• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
So given some of the discussion in the newcomer thread, let me get some opinions.

Do you think her Academy or War look would be the default? Which would you want to be the default? Which would you personally rather play as?
Hmm. I'd say the academy look would probably be the default since that's what she was in for the advertisements and the likes. Makes her feel more recognizable. As long as both get in the game I can't say I'd care either way about the other about which I play as or which is the default though

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Hmm. I'd say the academy look would probably be the default since that's what she was in for the advertisements and the likes. Makes her feel more recognizable. As long as both get in the game I can't say I'd care either way about the other about which I play as or which is the default though
The war look appeared in trailers as well, to be fair, though you're quite right that the academy look featured more prominently. Personally, I much prefer all of the war outfits as they're much more unique, so I'd rather have her in with that, especially since I think having a FE character who actually had a shield would be pretty neat. We've already got swordsmen and mages, so it'd be nice to have a FE character who embodies the heavy armor side of things.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
The more I see official Japanese polls on how much more popular Dimitri is, the more I worry for Edelgard's chances if Byleth or god forbid Dimitri/Claude are considered over her. And yes I get she has a figma and was advertised a lot, but that was mainly pre-release and with the game out for a while now, it seems like the Japanese have found a clear favorite. Bad enough when I imagine some of these people are those pansy Dimitri stans who want to baby their pwecious Dimitri from big mean old Edelgard bah!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The more I see official Japanese polls on how much more popular Dimitri is, the more I worry for Edelgard's chances if Byleth or god forbid Dimitri/Claude are considered over her. And yes I get she has a figma and was advertised a lot, but that was mainly pre-release and with the game out for a while now, it seems like the Japanese have found a clear favorite. Bad enough when I imagine some of these people are those pansy Dimitri stans who want to baby their pwecious Dimitri from big mean old Edelgard bah!
Might wanna chill a bit. You're being combative again.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The only popularity measurement that matters is the Most Deployed Units This Month list, as it's truly objective, and Edelgard consistently tops every other Lord there by a considerable margin. You can't trust fan polls because they're highly susceptible to echo chamber and rigging effects. For example, if you were to poll Smashboards on their top choices for the next rep, there'd be a number of characters who wouldn't be anywhere near as high in a "mainstream" poll, and vice versa.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The only popularity measurement that matters is the Most Deployed Units This Month list, as it's truly objective, and Edelgard consistently tops every other Lord there by a considerable margin. You can't trust fan polls because they're highly susceptible to echo chamber and rigging effects. For example, if you were to poll Smashboards on their top choices for the next rep, there'd be a number of characters who wouldn't be anywhere near as high in a "mainstream" poll, and vice versa.
If you're able to, could you give some consistent statistics? As in, which characters are always making the list?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I honestly haven't tracked it regularly, that's just what I've observed from some research. I think the Black Eagle girls (including Edelgard) and Lysithea are typically near the top consistently.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Dimitri ends up being the most popular at this point, he has been topping a bunch of polls recently but I'll wait to see how CYL4 turns out.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Dimitri ends up being the most popular at this point, he has been topping a bunch of polls recently but I'll wait to see how CYL4 turns out.
I could definitely see it as well, but you just can't trust polls. We've been lucky enough to get an objective measure provided to us directly by the devs, and that makes it pretty clear that Black Eagles has been by far the most popular route since launch. Which could change in the future, of course!

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
If Dimitri got in I'd be a little bummed personally. Can't say I'd hate it or anything but I like Edelgard and Claude more than him by a bit. Would still rather have him than Byleth though

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Gotta say I am genuinely surprised no one has made a thread for Dimitri yet (or Claude for that matter). Regardless of which main character you like the most, all of the lords are really popular and Three Houses has been one of the biggest Nintendo games this year.

While I would prefer Edelgard followed by Byleth to represent TH, I wouldn't mind Dimitri getting in. It's funny because he was my least favorite character before the game released but after playing BL I grew to like him more. Claude could also be cool though I haven't played GD yet so I'm not as attached to him as the others.

