• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Heheh, you might be overrating my programming ability just a tad.

I'd like to be a game designer/programmer, but that's not the kind of thing I'd ever get hired for. I'm more looking into web design, programming, or just general IT stuff.

Problem is that people who aren't at least moderately video game savvy won't be impressed, since they won't understand that putting a character into a Wii game is a feat.

Putting "Fluent in SSBB Coding" could work, as long as they don't ask me to explain it in too much detail :p

But yeah, my priority currently goes toward making a portfolio website and/or making a game to try to sell (unlikely, but I can dream).
dreams are what make men great.
but good luck. and be CONFIDENT!
although, you might be able to find a good game making program to show off some of your knowledge.

caninepikmin432

Smash Rookie
So what exactly do I name all of these files for Zero? I have BBrawl, and there are 5 files, what do I name them all? Does this hack only take up one costume? or does it take up all of his files? Same for Wisp. What do I name the files if I have BBrawl?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
You want to rename FitLinkNonB+.pac to FitLink.pac. You don't need FitLinkB+.pac. The rest of the files are used.

Unfortunately this replaces all Links (same goes for Wisp and Jigglypuff).

caninepikmin432

Smash Rookie
You want to rename FitLinkNonB+.pac to FitLink.pac. You don't need FitLinkB+.pac. The rest of the files are used.

Unfortunately this replaces all Links (same goes for Wisp and Jigglypuff).
How about the FitLink.pac in the fighter folder? does that need to be replaced? Every question here is probably gonna apply to Wisp/Jiggly too.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Yep, you will need to replace that. If you have any file that shares the same name as the ones in the download, it needs to be replaced.

Re: Kamina: coincidentally, my original plan for Zero's final smash was to give him a Giga Drill Breaker and fill the entire screen with Z-Saber, but I could never find a clean sound clip of Kamina shouting it.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Re: Kamina: coincidentally, my original plan for Zero's final smash was to give him a Giga Drill Breaker and fill the entire screen with Z-Saber, but I could never find a clean sound clip of Kamina shouting it.
That Idea might've been better than the current one IMO. :/

I'm not a fan of his final because it basically lasts until the next smashball appears.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
coincidentally, my original plan for Zero's final smash was to give him a Giga Drill Breaker and fill the entire screen with Z-Saber, but I could never find a clean sound clip of Kamina shouting it.
If it's any consolation, I prefer the current final smash more. :)

/post 1337 steal.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Eldiran, are you still making PSA's? Your PSA's have been the best in Brawl-hacking history In my opinion. Are you still working on some, or are you done? :(

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That Idea might've been better than the current one IMO. :/

I'm not a fan of his final because it basically lasts until the next smashball appears.
Yeah, that's always been a bit of a problem...

If it's any consolation, I prefer the current final smash more. :)

/post 1337 steal.
If I ever make a Giga Drill Breaker, it will be as an alternative to a FS that is actually something Zero does.

Eldiran, are you still making PSA's? Your PSA's have been the best in Brawl-hacking history In my opinion. Are you still working on some, or are you done? :(
Why thank you. I still want to make Zero properly, with all custom animations, better moves, etc. It's really just a matter of getting the spare time. Basically, I haven't given up on ever PSAing again, but at the moment I don't have the time to do it.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Why thank you. I still want to make Zero properly, with all custom animations, better moves, etc. It's really just a matter of getting the spare time. Basically, I haven't given up on ever PSAing again, but at the moment I don't have the time to do it.
Darn. :c
I was wondering why I was seeing less and less of you. Well as long as you havent givin up, I'm happy.

And what do you mean you need to finish Zero? He's perfectly balanced, has a complete moveset, HE'S DONE MAN!! COMPLETE!!

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Darn. :c
I was wondering why I was seeing less and less of you. Well as long as you havent givin up, I'm happy.

And what do you mean you need to finish Zero? He's perfectly balanced, has a complete moveset, HE'S DONE MAN!! COMPLETE!!
If he thinks he can do better, let him. Worst case scenario we still have version 1.4. Personally, I think he'll blow us all away once it's released.

KazeKira

Smash Rookie
This is probably the best Brawl character I've seen. Hopefully I can get an Action Replay soon so I may play as him.

Soulstice Music

Smash Cadet
These are among the best custom made characters to date. Eldiran, your characters are highly creative, well made, and very fun to use. My personal favorite is the wisp. The moves are very unique, and due to its lack of arms, and the aconventional attacks you chose, the character is even more novel and refreshing to use.

It's a bit sad to hear that you don't have that much time to hack brawl, but I can't be complaining. The characters you have made will keep me more than entertained until your next release. Great work!

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Ah the good old Zero PSA. Even today it still remains the be by far the best Link PSA to date and easily one of the best PSAs ever. It's just so diverse and advanced and it just shows how much Eldiran explored the boundaries of PSA. Whilst others at the time were making their little elemental PSAs, Eldiran was being adventurous and making this, Wisp and Phoenix Mario.

To this day I am still playing as Zero and he will probably have a permenant slot on my SD. You truly are a credit to Brawl hackers Eldiran. I tip my hat off to you.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thank you for the compliments guys! It means a lot to see that people are still enjoying this stuff. Still not givin' up my dream of putting Zero 2.0 into Brawl, but first I'm still working on finding a way to pay the bills...

I didn't make Pheonix Mario, by the way. That was Phantom Wings.

caninepikmin432

Smash Rookie

KazeKira

Smash Rookie
A suggestion for Zero 2.0, I noticed that after the side smash, he still reaches back to retrieve his shield. Another suggestion, I believe his blaster claw shot should remain out and that arm not stay in shield holdin position. None the less, still an awe inspiring hack.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Hey, did you ever fix the Final Smash and D-Throw issues for Manchu? With Phantom Wings nearly having finished the Clone Engine, I wanted to have Manchu as one of my new characters, but with the current FS freeze, it's annoying when I'm playing with items and the CPU Manchu uses a Final Smash and he just sits there.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That is an exceedingly rockin' vertex. Don't know what's up with that left shoulder plate, but odds are that's just BrawlBox...

Still crossing my fingers that I'll get some time to work on him someday soon. If I end up too busy making other things (like actual games hopefully) I'll be sure to shamelessly promote them here so I have excuses for not making Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom