• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edmonton Tournament February 16-17

spindash

Smash Ace
GODLY SID IS GODLY

That would be a huge help man.

I have a bad feeling that teams is gonna fail hard. So many people are talking about not having a team or whatever, and so far the only solid teams are mike/jarrod and carl/shawn.

Hopefully the spirit of St.Valentine will be in the air and enough teams will precipitate.
Oh, you can go right ahead and add me and Frio to the list of solid teams. I hath been saved. XD This is AME all over again, man. :D

OH! Carl, one quick question. The Doubles begin at 12:00, but what time would you suggest us all to tag along? I'm kinda getting the vibe that maybe I should show up at about 11:00. What do you think?

And agreed. Sid is godly. ♥ Much love for him.

And Randall? T'would be absolutely awesome if you could come along. We need moar Weegee action for the win.

This is gonna ROCK!

Jarrod

Smash Ace
Ok so my plan is that Mike drives his tv, my tv, and Steve's tv over there and I'll drive Steve.
We're gonna have more tv's than cubes cause I don't have a cube anymore and don't trust people enough to bring my wii.
Mike and Steve bring cubes?

And no I don't have Brawl. But I wanna effing play!!!

Sid you live close right?
Well just cause Randall doesn't go, doesn't mean one of us can't pick you up with tv's and drive them over.
Or make multiple trips if needed.

But if we put 3 tv's into mikes car then it should be fine I'm sure.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
My computer barely functions right now, but it looks like I will be making this trip (assuming I can coerce the passengers into helping fuel my LANDMASTER!!!!).
I take it back. Sorry for all the mixed information everybody, but it seems that the Smash Ball was beaten out of me and I won't be driving the Landmaster after all. I hope this tournament goes well and I hope that smash has at least a piece of the spotlight. Maybe it'll be considered a real fighting game for a change, at least in the eyes of some.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
GET THERE AT 11AM

and yeah there could be a ct3 style more cubes than TV's bs, so TALK TO ME IF YOU CAN BRING A CUBE AND ARENT ON THAT LIST

spindash

Smash Ace
>.> I hope you know that Randall is my ride too.

Oh and, registration starts at 11, as the first post states.
Ah. XD; Well... >_> I hope you can come too? XDD

And good to know. I'll show up at that time then.

[EDIT]

Wait whut?! RANDALL, NUU!!!

... And Kithkin! Aaagh. XD;;; Dammit.

Jarrod

Smash Ace
You guys don't want to come to Edmonton and smash? It's not a very expensive tourney.
And you can play brawl and smash at carl's house after and have a fun time!
There is no reason to not come and have fun!

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
It's unfortunate that you can't make it Randall, but I understand.

Jarrod, that would be great if you could swing by. I realized today that one of my TVs won't work because the inputs suck (S-video only wtf) so I only have two TVs to bring. I live at 11138-122 st and you can call me at 904-6819

Haha so since Brad is out... I need a teammate? Dan?

Edit: PPL need to bring cubes/wiis. I only have one to bring.

I also didn't know I am a deity...

And... HYPE THIS ****

Levi5

Smash Ace
I dont think there's a single Ritherz post that isn't gold.
though i am dissapointed it's not about roy

mikeyfbi

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, sorry I couldn't make it (my friend and I both worked)

I was only gonna participate in the ssb64 part but wasn't sure when it woulda been going on tho...

but i'd be hella down for another edmonton smash tourny (cash or no cash) whenever...so hit me up if that's going down forsure.

Ritherz

Smash Cadet
FALSEBRAWL

So there was brawl at the tourny.... but they waited till all the good players left to set it up. Way too late. I'm angry at carl, cause everyone left then they brought out the brawl. Carl I'm dedicating my 11th post to hate carl. And yes Carl it's your fault- stupid falsefalco more like FALSEBRAWL

I want a refund! I didn't pay to play in the tourny, I paid to play brawl.