I suddenly have an urge to make a Dimitri thread now.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
If this was a perfect world: I would want all three lords in Smash, as all three do indeed offer something new besides Byleth who is just another avatar swordie. But alas this isn't a perfect world so I still want Edelgard over the other three, or if not her then either Byleth or nobody at all.

Sorry, it's just that Dimitri's popularity (while understandable) tends to remind me how some of his fans are among those who demonize Edelgard as one-dimensionally evil with fascist/Hitler labels so seeing them being validated with their precious baby Dimitri being everyone's favorite feels like injustic for me. So I can't help but have major contempt for Dimitri's popularity.

Troykv

Smash Master
I think trying to search a particular most popular character right now is a bit unreliable... Camilla wasn't clearly the most popular of the non-Corrin characters from Fates before the Official Website contest that was to test stuff for the future DLC (even if Camilla's popularity wasn't ever questioned because of how much people draw her and talk about her).

But there is something we give for sure with all the content we have found so far, Dimitri is definitely the most popular male character from Fire Emblem Three Houses, and potentially the most popular from the game.

CYL is the only poll we have that will be officialized done by IS/Nintendo, but it will be affected at some extent by the fact certain people will want certain characters to win.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think trying to search a particular most popular character right now is a bit unreliable... Camilla wasn't clearly the most popular of the non-Corrin characters from Fates before the Official Website contest that was to test stuff for the future DLC (even if Camilla's popularity wasn't ever questioned because of how much people draw her and talk about her).

But there is something we give for sure with all the content we have found so far, Dimitri is definitely the most popular male character from Fire Emblem Three Houses, and potentially the most popular from the game.

CYL is the only poll we have that will be officialized done by IS/Nintendo, but it will be affected at some extent by the fact certain people will want certain characters to win.
Just wanna comment in terms of CYL, while I understand the concerns about potential competition (I mean, who DOESN'T want Brigand Boss?), keep in mind that Three Houses is the newest game in the series. As a result, people are likely to jump at the chance to vote for them, due to their relevancy (as is the case with any FEH-original characters at the time of their debut: Surtr did pretty well in his first CYL when he was still new). I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of the Top 100 has Three Houses characters, though that depends on how many characters are actually in the poll.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman

Ugh I swear if Dimitri's popularity means validating his route as "canon" and painting Edelgard as a one-dimensional evil villain (because Dimitri fans and perhaps FE fans in general NEED to feel good about themselves), I will be SO pissed. Even more than them putting him in Smash over Edelgard.

Troykv

Smash Master
Just wanna comment in terms of CYL, while I understand the concerns about potential competition (I mean, who DOESN'T want Brigand Boss?), keep in mind that Three Houses is the newest game in the series. As a result, people are likely to jump at the chance to vote for them, due to their relevancy (as is the case with any FEH-original characters at the time of their debut: Surtr did pretty well in his first CYL when he was still new). I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of the Top 100 has Three Houses characters, though that depends on how many characters are actually in the poll.
I was mostly talking about it how would be affected by the mentality of wanting certain characters to have a Brave Alt (and for some popular but a bit forgotten characters, to be considered for Brave Redux 4). I was actually planning to vote a bit for that reason before moving to Edelgard.

Ugh I swear if Dimitri's popularity means validating his route as "canon" and painting Edelgard as a one-dimensional evil villain (because Dimitri fans and perhaps FE fans in general NEED to feel good about themselves), I will be SO pissed. Even more than them putting him in Smash over Edelgard.
This is a phase, we need to see if this trend continues, just avoid over reacting to them because you're essencially fueling their need for be considered special or something.

I don't think IS has ever validated something as canon unless is was actually canon from the beginning, or was a change it was made for some kind of purporse (like making Lewyn x Erinys canon for the sake of giving Ced a bigger argument to the idea of him being the master of Asvel and also a powerful late game unit).

