• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
.Shame his X opinion is WRONG.
Lets say different :p

So people are supposedly data mining early copies or something and they’re saying there is no X music whatsoever in base...make of that what you will.

do however let me know if like Fiora’s model in Shulk’s Final Smash has like alternate palettes or something like how Chrom’s FS model will depending on the playable variant’s on field palette
Interesting

But there is so much false rumors on Internet I'll be careful with that.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So people are supposedly data mining early copies or something and they’re saying there is no X music whatsoever in base...make of that what you will.

do however let me know if like Fiora’s model in Shulk’s Final Smash has like alternate palettes or something like how Chrom’s FS model will depending on the playable variant’s on field palette
Do you have any direct source on this?

Icana

Smash Apprentice
So I was just recently thinking, using the limit that the DLC characters will be characters that are not present in Smash Ultimate in any way, shape, or form, and so far, I've only got a few in mind that can make sense, and have not yet been seen as spirits (to my knowledge), plus would seem like potential 'Nintendo' picks.

One of those characters that came to mind was Cross from Xenoblade X. While Elma is, more or less, the main character of the main story in the game, the game at large focuses on Cross/the Avatar. Smaller Side-Quest NPC's are mostly assumed to be talking to Cross, the bigger Kizuna/Affinity missions are focused on Cross as MC (and are arguably the core of the game experience) and the game-play is more centered on Cross as well, having access to all classes, move-sets, and is absolutely required in the party at all times.

For Smash, Cross would benefit in having many different selectable skins/outfits across male and female similar to the Inklings. How far they'd go to customize each look, I don't know. I'd imagine a different face with each outfit/color across male and female would be a lot of work for the development team.

The other benefit of Cross is pulling a move-set from the full spectrum of Xenoblade X, instead of just one class. They could potentially add different voices for each skin as well.

The only negative side of Cross I'm thinking of is that... even for an avatar character, he/she is very void of personality/emotion. Even against other silent protags like Link, Villager, and the Inklings, outside of soul voices and battle cry's during game-play, within the story, Cross shows no character whatsoever. The player doesn't really have much tools to show their own personality within the story or side-missions either. The best that was given is a selection of two choices in some scenes that don't affect the outcome in any way. But within game-play, there is much more room given to the player to customize, emote, and generally give Cross some personality.

As for potential ongoing Xenoblade X lore, Cross has an unanswered mystery regarding his/her past and could link to even bigger mysteries within a larger story. For instance, Cross and Yelv may share a past in common and Yelv is present during the final mainstory cutscene in X alongside alternate Elma:

Cross would come with X's music composed by famed composer Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan), and have a stage from X with mechs as a possible stage hazard. None of these elements have been seen in Smash Ultimate at this time (that I'm aware of).

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

Oh didn't know FS Chrom changes his pallette. Only know that people assume he is one of the last finalised characters.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Going back to what was said above: If there IS an X rep, who is to say they'll use Cross instead of Elma? I mean they already have Villager, Robin, Corron and Inkling; they might think Xenoblade could use another avatar-type of character.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Nah

Avatar like Corrin or Robin have emotions and are really active in the story, which is not the case of Cross. Elma is pretty much the face of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Nintendo and Monolith included her in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC instead of Cross. People are more familiar with her than Cross.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Going back to what was said above: If there IS an X rep, who is to say they'll use Cross instead of Elma? I mean they already have Villager, Robin, Corron and Inkling; they might think Xenoblade could use another avatar-type of character.
I guess it's possible, but I can't help but feel I'll be a little let down unless they get a bunch of the different voice actors to reprise their roles as the voices of Cross and they have a WIDE range of designs.

I don't know, it feels weird to rep X with a Cross you can't customize fully. Villager and Inkling have less options and are more easily repped by a set of eight costumes than Cross would be in my opinion because their bodies are the same. It'd just feel...weird.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
If Cross was the face of X, he/she would have been DLC for XB2.

Cross is like Mark from FE7 in that he is a lens for the player, but the main character is Elma.

