• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EDIT: Actual '48 character' translation inside.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying Sakurai doesn't call them that, but alt costume=model change with no behavior(weight, moveset,etc) changes.
If you think it's not then you don't really don't understand what a 3-D model(polygons+textures basically) is.
And this is relevant...how?

The article (which is almost certainly fake) is obviously just using Sakurai's term. Whether or not "model change" is an accurate word is irrelevant. In this context, it's clearly referring to clones.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
And this is relevant...how?

The article (which is almost certainly fake) is obviously just using Sakurai's term. Whether or not "model change" is an accurate word is irrelevant. In this context, it's clearly referring to clones.
Yeah, but the people who said this before where treated like they were wrong, and while Sakurai might call them that it's technically incorrect to call them model changes as they're moves, floatiness, jump height, running speed, power, knockback, etc. changed too. And with that many differences calling them model changes would be like saying "Pikachu is just a Fox model change with different properties and moves".
Calling them "based on a certain character" or just clones is the correct term here, and it avoids this kind of confusion.
Also I know this is 99% fake and that my post wasn't relevant to that, I still prefer to clear things up instead of leaving them mixed up.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Just because there's a translation doesn't mean it's real...
It's most likely a fake. It's definitely not from a newspaper, seeing as it's not printed in the format of Japanese newspapers.

skiks

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but the people who said this before where treated like they were wrong, and while Sakurai might call them that it's technically incorrect to call them model changes as they're moves, floatiness, jump height, running speed, power, knockback, etc. changed too. And with that many differences calling them model changes would be like saying "Pikachu is just a Fox model change with different properties and moves".
Calling them "based on a certain character" or just clones is the correct term here, and it avoids this kind of confusion.
Also I know this is 99% fake and that my post wasn't relevant to that, I still prefer to clear things up instead of leaving them mixed up.
Cool but even if Sakurai is using an incorrect term that is how he sees model changes. We can debate about this all day and that won't really change. Even if the article is a sham. (which is likely.)

Brenco55

Smash Cadet
yes the article used the wrong term. yes the article meant clones but the ticles is likely fake and nobody cares about improper use of terms, people still mix up glitch and exploit.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Thanks for the translation. If it's true, I'm happy about the large roster, but not so happy about the probability of very similar movesets.

Oh well...

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Young Link clone of Link please

That's all I need

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Interesting... if true, I hope this doesn't mean there are clones. I really do not want clones, unless they are as different as Mario and Luigi were.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
If there were still clones, then why is Docter Mario an AT?..

Good job on the info though. If you find out where it's from (and if it's a famous/trustworthy magazine, I'll believe it).

Zek

Smash Ace
Guys, this is blatantly fake. Stop bumping this thread. Some Japanese guy just printed out words onto a piece of paper, printed it and took a picture. Don't be so gullible just because it's in another language.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Cool but even if Sakurai is using an incorrect term that is how he sees model changes. We can debate about this all day and that won't really change. Even if the article is a sham. (which is likely.)
Sakurai is using an incorrect term? Sakurai made the **** game. Any term that he coins to describe any element of his own freaking game is automatically the correct term.

Kiri is one of the few people on this board that still has remnants of sanity.

Dear SmashBoards,

Calm the *uck down.

Sincerely,
F. D. Wang

Grandeza

Smash Master
Guys, this is blatantly fake. Stop bumping this thread. Some Japanese guy just printed out words onto a piece of paper, printed it and took a picture. Don't be so gullible just because it's in another language.
He's right. We are only believing this due to the fact that its japanese. If this was in english no one would care one bit.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
EDIT: All original text below is how I first wrote it in this thread. However, I just want to add that I have now washed my hands of this thread. I am fed up with you idiots who come into this thread without reading through, and many of those then saying things you could find answers to in the original text. I have never met such a sordid bunch of slow and frustrating people such as yourselves, who will try and rubbish people like me who have only translated this in order to help out. It disgusts me.

I have never stated that this article was official. I have never stated that I knew where it came from. All I know is that it has been around for a while and I thought I would translate it for you all in order to help out, but now I regret even doing that.

But the worst thing is people who can't let go; this is a ****ing game we're talking about here people, and you treat it as if it's life or death. Seriously, I've seen people threatening to kill themselves if Ridley is not included as a playable character....what has happened to make it come to this?

So, if you're one of those lazy people and can't be bothered reading this whole edit..... all of you need to grow up and stop posting such bloody stupid replies. Read through the topic, take time to think what yo're going to say BEFORE typing and pissing off normal people like me who give up their time to help you out with a game we should all enjoy and NOT turn into such an idiotic flamewar. Good day.
Kiri, you now have my upmost RESPECT, SON!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
EDIT: All original text below is how I first wrote it in this thread. However, I just want to add that I have now washed my hands of this thread. I am fed up with you idiots who come into this thread without reading through, and many of those then saying things you could find answers to in the original text. I have never met such a sordid bunch of slow and frustrating people such as yourselves, who will try and rubbish people like me who have only translated this in order to help out. It disgusts me.

