• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Easiest way to grind for CDs?

Purio

Smash Cadet
Easiest way I found was by playing Crazy Orders. Just pick the card that has a CD reward. Crazy Hand also drops them too. ... Come to think of it, I think the Orders are the only way to get CDs in the game, other than really random stage drops.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I tried other methods like master ball battles only and even the stage builder, but Mew only appeared once for me and from the looks of it the builder no longer contains those famous needed parts for easy CD drops. Could be wrong.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I've actually found Master Orders to be better for two reasons.

First if you lose a match you only lose one item (or two/three if the reward isn't CDs or coins) instead of half a built up stockpile which is undoubtedly more painful.

Secondly, I've discovered that if you get multiple CDs after a Crazy session, there's a chance you could get repeats of whatever new soundtracks you get in that stockpile. For example I got two CDs for Gusty Garden Galaxy after a run through.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
In my experience, Sandbags don't drop CDs at all, so the lack of Stage Builder props is a moot point. The Orders are the only way to do it beyond random VS drops, and IMO, Master and Crazy are about equally efficient.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Your only best option is to play around with Master Orders and Crazy Orders. Look out for the tickets that will award you with a CD if you complete them.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462

First if you lose a match you only lose one item (or two/three if the reward isn't CDs or coins) instead of half a built up stockpile which is undoubtedly more painful.

Secondly, I've discovered that if you get multiple CDs after a Crazy session, there's a chance you could get repeats of whatever new soundtracks you get in that stockpile. For example I got two CDs for Gusty Garden Galaxy after a run through.
Oddly enough, I never encountered the duplicate CD thing. Maybe I just got lucky. The only time I got 2 of the same CD was when it was the final CD to unlock.

But yeah, the Orders are definitely the way to go. Now I just need to find a way to get custom moves without constantly getting duplicates :\

maxpower1227

Smash Lord

I know the feeling. I *lost* two CDs of Gusty Garden Galaxy in Crazy Orders. I still don't have that song.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main problem with Master Orders is the added elements that may be added onto the tickets. They include Special Smash elements, the damage ratio, gravity, and even size. While you're only gambling for one item (maybe even two if you're trying to get custom parts), you'll pay less for an easy ticket than for a harder ticket.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The main problem with Master Orders is the added elements that may be added onto the tickets. They include Special Smash elements, the damage ratio, gravity, and even size. While you're only gambling for one item (maybe even two if you're trying to get custom parts), you'll pay less for an easy ticket than for a harder ticket.
I've also discovered another problem. Master is way more expensive. With coins being used up left and right with buying the last trophies (they average 1000-2500 a pop now) and paying for Classic I've had to resort to Crazy lately since you can play for free (assuming you've got plenty of tickets which is my case).

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Once you found all random CDs, they stop appearing? Because I don't get any more CDs from Master or Crazy Orders. Can somebody confirm that?

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Once you found all random CDs, they stop appearing? Because I don't get any more CDs from Master or Crazy Orders. Can somebody confirm that?
They do. You should have gotten a message about finding all the CDs, though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They do. You should have gotten a message about finding all the CDs, though.
Some CDs can only be acquired by completing challenges. Most of them can be earned pretty easily, but you'll have to play real hard to get the two Master Fortress CDs.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Some CDs can only be acquired by completing challenges. Most of them can be earned pretty easily, but you'll have to play real hard to get the two Master Fortress CDs.
I did like 20 stages of Crazy Order and not once did I get a CD. I know about those two master fortess songs.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did like 20 stages of Crazy Order and not once did I get a CD. I know about those two master fortess songs.
Do you have the Vs. Parasite Queen CD? That does require some luck to get in Smash Tour, as it requires you to get back the stat boosts that a Metroid may steal from you.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Yeah. They can be really tough to get through Crazy Orders.

That said, the Special Orders are the only modes where you can get CDs outside of random drops as far as I know (I've collected all of the CDs). So Crazy Orders are really your only place (and therefore best place and easiest place) to grind for CDs given that Master Orders isn't really meant for grinding due to the individual price per ticket as opposed to buying tickets in bulk.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Sadly, you really need to be careful with how you use your Golden Hammers this time around, so you pretty much have no choice if you're trying to save your Golden Hammers for something even more brutal.
I have one golden hammer reserved for "Beat All Star Mode with everybody on hard". The other 4 are free. What would you suggest to use them on?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have one golden hammer reserved for "Beat All Star Mode with everybody on hard". The other 4 are free. What would you suggest to use them on?
That's pretty much for you to decide. Just keep in mind that there are a large amount of Golden Hammer immune challenges, which actually includes ALL the challenges involving the unlockable characters.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
That's pretty much for you to decide. Just keep in mind that there are a large amount of Golden Hammer immune challenges, which actually includes ALL the challenges involving the unlockable characters.
Yeah, I can see the crossed out spots when I select a hammer, but I don't wanna use my hammers until I revealed the whole map. Also, good observation! That explains why "beat classic on 5.5 with Wario" is not breakable, lol.

