• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Eastern WA vs Western WA* EWWW January 20th!

brdy_

Smash Lord
I'll show you the way to the place its at if you pick me up tomorrow morning lol. (Either at my house or the plaza) gimme a call before you leave Pullman i left my # on AIM and i'll pm it to you

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
Sooo I am not attending anymore because of all the snow that came down last night. My ride doesn't think he can make it. So I apologize to everyone and I'll try and come next month. This turned out to be disapointing...

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
Welll guys first off this tinks, just the eastern side's luck snow cancels everything. Oh well Me spud will not be able to make it so cross us off the attendance.... lasted snow. Oh well there will only be like 5 people there now anyway.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
wow uh sucks. If any more people are ditching out on me please let me know so I can at least try and get my $50 back.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
nope, can't get the money back. I hope everyone that can make it decides to come. If there isn't enough people I'm not hosting out here anymore.

Deva

Smash Lord
So M3tr01d, how many people are showing up cuz I don't know if my dad will let me drive through this snow and it doesn't seem worth going to if barely anyone shows up, or is the Tourney canceled, I couldn't tell from your last post.

Maybe we can have a smash fest at Matt's. If you come, M3tr01d, I'll reimburse your $50, seriously. I liked your first Tourney and I'd like you to keep hosting them. Fifty bucks will be no problem, just host another in the Spring.

So anyone up for Matt's, I'll call him to see if it's okay. It should be, and fifty bucks for M3tr0id if he shows up.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
well, right now I'm thinking:

Metroid, Beck, Accalon, Mike, Matt, Chip, Deva, Peaches, Red Yoshi, and Andrew. Peaches and andrew weren't sure if they could make it though.

Deva

Smash Lord
hmm...doesn't look too good. Let me check if Matt's going.

I called Matt and it doesn't look like he'll be showing up either. There's just not enough people showing up so it doesn't seem worth driving out there. I'll PM everyone if they want to stop by Matt's. We didn't have casual Fridays yesterday so he said it would be okay to have a smashfest today over at his place. I know it would be a drive for you M3tr01d, but you'll get $50 out of it if you stop by.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
you serious deva? the entire $50?

Right now the tournament is still on because I can't get a refund, but if you chip and matt don't come then it will be pretty much pointless.

The only thing I'm concerned about is making sure I'm not losing more then what the entry fee is, I'm only 16 and don't have a job yet so wasting $50 isn't really something I can do. But if you guys aren't planning on coming and you'll reimburce me the $50 at matt's I'll go to that if you give me the address.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Ok well right now I have to go up there since it was in the newspaper and I hung up flyers, so there might be some people up there already.

Can I get the phone number and address for matt's place? Later today I'll come by if you were going to pay me the $50 deposit back.

Deva

Smash Lord
Sure no problem. I'll send you a P.M. with his contact info. I know it would be annoying to lose fifty bucks especially if your sixteen and I worked a few extra hours the past couple weeks so no prob. Heck, I'll give you a little extra for gas since it's a pretty long drive. You can stop by Matt's anytime. The sooner, the longer the smash fest.....if anyone shows up. Just thought his place would be closer to other Spokane players.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
T-T this is gayness for realz.

really sorry about this whole mess, snow kinda owns western washington hardcore.

the timing was just off i suppose, tourney over the pass in the middle of winter doesn't look good already i guess haha

Chip.

you know what to do
Deva can **** out 50$ regularly, he's that rich.

Well I guess my theory has been disproven(darn!) and I guess I can't come either, since I can't drive.

Ah well, snow's no fun at all. I guess all those money matches, battling Westerns, and that smashfest or whatever will have to wait til spring T_T. This all really sux, bad!

Alex, you should just cancel the whole thing.

Winter ruined it all.

Darkgamer X

Smash Cadet
Ouch!!! sorry for not getting the money back. Winter should be gone already.:mad:
If you are looking for a new place to do tournaments the northtown mall is a good place to go.
someone could rent out the closed card shop at the Lower level of the mall for the day (not today) and have a tournament there.

Spartamus

Smash Apprentice
I was looking forward to beating EW too, oh well smash fest, or tourny that we could die on the way there. tough toss up. (not really)

SlyD

Smash Cadet
sorry i couldnt make that turny. I played wow until 8am and passed out on my computer.

:S

smashing here is perfectly fine, peaches i dont hate you. and umm brady can come if he wants.

i dont want anyone to think i hate them.

stop by anytime and play.

if you dont have my contact info pst me or deva we'll hook you up.

M

Deva

Smash Lord
Ouch!!! sorry for not getting the money back. Winter should be gone already.:mad:
If you are looking for a new place to do tournaments the northtown mall is a good place to go.
someone could rent out the closed card shop at the Lower level of the mall for the day (not today) and have a tournament there.
I tried that before......wasn't worth it. It cost $175 for five hours.

Everyone stop by Matt's today if you get a chance were having a smashfest. Anytime is fine. Let me know if anyone needs his contact info.

Darkgamer X

Smash Cadet
I tried that before......wasn't worth it. It cost $175 for five hours.

Everyone stop by Matt's today if you get a chance were having a smashfest. Anytime is fine. Let me know if anyone needs his contact info.
!!! ok look like I will have to find somewhare else.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Okay. so we had a Smash 64 tournament. . . (This is Peaches BTW)

Results are as follows:

Metroid
Red Yoshi
Max
Dbeck
Peaches
Andrew
Benny

Wow. . . GG guys.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
props to peaches andrew and red yoshi for showing up. you guys own.

also props to Deva for offering to pay me $50, and matt for letting people use his house. Those are all the props though, everyone else is lame and stupid.

Also, about doing a different venue for tourneys, this pizza factory is pretty much the best there is. $50 for getting to use the room all day, 10ish pizzas and free drinks all day. Nobody can come close to that. Of course we have to have numbers to get that deal, but if we have them it's awesome.

Also, N64 is hot. Everyone needs to start getting their A game, cause I think I'm just gonna host those from now on. A lot more fun then melee.

Chip.

you know what to do
Gasp Alex! Plz don't stop hosting melee tournaments there too much fun.

If I give you $50 will you like me again? I'm serious, Deva couldn't take me because we're at matt's right now. You come?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Anyone can give me $50 at any time, any place. lol. I made the money back up though if that's what you're asking, so you'd only be giving me $50 if you wanted to.

I think Darkgamer X is hosting the next one. I'm thinking of running N64 sometime in march, that should give everyone time to prepare. Hopefully I can get some people from out of state to be there too :chuckle:

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
awesome tournament metroid.I'm glad we recorded some melee matches after the tourney.And thanks for commenting on my style:)

Since none of us have really played yet, you guys should all plan on going to the big tourney JumpFreak is hosting in the beginning of March. That one seems like it will be big and why not make it bigger. Sound good?
Then we will go to a Spokane tourney in spring to make it up to you guys.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Since none of us have really played yet, you guys should all plan on going to the big tourney JumpFreak is hosting in the beginning of March. That one seems like it will be big and why not make it bigger. Sound good?

Agreed. Listen to Silent.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Agreed. Listen to Silent.

Top Bottom