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Joe Zieja will do everything in his power to make sure Claude takes 1st place in the Men's bracket. Granted, I see a lot of the VAs that are active on Twitter to be pushing for their character to rank well in CYL 4. I'm really curious if Three Houses could pull off a clean sweep.
Fear the Deer.png

Yeah, the only thing that could potentially stop Edelgard from taking 1st place in the Women's bracket is Anna. All because a bunch of people just want an Anna alt for the sake of having one, even though based on a technicality, Anna can't have an alt because they'd all just be different sisters a la Nurse Joy. Like, they can call Awakening Anna an alt all they want, but she won't recognize Alfonse and Sharena.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Joe Zieja will do everything in his power to make sure Claude takes 1st place in the Men's bracket. Granted, I see a lot of the VAs that are active on Twitter to be pushing for their character to rank well in CYL 4. I'm really curious if Three Houses could pull off a clean sweep.
View attachment 243424

Yeah, the only thing that could potentially stop Edelgard from taking 1st place in the Women's bracket is Anna. All because a bunch of people just want an Anna alt for the sake of having one, even though based on a technicality, Anna can't have an alt because they'd all just be different sisters a la Nurse Joy. Like, they can call Awakening Anna an alt all they want, but she won't recognize Alfonse and Sharena.
Anna isn't really that big, and I'm saying that as someone who loves her and wants an alt for her.
Her big problem is that they always split the votes between Heroes, Awekening and Fates Anna, so it's not as cohesive.
The big contenders will be the 3H girls (in particular Bernadetta, Dorothea, Lysathea and Hilda who are super popular) and Female Robin.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So what exactly makes you think Edelgard deserves it that much more than Dimitri?

Honestly, Byleth is the most logical choice anyway.

Troykv

Smash Master
So what exactly makes you think Edelgard deserves it that much more than Dimitri?

I don't think people will argue Byleth has (at least under the most regular circunstances) the biggest claim as the Smash Bros choice. So that is the reason they're always assumed even aren't exactly a popular choice for well... obvious reasons.

And about Edelgard vs Dimitri... I think is a combination of overall narrative and marketing importance and the fact that well... she is a girl, and that gives her an incredible appeal in a franchise that looks dominated by Marth a-likes (specially in Smash Bros... there is a reason why people in the competitive usually default to the female avatars despite the male avatars being the "main ones" according to Smash Logic).

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think people will argue Byleth has (at least under the most regular circunstances) the biggest claim as the Smash Bros choice. So that is the reason they're always assumed even aren't exactly a popular choice for well... obvious reasons.

And about Edelgard vs Dimitri... I think is a combination of overall narrative and marketing importance and the fact that well... she is a girl, and that gives her an incredible appeal in a franchise that looks dominated by Marth a-likes (specially in Smash Bros... there is a reason why people in the competitive usually default to the female avatars despite the male avatars being the "main ones" according to Smash Logic).
To be honest, neither Byleth or Dimitri would look or play anything like Marth.

Troykv

Smash Master
To be honest, neither Byleth or Dimitri would look or play anything like Marth.
Dimitri definitely has a claim for a unique moveset because of his Spear and his very "savage" way of attacking. I'm curious how Byleth would difference himself from the other zoners that uses Swords and Whips... because his weapon is kind of both.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Like I just want some validation all right? The more I see results that show Dimitri is everyone's favorite, all I can think of are the Dimitri fans who openly insuilt Edelgard fans for daring to be fans of a villain/anti-hero/anti-villain all while continuing to baby their precious Dimitri.

Because she's not only one of the central characters in the story, but she's also the closest thing to a "villain" rep for FE? Her being female is also a bonus seeing as all the new characters have been nothing but sausages.

Byleth would just be the third avatar and blue-haired swordie, and Dimitri...yeah it's mainly personal bias considering what Dimtiri fans do to the Edelgard fans.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Byleth would just be the third avatar and blue-haired swordie
Nothing wrong with that considering the Sword of the Creator and time-rewind shenanigans, IMO.

I'm curious how Byleth would difference himself from the other zoners that uses Swords and Whips... because his weapon is kind of both.
I'm imagining hitboxes that are a lot more flexible (literally), say instead of the usual "stab sword" or "whip in a straight line". Perhaps also some Martial Arts as Nemesis or Seiros does, since he bears the Crest of Flames. Say that tapping a button is a regular slash, but holding the button would have a slower, but longer-ranged whip type slash. Maybe that's just because I main the shotos, though.

