don't cheese it with Corvin who was released in the same update lol) and all the party chats were really fun and chock-ful of neat references! It helps that she's one of the most OP blades in the gane too- her damage from her special attacks is crazy and outdoes even KOS-MOS in most situations, I love it

CyberSkies

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronax_master
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304
i hope he """predicted""" this for the launch game, not DLC
he also predicted Shadow being a semi-clone and that wasn't a sly foretelling, keep in mind
We've already got all of the assist trophies and pokemon on the website so I think it's safe to assume that's all the items too, which means no skells, and honestly with the thing about jon predicting the epic yarn port and the FF games, kirby I'll say is way out of left field but if you knew that square had lost the source code for FFVIII as we now know then I could understand his predictions of the FF games on switch. I've no doubt he has some insider information, I think most journalists probably do to some extent just from making connections in the industry but it doesn't seem to hold much water with smash.

CyberSkies

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronax_master
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304
Say you guys, how did you feel about Elma's representation in Xenoblade 2? Personally I loved it, even though they couldn't get the rest of the VA's to record new lines for her the boss fight where you fight her is really fun and challenging (if you don't cheese it with Corvin who was released in the same update lol) and all the party chats were really fun and chock-ful of neat references! It helps that she's one of the most OP blades in the gane too- her damage from her special attacks is crazy and outdoes even KOS-MOS in most situations, I love it
Ima be real with you. I can hardly get myself to play through xenoblade 2 long enough to beat the game let alone have the drive to beat the dlc. I really don't get the hype around the game unless it's solely stemming from the story. If that's the case I might try to force myself through the boring sludge of gameplay.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
You guys ARE rooting for DLC, right? Elma deserves her spot, and I want my Mira stage. (With tracks remixed by ACE oh god I just thought about this that would be great)
Edit: I haven't been following this thread closely (I will now!) because I was exclusively in the Isaac support thread, but what is the consensus of the best stage to represent XCX?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ima be real with you. I can hardly get myself to play through xenoblade 2 long enough to beat the game let alone have the drive to beat the dlc. I really don't get the hype around the game unless it's solely stemming from the story. If that's the case I might try to force myself through the boring sludge of gameplay.
Once you get farther into the story more and more options open up to speed up the combat, such as pouch items to make it so you dont need to recharge arts by auto-attack, blades specials getting stronger and stronger as you raise their trust, unlocking parts of the Driver affinity charts, etc etc. By endgame you can literally mow down a 50 mil hp monster in one minute with a strong setup. The gameplay gets considerably better as the game progresses. It's just a bit of grind at the start since combat is admittedly slow and a little boring until you get the hang of it/progress far enough (you need to get through the first 3 chapters to unlock chain attacks, which are literally the primary way of dealing hefty damage lol). That's one of my complaints with the game even though it's my favorite Xenoblade game. The story is also genuinely incredible (besides all the cheap fanservice) it's a little more light-hearted then Xenoblade 1 but it's far better then Xenoblade X (as much as I love Xenoblade X lol). I get if you don't want to, but I heavily recommend grinding through those starting hours, it's a really really good game

Last edited by a moderator:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I find it rather jarring how literally no other character acknowledges her with vocal lines (though that might also be another point in favour of her being Smash DLC). And while I'm glad that she got probably on of the hardest boss fights in the game (it's what she deserves), I personally just cheesed the fight by playing on custom difficulty heavily weighed in my favour. I just really don't like Rex (for the broken strategies involving him) or the battle system enough to bother doing this the "proper" way. Other than that, though, I think she got far better artwork than Shulk and Fiora did, and the Overdrive mechanic is quite fun to use, even if Wir Fliegen was drastically shortened.

The story is nothing special, if you ask me. The fact that it has multiple instances that are just straight-up irrelevant filler are probably the least of my problems with it.

