• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest game you have finished

Twewy

Smash Lord
Fable 2. There is no challenge at all in the game other than 100% completion. Super Mario 3D Land was ridiculously easy too, even at the "hard" bits. Never lost a life through my two runs of the game.

D

Deleted member

I beat Rayman 2: The Great Escape within 10 literally short days. There's more I can't name at the moment.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Epic Yarn sounds like a good answer to me. I need to go back and finish that.

Hong

The Strongest
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, is my favourite game of all time. The charming characters, the touching musicals, the cute art direction... No game has brought me to tears more than this one.

It's also toddler-tier difficult and on a functional level a horribly designed game all around.

Last edited:

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious
Prince of Persia.

I'm not sure the word 'challenge' was ever brought up at any point in this game's development.

finalark

SNORLAX
Prince of Persia.

I'm not sure the word 'challenge' was ever brought up at any point in this game's development.
I thought the boss fights were hard.

Because I am really, really bad at button mashing. Seriously, you have to channel the spirit of Woody Woodpecker to finish those fights.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I thought the boss fights were hard.

Because I am really, really bad at button mashing. Seriously, you have to channel the spirit of Woody Woodpecker to finish those fights.
And don't use autofire, or they'll know.

MVboy39

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MVboy39
3DS FC
4940-5715-0569
I finished Portal in 3 hours, right after installing it, and I still love it. Despite its complete lack of replay value, it just doesn't seem to ever get old.

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious
Thankfully my button mashing prowess was honed at a young age in an attempt to overcome Ocelot's torture fetish in MGS1. Thumbs of steel.

It's not a bad game mind you... the art style is charming and the characters are quite fun, I just felt like I was on auto-pilot for the entire experience due to the lack of both challenge and penalty for failure.

finalark

SNORLAX
Thankfully my button mashing prowess was honed at a young age in an attempt to overcome Ocelot's torture fetish in MGS1. Thumbs of steel.
I've always been really bad at it. I actually had to have my friend beat the torture section in MGS1 for me when I was a kid. I was even playing Twin Snakes, where they made it easier and I still failed.

It's not a bad game mind you... the art style is charming and the characters are quite fun, I just felt like I was on auto-pilot for the entire experience due to the lack of both challenge and penalty for failure.
I kind of wish that Ubisoft had continued with that reboot instead of giving us a movie-tie in and then calling it quits. It was flawed, but enjoyable for what it was.

Anyway, another game I felt like was too easy for it's own good:

I don't think this game was terrible by any means, average and kinda boring sure, but not terrible. But man was it easy. It's a platformer where the game won't let you mess up the platforming. Even the combat was really easy. I don't think I died once while I played this.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I 100%'d New Super Mario Bros. 2 in less than a week and died only once or twice.

Last edited:

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
I completed Pokemon X/Y in 22 hours. X/Y has by far probably been the easiest Pokemon game in history since everything is spoon-fed to you throughout the game. Thanks EXP. Share.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
VVVVVV or Cave Story. Both were not really that hard but getting the best ending in Cave Story was, eventually I was able to speedrun best ending and do it easily.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
A lot of you folks are citing game length as a way of determining difficulty. I recently beat MGS1 in one sitting, but it's nowhere near the easiest game I've ever played.

That would probably be some Kirby game or something. But I'm sure I've played something easier. Just can't think of whatever it was at the moment because it probably didn't have much of an impact on me.

VVVVVV or Cave Story. Both were not really that hard but getting the best ending in Cave Story was, eventually I was able to speedrun best ending and do it easily.
Judging by your avatar and mains, I assume you play Pokemon. If so, Pokemon is infinitely easier than VVVVVV. Pokemon can be beaten without effort. VVVVVV definitely has some challenging bits. Would love to see your death count.

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I never thought I'd see the day when someone called VVVVVV easy.
Some people call tasks that are commonly believed to be difficult "easy" because they are insecure and want people to think they are exceptional at whatever that task may be. It's a more subtle way of bragging than just saying you're great at something.

I'm not saying that's what Jellydino was doing, just saying it is done. I do have my suspicions though, because unless those are the only two games he/she's played, there's no way they're the easiest. And again, it would imply that Pokemon is harder, which is laughable.

Oh and by the way, Ghouls'n Ghosts and F-Zero GX are the easiest games I've ever beaten. :awesome:

Last edited:

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
Judging by your avatar and mains, I assume you play Pokemon. If so, Pokemon is infinitely easier than VVVVVV. Pokemon can be beaten without effort. VVVVVV definitely has some challenging bits. Would love to see your death count.
The game itself, just like Cave Story was easy to beat, but hard to 100%. Certain maps in the game were hard and annoyed me, but I thought and used trial and error to see what to do. Also, you would sadly assume wrong. My death count when I beat it normally was 81 and in my 100% run, 247.

Some people call tasks that are commonly believed to be difficult "easy" because they are insecure and want people to think they are exceptional at whatever that task may be. It's a more subtle way of bragging than just saying you're great at something.
Could you be any more snooty and presumptuous? I'm fully aware that if something is easy for me, it may not be easy for others. You're taking some major leaps and bounds right now.

I never thought I'd see the day when someone called VVVVVV easy.
It had it's moments(do as I say, not as I do), but it was fun and easy for me. This may not be the case for everyone else, but I can say that I've seen quite a few streamers who play games competitively (E.G: Sing_Sing, Box Box, Voyboy, Star_ and Eternal_Envy) play it for their first time and get below 50 deaths.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Could you be any more snooty and presumptuous? I'm fully aware that if something is easy for me, it may not be easy for others. You're taking some major leaps and bounds right now.
I'm not saying that's what Jellydino was doing, just saying it is done.
I was specifically referring to people I've dealt with in real life who behave in such a way. It seemed like a reasonable explanation. Because again, I find it highly unlikely that VVVVVV is among the two easiest games you've ever beaten no matter how easy you found it.

Also, you would sadly assume wrong. My death count when I beat it normally was 81 and in my 100% run, 247.
I'd call 81 deaths in a 2ish hour game pretty tough, considering how many games there are in the world that can be easily beaten on a first playthrough without ever dying. I mean, really, have you *ever* whited out against the AI in Pokemon? Let alone 81 times?

Having said that, that is a pretty good count. And at the end of the day, I'm trying to convince you of something subjective that really doesn't matter, and even though I disclaimed them, I made some inappropriate character implications. For that, I apologize.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
VVVVVV is not an easy game.

Like @ Nixon Corral Nixon Corral corral said, 81 deaths in a game that takes only about two to three hours to beat is still quite a number.

Yeah, it's not nearly as punishing as some games are, but punishing =/= difficult.

Twewy

Smash Lord
If you can say you had trouble with the game, you really can't say it was "easiest game you played", either.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
VVVVVV is not an easy game.
Again, you seem to not understand that hard and easy is entirely subjective, based on the player. There's people who found DS not as hard as others who found it one of the hardest games to ever exist. You seem to not entirely understand how a subjective opinion and personal experience works. Don't worry, I hyperlinked it for you friendo.

I mean, really, have you *ever* whited out against the AI in Pokemon? Let alone 81 times?
That'd require me to play pokemon for that. My only knowledge of Pokemon is manga, anime, stadium, spinoffs and Pokemon Showdown.

finalark

SNORLAX
Again, you seem to not understand that hard and easy is entirely subjective, based on the player. There's people who found DS not as hard as others who found it one of the hardest games to ever exist. You seem to not entirely understand how a subjective opinion and personal experience works. Don't worry, I hyperlinked it for you friendo.
Let's rumble.

When designing a game the single most important thing above all else is how a game feels. The reason why I said that punishment is not the same as difficultly is because a punish game feels difficult. The reason why VVVVVV feels easier than something like Dark Souls is because it doesn't punish you as hard for failure. That being said, you still lost eighty one times over a course of about two to three hours. Eight one times you failed the challenge given to you. I can say that's a hell of a lot more times than most people have failed other games.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Certainly a lot more challenge than some games listed here. In Fable 2 you literally cannot lose.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
Let's rumble.
What a cool guy! You must be really nice and good player

When designing a game the single most important thing above all else is how a game feels. The reason why I said that punishment is not the same as difficultly is because a punish game feels difficult. The reason why VVVVVV feels easier than something like Dark Souls is because it doesn't punish you as hard for failure. That being said, you still lost eighty one times over a course of about two to three hours. Eight one times you failed the challenge given to you. I can say that's a hell of a lot more times than most people have failed other games.
Guess you're a videogame designer to make such assumptions on what goes on when making a game. What games have you made friendo? I'd love to play them sometime! But I wonder, how much times did you die in VVVVVV if you're trying to "rag" on me for dying 81 times in the game? You must be really nice and good player

finalark

SNORLAX
Guess you're a videogame designer to make such assumptions on what goes on when making a game. What games have you made friendo? I'd love to play them sometime! But I wonder, how much times did you die in VVVVVV if you're trying to "rag" on me for dying 81 times in the game? You must be really nice and good player
I'm not trying to "rag" on you for dying 81 times. I probably died more, I'm just saying that's a lot of times to die in a short game. Hell, that's more time than most people die in full length games.

And in case you're wondering, I have made a ton of homebrew board games, a few small games on RPG maker and game maker and at one point I was convinced that I was going to be a game designer, so I researched and learned as much about making games as possible. Not that it really matters if you believe me or not, since your mind seems to be made up on how you're going to handle this discussion.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
Not that it really matters if you believe me or not, since your mind seems to be made up on how you're going to handle this discussion.
To be honest, I stopped caring since the first post. I just entertained it because you guys seemed to have a good ol deralin' circlejerk about it and who am I to ruin your fun?

Twewy

Smash Lord
To be honest, I stopped caring since the first post. I just entertained it because you guys seemed to have a good ol deralin' circlejerk about it and who am I to ruin your fun?
To be honest, I was just curious on how a game that gave you problems can still be considered the easiest game you've played. If I gave you some form of hell or harassment for your opinion, I'm sorry for that. No need to get so passive-aggressive.

On-topic, I remembered how easy Pokemon Snap was. It was a fun little thing, but I have to say it was easier than my previous post's games. By a longshot.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Rise Of The Dark Spark is ridiculously easy compared to War for/Fall of Cybertron.

I beat the entire campaign within 5 hours.

And I obtained the Platinum trophy within 5 days.

Yeah.

Richtea007

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richtea87
3DS FC
0903-2753-0592
Anything from Telltale games... jk :p. I would say "New Super Mario bros" for the DS comes to mind.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
New super mario bros on the DS. I not good at video games, but I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to be able to speed run Bowser's castle in World 8 without taking damage. It is a case of either A. the game being easy or B. Fire flower OP plz nerf

Top Bottom