• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest opponent for Ganon?

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I was semi joking due to mewtwo not being a great character yet he scares me...anyone who can pick me up with his mind and sling me away is darn scary.

His throws and projectile game are what stopped me from saying hes ganon's easiest matchup and he can disrupts ganons recovery even more than most due to mewtwo's amazing recovery.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I like Ganon v. Ganon. You can CG, tech chase, and edge guard all easily.

It probably is really just preference. :ohwell:

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Bowser (slow moving and easy to get hold of) or Pichu (knock him off in a few hits). Yoshi is by no means the easiest for Ganon. He may have no 3rd jump, but his 2nd jump takes him far and increases his weight by so much that he doesn't get knocked back on his 2nd jump.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
I'd beg to differ. Bowser's F-smash + DK's Giant Punch = Ultimate Knockback, plus 22 more characters.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Jigglypuff.
Gannondorf destroys the pink f**k.
That may be true, you need only a few hits to kill Jigglypuff, but Jiggly can **** Ganon as well. Jiggz can edgeguard easily, and dair > up tilt > rest or > uair

It can go either way, imo.

Echoist

Smash Apprentice
I'd say DK is the easiest opponent for Ganon.

Ganon moves are too powerfull so DK can't really sheildgrab since he gets pushed away, also many of ganon's moves goes through DK's sheild.
Ganon can punish DK everytime he tries to get back to the stage when knocked out.
Upb out of sheild works well on DK.
Ganon can combo dk easily.
This is all I can think of now...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
don't listen to mastertrainer, please...he's way off

ganondorf really only has to worry about the top 5, samus, and DK, those are his worst match-ups, but he still has advantages over marth, samus, DK, and peach, and he still does pretty well on fox and sheik...falco's a pain still

it's sad that i use falcon to counterpick falco

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
ya im am an pro...

easiest
dr.mario

hardest
marth
Well, for your grammatical error you should be an hero.

As a Ness/Younglink main, I'd say that I have lots of trouble against a ganon. Hell, my IC has trouble against Ganon. Ganon ***** children. :(

As a GaW main, he's about even with GaW. They can both get each other off the stage pretty well(GaW through combos. Ganon through sheer power) but I'd give the slight edge to GaW. Ftilt edgeguard panspike is too good. :cool:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ganon beats g&w pretty badly, it takes 3-4 hits to kill g&w, there is no way g&w has the advantage

Aesir

Smash Master
coming from a marth/link player:

ganon doesn't haven advantage against marth at all, it's close to even if anything. its one of those marth match ups where marth has to not be lazy. IE: good spacing and making smart choices. if marth can do that he'll win most likely.

Link vs ganon is even, link combos the **** out of ganon and ganon combos the **** out of link it depends on whos the better player and we can edge guard the other quicker.

I don't even see how this has 4 pages on whos ganons easiest match up, its clearly either. kirby or mewtwo >_>

Magus420

Smash Master
Ganon had the advantage on Marth back when good Marths, like, still attacked and stuff.

Tents + Firewood > Ganon in this case.

Also, wtf @ doing "pretty well" against Sheik, and Falco being "a pain". He does pretty well at getting assraped by Sheik XD

Linguini

Smash Master
Even when the marth camps ganon goes even with marth, same with peach, falco goes even with ganon due to ganon bieng able ot kill him with one hit easily at low percents.
And sheik ***** the **** out of ganon, that is set in stone, not even close to fair.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i don't find sheik's that hard

i beat like 8 in a row the other day, i guess it's just me, cause out of his 4 bad match-ups, my ganon does best on sheik and worst on falco

Aesir

Smash Master
lol @ sheik not being a bad match up. >_> its pretty awful for ganon, and lol falco. >_>

ganon does well and it's close to even, thats if marth camps. If marth just attacks he's gonna be eating a lot of damage. =[

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I agree with Mood4Food on Sheik. In my opinion, they aren't nearly as hard. You can CG, and Sheik is pretty light, and poor recovery, etc.

She's still hard, but not as hard, and when I play, I am comfortable using Ganon v. Sheik.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea, i go ganon on everyone...i just suck against marth so i'm training my falcon to tournament level for falcos, marths, and maybe samus', depends on how many samus' i fight

Linguini

Smash Master
haha, what big name sheiks are you guys fighting, I know when I fought Forwards and Speedn's sheik to win you had to be god and the only person who got closest to that level was Tipman before he quit.
Sheik=Ganon's hardest matchup. That's the fact, I could go on naming reasons but I think as ganon mains,we all know :(

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Ganon does some pretty nasty stuff to Link. Link can camp him out for a bit AND combo him pretty well, but it's MUCH easier for Ganon to get started than Link.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm not fighting big name sheik's but i've taken on quite a bit of decent ones, ones that have done well in tournaments too

mood4food77

Smash Hero
bailey used peach, nintendude has a pretty nice peach, and others

but they're no forward or anything

i just don't feel afraid of fighting sheik with ganon

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i meant sheik..XD

yea, nintendude doesn't even use peach, bailey'll use sheik once in a while, but it's not like forward's or Speedn's sheik

Top Bottom