I have never stated that this article was official. I have never stated that I knew where it came from. All I know is that it has been around for a while and I thought I would translate it for you all in order to help out, but now I regret even doing that.

But the worst thing is people who can't let go; this is a ****ing game we're talking about here people, and you treat it as if it's life or death. Seriously, I've seen people threatening to kill themselves if Ridley is not included as a playable character....what has happened to make it come to this?

So, if you're one of those lazy people and can't be bothered reading this whole edit..... all of you need to grow up and stop posting such bloody stupid replies. Read through the topic, take time to think what yo're going to say BEFORE typing and pissing off normal people like me who give up their time to help you out with a game we should all enjoy and NOT turn into such an idiotic flamewar. Good day.
Is there a post of the year award on SmashBoards?
Because this should get it.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
How is that anger?

That's the kind've reaction any normal person would have when having to deal with most of the kids on this forum.
Exactly, the reaction you would have towards the kids on these forums would be anger, wouldn't it? I'm pretty sure he wasn't happy when he made that post.

Pendragonslayer

Smash Cadet

Never, EVER visit GameFAQs. :)

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
That edit is so **** true, Kiri just acted out of friendliness and people act like *******...

Its a shame.

Thanks for the trouble Kiri.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
No Clones!!!!!!!!! For The Love Of God, We Don't Need Clones!!!!!!! Marth, Falco, And Roy Are Not In The Game!!!! They Are Clones!!! Clones Are A Waste Of A Character Slot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If They Have Different Moves Sets Then Fine, But Marth And Falco Will Need To Be Nerfed Seriously!!!!!!!!!!! Please No Clones! We Don't Need Them!!!!:mad:

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
No Clones!!!!!!!!! For The Love Of God, We Don't Need Clones!!!!!!! Marth, Falco, And Roy Are Not In The Game!!!! They Are Clones!!! Clones Are A Waste Of A Character Slot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If They Have Different Moves Sets Then Fine, But Marth And Falco Will Need To Be Nerfed Seriously!!!!!!!!!!! Please No Clones! We Don't Need Them!!!!:mad:

Did you forget to take your medication or something?

Besides, like someone else said, Sakurai gave us clones in Melee cause he had some extra time, and decided to give us a few more characters.

And even tho clones resemble their "parent" they play very differently.

So maybe, assuming the article is real, if clones are in, he had some spare time and thought: "Well people enjoyed Falco, might aswell bring him back"

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Did you forget to take your medication or something?

Besides, like someone else said, Sakurai gave us clones in Melee cause he had some extra time, and decided to give us a few more characters.

And even tho clones resemble their "parent" they play very differently.

So maybe, assuming the article is real, if clones are in, he had some spare time and thought: "Well people enjoyed Falco, might aswell bring him back"
After delaying brawl so many times, I'm sure he didn't hve spare time dude.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So what's the deal. Is this actually proven to be fake (and not stuff like "It is horizontal")

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Exactly, the reaction you would have towards the kids on these forums would be anger, wouldn't it? I'm pretty sure he wasn't happy when he made that post.
You mean like how parents get angry and lecture/spank/punish you when you screwed up.

This isn't really that different.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
After delaying brawl so many times, I'm sure he didn't hve spare time dude.
True enough.

But maybe, he just decided at the end of the development cycle: "Well people liked those clone characters, maye I should just put them back to please them"

I mean, judging by your sig and ava I dont think you would mind if Doc returned ;) (I wouldnt mind either, he's my secondary)

So, assuming for arguments sake that the article IS REAL, then clones still have a chance.

Because let me play as Mario and i'll phail, let me play as Doc and i'll un;eash Hell :p

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
You mean like how parents get angry and lecture/spank/punish you when you screwed up.

This isn't really that different.
Read what I quoted, the kids was just a reference from what I quoted.
And wth.. I'm sorry? he was tired and pissed off when he made the edit? (which is basically the same thing)

F@lc0-san said:
True enough.

But maybe, he just decided at the end of the development cycle: "Well people liked those clone characters, maye I should just put them back to please them"

I mean, judging by your sig and ava I dont think you would mind if Doc returned (I wouldnt mind either, he's my secondary)

So, assuming for arguments sake that the article IS REAL, then clones still have a chance.

Because let me play as Mario and i'll phail, let me play as Doc and i'll un;eash Hell :p
Yea, but Doc Mario is an AT. He shoots out pills that cause sleep, shrinking, etc

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Yea, but Doc Mario is an AT. He shoots out pills that cause sleep, shrinking, etc
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??

How do you know this???

Source please?(Note, im asking for the source, not becuase I dont believe you, or because im being a prick, but I never heared of it before and wanna see)

Oh man, there goes that small glimmer of hope...

Ahhh well, im sure all the newcommers will please me....i'll miss that godly B.air tho:(

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Read what I quoted, the kids was just a reference from what I quoted.
And wth.. I'm sorry? he was tired and pissed off when he made the edit? (which is basically the same thing)
I'll take your word on it because I don't feel like re-reading.

Am I the only one who automatically thought drug references?

sleep- drugs/medicine that causes drowsiness

shrinking- iirc, steroids can shrink the genitals. XD

Top Bottom