You could also reference the Crest of Flames' battle ability by having the chance that landing Smash attacks can heal 3%-4%. Gimmicky, but a reference.

Because she's not only one of the central characters in the story, but she's also the closest thing to a "villain" rep for FE?
I would call her more an antagonist than a villain, the devs did an amazing job making Edelgard as morally grey as possible, even if it's not perfect. :p

Like I just want some validation all right? The more I see results that show Dimitri is everyone's favorite, all I can think of are the Dimitri fans who openly insuilt Edelgard fans for daring to be fans of a villain/anti-hero/anti-villain all while continuing to baby their precious Dimitri.
Sounds more like you have a problem with toxic fans of Dimitri instead of Dimitri himself as a character, and that if it was Dimitri instead, suddenly everyone will bully Edelgard fans or something. It's not gonna happen, the only salt is just from people who hate FE because Marth clones or whatever.

That's why I side with Byleth. He/she leads any of the four paths you choose and it's the most neutral, non-favored selection choice. I'm a Golden Deer boy myself and I understand that favoritism will get me nowhere. Corrin doesn't make reference to the specific path chosen in the Fates line, so I imagine Byleth fills the same gap by not advertising one route as the true route because holy Sakurai included that specific character from that specific route.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with supporting Edelgard instead, though. You do what you want and support what you want.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Nothing wrong with that considering the Sword of the Creator and time-rewind shenanigans, IMO.

I'm imagining hitboxes that are a lot more flexible (literally), say instead of the usual "stab sword" or "whip in a straight line". Perhaps also some Martial Arts as Nemesis or Seiros does, since he bears the Crest of Flames. Say that tapping a button is a regular slash, but holding the button would have a slower, but longer-ranged whip type slash. Maybe that's just because I main the shotos, though.
I'm still not convinced about the time rewind shenanigans, they keep sounding to me way too OP than people realize.

You could also reference the Crest of Flames' battle ability by having the chance that landing Smash attacks can heal 3%-4%. Gimmicky, but a reference.
Also speaking of the Crests...spoilers from BE
Edelgard also bears the Crest of Flames, so she could potentially use all that as well
I would call her more an antagonist than a villain, the devs did an amazing job making Edelgard as morally grey as possible, even if it's not perfect. :p
I completely agree, but Smash has a tendency to portray grey characters/anti heroes as villains in Smash, like with Mewtwo, Dedede or Dark Pit, so I'd say she still counts for one.

Sounds more like you have a problem with toxic fans of Dimitri instead of Dimitri himself as a character, and that if it was Dimitri instead, suddenly everyone will bully Edelgard fans or something. It's not gonna happen, the only salt is just from people who hate FE because Marth clones or whatever.

That's why I side with Byleth. He/she leads any of the four paths you choose and it's the most neutral, non-favored selection choice. I'm a Golden Deer boy myself and I understand that favoritism will get me nowhere. Corrin doesn't make reference to the specific path chosen in the Fates line, so I imagine Byleth fills the same gap by not advertising one route as the true route because holy Sakurai included that specific character from that specific route.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with supporting Edelgard instead, though. You do what you want and support what you want.
This. This so much.

While some Dimitri stans would be toxic, that will just be a very minor part of the fanbase (especially compared to the general Smash fanbase for which FE is Satan itself), so there is no need to worry.
Heck if Edelgard is added instead I definitely see some of the worse parts of the Edelgard fanbase act toxic towards Dimitri, Byleth and Claude and, which is still inexcusable.

With that said I'll still remain an Edelgard supporter more than for Byleth mostly because I like them more as a character and I still feel like Edelgard would be perfectly capable of representing 3H by herself considering that the main theme is about her, she has two routes and most events of the game are because of her and so on, which is still incredibly notable.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I completely agree, but Smash has a tendency to portray grey characters/anti heroes as villains in Smash, like with Mewtwo, Dedede or Dark Pit, so I'd say she still counts for one.
Really? I don't get those type of vibes from the characters, especially Mewtwo.

