• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I don't think any Xenoblade game got nominated in the past for VGA either. (could be wrong, but the original was Boycotted in the US by Gamestop when it first released)
Xenoblade Chronicles X was nominated for best RPG at VGA 2016 even though it was released in 2015. But it lost to a Witcher 3 expansion.

As for the one who said about fixed characters, we have, it is Elma. X give us both fixed a.d avatar. Elma is great, Cross can be improved. What I wrote up there is a way to improve cross.

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Xenoblade Chronicles X was nominated for best RPG at VGA 2016 even though it was released in 2015. But it lost to a Witcher 3 expansion.

As for the one who said about fixed characters, we have, it is Elma. X give us both fixed a.d avatar. Elma is great, Cross can be improved. What I wrote up there is a way to improve cross.
Elma is the main character, Cross is the lens that observes the story(basically the tactician of Fire Emblem 7, but unlike him, Cross is playable and as broken as 10 Awakening Robins xD))

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
It sounds like you do not know what "boycott" means...
Well whats the correct word then.

People had to hold a petition to get the game localised in the first place, and the only way to get that game was at Gamestop for scalperprices in the US.

Xenoblade also was released in the US when the Wii basically was on its way out, with zero promotion, which showed Nintendo of America didn't really care about it that much.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Fairly off topic but found this video of a xenoblade x speedrun that is very recent!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=36aR16QCzWQ&t=21s

So nice to see people still playing it, and it was done in a charity event? It is what the description says more or less.

Also watchmojo just released a video of video games that should be adapted to anime and Xenoblade series got number 2!!!

They just showed footage from 1 and 2 though, so I think it is a good idea to show X love in the comments there.

I kinda like to give support to X stuff, sorry for the off topic, but I think some here do this too XD.

D

Deleted member

Fairly off topic but found this video of a xenoblade x speedrun that is very recent!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=36aR16QCzWQ&t=21s

So nice to see people still playing it, and it was done in a charity event? It is what the description says more or less.

Also watchmojo just released a video of video games that should be adapted to anime and Xenoblade series got number 2!!!

They just showed footage from 1 and 2 though, so I think it is a good idea to show X love in the comments there.

I kinda like to give support to X stuff, sorry for the off topic, but I think some here do this too XD.
Damn bro I know that XC1 is iconic and XC2 is super popular but does X get ANY recognition at all?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Damn bro I know that XC1 is iconic and XC2 is super popular but does X get ANY recognition at all?
Yeah, I was happy happy to see xenoblade up there, and they said, xenoblade series, so even better but while they were speaking, only footage of 1 and 2 were shown and I was, really, this again.

So I praised the video but my idea for a xenoblade anime was based on the short stories of Xenoblade X released by Monolith Soft before X Japanese launch. That would be perfect for a great Sci fi series and the best option for an anime from the series. Did that to somewhat counterbalance the lack of X footage in the video.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I was happy happy to see xenoblade up there, and they said, xenoblade series, so even better but while they were speaking, only footage of 1 and 2 were shown and I was, really, this again.

So I praised the video but my idea for a xenoblade anime was based on the short stories of Xenoblade X released by Monolith Soft before X Japanese launch. That would be perfect for a great Sci fi series and the best option for an anime from the series. Did that to somewhat counterbalance the lack of X footage in the video.
really they should just release anime movies for all three games, one for each game. Do Takahashi justice

also a xenosaga anime would be badass but they would need like 7 movies for that

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
really they should just release anime movies for all three games, one for each game. Do Takahashi justice

also a xenosaga anime would be badass but they would need like 7 movies for that
99% sure there was a Xenosaga anime, though it may have been shortlived.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Now talking about X, I have been thinking things that could be done in a port to make more people like it, and I thought of something that may be polemic, and I what to hear your opinion on that.

What if the avatar creation has to go through some changes to make adding voices for cross, possible?

I said sometims ago that people would prefer if the avatar in X could interact like the avatars in mass effect. One thing that could be done, to achieve it, is doing some changes to the avatar options.

They could make it more akin to pokemon, where the frame of the boy or girl, is kinda fixed, but you can change, color, hair, pupils, and add some face painting. And at maximum, some degree of hight modification. But just one frame /build face for boy and one for girl, and just one voice for it. This way it would be easier to animated the face, for dialogues, since there is just two faces rather than all the possibilities of the original X. And thanks to this fixed frame, a fixed voice would not look off. So with this, cross would be voiced, so when you pick a line, he would actually say it, with expressions and all, and would also talk in parts with fixed text.

This way two problems people had with X would be fixed. Silent avatar, and clash in art style (since some builds of the avatar creation did not fit with the rest of the art style).

So, on one hand we would lose some degrees of customization, but on the other we would win a much more strong presence for cross while still being an avatar. Would you guys be okay with this.