Elma imo also has better appeal, because I known ton of people that disliked X, but most of them agreed that Elma was a good character and that she has alot unexplored stuff to make her into one of the most interesting Xenoblade in general, but we need that sequal ASAP

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Looks like datamines are finally happening, the music is the focus right now. Hopefully this will finally reveal to us whether X music is in the base game or not.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I guess it's possible, but I can't help but feel I'll be a little let down unless they get a bunch of the different voice actors to reprise their roles as the voices of Cross and they have a WIDE range of designs.

I don't know, it feels weird to rep X with a Cross you can't customize fully. Villager and Inkling have less options and are more easily repped by a set of eight costumes than Cross would be in my opinion because their bodies are the same. It'd just feel...weird.
doesn't Cross have so many different weapon combinations too thanks to the class system? Too many, in fact...

aarchak

Smash Ace
doesn't Cross have so many different weapon combinations too thanks to the class system? Too many, in fact...
Yeah, there's 12 different weapons to choose from, and you can pick from 2 at once. If you want to pick just one set, the Drifter weapons (Assault Rifle and Knife) are probably the best choices, but least interesting. Plus, there's so much more customization that I don't know how you'd even do all that.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah, to me the appeal of Cross was that they were so customizable and you could play them in any way. A Cross that, for example, is male and uses knives does not in any way represent my female Cross that used guns. It'd be a mixed bag for me because it just wouldn't feel like the best representation of X.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be entirely opposed to the inclusion of Cross as a representative for Xenoblade X, but. . . eh. While it didn't really bother me in the game itself, I feel like they'd be just way too much of a blank slate to really work in Smash. That, and I'm not too big a fan of the default female Cross' design.

Looks like datamines are finally happening, the music is the focus right now. Hopefully this will finally reveal to us whether X music is in the base game or not.
At this point, it'd be nothing short of a miracle if any music from X was already in the game, tbh. We've seen the track list in the Direct and we've seen Lin's Spirit battle, and there was nothing in sight.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Yeah, there's 12 different weapons to choose from, and you can pick from 2 at once. If you want to pick just one set, the Drifter weapons (Assault Rifle and Knife) are probably the best choices, but least interesting. Plus, there's so much more customization that I don't know how you'd even do all that.
Well most people only used Longsword + dual guns Cross, to snap the game in half postgame :p and there where other disgusting combo's to.

But yeah Cross has access to all arts

aarchak

Smash Ace
Well most people only used Longsword + dual guns Cross, to snap the game in half postgame :p and there where other disgusting combo's to.

But yeah Cross has access to all arts
A shame they were the best weapons too, because I loved the beam saber and wish it had more to it than melee arts that chain together and a healing art.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Crunchii himself is uploading datamined music onto his YouTube so if he says it it must be true

Question is, is the X music held back for Elma DLC or...?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
You know, Sony also owns the Xenoblade X OST. There's dead links and talks about Sony claiming the music. If Square and their composers are stingy about Final Fantasy receiving any content but the bare minimum, maybe Sony went the same route with Xenoblade X. Why would they do this? Who knows. Sony's been acting weird lately.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
You know, Sony also owns the Xenoblade X OST. There's dead links and talks about Sony claiming the music. If Square and their composers are stingy about Final Fantasy receiving any content but the bare minimum, maybe Sony went the same route with Xenoblade X. Why would they do this? Who knows. Sony's been acting weird lately.
After their inclusion in XC2 I really doubt that licensing was an issue.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
That's a story from 2015. And honestly, that reasoning for not having of the music in Smash sounds like it's reaching. A lot.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Crunchii himself is uploading datamined music onto his YouTube so if he says it it must be true

Question is, is the X music held back for Elma DLC or...?
TBH this is the best thing that could have happened to us since we know that DLC fighters will feature new songs.

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet
well music might not be in the game if they want to release it with elma, but what concerns me is that....what if elma is not dlc? we will not have xcx music and that would suck so much, now more then ever i hope she is dlc

D

Deleted member

While I do think that lack of music helps Elma, make sure you don't get too cocky. Lack of content is what excited Isaac fans in Smash 4 and pre-release Ultimate and eventually lead to their downfall. This probably helps Elma's chances, but after what happened to Isaac's fans? As Nia would say, "We have to be EXTRA careful from now on".

