• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edmonton Tournament February 16-17

spindash

Smash Ace
Turns out landmaster isn't even that great >.>. I think out of all of the FS's pikmins and sonics are the best.
Man, those were beastly good. But I think the PK Starstorm has something to say about this. @_@;; Every single time that bugger got let loose on the stage, I would either get relentlessly KO'd, or not make it in time to hang on the side. :p That or maybe it was just the fact that Sid got the Smash Ball practically every time. XD

Lucas is deadly though. I think I can go as far to say as Lucas has the best Up Smash in the game. @_@;

Alphicans

Smash Hero
PK starstorm is good, but on the second day, I evaded it really well, and didn't even get KO'ed a cpl of times, where as pikmin's is impossible to avoid, so no matter what you get damage, and potentially killed, and with sonic's it lasts so long, and is so fast, with large knockback and dmg, I still say olimar and sonic's FS's are the best.

And yes Lucas' Usmash is beastly, but an unexpected powerful Usmash is T.links especially compared Y.links in melee. Also Marths Usmash got buffed >.>.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Lucas's is godly in free for alls, but its not so great 1v1.

also, what are you talking about, Ikes is definately better than sonics and olimars.

marths isnt bad, Luigis is better than you probably think,

I mean its all situational, aside from the few that just suck.

Oh and I had a huge huge post earlier about 4 back, but it didnt post Q_Q

Levi5

Smash Ace
this thread should be moved to brawl discussion HAH!
Carl first
Dan second
that's all i know

oh and only 9 people entered the 1v1 tournament

kithkin

Smash Champion
Sid got third I think.

and team carl and shawn took teams aswell.
followed by jarrod and mike?

there woulda been 3 more if we went :(

Vitality

Smash Ace
Half the game i would be throwing either:

a) Pikmin
b) Waddle Dee
c) Waddle Doo
d) Gordo but most the time they never hit :*(

Lol with Contra, "THROW THAT SH*T!"

Virtuozzo

Smash Rookie
Alphicans was the noob who almost got Contra pissed off and would've stopped brawl -_-

First and only noob to drop a Wii at the tourny

Stevo

Smash Champion
soccer ball is totally better than smash balls

Ball Tier list

-Soccer Ball

High
-smash Ball

mid
-poke Ball

low
-smoke Ball

Honorable mention/God tier
-ganon bulge (balls)

Edit: I was a little too late for the 1v1 tourney :(

but I got 3rd in teams! WEWT WEWT

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Alphicans was the noob who almost got Contra pissed off and would've stopped brawl -_-

Hey man it was an accident geez, i am sry and i believe I immediately said that when i did that, no need to come on here and get all pissy.

FalseFalco

Smash Master

Although it was Alphicans' bad for tripping over the cord, it was partly Contra's karma for putting it standing up teetering at the edge of the table.

Then once moved to the ground, Contra was complaining that it would get stepped on or something. Either way there was no harm done (I hope) and I'm sure we can all get over it.

kithkin

Smash Champion
soccer ball is totally better than smash balls

Honorable mention/God tier
-ganon bulge (balls)
I hate to break it to you, but the bulge got chopped in brawl. its flat as ever now.

Oh and guys leave it be, at randalls cubes/wiis fall almost 3 times every event.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Seriously though, comparison is like:

edit: smashboards sucks at spaces

Anyways, old ganon is basically five times the size of saturn, and new ganon is a termite.

Vitality

Smash Ace
Ok boys and girls, Tournament results will be delayed. This is due to people simply ignoring my PMs

Get those replies back!!11!11one!

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
You do realize i NEVER got MY money back from that place right.

I also tried to ask him if i could pay him in small amounts, by offering $50 when i could. He declined, saying he wanted it all back all at once.

