• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Eastern WA vs Western WA* EWWW January 20th!

The Pink Godzilla Tourneys have a 20$ entry fee for singles, and used to have 20$ each for 2v2. Now it's 15 or 10$ for 2v2 though.

brdy_

Smash Lord
I'll be attending this for sure (assuming either Peaches or Deva can get me from the bus station (eh??) )

I'll be able to bring a cube with a memory card for sure if needed but thats it (not counting my own controller, of course) and I'll probably end up taking a digital still camera to take pics and post em on facebook or something ;P
If you guys are desperate, I could probably arrange bringing a TV

An E v W crew battle - as Peaches said - would be very one sided. The West side is WAY better than us over here.. I haven't played any of them (to my knowledge) and I know theyre better. I have played the guys in Portland, though, and looking at Tori, Silentwolf and their crew's placement in the TANG tourney and what I've heard from my friends down there I know they're on a much higher level than I am, but they are right where I'd like to be in the near future. I finally got a cube since they dropped so much in price lately (used cubes, that is) and bought Smash for cheap, and I've been practicing almost every day with friends (that are good) while visiting Grants Pass, Oregon.

I think our own power rankings would be awesome :)

After reading the choice awards thread, I would really like to play with R.C., to get some decent practice against some or at least one of you good WA players. Hopefully we will be able to arrange a date where I could go over to WSU or you could come here. The Smash scene here at EWU is crap though - I hope yours over there is better. PS: will PM

All you Spokomptonites - I get back to Cheney this weekend so lets smash .. soon :) I'll keep you posted

Chip.

you know what to do
I'll be attending this for sure (assuming either Peaches or Deva can get me from the bus station (eh??) )

I'll be able to bring a cube with a memory card for sure if needed but thats it (not counting my own controller, of course) and I'll probably end up taking a digital still camera to take pics and post em on facebook or something ;P

An E v W crew battle - as Peaches said - would be very one sided. The West side is WAY better than us over here.. I haven't played any of them (to my knowledge) and I know theyre better. I have played the guys in Portland, though, and looking at Tori, Silentwolf and their crew's placement in the TANG tourney and what I've heard from my friends down there I know they're on a much higher level than I am, but they are right where I'd like to be in the near future. I finally got a cube since they dropped so much in price lately (used cubes, that is) and bought Smash for cheap, and I've been practicing almost every day with friends (that are good) while visiting Grants Pass, Oregon.

After reading the choice awards thread, I would really like to play with R.C., to get some decent practice against some or at least one of you good WA players. Hopefully we will be able to arrange a date where I could go over to WSU or you could come here. The Smash scene here at EWU is crap though - I hope yours over there is better. PS: will PM

All you Spokomptonites - I get back to Cheney this weekend so lets smash .. soon :) I'll keep you posted

Brdy, you're gonna be back!

But with that kind of attitude, we'll never win(although it might be true).

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
Ya, I'm down to play some Eastern WA smashers whenever we're all free after I get back, which will be the 4th. Can't make any promises that I'm great or anything though so don't expect anything out of this world. But you're always welcome to come up to WSU and play smash though and I think a kid me and this kid I met from Unversity of Idaho were going to try and come down to a Spokane smashfest and tourney. The smash scene at WSU is alright. There are about 6 or 7 of us (including Idaho kid) that play smash, but none are TOO serious about it. So it's alright I suppose. Anyways, if you're ever thinking about coming up, feel free to PM or get my screen name and IM me so we can figure things out.

SlyD

Smash Cadet

well...

someone has no confidence.

fear breeds weakness which gives way to failure.

wise words passed from probably some rpg i've played.

but ummm

eastern washington isnt bad anymore. thanks.

M

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Spokane is so far away ; ;, double that of canada and oregon, and im barely willing to drive there for $15 entry fees, which they usually arent, so i usually dont go(oregon mostly),unless someone else drives, I just dont see me going to this. I would love to play all you guys, but the restricted time limit is rather bleh, as in we cant play a lot, maybe if there is a smashfest afterward where a buncha EW playes and us can go too?

I dunno, just after tournament like NCT2 Blue im iffy on traveling unless A) I think i have a good shot at profit, or B)im sure ill have a buncha fun.

SlyD

Smash Cadet
Spokane is so far away ; ;, double that of canada and oregon, and im barely willing to drive there for $15 entry fees, which they usually arent, so i usually dont go(oregon mostly),unless someone else drives, I just dont see me going to this. I would love to play all you guys, but the restricted time limit is rather bleh, as in we cant play a lot, maybe if there is a smashfest afterward where a buncha EW playes and us can go too?

I dunno, just after tournament like NCT2 Blue im iffy on traveling unless A) I think i have a good shot at profit, or B)im sure ill have a buncha fun.
whatever happened to.. playing for fun... why is it all about the greed and bettering yourself?

in anycase i hope to see you there.

M

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
He is concerned with playing for fun, that was part B. But he wants to make sure that the fun balances out the amount of time he spends driving too and from Spokane which is why he wants there to be a smashfest after the tourney. It's not all about money, but paying 20$ too have a little or no fun while getting no profit and driving for hours is not worth it. That's all Tori is trying to say. He's not greedy.

Anyways, Tori I will be at the tourney. We can smash for hours...yes?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
last time everyone left this place at 5pm, I can book it till 9pm(closing) if people will actually stay there. That's 10 hours, don't know how much more smash you need. I'm sorry nobody is going to hand you the prize money :ohwell:

SlyD

Smash Cadet
last time everyone left this place at 5pm, I can book it till 9pm(closing) if people will actually stay there. That's 10 hours, don't know how much more smash you need. I'm sorry nobody is going to hand you the prize money :ohwell:
LOL nice nice.

yea.

gotta do this thing called EARN it.

and umm.

have fun in the process by meeting new people and enjoying lawnmowering/beinglawnmowered.