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm not gonna take this as a yes or no. I'm just excited to get that Elma spirit and level her up!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
While I do think that lack of music helps Elma, make sure you don't get too cocky. Lack of content is what excited Isaac fans in Smash 4 and pre-release Ultimate and eventually lead to their downfall. This probably helps Elma's chances, but after what happened to Isaac's fans? As Nia would say, "We have to be EXTRA careful from now on".
Maybe, but unlike Golden Sun, Xenoblade already has playable representation in the game. An unrepresented game series having things from it ignored isn't as much of a noteworthy thing as one game from a series consisting of three entries being ignored.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
well music might not be in the game if they want to release it with elma, but what concerns me is that....what if elma is not dlc? we will not have xcx music and that would suck so much, now more then ever i hope she is dlc
Like I said before if Elma doesn't make it in as DLC, the only thing that can destroy her is if Takahashi doesn't care in completing X. Elma unlike Rex & Pyra still has a chance for the next Smash, unless XCX2 didn't happen in the next 6-10 years

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Ugh, some folks at Gamefaqs are pretty happy at the lack of X music.
It's Gamefaqs. That's nothing new.

As far as the "no XCX music" goes, I'm.. cautiously optimistic. It definitely increases her DLC chances, but that doesn't mean she a lock... not even close.

It's fine to get your hopes up... but don't get TOO confident.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
It's Gamefaqs. That's nothing new.

As far as the "no XCX music" goes, I'm.. cautiously optimistic. It definitely increases her DLC chances, but that doesn't mean she a lock... not even close.

It's fine to get your hopes up... but don't get TOO confident.
I'll be the one to go on a limb and say someone from Xeno is getting in. Elma is just more likely imo cause I still believe they chose the dlc way before.

D

Deleted member

Gamefaqs is garbage lmao

I used to go there but then they said I only support Elma because I find her hot like I dont even like most girls wtf

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
By the way,
The Wonderful 101 has music in the game.

That's a way more obscure Wii U title, but it still gets some acknowledgement. If Elma isn't DLC, I'm going to feel a little bit upset at the Xenoblade music section. 11 tracks? Compared to Fire Emblem's 40. The music in Fire Emblem never really stuck out to me in the same way that Xenoblade's did. I suppose that we are getting like 26 Splatoon tracks, so at least there's that for me personally.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
By the way,
The Wonderful 101 has music in the game.

That's a way more obscure Wii U title, but it still gets some acknowledgement. If Elma isn't DLC, I'm going to feel a little bit upset at the Xenoblade music section. 11 tracks? Compared to Fire Emblem's 40. The music in Fire Emblem never really stuck out to me in the same way that Xenoblade's did. I suppose that we are getting like 26 Splatoon tracks, so at least there's that for me personally.
To be fair Fire Emblem always was huge in Japan and Japan is still imo the main focus for Smash overall

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Gamefaqs is garbage lmao

I used to go there but then they said I only support Elma because I find her hot like I dont even like most girls wtf
Yeah, I support Elma because she's just awesome all around and would be a perfect addition to Smash.

But she is like really hot tbh

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I support Elma because she's just awesome all around and would be a perfect addition to Smash.

But she is like really hot tbh
I mean I can see how she can be someone's type she's just not mine lol

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I just realized Elma is 29. Damn she’s almost 30...

Anyways, on topic. XCX has no music in Smash. Now I don’t know if it’s a good thing because it could mean that Sakurai just didn’t care about X... BUT, the fact that we don’t have any X songs when 2 did is definitely eye browing, and could be the result of an Elma Set later on.

I say that we’re still going strong. Of course, if Elma wasn’t a spirit then we’d be even better than before. But at this point, with how many spirits that are apparently popping that could well go into the thousands, I think they know that if they left someone like Elma out, it would definitely garner a lot of attention. Sakurai and Nintendo even admitted at how fans are able to piece together a lot of things.

Top Bottom