I'm still not convinced about the time rewind shenanigans, they keep sounding to me way too OP than people realize.
Nah, I meant it more as a teleport than as actual time stop.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Really? I don't get those type of vibes from the characters, especially Mewtwo.

Nah, I meant it more as a teleport than as actual time stop.
It was more obvious when Events were still a thing, like in Melee there was a fight against Giga Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo as the final bosses.
Now it's mostly with characterization thought taunts, like Mewtwo's evil laugh and so on.
Still Edelgard would be the closest thing to an actual villain FE will ever get as potential for Smash, since I doubt they will ever add Gharnef or Validar.

That's what I was referring to, being able to teleport like that would basically make Byleth capable of recover from almost anything, considering that they would still have their recovery available after that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It was more obvious when Events were still a thing, like in Melee there was a fight against Giga Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo as the final bosses.
Now it's mostly with characterization thought taunts, like Mewtwo's evil laugh and so on.
Still Edelgard would be the closest thing to an actual villain FE will ever get as potential for Smash, since I doubt they will ever add Gharnef or Validar.

That's what I was referring to, being able to teleport like that would basically make Byleth capable of recover from almost anything, considering that they would still have their recovery available after that.
1571999866478.png

The idea of Divine Pulse in my head is a lot more useful on the ground than in the air. No free teleport like Palu or Mewtwo here.

Perhaps Edelgard can bring another axe projectile into the mix. The question is though: will she have a regular throwing hand axe or one of the dope super cool boomerang hand axes from FE games of old?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
View attachment 243442

The idea of Divine Pulse in my head is a lot more useful on the ground than in the air. No free teleport like Palu or Mewtwo here.

Perhaps Edelgard can bring another axe projectile into the mix. The question is though: will she have a regular throwing hand axe or one of the dope super cool boomerang hand axes from FE games of old?
If it is mostly on the ground then it wouldn't be broken I think.

Uh, that actually a cool idea. I'm working on a move set for her so maybe that could be fun to add, even tho it isn't really her thing in 3H.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Anna isn't really that big, and I'm saying that as someone who loves her and wants an alt for her.
Her big problem is that they always split the votes between Heroes, Awekening and Fates Anna, so it's not as cohesive.
The big contenders will be the 3H girls (in particular Bernadetta, Dorothea, Lysathea and Hilda who are super popular) and Female Robin.
Considering Awakening Anna managed to take 5th place overall, we may see a repeat of Alm from last year, where he was talked about as among the characters deemed neglected by IS. They may try to brute force one of the Annas to the top. Maybe Awakening Anna, assuming they remember.

Japan isn't fond of Dorothea, but she does have her VA potentially rallying support.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Considering Awakening Anna managed to take 5th place overall, we may see a repeat of Alm from last year, where he was talked about as among the characters deemed neglected by IS. They may try to brute force one of the Annas to the top. Maybe Awakening Anna, assuming they remember.

Japan isn't fond of Dorothea, but she does have her VA potentially rallying support.
I just checked, and you are right, Amma did ended up beating Female Robin in the final 2019 results.

Oh didn't know Dorothea was unpopular (just like I would have never imagined that Petra isn't among the most popular, seriously?), but I agree that the Western VA will push a lot their characters (which might still not work well for Dorothea since she shares her English VA with Shamir, who seems quite popular too).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing to remember is that if Awakening Anna gets in through Farfetched Heroes 3, Anna's placement on CYL4 will absolutely plummet. Her increased support comes from not having an alt.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If it is mostly on the ground then it wouldn't be broken I think.
I think of it like Farore's Wind in OoT. You set the place you want to "turn back" to, and after some time passes, you'll be able to instantaneously appear where you last set it. You can't use it in the air since I'm not trying to make it a recovery, just a unique movement option that isn't a counter. It could have cool combo set-ups that arise from it, too. It's gonna be like Banjo's wonder wing, limited uses because Sothis is the grandma god with the rules around here and we dont want to abuse the game

EDIT: Should also probably place a time limit on how long that option to teleport lasts, maybe 20 - 30 seconds at most.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm just...pessimistic when it comes to Divine Pulse. I see and applaud the different uses that people have come up with, but I could see it so easily be a counter too. Edelgard might have less potential due to missing a potentially game-changing move as Divine Pulse, but at least she's the most interesting main character character-wise regardless of moveset.

