• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
Feels like the main cast of the party members except for the player avatar and L should naturally have mechs outside of cutscenes from the start but I suppose that would go against the intentions of introducing the world's scale by foot only. (Still have to buy those people their mechs later for gameplay after the license thing, though xD)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Changing the subject, but how would you like to see Elma interact with the other Smash characters?

Of the playable cast, the two characters I could see her interacting with the most are :ultsnake: and :ultsamus:. Snake because of his past life in the military, and the fact that he's dealing with yet another Colonel while in Smash, who this time is a playable character, and Samus because they're both cool Sci-Fi female protagonists who frequently face off against alien threats. Elma would probably respect them both for their various skills, and Samus in particular for her association with the Chozo and her frequent protections of alien life on various planets.

I could also see her disliking both :ultridley: and :ultwolf: since they're exactly the kind of aliens who would be found within the Ganglion's ranks.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Changing the subject, but how would you like to see Elma interact with the other Smash characters?

Of the playable cast, the two characters I could see her interacting with the most are :ultsnake: and :ultsamus:. Snake because of his past life in the military, and the fact that he's dealing with yet another Colonel while in Smash, who this time is a playable character, and Samus because they're both cool Sci-Fi female protagonists who frequently face off against alien threats. Elma would probably respect them both for their various skills, and Samus in particular for her association with the Chozo and her frequent protections of alien life on various planets.

I could also see her disliking both :ultridley: and :ultwolf: since they're exactly the kind of aliens who would be found within the Ganglion's ranks.
Allies: :ultinkling::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultshulk::ultfalcon::ultmegaman::ultsnake::ultzss::ultsimon:
Enemies::ultwolf::ultridley: and maybe :ultkrool:
“Frenemies”: :ultpalutena::ultbayonetta::ultmewtwo:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I don't even think she saw the picture. She just stated that she likes pineapple pizza (which, while I'm Italian and it is seen as a blasphemy here, I like it too).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It means that Caitlin Glass likes pineapple on her pizza. No idea why she would, but it doesn't have anything to do with Smash.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
At this point she is more than aware people are trying to use her to figure out if Elma is in smash haha. People under NDA probably are even getting instructions for how to deal with this.

aarchak

Smash Ace
At this point she is more than aware people are trying to use her to figure out if Elma is in smash haha. People under NDA probably are even getting instructions for how to deal with this.
Yeah, I wouldn't read into any of her tweets. She would obviously be under an NDA and know how to deal with this, looking into her tweets is just a waste of time and would probably drive us crazy.

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Exactly. Playing word games on Twitter is unlikely going to give us clear confirmation if Elma's in or not.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
I mean, it was kinda useful to do it before, but now, especially after the Elma blade leak/datamine and people mentioning it to her, she now knows people will try to get info from her. Seems a strategy that is less likely to work now unfortunately.

Oh, btw, the tease on that pic of the Nopon archsage, damn, lol.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I have no idea what it means, honestly.
UUGGGHHH! She’s one of THOSE people... (I’m kidding). No but did you guys see? It felt that she avoided the tweet that mentioned of Elma in Smash Ultimate. Or that’s what it seemed. But it clearly looks like she is under NDA and that Elma might actually be playable.

EDIT: Or I’m just crazy from not knowing Elma is in and how she would look like in Smash.

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
UUGGGHHH! She’s one of THOSE people... (I’m kidding).

No but did you guys see? It felt that she avoided the tweet that mentioned of Elma in Smash Ultimate.

Or that’s what it seemed. But it clearly looks like she is under NDA and that Elma might actually be playable.
Considering she knows we're trying to get info off her, she may be just avoiding them to throw us off the trail here. We don't really know what the situation is.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I mean even if Elma is not in Smash her answer didn't relate to anything other then pizza, she likely didn't see the other part of the post about Smash or see any reason to comment on it. If I were her I probably wouldn't comment either way to avoid any unintended consequences of saying anything.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Sort of on topic here, but after playing a bit of Xenoblade 2 and trying the Overdrive mechanic, it got me thinking: can you stack Elma’s Overdrive with Zeke’s Shining Justice? If so, I can only imagine how batsh*t crazy the damage output is!

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
After watching that XC2 trailer so many times, I keep wondering how they'd do a smash trailer

"So, you're my enemies then"
Sees 70-something Smash characters
"They really did crank up the difficulty this time..."

aarchak

Smash Ace
I've been wondering how they would do an Elma reveal, and all I've figured out is that Bowser would die somewhere in there.

Edit: like the Shulk reveal.

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
After watching that XC2 trailer so many times, I keep wondering how they'd do a smash trailer

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! *-*

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I've been wondering how they would do an Elma reveal, and all I've figured out is that Bowser would die somewhere in there.

Edit: like the Shulk reveal.
Bowser lands in Primordia after Shulk Back Slashes him off Gaur Plains, Elma appears in her Skell, shoots him up, and jumps out.
ELMA KICKS THINGS INTO OVERDRIVE

Royaru

Smash Cadet

If We consider how Sakurai make the reveals trailers...It is so likely and will be really really cool.
About Caitlin... I think is useless to talk her, if Elma is in Smash she cant say anything, and if she is not in the game and she say it... Well it will be a spoiler and no one want it.
In my opinion , it so so fun theorize until the very end.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I was thinking for, Elma's possible reveal, that it could possibly be a continuation on the Ridley trailer where she allies with ZSS to fight Ridley.

Then perhaps after the fight or at the end of the trailer there would be a scene where Elma says, "I never imagined this is where life would take me." As it cuts to the Smash logo.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
I am not really a fan of Xenoblade in any way. the gameplay never really caught my interest in the first game, and i got really bored really quick when i played it. due to that i haven't touched another Xenoblade since.

this in mind, Elma is the one character from the Xenoblade series i'd love to see join smash bros.. I love her design, and after her reveal as DLC for Xenoblade 2, i can't help but like her even more despite knowing practically nothing about her, or the franchise she's a part of.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Seems like they did really well with Elma's Blade trailer with all these responses.
So monolith how's that port coming along?

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Annoying question: Has the Monado appeared in XCX? I don't recall seeing it when I played through it, but it's the only Xenoblade game I played, so I might've missed it. I guess, my thought here is... would the Xenoblade series symbol still be the main weapon from one game in the series?

Just wondering for the sake of Elma's actual likelyhood.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Annoying question: Has the Monado appeared in XCX? I don't recall seeing it when I played through it, but it's the only Xenoblade game I played, so I might've missed it. I guess, my thought here is... would the Xenoblade series symbol still be the main weapon from one game in the series?

The sword of legendaryness was found and looked after by some nopon in a certain quest.
Lin also found hair clips sold by some random nopon and stole them.
There have been references to Xenoblade Chronicles in X.

"Can we make more Hom Homs?" Tatsu is the most well developed character ever in X.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

The falchion is only in a few fire emblem games yet it's still the series symbol, it doesn't really matter

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard

No, the Monado itself doesn't appear, but it is referenced. At any rate, Idon't think it should be a problem using it as the series logo since Fire Emblem still uses Marth's Falchion

Edit: Greninja'd again.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Elma
The sword of legendaryness was found and looked after by some nopon in a certain quest.
Lin also found hair clips sold by some random nopon and stole them.
There have been references to Xenoblade Chronicles in X.

"Can we make more Hom Homs?" Tatsu is the most well developed character ever in X.
*gasp* So it was the Nopon Archsage all along! He's the reason Tatsu and the Nopon of XCX even knew about Frontier Village and the Homs.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I am not really a fan of Xenoblade in any way. the gameplay never really caught my interest in the first game, and i got really bored really quick when i played it. due to that i haven't touched another Xenoblade since.
The first Xenoblade is really slow, I'll admit. I actually put it down after about four hours of a nonstop tutorial, and didn't come back until a year later (I'm glad I did).

X gets going a lot faster, and there's a heavier focus on combat. They give you a ton of options for what kind of loadout you can use, and what Arts you can have, both on foot and in your Skell. It's a huge step up from the mainline games.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

this in mind, Elma is the one character from the Xenoblade series i'd love to see join smash bros.. I love her design, and after her reveal as DLC for Xenoblade 2, i can't help but like her even more despite knowing practically nothing about her, or the franchise she's a part of.
I urge you to give it another try tbh, the beginning is pretty slow and drags on for quite a while but when it gets good man does it get good, that goes for both story and the environments you're exploring

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
The first Xenoblade is really slow, I'll admit. I actually put it down after about four hours of a nonstop tutorial, and didn't come back until a year later (I'm glad I did).

X gets going a lot faster, and there's a heavier focus on combat. They give you a ton of options for what kind of loadout you can use, and what Arts you can have, both on foot and in your Skell. It's a huge step up from the mainline games.
But most importantly, the fashion meta is at its highest in the franchise. Acquiring clothes/armor is the true endgame!

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Eh, both Ridley and K. Rool have new victory themes. I think Elma will get her own. K. Rool's even sounds like ACE+'s take on Gangplank Galleon, so Sawano might've recorded a victory theme for her during his recording session.

KafkaKomedy

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 8371 3981 5803
Xenoblade Chronicles X was the Xeno game I played the most and I feel as if Elma would be super fun to play as, so I'm throwing in my support.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Eh, both Ridley and K. Rool have new victory themes. I think Elma will get her own. K. Rool's even sounds like ACE+'s take on Gangplank Galleon, so Sawano might've recorded a victory theme for her during his recording session.
You know, that does remind me of this "High Quality Video Game Rip" by SiIvagunner.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Imo I think it may be the latter “chorus” snippet of THEMEX for Elma. I’ll post a reference vid later.

Top Bottom