FALSEBRAWL

Stevo

Smash Champion
why does everyone get to play brawl but me!!!! :(

also, I would like to say sorry to sid and dan.

but then again,

ITS TOO LATE TAPPOLLOGIZXE!!!!

ITS TOO LAAAAAAAAAATE!

I would never pull out controllers in a real match lol

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Why not brawl singles :(

Also that sucks to hear Vincent. I hope you had a good time yesterday at least!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
wow Brawl is so good. Then again i could just be really happy that Link is finally a good character.... well Toon link that is awww yeahhh!!!

Ritherz

Smash Cadet
wow Brawl is so good. Then again i could just be really happy that Link is finally a good character.... well Toon link that is awww yeahhh!!!
Shiiiiiit. I forgot to try out Jiggs in Brawl.
We all know Ike is teh bomb with all the big explosions
remember what i said about about waiting till all the good players left before setting up brawl. The above proves my point (insert 2nd angry statement) (insert more hatred to carl)

Edit: soz no dan /sid wus fine.

Vitality

Smash Ace
Everyone who was good stayed

My matchup with Dan was a joke...I only got 50% on him both games...Said "pwnt" and finished me with a ken combo

To Lefticle: If you used Jiggies you would've cried why you wasted time playing her.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Ritherz, if you seriously just outwardly insulted three players, I completely lost all respect for you.

was that a joke?

spindash

Smash Ace
Ritherz, if you seriously just outwardly insulted three players, I completely lost all respect for you.

was that a joke?
Tis' the internet. It's always hard to tell if something's a joke or not unless you put, "/sarcasm" or "/joke" or some variation of that. Maybe lol, but in anycase. If Ritherz is kiddin', then he could do a better job at establishing the funnies. :p

If serious? Yes, Carl and others left (the first day I could only attend) and they are good players. Good Melee players, that is. I think it was established in another thread on the forums here. In the grand scheme of things? No one is exactly good on a competitive level from the get-go on an entirely new game. Everybody begins as a n00b in some form. Besides, if you were looking for serious competition with the "good players"? Those good players happened to be too busy having a blast and trying new things, mostly in free for all matches. What's the difference between playing more top-notch Smashers over others who may play competitively/casually/whatever and just want to play; ESPECIALLY if it's just everyone foaming at the mouth over a new game like Brawl? There is none.

So do yourself a favor, Ritherz. If you're actually angry about something as trivial as the "good players" leaving before Brawl got set up, and insulting Alph, Frio, and Lefticle? Keep them to yourself. We don't want to hear it, thank you.

But if you truly were kidding, then I'm just kickin' a dead horse and I'm sorry; but hey! At least I covered both grounds, ya?

On another lighter note!

What a coincidence. :p Yoshi and Luigi are some of my favorites in Melee, but I used Link and Marth and others because I managed better as them. I seem to manage the best with Sonic AND he's my favorite character of anything.

By god, he's so unpredictable. And he's a pretty good chaser with his spring.

Spin Dashing for the win. I've found my main. ♥

[EDIT]

Why yes, I am posting at 4 in the mornin'. Thanks for noticing, Levi. XD

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Ritherz, ya the first day most of the good ppl left before brawl, but did u even get to play me or frio (lefticle wasn't there the first day)? I wouldn't consider myself a "really good smasher" but i am not terrible eaither, and we didn't even play so wtf?

kithkin

Smash Champion
Lolk, lets stop the hate until he clarifys, because if it was a joke, then we are just making everyone look bad.

also, Johnny 5<3
(Rob)

Stevo

Smash Champion
brawl is serious business.
and pretty fun!

tho I was dissapointed that everyone took the brawl tourney so seriously.
Try out random chars for the lulz? no?
oh well

WOLF STYLE!!!

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was one of those people who should have used some other characters yesterday. The first day I played a lot of different characters though...

I definitely wanted to try out some other stages... like, I can't stress enough that it isn't Melee...

Top Bottom