• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern Washington Bi-Weeklies! ~Next Tourney~ [11/17/07]

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Sounds good, do you wanna drive and then I'll pay you back? Idk who will come with me, but since pat lives with me, I figure he's in.

The saturday one sounds good to me.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
ok, gimme a call either way arti.

EDIT: I'm sorry red, I would, but I dont think i could stand to be in the same car with you for that long...

Kamaji

Smash Ace
but but but... Hyrule's legal... lol (I should brush up on my freeze glitching... thats an auto-win, right?)

seriously though, I love you guys. Thanks for putting on a tourney just because Casey and I drove 3 hours for a non-existant tourney lol.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
No... THANK YOU for making the drive. I hope we see you in Pasco. Sounds like a much better turnout and I do believe Jumpfreak will be there. Wait... on 2nd thought, I think he has to work. He said he would see us in Yakima tomorrow. Anyway, I'm glad we finally got to meet our Spokane guys.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
You guys should open up a place in spokane! I know so many smashers that would come, you'd make bank! We're probably bringing 2 more people today, but im willing to bet none of us could beat jumpfreak lol. Cya there!

PS- whos coming to gc with me on oct 13? (Chip? Deva? Arti? anyone else?)

Chip.

you know what to do
seriously stop hating me and being an ***.**** you kamaji

BTW I'm at a tralo.
He's not hating on you, he's simply just stating the undeniable and obvious fact that you talk way too much; couple that with you in a small car with anyone and it leads to quite a bit of frustration and annoyance from you RedYoshi. Seriously, I don't think anyone could sit that long with you in a car.

Nick is not being an *insert profanity here ___*. In all honesty, it's you who's being an *insert hatred word here ___*.

RedYoshi you really need to calm down in your situations of conflict that you have with other people. I'm refering to when you talk and type crap to people when you can't control your temper like a two year old and, quite frankly, it's unacceptable. While I could agree that what Nick posted isn't the nicest way to word such a statement, I rly don't think you should call him such names. He isn't trying to be evil and offensive, all he's saying is he doesn't like riding in a car wit you. I don't mean or want to sound like your parents, but you really need to stop telling people to 'shut up' and other rude things in their faces at our SpoRlys, please.

RedYoshi, I don't hate you, and I don't type these long posts regarding your reckless behavior to get you angry either. I can lose my temper too sometimes, it's normal, but you've been doing it a lot recently and it's concerning me. So all I'm saying is this: please TRY to stop saying rude things to people's faces at our SpoRly's (or online).

@Nick- Yeah, Deva and I are planning to go, could we carpool with you and some other guys for GC?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
*crowd member for east coast yells "east coast" then a midwest audience meber yells "**** east coast!"*

If it makes all you feel better I won't even talk to you guys at tourneys anymore like I do at my school.Imean it!.I'm not mad at chip anymore.

*jiano gets chu down to 2 stock with a knee and crowd goes insane,guy in crowd yells "all he's got on you is that stupid grab thats all he's got",jiano unfortunately loses the match :( *

Chip.

you know what to do
we cool =]

*gives peace sign*

I don't mind you talking at all, it's only when you talk a lot lol. Other than that, you're fine.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
your pretty cool chip,like Deva =) .I like sandbagging in friendlys.marth ditto in friendlys next sporly? Am I a communist lol

*gives peace sign*

BTW that match was from FCD from I think a crew battle.

I wrote a little guide on fighting Y.link with ganon in my notebook.I'll post some of the actual stuff from the notebook.I'm alittle mad at my bro right now.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
How to beat y.link with ganon by Red

At sporly 6 I played a y.link in a friendly and lost pretty badly by 2 stock, but this was no ordinary y.link this was Chip and he was the best y.link in WA and one of the best in the country.that was when I had a difficult time understanding what ganon needs to do in matchups.I'm alot better now.I will start with ganon's matchup vs y.link

ganon y.link
1.Ganon vs Y.link:ganon should win 60 to 40

as you can see ganon should be able to win but only if you know what your doing.