;-)

M

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
LOL nice nice.

yea.

gotta do this thing called EARN it.

and umm.

have fun in the process by meeting new people and enjoying lawnmowering/beinglawnmowered.

;-)

M
Yes I am down for a little bit of getting lawnmowered myself, I know a lot of you ask yourselves why I even come to these things even though I am not even as good as most of the players there. But I go for the fun and to get better... in that order. I enjoy playing with Fox's style of play and it is fun for me to go and see what others can do and try my best to do decent against others. I do not care what the entrance fee is as long as I get to smash some good players. I will see you all there and cannot wait to play some of the best of the west. Fox and Roy for the win!

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
Hey this is off topic but am I the only one who cannot see reputaion anymore?

brdy_

Smash Lord
Ban him! He asked!

Hey Peaches you up for some smash when I get back? ;D && anyone else of course...?

Chip.

you know what to do
lol @ matt

trust me, if Tori goes, I can almost gaurantee you will be handing him the prize money. not that I need to add to western's crew's ego but srsly.
I was wondering the same thing.

I don't like rep points, just cuz' I don't have any really :(

Eggz

Smash Hero
Tori isn't greedy at all.

10 hours of smash most certainly is not worth the drive we would be making. Someone should host an after-tourney smashfest for eastern and western smashers, that way we can all see our dear friend David for a while, and have some counter regional bonding time/get sleep so we dont die on the way home.

Mike and I really wanna go just to see David. <3

Chip.

you know what to do
Tori isn't greedy at all.

10 hours of smash most certainly is not worth the drive we would be making. Someone should host an after-tourney smashfest for eastern and western smashers, that way we can all see our dear friend David for a while, and have some counter regional bonding time/get sleep so we dont die on the way home.

Mike and I really wanna go just to see David. <3
David who?

BladeWise

Smash Lord
touching indeed. lol

I didnt even realize there was a thread for this. I probably should've posted sooner.
I suppose I'd be down for driving (Nate's van) to Spokane, although my sense of directions arent top tier. =P
(gotta make sure that I can get the day(s) off from work though)

I dont see why you guys have such a problem with ridiculous drives. I go to Syndicate black's place often enough. =P (ohsnap!)

lol @ matt

trust me, if Tori goes, I can almost gaurantee you will be handing him the prize money. not that I need to add to western's crew's ego but srsly.
That's not entirely guaranteed......if he goes insane and plays Marth against RC, then Tori wouldnt win. lol
(Or if i get lucky). :laugh:

SlyD

Smash Cadet
lol @ matt

lol is this depress fest here?

you guys come on... seriously

smile and have faith :D :D :D :D <<< like that.

this is coming from ME

kid... all black... always depressed... seems like he'll shoot everyone in his school.

yep

uhhh

heres a rant

"when the west is brought... the east shall fight..."

:D

M

SlyD

Smash Cadet
Yes I am down for a little bit of getting lawnmowered myself, I know a lot of you ask yourselves why I even come to these things even though I am not even as good as most of the players there. But I go for the fun and to get better... in that order. I enjoy playing with Fox's style of play and it is fun for me to go and see what others can do and try my best to do decent against others. I do not care what the entrance fee is as long as I get to smash some good players. I will see you all there and cannot wait to play some of the best of the west. Fox and Roy for the win!
lol ash i dont ask myself that...

and i hope no one else does...

you come to play... and lawn mower other people...

so what if you cant lawnmower em all... one stocks better than none :D

skill doesnt build the player... the game and a controlled do...

your only as good as you let yourself be...

so now im a councelor??

wtf?

M

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Yea you guys mistook what i said for greed, its about the ratio of time and money spent to the amount of fun i presume i will have.

oh and yea teddy lets do that and get days off work, if you drive ill go, and i could help you drive, just 5 and a half hours is bleh... im not sure why i hate driving so much truthfully lol, im too lazy to drive 30min to skypal every week so...

Edit: sorry left something important out... unless everyone else in the van doesnt care... id rather not go at all if there is no after tourney smashfest where we play all night and get to know eachother(what its all about btw)

so if anyperson in EW could "house" us this event would promise 6 people and maybe even 7 from WW

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
Hey I have no enlarged ego nor have I said anything pertaining to the West being superior to the East. I just want to find new smashers and I look forward to our gathering.

SlyD

Smash Cadet
Hey I have no enlarged ego nor have I said anything pertaining to the West being superior to the East. I just want to find new smashers and I look forward to our gathering.
:)

thats very honorable

M

Peaches

Smash Lord
Sadly, I cannot house anyone. I would if I could though. Not to mention I live over a half hour away from the tournament anyways. . .

Chip.

you know what to do
lol is this depress fest here?

you guys come on... seriously

smile and have faith :D :D :D :D <<< like that.

this is coming from ME

kid... all black... always depressed... seems like he'll shoot everyone in his school.

yep

uhhh

heres a rant

:D

M
Wow, to all unfaithful eastern Washington players(not pointing any fingers) listen to Matt for God's sake. Ye of little faith, we all know that we're good, so let's finally show it. Just remember, win or lose it's an honor to play WW people. It's something I'm never going to forget. I'm honered that they're all coming down here just play us. And plus, I mean c'mon, we got SLyD and Deva ;), you all should feel somewhat confident knowing that.

Top Bottom