I don't think that would be a problem for X newcomers, but for people who played the Wii U version, that is something to wonder.

I think this would be a positive change all things considered.
Sounds pretty good, though I did like pretending that I was basically a helpful alien which was why I was silent (and my Cross had pruple eyes in heavy black eye shadow, massive curly pink moustache witth pink spiky hair, was super short and wore a diving breather the whole game).

I forget that you can even have a male Cross. Me and all my friends played female and one of my friends did a bunch of art of her OC interacting with the cast so she's kind of the default Cross in my mind.
I just did it pretty much entirely for the curly moustache face paint.

https://i.imgtc.com/9X06jCl.jpg

This means nothing officially, but I thought I'd share anyway. These are the results of the Smash subreddit's top 50 most wanted DLC poll, which took in over 6,000 votes (so not a complete picture, obviously, but it gives us a decent idea of where the community's mindset is). Elma finished at #20, so not up there with the heavy-hitters like Banjo, Geno or Sora, but people definitely know who she is.
When you take out the disconfimed ones she moves up to top 15 which is pretty good. Especially since she's right behind 2 that are pretty much only there because of the Grinch Leak.

I was actually decently happy with that list, not often do people put votes in for Master Chief which I think is a shame because of what he represents to FPS's to western audiences. Also got Spyro and Travis making the list is super cool, and it gives Heihachi the respect he deserves as a character too. I'm honestly shocked that Steve made top 10 though. I love it because I hope it means more people are pushing past 'hating what's popular because it's popular'.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Not to mention his in-game model is very VERY rough. Almost as if he was a rush job. If you compare him to the rest of the FE cast you can see how much more blocky he looks.

I seriously think he was added as an echo by popular demand from both fans and developers and Sakurai simply gave in to silence them but preferred not to rework Robin's Final Smash or remove the Mii Costume (since the Costume was pretty much a copy paste job anyway.)
Yeah, apparently his model is the same one used for Robin's Final Smash, so that's why it looks so rough (and why he still appears in that).
And I really hope they clean and refine him trough patches, because he really sticks out.

Sounds pretty good, though I did like pretending that I was basically a helpful alien which was why I was silent (and my Cross had pruple eyes in heavy black eye shadow, massive curly pink moustache witth pink spiky hair, was super short and wore a diving breather the whole game).

I just did it pretty much entirely for the curly moustache face paint.

When you take out the disconfimed ones she moves up to top 15 which is pretty good. Especially since she's right behind 2 that are pretty much only there because of the Grinch Leak.

I was actually decently happy with that list, not often do people put votes in for Master Chief which I think is a shame because of what he represents to FPS's to western audiences. Also got Spyro and Travis making the list is super cool, and it gives Heihachi the respect he deserves as a character too. I'm honestly shocked that Steve made top 10 though. I love it because I hope it means more people are pushing past 'hating what's popular because it's popular'.
Wait, you could have curly mustache on Cross?! How could I miss that, I love them and always put those on my avatars...

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Yeah, apparently his model is the same one used for Robin's Final Smash, so that's why it looks so rough (and why he still appears in that).
And I really hope they clean and refine him trough patches, because he really sticks out.
He really does... It is a tad bit annoying because I wanted Robin to have a different FS when Chrom was confirmed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
He really does... It is a tad bit annoying because I wanted Robin to have a different FS when Chrom was confirmed.
At least this means Final Smash cameos aren’t deconfirmations anymore

My hope for Fiora has been renewed as a result

aarchak

Smash Ace
Fiora would totally be awesome. Shame that either she uses her less interesting knives or goes full spoilers and uses her late-game equipment.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
And what about how the overdrive was handled in Xenoblade 2 guys.

I recall some people complaim about X because it was a one man/woman game where you could solo everything alone without need for a party.

But in Xenoblade 2, the overdrive counter is shared to the whole party rather than being an individual one, which means having a party helps the counter goes up faster.

I think it would be nice if in a port, we could quickly and easily ask the party members to use overdrive (like we can order the party members to do specials in XC2), the overdrive counter be shared to the whole party, and adjust the overdrive duration so that in order to keep it going for longer, you need to count with the party members more (but since now you can control their overdrive input quickly and efficiently, you don't have to count with their AI).

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Slight repost from the Erdrick thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytSxYtca6lU

This guy nearly predicted the entire Smash roster besides Richter and Ken.

In their place he had Elma and Erdrick. With such accurate predictions I wonder if Elma along with Erdrick will be DLC.

Also as some have said, the lack of Xenoblade Chronicles X content is weird. Previously I didn't think Elma had that much of a chance but who knows.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Slight repost from the Erdrick thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytSxYtca6lU

This guy nearly predicted the entire Smash roster besides Richter and Ken.

In their place he had Elma and Erdrick. With such accurate predictions I wonder if Elma along with Erdrick will be DLC.

Also as some have said, the lack of Xenoblade Chronicles X content is weird. Previously I didn't think Elma had that much of a chance but who knows.
That's... really strange, actually. Did nobody pay attention to him? He missed less newcomers then Vergeben, and even though he missed Elma and Erdrick... they could've been moved to DLC like with Vergeben and the Minecraft content/SE character

Edit: he does say in the description that he doesn't think Elma is likely anymore and Shadow got deconfirmed despite him saying in the description that he thinks Shadow is in. Methinks he's not a leaker if he said that a deconfirmed character is in and he was simply predicting

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Wait, you could have curly mustache on Cross?! How could I miss that, I love them and always put those on my avatars...
You probably missed it because it was under face paint, right at the bottom:

If it doesn't embed properly then it's in the video at 5:05.

Comes with the eyeshadow and a goatee, but looks amazing.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
It's been a bit slow in here recently, huh? Well, seems like a good enough time to post this, then.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I heard murmurs that Hitagi (The one whom Vergeben claims to be reliable) that there will be a DLC character whom uses swords and is a Nintendo character. I heard that and my mind immediately went to Elma with her Dual Swords.

Are those actual saying actually said by Hitagi. Just want to make sure.

D

Deleted member

I heard murmurs that Hitagi (The one whom Vergeben claims to be reliable) that there will be a DLC character whom uses swords and is a Nintendo character. I heard that and my mind immediately went to Elma with her Dual Swords.

Hitagi DID say that she heard of a first party swordfighter, but I also don't Hitagi is legit considering she backtracked on Katalina and Vergeben has yet to support any of her claims specifically.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord

That was said by Hitagi or something among those lines saying “I am the most excited for this sword wielding first party character”

I personally believe hitagi. Verg hasn’t gone out to disprove hitagi and I think both are legitz

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That was said by Hitagi or something among those lines saying “I am the most excited for this sword wielding first party character”

I personally believe hitagi. Verg hasn’t gone out to disprove hitagi and I think both are legitz
ehhh

Verge (he's definitely legit) hasn't DISPROVED Hitagi, but he hasn't PROVED her claims either. He also hasn't gone out of his way to disprove any other leakers iirc, and he has yet to back any of her claims specifically, and Hitagi has backtracked a lot recently with Katalina. I feel like she DOES have sources, Verge said so himself, but she's either being misled or doesn't know how to separate leak bait from the real deal. The only claims from her I believe so far is the SE character and a Microsoft character (probably Steve)

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well then, here's my take on this: Vergeben (I seriously will never be fine with just shortening that word to just Verge, that's not how it works in German) vouching for Hitagi alone is not enough to me. Unless one of Hitagi's DLC leaks comes true, I'm not believing any of them. I just feel like trying to leak DLC characters might be a whole different story from base game stuff.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
And Hitagi said that the sword wielding first party wasn't Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, and (I think) Zelda. Which leaves basically no one, so I'm hesitant to believe it.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Vergeben would of likely called Hitagi out for being fake. They exchange information often according to hitagi. Vergeben would of likely commented on Hitagi’s validity earlier

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Been a while since I posted here, but after Isaac's apparent deconfirmation I still have the tinfoil hat on (^: Elma has become my most wanted with distant-dream Sami trailing second.
I unlocked her in XC2 and I really like her voice and demeanor; was expecting her to be a bit rougher (maybe she's different in X?).

Sad that Monolith said they aren't currently thinking about a Switch port; I was really looking forward to it. Guess we'll have to wait a while.

What's the thread consensus on Elma's chances as one of the DLC characters? Looking pretty good if we take into consideration the 'no X music yet', no?

aarchak

Smash Ace
Been a while since I posted here, but after Isaac's apparent deconfirmation I still have the tinfoil hat on (^: Elma has become my most wanted with distant-dream Sami trailing second.
I unlocked her in XC2 and I really like her voice and demeanor; was expecting her to be a bit rougher (maybe she's different in X?).

Sad that Monolith said they aren't currently thinking about a Switch port; I was really looking forward to it. Guess we'll have to wait a while.

What's the thread consensus on Elma's chances as one of the DLC characters? Looking pretty good if we take into consideration the 'no X music yet', no?
I'm torn. On one hand, she survived the slaughter, is the only remaining major Xeno rep, and there is STILL a major lack of XCX content. However, I don't think she's relevant anymore, and her chances were way higher for base game. I really don't know.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I'm torn. On one hand, she survived the slaughter, is the only remaining major Xeno rep, and there is STILL a major lack of XCX content. However, I don't think she's relevant anymore, and her chances were way higher for base game. I really don't know.
Actually I just thought about how Sakurai said Nintendo made the decision for DLC (and he decided if they were possible), but something about leaving it to Nintendo seems bad for Elma's chances.
That's just made me sad.

Top Bottom