• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Regional Event #1: XI.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. - Wallingford, CT - Jun 7, 08

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Cort wtf why are you holding a tournament for a game that is fun on the day of a tournament I didn't consider going to anyway but since the game the other tournament has is superior i'm going to argue with you and do you know how to actually end a setence like this?

That's a mouthful

*waiting for a gay joke*

Banks

Smash Hero
100% of people who would travel from new england to georgia for melee do not like brawl.

whoops 90%, DAZWA LIKES BRAWL WUT A LUZER

Jash

Smash Lord
Ill most likely go to this if im not going to that way more expensive GA tournament >.> <.<. If i go, Cort, you wanna MM me? Word on the block is you gettin betta *mad slang son*. Lets do this.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Arhghrthahdhd!!!!!!!!!!

After reading this thread, I am depressed.

First, I was like to say that I addressed any NE player in the GA thread that I might be able to join in the epic adventure to going down there. No responce from anyone here. I even considered going myself, but after MM, I realized that it is not worth it with all the reasons already given and more.

Cort, I couldn't agree with you more about the depressingness of playing both games at the same time. Brawl also kills all Melee skill, and the little I had got me here, but is lost.

This thread only reinforces the idea I already had, which is that the smash community is splitting into 3 seperate groups. I know I am kinda late in the "arguement", but I don't care.
To point out, this was huge at MM. There were the kids who came for Brawl, the people who accepted Brawl for what it is, and the kids who came to play Melee at MM.

The real reason I went to MM was to give Melee a chance agian. Who did I play though? Elen once, two other kids, and the kid I brought. A total of about 6 matches that I couldn't play from home. Even after the TV I played Wilshire on, that T.V. was basically stolen.

We asked to play for a few solid hours and got barely anything. This isn't what Melee players should be doing. Don't you think you would want other kids to play to remind them of the game? to bring them back?

Apperently not because you were all jerks. Melee's new theme is TV hogging apperently, not comboing. I also only played Banks at X.E.S.T.I.C.L.E, even I asked each TV if I could hop in every 20 min or so, and the only reason I got to play then was because he came and got me to play.

Seriously, what the hell. When we left, Wilshire though all of the kids that were playing Melee were *******s. Which is not true at all, but I couldn't think of a reason to disagree. People who played only Melee and knowns were just hoping in whenever the **** they want, while I'm sitting there asked to get in after every match. This is not really the way that things should be done.

I don't care if you dont read the whole thing, but I'm choosing to go to XI.E.S.T.I.C.L.E because Melee is ruined to me. Not becuase of Brawl, but because of its players. The majority of you have an elietist attitude now. Why? The lack of respect is fluddering, and I dont get it. Read what you guys wrote, I mean, I could be missing something but I dont know.

I don't know, I just wanted to get this off my chest. I'm getting paid to write this anyway so **** yeah. :p

So whatever, take this how you want.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
The above posters don't realize some of us want to go to Georgia not for silly 'Brawl vs Melee' reasons.

For example, I'd probably want to go to Georgia even more than I do now, if it were running Brawl.

I'll get you back Banks. that hurt my feelings :(

EDIT: A simple "Excuse me," or "Can I get next in?" works wonders.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
lol yeah dude i did like 2938462834568236745 times.

its really not big of a deal but it was just annoying. im not like omfg kill everyone angery but it was really getting to me.

Banks

Smash Hero
Dazwa i was just joshin u <3

i respek ur rights to play brawl *bows*

edit - memphis u just have to literally unplug their controllers and tell them to leave, if they notice you never do this, they will always stay when u call next. ROUGH 'EM UP SON

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Dazwa i was just joshin u <3

i respek ur rights to play brawl *bows*

edit - memphis u just have to literally unplug their controllers and tell them to leave, if they notice you never do this, they will always stay when u call next. ROUGH 'EM UP SON
lol DUELY NOTED. yeah i mean, maybe i should not be a pussy. that would help right. i think im having my period.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah way to ***** about kid's having fun playing Melee, and saying that they killed your respect for the game, man the **** up and get a seat, it's not that hard, It didn't take me more then five minutes to find a set-up after calling next. Saying that kids wouldn't move is ********, if you just call next people move. If you act like a ***** and never assert yourself you're not going to play because believe it or not most smashers are chill. Thats the second person i've seen *****ing about not being able to play and you guys just need to STFU and get a seat. Seriously, you can't be like I'm not playing Melee anymore because of the people :( :( Baww, you probably don't want to play cause you sucked at it.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
KevinM, I'm not sure if you were one of the people playing, but aside from the fact that I did assert myslef, my other point is that Pure Melee players are acting like ***** for no reason over the game, and your your uncalled for attitude is a good example.

I'm not bad at the game but I'm not great, and I am pretty sure I made that clear.

It wasn't that they wouldn't get up for me to play, It bugged me yeah, but I'm not going to play the game because of that, it's attitudes liek you just showed that kinda killed it for me. Lame dude, I don't know, you can keep flaming me but I really don't see the point.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
...was a joke because she said please don't fight and then cried (like a girl) lol

I have a problem with people calling next during my first or second friendly game with someone... so just watch and if they've been hogging for a while just say move plz.

let me reiterrate: <3 milkytea

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Wat?

I personally have problems calling next in games, but that is because I'm shy lolol
/runs
...just walk up and puff out your chest and speak in a low voice with a bit of a growl...

"IMMMMM NEXXXXXTTTTTTT" I can see Dar doing that...<_<

...also, if that doesn't work, tempt them with candy.

Everyone likes candy right?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
That would be because we forced anybody who called next to give us head until it was their turn.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
man, no one really understood why we were upset over this.

watevs, i rub cort (lol double entendre) and it doesn't matter if you like brawl or melee.

N64

Smash Champion
Everyone should hug and make up.

Or have an all out battle to the death. My money's on..uh...i dunno. KevinM? He's a wily fellow.

P.S. - I haven't been to a NE tourney in so long T.T I miss you guys.

Top Bottom