You guys ARE rooting for DLC, right? Elma deserves her spot, and I want my Mira stage. (With tracks remixed by ACE oh god I just thought about this that would be great)
Edit: I haven't been following this thread closely (I will now!) because I was exclusively in the Isaac support thread, but what is the consensus of the best stage to represent XCX?
I mean, what else should we be rooting for at this point? There are no base game newcomer reveals left, or Assist Trophies, for that matter. As far as Nintendo characters go, Elma actually now has some of the best chances (possibly even better than Bandana Dee), since base Ultimate seems to purposefully ignore any content from Xenoblade X, even music, which is especially jarring.
As for a stage, there's not really much of a common consensus, as far as I know. NLA, Primordia, Noctilum, Oblivia, Sylvalum and Cauldros are all fair game, though I personally believe that a NLA/Primordia mix or Noctilum stage are the most likely. I actually took a couple of screenshots in X a while ago with possible locations for Smash stages, so I might dig that up and edit a link into this post.

The story is also genuinely incredible (besides all the cheap fanservice) it's a little more light-hearted then Xenoblade 1 but it's far better then Xenoblade X (as much as I love Xenoblade X lol). I get if you don't want to, but I heavily recommend grinding through those starting hours, it's a really really good game
Gameplay I'll admit can be pretty arguable in 2, but I'm sorry, story is something that I'll never concede as being good about 2. To name just one of my big issues with it:
Nia quite explicitly has the power to bring back the dead, and beyond that one scene where she resurrects Niall, the story never seems to consider the implications with all that. She easily could've resurrected Vandham (also probably even Lora) without really revealing herself to the party, yet doesn't do so. Instead, Vandham is just never brought up ever again and is completely forgotten.

Last edited:

CyberSkies

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronax_master
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304
Once you get farther into the story more and more options open up to speed up the combat, such as pouch items to make it so you dont need to recharge arts by auto-attack, blades specials getting stronger and stronger as you raise their trust, unlocking parts of the Driver affinity charts, etc etc. By endgame you can literally mow down a 50 mil hp monster in one minute with a strong setup. The gameplay gets considerably better as the game progresses. It's just a bit of grind at the start since combat is admittedly slow and a little boring until you get the hang of it/progress far enough (you need to get through the first 3 chapters to unlock chain attacks, which are literally the primary way of dealing hefty damage lol). That's one of my complaints with the game even though it's my favorite Xenoblade game. The story is also genuinely incredible (besides all the cheap fanservice) it's a little more light-hearted then Xenoblade 1 but it's far better then Xenoblade X (as much as I love Xenoblade X lol). I get if you don't want to, but I heavily recommend grinding through those starting hours, it's a really really good game
So I'm in like chapter 3 I think, I got to the a big fight in that chapter and was about on par with the enemies levels but basically couldn't do much more than scratch them cuz they have crazy moves that like completely disable my characters and stuff. I tried different equips and such, tried playing with different characters, ultimately it got to the point where I am now just going back to previous areas to grind through side-quests and I've noticed something because of it.
In Xenoblade X almost all of the sidequests help to make the world feel like a real lived in place with memorable background and side characters.
In Xenoblade 2 you help strangers you'll never see again collect ingredients to make a pie.

I don't feel like I'm helping people and going on quests, I feel like I'm doing people's chores for them. Plus in XCX it made sense that you would go around town helping people cuz it was basically your chars jobs. In XC2 you're basically an outlaw???

D

Deleted member

I find it rather jarring how literally no other character acknowledges her with vocal lines (though that might also be another point in favour of her being Smash DLC). And while I'm glad that she got probably on of the hardest boss fights in the game (it's what she deserves), I personally just cheesed the fight by playing on custom difficulty heavily weighed in my favour. I just really don't like Rex (for the broken strategies involving him) or the battle system enough to bother doing this the "proper" way. Other than that, though, I think she got far better artwork than Shulk and Fiora did, and the Overdrive mechanic is quite fun to use, even if Wir Fliegen was drastically shortened.

The story is nothing special, if you ask me. The fact that it has multiple instances that are just straight-up irrelevant filler are probably the least of my problems with it.

I mean, what else should we be rooting for at this point? There are no base game newcomer reveals left, or Assist Trophies, for that matter. As far as Nintendo characters go, Elma actually now has some of the best chances (possibly even better than Bandana Dee), since base Ultimate seems to purposefully ignore any content from Xenoblade X, even music, which is especially jarring.
As for a stage, there's not really much of a common consensus, as far as I know. NLA, Primordia, Noctilum, Oblivia, Sylvalum and Cauldros are all fair game, though I personally believe that a NLA/Primordia mix or Noctilum stage are the most likely. I actually took a couple of screenshots in X a while ago with possible locations for Smash stages, so I might dig that up and edit a link into this post.
As far as I remember you're not forced to use Rex for that battle tho...

So I'm in like chapter 3 I think, I got to the a big fight in that chapter and was about on par with the enemies levels but basically couldn't do much more than scratch them cuz they have crazy moves that like completely disable my characters and stuff. I tried different equips and such, tried playing with different characters, ultimately it got to the point where I am now just going back to previous areas to grind through side-quests and I've noticed something because of it.
In Xenoblade X almost all of the sidequests help to make the world feel like a real lived in place with memorable background and side characters.
In Xenoblade 2 you help strangers you'll never see again collect ingredients to make a pie.

I don't feel like I'm helping people and going on quests, I feel like I'm doing people's chores for them. Plus in XCX it made sense that you would go around town helping people cuz it was basically your chars jobs. In XC2 you're basically an outlaw???
Yeah XcX sidequests were godlike tbh waaaaay better then Xc2 or Xc1

As far as the moves that disable your characters, I'm assuming you mean the ones that Shackle your driver? I'm pretty sure you can seal that with a stone combo...

Calamitas

Smash Champion
As far as I remember you're not forced to use Rex for that battle tho...
Sorry, my wording on that wasn't really all that clear. What I mean is, many strategies you find online to really break the battle system heavily involve Rex and Mythra, or other Blades and arts used by him. And I'd really rather stick with the characters that I actually like, namely Mòrag, Zeke and (somewhat) Nia.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, my wording on that wasn't really all that clear. What I mean is, many strategies you find online to really break the battle system heavily involve Rex and Mythra, or other Blades and arts used by him. And I'd really rather stick with the characters that I actually like, namely Mòrag, Zeke and (somewhat) Nia.
Ooh I get what you mean

To be honest Rex is kind of a ****ty character gameplay wise (not counting dlc blades like fiora or elma). His ONLY good blade is probably Mythra. Unfortunately Mythra is also the best story blade and the stupid-ass blade gacha makes it so you can't really make a team that you really want thats also good without Rex unless you grind for all of them like I did. It's kinda dumb tbh even after that the best driver gameplay wise is ****ing tora. I hate Tora so ****ing much but he's so good gameplay wise its kinda annpying. And Rex is really good with DLC because Fiora and Elma are utterly broken on him. And my two favorite drivers, Morag and Nia, are actually kinda bad with Nia being awful. It kinda sucks so I just run the characters I like unless I'm actually struggling with something lol :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
As someone with very little interest in the Xenoblade 2 base game, I hear good things about Torna. I also really like the look of Team Lora. Is that game worth playing on its own?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I haven't been following this thread closely (I will now!) because I was exclusively in the Isaac support thread, but what is the consensus of the best stage to represent XCX?
Alright, bit late, but here's the post I made a while back about hypothetical stage locations.

While I was at it, I did take a bit of a tour on Mira, and take pictures of various locations that I feel could make for nice Smash stages:

First, there's these cranes on the outer part of NLA. They'd provide a good view of the city, and its most striking landmark, the BLADE Tower is in clear view.

View attachment 168713

Next up, my personal favourite, the floating islands near Tallon Rock, which provide an even better view of the full city, as well as some more of Primordia itself. The edge of Tallon Rock would admittedly be a bit in the way, but I imagine for a Smash stage, that could be moved out of the way.

View attachment 168714

Then I got the two big floating islands over in Oblivia - I'm not really sure which one of them would be best suited, so I took pictures of the view from both of them, as well as pictures of the islands themselves.

View attachment 168715
View attachment 168716
View attachment 168718
View attachment 168719

For Sylvalum, I also got two possible locations: First, the peak just north of the eastern part of Lake Ciel, and second, one of these huge bow things that are all over the place, with a good view of the lake.

View attachment 168720
View attachment 168721

Then, for Cauldros, one of these floating mining stations would probably be best suited, so I went with one just off the west coast of the continent.