Marigio300X

Smash Cadet
NNID
Marigio300X
3DS FC
2964-8586-7178
Here's my method, in case you want to know:
1) No Items EXCEPT FOR THE MASTER BALL.
2) No CPUs, so you need AT LEAST two controllers handy.
3) Just start chucking master balls at the opponent until Mew comes out. He drops either a Custom, a Trophy, or a CD.
It helps if you use a 50 stock. Also, DON'T EXIT AFTER GETTING THE CD. You need to finish the battle first.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Here's my method, in case you want to know:
1) No Items EXCEPT FOR THE MASTER BALL.
2) No CPUs, so you need AT LEAST two controllers handy.
3) Just start chucking master balls at the opponent until Mew comes out. He drops either a Custom, a Trophy, or a CD.
It helps if you use a 50 stock. Also, DON'T EXIT AFTER GETTING THE CD. You need to finish the battle first.
I did mention I tried the master ball but mew itself is like, super duper rare. Only saw it once it like 5 matches. Would take a LOT longer than just doing Master Orders in my opinion, plus the mode is really addicting to me.

Also maybe its just me but there seems to be a lot less CDs to get this time around outside challenges compared to Brawl, I gotten every one of them now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did mention I tried the master ball but mew itself is like, super duper rare. Only saw it once it like 5 matches. Would take a LOT longer than just doing Master Orders in my opinion, plus the mode is really addicting to me.
Mew would have to be super rare, or else there would be no reason for receiving a milestone for encountering it.

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
Mew isn't THAT rare. Playing a 15 minute match I actually encountered him 3 times. It was pretty swell. An easy way to farm actually is doing that, with you playing amiibos since they pick up items as well. They're pretty helpful.

But yeah, Master Orders seems to be the easier way to do things. Just don't run out of money like I foolishly did without noticing.

Sam!

Smash Rookie
Got them all through master and crazy orders, though it did take some time. I knew from getting the "Weyard" CD 4 times in a crazy order run that I'd got them all. Honestly, gold isn't an issue once you've completed the Dr. Mario 8 fevers in one trophy rush challenge which rewards 100k. The only CD I'm missing is parasite queen from the smash tour challenge.. every time I try, and if by dumb luck the metroid actually appears, the CPUs grab it and it just makes me rage and stop playing.

A friend of mine is using an amiibo to farm them, just set up your amiibo against a lvl 1 CPU for 30mins with master balls set on high and they'll usually have a couple at the end of it.

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
Honestly, gold isn't an issue once you've completed the Dr. Mario 8 fevers in one trophy rush challenge which rewards 100k.
Wow, I didn't know that challenge existed. Definately going to do that as soon as I can. I haven't played much Smash recently due to school work.
As for your trouble with the Parasite CD, I'd suggest using 4 players and trying to play with all 4 at once on a small map. I think as long as a Player gets the hit on the Metroid it'll work.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Mew isn't THAT rare. Playing a 15 minute match I actually encountered him 3 times. It was pretty swell. An easy way to farm actually is doing that, with you playing amiibos since they pick up items as well. They're pretty helpful.

But yeah, Master Orders seems to be the easier way to do things. Just don't run out of money like I foolishly did without noticing.
You don't get the CDs that amiibos pick up, I'm pretty sure.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Wow, I didn't know that challenge existed. Definately going to do that as soon as I can. I haven't played much Smash recently due to school work.
As for your trouble with the Parasite CD, I'd suggest using 4 players and trying to play with all 4 at once on a small map. I think as long as a Player gets the hit on the Metroid it'll work.
This. This makes the "be the last one to hit a boss" challenge incredibly stupid btw. ;)

Polearm

Smash Rookie
Crazy Orders. There's not nearly as rare to get as custom moves or hats so just go or them while you try to get the other stuff too.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Crazy Orders is the easiest method to collect all the CDs while a few of them through the challenges. Master Orders also helps too but not as much.

Last edited:

d00derino

Smash Cadet
Crazy Orders works magic for this. I've only run into repeats in the *same* run. So, one run I could get like 2 of one CD, but then it seems like it's removed from the list the next time around. Also, once you collect all the random CDs the option is removed from Crazy Orders.

I recommend using a Mario build with baseball bat + quick batter + ko healer. KO Healer is great when it comes to the end because you just knock out the non-hands and gain HP back (or even if out) then the hands, aside from the playing card deck, is pretty simple.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
A lot of the Smash Tour challenges can be completed if there are four human players playing.
Too bad that doesn't make it any less boring. I'm trying to clear as many challenges as I can on my own without hammers so I can hopefully play on that dull, dull, dull mode as little as possible.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Too bad that doesn't make it any less boring. I'm trying to clear as many challenges as I can on my own without hammers so I can hopefully play on that dull, dull, dull mode as little as possible.
Good luck with that. Some of the harder challenges are just asking to be Golden Hammered. Smash Tour's challenges are simply just luck-based.

Top Bottom