And it's not like picking her would mean showing bias to only one route, considering her role in the other routes is bigger compared to the roles of the other house leaders in a route that doesn't involve their house. Edelgard is always there in a significant way post-timeskip (although her map is quite essy to one-turn clear) and her goal aligns with the general theme of the story as well

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dimitri definitely has a claim for a unique moveset because of his Spear and his very "savage" way of attacking. I'm curious how Byleth would difference himself from the other zoners that uses Swords and Whips... because his weapon is kind of both.
Dimitri has a very cool way of fighting but I won't delude myself thinking he's getting in before Byleth. His savage and wild swings of his Lance would be spectacular to see in Smash however.

Byleth can do a bunch of things like using magic, Divine Pulse, brawling... All would make a lot of sense to include in their move set. And I don't think they would resemble the current cast's existing fighters at all.

Troykv

Smash Master
One thing to remember is that if Awakening Anna gets in through Farfetched Heroes 3, Anna's placement on CYL4 will absolutely plummet. Her increased support comes from not having an alt.
Yeah, people tried very hard to vote for Anna, not matter how (making this the funny case of her Shadow Dragon/Mystery version being the most wanted character from those games).

I'm just...pessimistic when it comes to Divine Pulse. I see and applaud the different uses that people have come up with, but I could see it so easily be a counter too. Edelgard might have less potential due to missing a potentially game-changing move as Divine Pulse, but at least she's the most interesting main character character-wise regardless of moveset.

And it's not like picking her would mean showing bias to only one route, considering her role in the other routes is bigger compared to the roles of the other house leaders in a route that doesn't involve their house. Edelgard is always there in a significant way post-timeskip (although her map is quite essy to one-turn clear) and her goal aligns with the general theme of the story as well
I have a hard time thinking of Divine Pulse as anything other that a Counter (I mean, it already happened with Shulk's Monado).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Divine Pulse would definitely be a counter since it's meant to be used like that ingame. The question is how to implement the rewind. I think restoring everyone's % and position to a few seconds before being activated would be fun but how to balance it is another question.
Another option would be to also force opponents to repeat their actions so Byleth could prepare whatever counter they want and while that'd be kinda busted, just limiting it to some users PER BATTLE would be a big enough price for such an ability

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Divine Pulse would definitely be a counter since it's meant to be used like that ingame.
Divine Pulse is definitely not a counter, the main canon purpose is to go back and do it again and not **** it up this time.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
The more I think I about it, as much as I would hate them to continue the avatar trend: If Edelgard doesn't make it, I'd be fine with for Byleth (though please make the female avatar the default one, she's clearly the more popular of the two) instead so that Nintendo can be as neutral to all 3Hs fans as possible and to avoid giving the Edelgard haters/Dimitri fans panic attacks/PTSD flashbacks over what big mean Edelgard did to their pwecious baby Dimitri.... I'd be lying if I didn't realize now that Byleth DOES have something going for them in terms of movesets and aesthetics, plus I do love female Byleth's design and voice-acting (bless Jeanie Tirado) so if I can't have Edelgard, I'd at least prefer Byleth over Dimitri.

Heck it's even gotten to a point where I can just visualize in my head how their character trailer would go: With Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude gushing about their professor or some stuff as they show off their stuff. You just KNOW that's the direction they'd go with their trailer lol.

Of course, I wouldn't mind if they pulled a Robin + Lucina with Byleth and Edelgard, considering how Edie IS one of the more central characters in the story. Heck make their trailer a shout out to the Kostas scene except replace Kostas with whatever Smash character ala Captain Falcon lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom