• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*easy way to hit with rest*

tigresmasher2

Smash Cadet
I was expirementing with the rest attack and I noticed that if you SH dair your oppenent while moving forward (sometimes works while stationary as well) and then do the rest you will pretty much automatically hit them. dair even causes your oppenent to trip at times making it even easier to use the rest. I could not get it to work every time though so could someone please test to find the perfect point to use the dair. I will try to test more myself. I did not perform and discover this in training mode.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I was expirementing with the rest attack and I noticed that if you SH dair your oppenent while moving forward (sometimes works while stationary as well) and then do the rest you will pretty much automatically hit them. dair even causes your oppenent to trip at times making it even easier to use the rest. I could not get it to work every time though so could someone please test to find the perfect point to use the dair. I will try to test more myself. I did not perform and discover this in training mode.
Should we tell him you guys?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
No offense, but this is likely the earliest discovered and most widespread AT for Jigglypuff. It is required in her gameplay.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
^ exactly.

Keep at it. Try to find more AT's for puff. And just so you know, here are other known rest tactics

Shielded (most dash attacks and some smash attacks) > Rest
uair > rest
bair > rest
ledgehop sing > rest (my least favorite because d-smashing is better in that situation at rest percentages)
tech chase or rolls > rest

I may have missed some..... >_____<

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
^ exactly.

Keep at it. Try to find more AT's for puff. And just so you know, here are other known rest tactics

Shielded (most dash attacks and some smash attacks) > Rest
uair > rest
bair > rest
ledgehop sing > rest (my least favorite because d-smashing is better in that situation at rest percentages)
tech chase or rolls > rest

I may have missed some..... >_____<
Sourspotted Fair > Rest
Nair > Rest
SHAD > Rest

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, I found out about dair to rest way back in February and I'm sure other people did too.

Rest definately is jiggy's best killer but set up has been way nerfed. In melee you had uair, utilt, out of shield, up/down throw on certain toons, pound, crouch cancel, tech chase, sh nair, full hop ac nair. Now you only have out of shield and dair as concrete set ups. Thankfully there is a large hit box, but seriously now, melee has way more set ups.

Also, the world ends with you is fricken sweet.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Even though rest's hitbox is bigger, I find it much harder to hit with. This time around, the physics engine makes it harder to be on top of another character and you are pushed away. This, as Bowyer said, means it is harder to set up than it was in melee. Now, if someone is falling downwards, and jiggs is directly underneith, just jumping up and resting does work.

On another note, I really haven't been able to get dAir > Rest to really work for me. I find it very awkquard to do and sometimes, rest doesn't come out if I hit the ground. What am I doing wrong here?

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Even though rest's hitbox is bigger, I find it much harder to hit with. This time around, the physics engine makes it harder to be on top of another character and you are pushed away. This, as Bowyer said, means it is harder to set up than it was in melee. Now, if someone is falling downwards, and jiggs is directly underneith, just jumping up and resting does work.

On another note, I really haven't been able to get dAir > Rest to really work for me. I find it very awkquard to do and sometimes, rest doesn't come out if I hit the ground. What am I doing wrong here?
i find that there are two things that hinder dair>rest (at least for me):

1. doing a manual down+air (rather than cstick) doesn't work well UNLESS you release down on the control stick BEFORE initiating rest.
2. if you're too close to the ground with your dair, the whole plan is screwed in general.

basically, you have to get in as many dair hits as possible, and dair should finish BEFORE you hit the ground. if you're on the ground by the time you decide to downb, it's too late (unless your opponent is doing something stupid)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
sh > dair immediately > ff right before you hit the ground (the key is learning to ff at the correct time) > rest

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
All i want to say is that dair to rest has been around a while. Just because it wasn't in some "guide" doesn't mean it wasn't around. Anyways there are other setups to rest, just make sure it kills, and it [rest] being nerfed in an understatement, it's a completely different attack.

copperdog4

Smash Rookie
hey is there anyone who wud be able to help me get better with jigglypuff? im not to good so i was looking for some1 who is good to show me some things... if u r send me a message and well talk

Top Bottom