Sorry I;m not rich, I just paid for the venue this year with the little money i had and the rest came from everyone else.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
thats not carl's problem, aside from ur own problems, in the end u still owe him his money.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
thats not carl's problem, aside from ur own problems, in the end u still owe him his money.
1: i think is hilarious that this guy neglects to add the rest of the conversion.

I had tried many times to meet him half way and say "hey I can give you 50 now and 50 in a little bit I'm tight on money. he declined, if he is going to be stubborn with the payment methods and typically wants it ONLY his way, then you'll have to forgive me if i don't oblige him in that fashion.

If he isn't willing to accept any sort of payment towards a debt thats owed to him, he is leaving himself limited as to how he would be compensated.

I told him how it was and how i would go about paying him. He declined . So that really isn't something I'm going to lose sleep over. Not to mention that he had said not even a few months back, that he did not want his money back. Nothing was stolen from him. He declined the money.

IMO, if someone owes money, and I ask for it, then they tell me, I have only 50% of that money now, i can only give you that FOR NOW. I would gladly accept the money I could get in the meantime., Then I would want to know when the next payment could be expected. Being anal about the whole thing doesn't help the situation.

The whole reason I tried to have melee at WCC2 was because I felt it would have good numbers and it was a great venue. I will have brawl how ever, and the numbers of people who are already interested in it s staggering. its just a shame that Carl has been so ignorant about this issue. Obviously I have no desire further this discussion, as it as become quite obvious to me that Carl is really not interested in being paid any sort of money and has resorted to slandering my name. That is fine. You guys take care and if anyone does want to hit up wcc2 and play brawl just check our site out at

edmontongamers.com

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
***** ***** whine moan my life is so horrible
What Ms. Shiro doesn't realize is how stupid and unreasonable his position on this whole issue is.

Let's do an analysis.

Carl: Where's my $100

Shiro: Dun have it.

(At this point, there is a breach of trust no matter who was at fault)

Shiro: I'ma pay u $50 now and $50 later

Carl: ***** please $100 upfront

(Perfectly reasonable. It's not up to the loaner to negotiate a payment schedule. Try telling your bank that you'll pay a mortgage over 80 years.)
*1 year later*

Everyone: Shiro is a douche.

Shiro: y u hatin on meh I have so much debt I offered two payments of $50 on x number of occasions and he refused so wah

What we can conclude from this is that Shiro has never at one point during the past year had $100 liquid, which is quite sad. Even saving that $50 on x number of occasions just twice seemed like a bad idea for some strange and ridiculous reason. When asked why, I just got the same old bills rent funeral food baby homeless excuse that he's been giving this whole time, which is complete ****. More specifically,
if tha 50 is sitting around and then i need it for food then im going to buy food my baby needs to eat
How can I prove that this is complete ****? Let's assume that Carl accepted the option demand of having two payments of $50. Carl takes $50. Now, Shiro's baby can't eat because that $50 is gone. When this was brought up...
when you got no money you just hustle you way threw till the next payday comes
WELL WELL!!! Why not be honourable and do that twice to pay off a debt? You're obviously willing to do this once (and I guess twice, because you'd have to do it again for the next $50). Let us compare two scenarios side by side.

SCENARIO 1
Carl accepts $50. "Hustle." Carl accepts $50 later. "Hustle."

SCENARIO 2
Carl only accepts $100 upfront. Shiro sets $50 aside. "Hustle." Shiro sets another $50 aside. Pay out to Carl. "Hustle."

VerizonMath!! As we can see, both scenarios are pretty much THE EXACT SAME! Same amount of "hustling" both times! But because of selfishness, one party (Shiro) refuses to let $50 sit around.

There's a certain level where respect for a person goes out the window, and it has nothing to do with financial status. When you are untrustworthy, unreliable, selfish, and have not an ounce of integrity, how can you expect anyone to respect you or your wishes?

FUNFACT!
$0.28 a day for one year will gather $100.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
shiro420, I hope you actually take the time to read this and recognize my position on this whole thing:

It seems you still don't understand what this is about. This is no longer about you giving me my money back. I gave up on that around the time you started making massive consecutive excuses about your financial status and trying to guilt trip me into accepting your terms of payment.

Once again, you don't get brownie points for TRYING to stick to the deal. No one cares how hard you TRIED to accomplish something, if you've failed you've failed. Simple as that.

Let me once again explain what this is about: I gave you money up front to run your tournament on the condition that you return my payment guaranteed at the end of the tournament. You failed to stick to this agreement. It's as simple as that. It's not about me "lying", it's not about you "stealing" it's about your failure and how it affects the way I want to interact with you now. In fact, I'm 100% sure I don't want to interact with you now. And you should know that trying to tell me what my conditions SHOULD be is definitely not making you look good. It's a good thing you "don't give a **** at this point" because if you did you would be making terrible progress.

1: i think is hilarious that this guy neglects to add the rest of the conversion.

I had tried many times to meet him half way and say "hey I can give you 50 now and 50 in a little bit I'm tight on money. he declined, if he is going to be stubborn with the payment methods and typically wants it ONLY his way, then you'll have to forgive me if i don't oblige him in that fashion.
Actually I don't have to forgive you. Only someone entirely faithful in the good will of the human race (a complete chump) WOULD forgive you. Sorry but you'll have to forgive me; I'm not keen on getting played like a chump. Something you can't seem to grasp.

shiro420 said:
If he isn't willing to accept any sort of payment towards a debt thats owed to him, he is leaving himself limited as to how he would be compensated.
Limited to the terms we agreed on. Your point?

shiro420 said:
I told him how it was and how i would go about paying him. He declined . So that really isn't something I'm going to lose sleep over. Not to mention that he had said not even a few months back, that he did not want his money back. Nothing was stolen from him. He declined the money.
Typically the person lending determines the terms of payback. In fact there is never a reasonable case in any loaning relationship where the person receiving the money determines how he wants to pay it back. I'm sorry that you think differently, I really am.

shiro420 said:
IMO, if someone owes money, and I ask for it, then they tell me, I have only 50% of that money now, i can only give you that FOR NOW. I would gladly accept the money I could get in the meantime., Then I would want to know when the next payment could be expected. Being anal about the whole thing doesn't help the situation.
Good for you. What you would do in my situation is irrelevant.

shiro420 said:
The whole reason I tried to have melee at WCC2 was because I felt it would have good numbers and it was a great venue. I will have brawl how ever, and the numbers of people who are already interested in it s staggering. its just a shame that Carl has been so ignorant about this issue. Obviously I have no desire further this discussion, as it as become quite obvious to me that Carl is really not interested in being paid any sort of money and has resorted to slandering my name. That is fine. You guys take care and if anyone does want to hit up wcc2 and play brawl just check our site out at

edmontongamers.com
A shame? I would say it's more expected that it is a shame.

For the record, you're in no position to talk to me about ignorance:
Edmontongamers.com said:
SSBB (Wii, $10 singles, $15 teams)
-Rules TBA by the local Smash community.
-The team tournament will be 3-on-3.

I like to see tournaments succeed, I really do. Unfortunately I personally can't afford to work toward this goal with people I neither trust nor respect their ability to accomplish what is asked of them. I truly hope you can find someone more accepting of your terms than me to help you run WCC2.

In conclusion,

Although the posts in this thread that you were responding to may have been in bad taste, you should know I hadn't REALLY harbored any hard feelings against you until you started trying to justify yourself like this. I had already accepted your failure and moved on, but apparently I was more accepting of it than you are.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
u kno, after reading shiro's post responding to me, lemonlau took the EXACT words out of my mouth.

no difference in keeping 50 bucks on the side for carl, then "in a bit" another 50 bucks, put em together, *bam* 100 bucks, then give to carl. done.

0.28 cents a day lol. thats cheaper than donating to raise an african kid!

Top Bottom