View attachment 168722
View attachment 168723

And lastly, for Noctilum. . . I admittedly didn't have much of an idea. Anything near the Divine Roost would be cool, but there's not structure in-game that would really work for that, unless they moved these gigantic branches and leaves over there. Instead, I simply went with the wooden pathways around the middle path of the continent.

View attachment 168724

The sidequests in 2 are honestly a big reason why I don't really like 2 all that much. The NPCs in 2 simply have no personality for the most part, and none of the sidequests really connect to one another. The loss of the type of Affinity Chart that 1 and X had just really hurts the general feel of the world, and makes it feel a lot more disconnected and static. Not even the big late-game event that is essentially the equivalent to the fate of Alcamoth in 1 doesn't really have any of the same weight to it, since there's pretty much no NPCs on there that you could conceivably care about.

Ooh I get what you mean

To be honest Rex is kind of a ****ty character gameplay wise (not counting dlc blades like fiora or elma). His ONLY good blade is probably Mythra. Unfortunately Mythra is also the best story blade and the stupid-*** blade gacha makes it so you can't really make a team that you really want thats also good without Rex unless you grind for all of them like I did. It's kinda dumb tbh even after that the best driver gameplay wise is ****ing tora. I hate Tora so ****ing much but he's so good gameplay wise its kinda annpying. And Rex is really good with DLC because Fiora and Elma are utterly broken on him. And my two favorite drivers, Morag and Nia, are actually kinda bad with Nia being awful. It kinda sucks so I just run the characters I like unless I'm actually struggling with something lol :p
Mhh. I'd really have liked it if there were more playable Drivers in 2, even if it had made the story harder to focus in terms of character focus. I even have an elaborate idea for an AU rewrite of the game that adds Lora to the party, which'd give you a party of six Drivers.

As someone with very little interest in the Xenoblade 2 base game, I hear good things about Torna. I also really like the look of Team Lora. Is that game worth playing on its own?
The story of TTGC can be pretty difficult to follow if you're not familiar with the story of the main game. But in terms of the gameplay, the story DLC fixes just about every major issue I have with th the main game. No Blade gachapon, sidequests actually have a meaning and interesting NPCs to themselves, NPCs are actually connected with one another, most of the bad character design are not present, the protagonist is actually interesting. . . it's just a lot better.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Defintely. I haven't gotten a chance to play through the the whole Torna DLC myself yet, but I hear its quite a tear starter later on. The base game of XB2 alone makes multiple references to the "Aegis War" that the Torna dlc takes place during, and ooooh boy some parts of it are seriously depressing. There are of course still some light hearted moments though.

Team Lora overall is very fun and (this is just my opinion, please don't kill me) has a bit better written characters in the DLC than in the base game. Morag and Pyra/Mythra rock though. Poppi is just precious and must be protected.

CyberSkies

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronax_master
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304
Alright, bit late, but here's the post I made a while back about hypothetical stage locations.

The sidequests in 2 are honestly a big reason why I don't really like 2 all that much. The NPCs in 2 simply have no personality for the most part, and none of the sidequests really connect to one another. The loss of the type of Affinity Chart that 1 and X had just really hurts the general feel of the world, and makes it feel a lot more disconnected and static. Not even the big late-game event that is essentially the equivalent to the fate of Alcamoth in 1 doesn't really have any of the same weight to it, since there's pretty much no NPCs on there that you could conceivably care about.

Mhh. I'd really have liked it if there were more playable Drivers in 2, even if it had made the story harder to focus in terms of character focus. I even have an elaborate idea for an AU rewrite of the game that adds Lora to the party, which'd give you a party of six Drivers.

The story of TTGC can be pretty difficult to follow if you're not familiar with the story of the main game. But in terms of the gameplay, the story DLC fixes just about every major issue I have with th the main game. No Blade gachapon, sidequests actually have a meaning and interesting NPCs to themselves, NPCs are actually connected with one another, most of the bad character design are not present, the protagonist is actually interesting. . . it's just a lot better.
XC2 feels kind of like they sacrificed gameplay, story, and worldbuilding for waifus and gatcha.

Top Bottom