2.fighting projectiles:
ganon has alot of power in him meaning he should be able to be hit by most projectiles (excluding lasers) while he's on the ground.all his aerials eat up y.link's projectiles.even his jab can burn through projectiles.If he throws a bomb at you you can grab it usely as long as your not in hit stun

3.things to watch for

y.link is alot faster overall then link

his projectiles are better then links meaning they're stronger,faster and can easily combo you.

can easily edgegaurd you

4.strengths and weaknesses

strengths weakness
throws are excellent for leading into another hit /
really power/
destroys most projectiles/
powerful up B spike/

combos
______

Dair to Dair,If he DI's right of left use forward B leading into an uair or bair.sometimes usmash works for an instant 40 or more damage.

chaingrab: I usely like to do It when he's over 10% then do it till's he's over 75 percent in damage.If he DI's left or right after a throw at low percents grab again by using a JC grab to reduce lag,if DI's left or right at over 80% fsmash him,if up usmash him.

experiment with his throws and dairs and you'll find really useful combo's to do.remember that Dair is his best combo starter

stages
good stages

*Final Destination
*pokemon stadium
*DL64
*battlefield

bad stages(usely small)
_________
*Yoshi story
*fountain of dreams

-Red

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Woah... Luigi Ka-master and TrueJamo. I thought we were friends. Are you knocking TourneyPLAY? I know there are noobs there, but they enjoy being beat by the likes of you and you always get paid, so what's with the lack of love? :dizzy:

Lol, sorry, it's just the couple experiences I've had with it weren't too enjoyable. Mainly just because the lack of people that go though. I mean you guys are great hosts and stuff, and free hotdogs are too good, but the serious lack of attendants kinda makes the drive not worth it.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
Lol, sorry, it's just the couple experiences I've had with it weren't too enjoyable. Mainly just because the lack of people that go though. I mean you guys are great hosts and stuff, and free hotdogs are too good, but the serious lack of attendants kinda makes the drive not worth it.
That's better. :)

By the way.. we're working on getting into the Game Crazy stores much closer to you guys. And if you and your crew would have showed up to Shelton, there were 56 players there with 27 in SMASH alone.

How about the Costume tourney in October. We got guys from Spokane, Hermiston, Yakima and Hermiston to play. Let's talk it up. It's exactly 1 month away with a $500 first place prize!!! :chuckle:

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Yeah, almost all of them... Levi (aka Ovi) beat us pretty bad though.

So my car's full for GC on the 15th, It'll be arti, deva, chip, myself, and possibly icraq. We still on for the smashfest on saturday? I can bring a wii/tv if needed.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I'm very proud of Silent Wolf and DJ combo for doing so well.Chip,I think that you and Deva would've done really well if you went.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
That's better. :)

By the way.. we're working on getting into the Game Crazy stores much closer to you guys. And if you and your crew would have showed up to Shelton, there were 56 players there with 27 in SMASH alone.

How about the Costume tourney in October. We got guys from Spokane, Hermiston, Yakima and Hermiston to play. Let's talk it up. It's exactly 1 month away with a $500 first place prize!!! :chuckle:

Yeah me and Eggz actually have been lookin' forward to that lol. Where's that one being held?

And yay for Otto and Nate and Shane :lick:

artifice

Smash Ace
for the next sporly -

there will -not- be an official tournment unless we get an unexpected number of people that realy want to, so it will be a smashfest. ALSO it will be at Adam's house (i think) becouse most smashers are in cheney right now, so that seemed fitting.

for GC -

chip and diva yall are good for the car pool, we need housing tho.

Legendary_Kyle

Smash Apprentice
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYY EVERYONE!!!! i have to say hi to you guys havent seen you in a while and would like too say hi to my friends and would like to go to this smashfest and if it costs no money then i can bring a friend

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
For some reason, Kyle, that avatar really seems to fit you.
I'm the Juggernaut, *****!

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
It's not a tournament, so there'll be no buy in. I won't be able to provide any rides.
I'm thinking we start this one at noon. My house will work. In the future I think it'd work to have a tournament on campus in the PUB, which should have some rooms we can reserve w/ televisions, or maybe Brady's if his house is bigger.

Legendary_Kyle

Smash Apprentice
I WISH I COULD GET A CAR!!! lol but no money and kamaji i would want to but i dont know where you live but if you want ill give you my address

and anyone up for giving me a ride to Adams house (hehe)

Edit: JUGGERNAUT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom