• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EBGames/Gamestop Release Tournaments?

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i have skype.
and luckily, i just got wifi, but no brawl, if that's what you're implying....i've been waiting for american brawl, and that's what i'm gonna play.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah XBL would be easier, though not everyone has an Xbox. And after checking out the Skype website I'm not sure how helpful it'll be for people who's computers are in separate rooms than their Wiis, or are too broke to buy the WiFi/Skype phones. It's a nice service though, just too bad it'll be of little to no use to me.

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
Please look for me Beninja (benin Jenkins ) Miami ,Florida come on 305 where yall at im looking for some competetion

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
sometimes, the store decides. and i'm going to game knights in deland florida for mine, the gamestop moved it....

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Mannnn, the Gamestop I'm going to is doing a tournament all day Saturday.

The good thing is that they don't know the exact rules yet, but are aware of the 1 minute thing. Hopefully it will be normal setting.

And its Wiimote + Nunchuk :(

Hopefully I can just bring my Classic Controller in and plug that in instead.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Unless if your going to try to talk to the gamestops yourself. Your not going to be playing with a GC controler.

If you've ever been there they're obviously locked inside a plastic barrier so nobody touches it. How do you expect a GC controller to get in there without taking it off? Your not.

My best advice is to get a Wavebird and try to talk to them to have them put your wavebird port in the Wii before everybody gets there.

dizzam

Smash Cadet
"Pairing of Contestants is at the sole discretion of the GTD. The GTD will signal to initiate all play. Regardless of the Round, Contestants must use Game Controllers provided at the participating GameStop location or Tournament location."

kthx

snoosh

Smash Rookie
Well I just went to the gamestop in san francisco... They told me that the tournament is playing on melee, and that they might do the tournament before the midnight release depending on how many people sign up. I was 38th on the list =/

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Radio commercials for the tournament are now being played on ESPN radio (1000s of radio stations across the country). This will definitely be the biggest Smash Bros. tournament ever.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
I think "biggest" would be an overstatement. But I guess it depends what you mean by it. There obviously won't be any balance as far as participants and playing field. Not to mention that it's very likely each store will have their own set of rules. It's going to be as amateur as the previous Nintendo tourney, but it still should be fun. And yeah, since there aren't any restrictions, age or otherwise, it will be filled with people. I predict total chaos.

Top Bottom