• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EDIT: Actual '48 character' translation inside.

Kiri

Smash Cadet
I am sorry, but it hurts my heart to see people being deceived by this. I actually think the entire roster will be leaked a couple of days prior to the official Japanese release due to Hong Kong.
Mmm, we should just be happy we're having no more delays! -touches wood-

I'll be adding stuff to the sticky thread soon in preparation for spoiler and SSE story mode etc. I'm looking forward to the challenge! :3

turboether

Smash Cadet
model changing = ness is a 'secret costume' for lucas, falco is a 'secret costume' for fox, etc ;)

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Erm guys I'm too tired to read all these pages... Can someone tell me why this is fake? Thank you.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I don't know what to believe, I havn't been so active on SWF in the last day :laugh: which isn't a lot, but stuff happens so quickly here!

So what to believe? I think I'll just wait for the game to come out, all these different sources saying different things are too confusing for me to bear. The Famitsu guide, this, 1,000,000 prophets. ^^;

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Could model changes be refering to Zero Suit Samus from Samaus and Sheik from Zelda?

We can only hope.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
@Rhubarbo
Mewtwo can Teleport. Lucario can't. /end clone.

@Kiri.
*Thumbs up!*(b^_^)b
-DD

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Claus wouldn't be a clone. Well, I guess, but that would make me ridiculously sad if they had Claus but he wasn't in his cyborg form. :'(

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Chrorobound: Why do u think Hong Kong will have the game before japan? I have to tell u, HK gets the american version, same as other asian countries.

EDIT: Wow 700th post and I didn't even realize!

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
I checked the Japanese Wikipedia like it said in the gamefaqs article that Chronobound posted, and the final paragraphs are almost exactly alike. That really makes it seem fake to me, so I don't believe this.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
It just bugs me how people cling onto various hopes in the face of all known reason. Like even if Sakurai were to show people fighting Ridley as a boss, they would *STILL* say he was playable. :/
Yeah, kind of how, you know, Bowser was.

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
So the newspaper article took from Wikipedia but cited it ?

Someone has to get a hand on that paper!

RyanCE

Smash Cadet
So the newspaper article took from Wikipedia but cited it ?

Someone has to get a hand on that paper!
Not quite... you know how Wikipedia itself has numbers enclosed in brackets for their sources? Yeah... the guy who made the fake "scan" forgot to take those out.

Fenris_Wolf

Smash Rookie
I don't understand why people hate clones. 48 characters with 13 clones is much better (in my opinion) than just 35 unique characters.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
The fact that they didn't scan it/take a picture of it straight usually means its fake, just like "supposed brawl demo leaks" and all that other junk... That [6] is a dead give away.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Clones?

Shadow still has a chance!

I find this article very interesting. Thank you so much for translating it! This was NO waste of my time and it was helpful. Thank you!

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
MODEL CHANGING

JIGGLYPUFF
CAPTAIN FALCON
MR. GAME AND WATCH (not that he needs one)
LUIGI
MEWTWO

It would work for those guys, who AREN't clones.. Ganondorf is already having a character change, trust me. He'll be using TP stuff.

And yes I am aware this is fake.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
Its FAKE

I could easily print off some kanji, Smash Bros, and some obscure 3rd party on the same peice of paper and you'd think that the 3rd party was in the game.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Agreed. Some douche could copy a bunch of japanese from a book and u guys will be like OMG 60 character roster confirmed!" Do not believe anything that isn't confirmed by multiple sources.

Have some sense people. Melee had clones because it was rushed.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
I mean Brawl could have clones, but what i'm getting at is the fact that you're beleiving a picture. Not a game or an official source.

And oh yeah, Sakurai said "I don't want clones" not that there wouldn't be any for that argument back a few pages.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Just one thing that most people don't seem to have realized yet...
Wario's costume IS A MODEL CHANGE.
If it wasn't then we would have his regular costume with a TEXTURE CHANGE, like whenever you use a character's alt colors.
If it was the same model then he'd have his jacket, his motorcycler hat, etc.
Also CLONES are NOT model changes, as some of them have different moves and behave differently.
Fact=Wario's costume changes his model to a similar one, while other similar things are not(C.Falcon alt color with the different number on his back=texture change)

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Just one thing that most people don't seem to have realized yet...
Wario's costume IS A MODEL CHANGE.
If it wasn't then we would have his regular costume with a TEXTURE CHANGE, like whenever you use a character's alt colors.
If it was the same model then he'd have his jacket, his motorcycler hat, etc.
Also CLONES are NOT model changes, as some of them have different moves and behave differently.
Fact=Wario's costume changes his model to a similar one, while other similar things are not(C.Falcon alt color with the different number on his back=texture change)
No no no.

Clones ARE model changes according to Sakurai. The term "モデル替え" (meaning model switch/change/swap) used in the article is also used by Sakurai to describe the clone characters on the official Japanese Melee page.

Look at Roy's profile: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0115/index.html
"マルスのモデル替えキャラ" = Model swap of Marth.

None of this matters anyway since it definitely appears this is a huge fraud.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
nothing will be official to the 31st so i think we should all stop wasting our time with all of this speculation and fake information

NeoZ

Smash Ace
No no no.

Clones ARE model changes according to Sakurai. The term "モデル替え" (meaning model switch/change/swap) used in the article is also used by Sakurai to describe the clone characters on the official Japanese Melee page.

Look at Roy's profile: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0115/index.html
"マルスのモデル替えキャラ" = Model swap of Marth.

None of this matters anyway since it definitely appears this is a huge fraud.
I'm not saying Sakurai doesn't call them that, but alt costume=model change with no behavior(weight, moveset,etc) changes.
If you think it's not then you don't really don't understand what a 3-D model(polygons+textures basically) is.

Top Bottom