• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Please tell me The Key We’ve Lost is a track in the game as well.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I just added 13 new people to the support list. The total count is 153. Let's keep recruiting more BLADEs!

Thought this would be interesting to share with y'all.

From Xenoblade JP's Twitter:
Elma: 5.3k likes, 3.6k retweets, 103 comments
Shulk & Fiora: 4.7k likes, 3.8k retweets, 67 comments
T-ELOS: 5.6k likes, 4.7k retweets, 134 comments
KOS-MOS: 11k likes, 10.1k retweets, 151 comments

It's good to see Elma is very popular. I'm already seeing a ton of love for her all over: Twitter, YouTube, ResetEra, etc. Just based on Twitter alone, I've already seen a ton of demand for a XCX port and sequel from both the Japanese and Western fans. This bodes well for the future of the X series, IMO. Her appearance in Smash would significantly increase interest for the X series as well. Hoping for the best.

Last edited:

ArkhaosZero

Smash Cadet
Seriously, Elma as a character would rock. She's cool as hell, has a ton of moveset potential, and would help push Xenoblade forward. Plus, she'd likely come with New LA as a stage alongside that rockin' soundtrack.

I've seen mentioned on Reddit that Cross as an Elma Echo would be a possibility. I think that is such a kickass idea. Elma's the most important character in X's story, but Cross is technically the main character, so repping both makes perfect sense.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Having never played any of the Xenoblade games and not having any real idea who Elma is aside from some quick gameplay footage I've seen but was on board just cause the character was cool, the video introducing Elma to XBC2 really sold me on her. Her character design, stylish flair, wonderful voice acting, badass demeanor and moveset potential is just way too good.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately on another forum site I frequent people are already saying Elma's chances are dead since (admittedly) a Smash reveal would've made sense alongside this one.
At the end of the day if Sakurai wants a character playable they will be in and there's no reason to think there is a pattern anymore after no 3rd party newcomer being shown at E3 and Simon not being saved until October to tie into the new season of the Castlevania Netflix series.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Question, while I know there's a lot of debate on if we have seen every stage or not.

But let's assume we have, how do you think this would affect Elma or any other Xenoblade characters not in the first one chance to be in Smash?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Question, while I know there's a lot of debate on if we have seen every stage or not.

But let's assume we have, how do you think this would affect Elma or any other Xenoblade characters not in the first one chance to be in Smash?
It's really a double edged sword. On one hand you would think that not having an X stage would be a problem for her, on the other that would mean that all the remaining newcomers are from series already featured in Smash, so a chance of a new Xenoblade character would also increase.

Royaru

Smash Cadet

As I said pages before, FE has only three stage but they have seven (five without Echo) characters, also in melee there werent stage from FE but we had characters. The number stage mean nothing, Elma could join without stage.

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030

Theoretically, it could be possible that only newcomers from unrepresented franchises got stages. Nothing really suggests that though.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
As I said pages before, FE has only three stage but they have seven (five without Echo) characters, also in melee there werent stage from FE but we had characters. The number stage mean nothing, Elma could join without stage.
That's an interesting point but one I don't think holds up as well.

Although Fire Emblem has only 3 stages, two of them are very generic and one works for 3/7 of the characters

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
If there were no more stages and only characters that can be represented by the current stages. A lot of speculated characters would be disconfirmed.
Even then Guar Plains easily represent all Xenoblade as each game has grassy plains area. (Primordia, Gormott)

Last edited:

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
I may be making a Smash Ultimate Elma speculation video soon. Could anyone help me find sources and the things relating to Hiroyuki Sawano's secret project? I'd appreciate it.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
That's an interesting point but one I don't think holds up as well.

Although Fire Emblem has only 3 stages, two of them are very generic and one works for 3/7 of the characters
So what about other very speculated characters like Geno or Ken?

Geno doesn't fit in any of the mainline Mario stages, and surely not on the Mario Kart ones (one could argue that they could use Paper Mario, but it's grasping since they are different game series, so it isn't different from using Elma on Gaur Plain).

Ken has his own home stage, and since he is American why would he fight on Suzaku Castle?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So what about other very speculated characters like Geno or Ken?

Geno doesn't fit in any of the mainline Mario stages, and surely not on the Mario Kart ones (one could argue that they could use Paper Mario, but it's grasping since they are different game series, so it isn't different from using Elma on Gaur Plain).

Ken has his own home stage, and since he is American why would he fight on Suzaku Castle?
First of all, I don't think Geno is playable, in a way, I'm secretly hoping that the stage list and FF music actually means that he's not playable. But that's just me (but realistically, there are locations in SMRPG I'm pretty sure are stages, see Peach's Castle. And we also have a couple of generic Mushroom Kingdom locations as stages)

But Ken is just silly. Suzaku Castle is still a Street Fighter 2 location and Ken is in Street Fighter 2 (he'd also just be an echo fighter)

I wish Xenoblade had a new stage though.

D

Deleted member

I may be making a Smash Ultimate Elma speculation video soon. Could anyone help me find sources and the things relating to Hiroyuki Sawano's secret project? I'd appreciate it.
I'm 99% sure this is his original tweet:

I just hope the fact that we haven't seen any Xenoblade music on the site + Sawano's potential X remixes = Elma in Smash.

Edit: Link in case it doesn't load.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
I'm 99% sure this is his original tweet:

I just hope the fact that we haven't seen any Xenoblade music on the site + Sawano's potential X remixes = Elma in Smash.

Edit: Link in case it doesn't load.
Thanks! There was also one about Yoko Shimomura having a project around the same time. Do you know anything about that?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I just noticed a thing about Caitlin.
She liked the vast majority of replies under her tweet about Elma in Xenoblade 2, except the ones that namely drop Super Smash Bros.
And another interesting thing is that she did like all the more vague response, like mine "I hope this will not be the only Switch game where we will hear you as Elma... (;".

https://twitter.com/Nonno_Umby/status/1033054665137684482?s=09

IDK if it means anything, but...

Last edited:

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
She liked the vast majority of replies under her tweet about Elma in Xenoblade 2, except the ones that namely drop Super Smash Bros.
And another interesting thing is that she did like all the more vague response, like mine "I hope this will not be the only Switch game where we will her you as Elma... (;".

Not to Jinx anything but I think that's good news. I know people think it may be a bit crazy but I think the fact that she's just ignoring Smash stuff when she mentioned it around 2 weeks ago is very interesting. Perhaps they finally contacted her?

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
Amazing seeing more people now pushing for Elma from just seeing her as a blade. Cmon Sakurai you know what to do :)

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
It's really a double edged sword. On one hand you would think that not having an X stage would be a problem for her, on the other that would mean that all the remaining newcomers are from series already featured in Smash, so a chance of a new Xenoblade character would also increase.
I agree with the latter. Elma not getting a stage does not hurt her chances. She'd be like Ridley and KKR--a new character for a series already in Smash that has a stage/s.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thanks! There was also one about Yoko Shimomura having a project around the same time. Do you know anything about that?
I ran an advance search on her March 2018 tweets and came up with this, which I think is the one you're talking about? I'm not really sure but Google Translate says it roughly means "And what did you record the other day? ! Mr. Yamasaki Kei (@ KeiYamazaki 0913) drum, Strings Shohei Yoshida Strings (@ violin_uchu), Tp. Hayao Ito, Arranger Yuko Komiyama (@ comiyam)! Recording battle song covered w, recorded cool! I'm happy! I am looking forward to the day I can announce it ~".

I think it's about the Vega Stage remix since it appears to tie into this tweet about Ultimate:

Here's what Google Translate says about that one: "Again this time I was allowed to participate in "Super Smash Bros. Smash Bros. SPECIAL"! From "Street Fighter II" it is a self-arrangement of songs of Valog. You can watch it on official website so please check it by all means. I played the piano of the intro while 僭 越 ~!"

Idk Japanese so I could be wrong but I think these are the two you're looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Looooove this (image could be spoiler if you didnt play XC2)

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
And another interesting thing is that she did like all the more vague response, like mine "I hope this will not be the only Switch game where we will her you as Elma... (;".

She also pinned her Tweet confirming that she was playing Elma again.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Well, after over a year of not being on this site, I have returned and after seeing her appear in XB2, all I can say is this:

Elma for Smash.

Please Sakurai?

Last edited:

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
People are looking too much into the Twitter stuff. Her liking posts doesn't mean anything, and plenty of voice actors/creators/whatever have done so in the past even when they didn't end up in smash.
On a more hopeful note, keep in mind that NDA's are a thing. She would be allowed to lie if someone asks her about Smash.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Let's pray that this is foreshadowing:

If she isn't in now I'm gonna fight every single employee at monolithsoft, there's literally no reason to not mention others like Rex and KOSMOS here, and when nia asks who "everyone" is, it goes unanswered, and my mind just went straight to "everyone is here"

They need to quit playin

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
Even if Elma isn't in Smash, I'm very happy to have her in XC2, and if any of y'all missed out on XCX but are getting interested now I hope you do go back and give it a play, even if it means undusting a Wii U. It's not all that much like XC1 or XC2, but it's a very very good game and extremely underrated. Just don't expect mechs straight from the start-line.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I love how they actually gave us additional details about Elma and the hero. It's pretty clear that the hero is originally from Japan (remember New Tokyo from the artbook?). It is sorta implied between her conversation with Zeke and Pandoria that she was in a romantic relationship with the hero. She also shared a small but neat background history about her universe.

Also, I totally checked out the Argentum notice board after seeing what the Nopon Archsage said about him writing so many stories about Shulk, Elma, and Rex being together... He's a big fat liar... It's just stupid Falala on the board... :joyful:

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
That's not a bad thing though. I felt like they introduced Mechs at the perfect time.
Absolutely, I agree. I avoided all information on XCX before it came out, the most I knew is that it had mechs but I wasn't sure if it was cinematic, just a regular vehicle, or whatever. I think a lot of people see Skells and expect them from the start, but if you go in not expecting that then you can appreciate the feel of progression.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I have to be honest with you guys. The first time or two I played through XCX I wasn't sold on much of what that game had to offer, but as I got to know the characters, journey through the plot, and do awesome things such as getting a bad ass mech, I realized it was a real gem. Elma in particular was one of my favorite characters for multiple reasons and it'd be wonderful to see her game get representation in Smash as well.

I'm probably not saying anything that hasn't already been said, but I can't help it. I'm hyped and am very tempted to start up X again while we wait for her possible announcement. At the very least, Ultimate needs to have X music or else it will be a badly missed opportunity.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
That's not a bad thing though. I felt like they introduced Mechs at the perfect time.
The way mechs are introduced is done really well imo, if you had mechs right at the start it would lessen the impact of basically being dropped in this unknown and hostile world, and unlocking the mechs and eventually the flight module has a nice sense of progression as it allows you to traverse the land faster and get access to areas you previously weren't able to.

Top Bottom