• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest game you have finished

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
Endless Ocean: Blue World on Wii. You pretty much just swim around and look at fish lol. Great game though, very relaxing to play.

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
DKC: Tropical Freeze

I'm kidding, Epic Yarn because I'm pretty sure Mario Party doesn't count

Lichi

This is my war snarl
The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker was pretty damn easy. I think you actually have to try to lose all hearts on purpose or jump into lava to get killed.

Assassin's Creed 1 was also ridiculously cheap due to the counter mechanic and little variety in enemies.

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
I found Mario Galaxy 2 to be incredibly easy. Perhaps it was just the fact that I had already played the original and gotten used to the mechanics but I remember the game feeling more like extra levels rather than a brand new game.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Probably Sonic Colors or New Super Mario Bros. DS, regardless; both of them are crazy fun games, IMHO.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If you can't lose, it doesn't count as a game.
This makes absolutely no sense. Being able to lose or not lose has nothing to do with what video games are about.

Anyways, my answer would be Kirby's Epic Yarn, since assuming you aren't going for 100% completion, it is a breeze to finish... but Little Inferno is even easier, which is understandable since the game is more of an "experience" of sorts.

Last edited:

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Persona 1 on PSP is really easy (on the SEBEC route) if you get a Lilim with Megidola, which isn't difficult at all. She's immune/resistant to a lot of things and not a lot of enemies reflect nuke damage, plus Megidola targets all enemies. Game was a cakewalk.

Tales of Vesperia as well (at the default difficulty), blahblahblah- TIDAL WAVE!

Does Animal Crossing; New Leaf, count? Even if it's not technically "beatable", it's so easy to get everything if you time travel, or go to Beetle Island.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
This makes absolutely no sense. Being able to lose or not lose has nothing to do with what video games are about.
Okay, imagine this - There's a shooting gallery type thing that's been called game. You have infinite bullets, no time limit, and in general no way for the game to end unless you close it out. You can only keep shooting at targets, which increases your score. Your score can't decrease. Is that a game? There's no point to playing it at all. You can't win, and nothing happens when you make your shot, except that your score goes up. No matter how you define the words "lose" or "win" you can't do it. There's no penalty for poor play, and no reward for good play. It's pointless in every definition of the word.

Well, guess what. It exists. It's on the Action 52 multicart for the NES. Play that and then tell me you can call it a game. I'm not asking judgement on whether it's a good or a bad game, just whether you can honestly call it a "game" at all, and if you can, then how you determine what a game is except that someone called it a game.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Pokemon X.

No wonder many consider gen six a disappointment.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Hmm...

Kingdom Hearts II was incredibly easy. Just picked up 2.5 so I'm finally able to experience Critical Mode. Although I'm still a little disappointed that a lot of the bosses can still be beaten by just mashing X, I've been dying more so...that's something!

Actually KH1 on Normal was also pretty easy. Never tried it on proud. Hardest parts were the annoying platforming segments.

I found Portal 1 to also be pretty easy.

Shounen

Smash Rookie
I'm totally copping out with this answer here but, uh, The Graveyard. Pretentious indie game from a pretentious indie developer where you play as an old lady as she walks down a graveyard, sits on a bench and then gets up and leaves.

Also, if they count: visual novels that don't have any choices in them

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Easy (no pun intended).

Super Mario 64. I can finish that game in a day.

Kasran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kasran
Okay, imagine this - There's a shooting gallery type thing that's been called game. You have infinite bullets, no time limit, and in general no way for the game to end unless you close it out. You can only keep shooting at targets, which increases your score. Your score can't decrease. Is that a game? There's no point to playing it at all. You can't win, and nothing happens when you make your shot, except that your score goes up. No matter how you define the words "lose" or "win" you can't do it. There's no penalty for poor play, and no reward for good play. It's pointless in every definition of the word.

Well, guess what. It exists. It's on the Action 52 multicart for the NES. Play that and then tell me you can call it a game. I'm not asking judgement on whether it's a good or a bad game, just whether you can honestly call it a "game" at all, and if you can, then how you determine what a game is except that someone called it a game.
Well - what's your definition of "lose"? In a competitive multiplayer game the easy definition is yielding victory to an opponent, but I think in single-player contexts you have to be more precise.

Not especially long ago (on arcades and early consoles), losing meant losing all your lives and running out of continues - under which definition the vast majority of games made today are impossible to lose, since we're given checkpoints and infinite continues. In that new environment the best definition for losing is probably being unable to progress past some challenge. Of course, Kirby's Epic Yarn lacks this as well - all that happens when you get hit by an enemy or a hazard is that you lose some of your gems (if I recall correctly; it's been a while).

But rather than categorically dismiss it as "not a game", I think we should look at it further. Challenge is still there, even if it's not punished heavily. It's harder than you might think to get as many gems as you can in a level without getting hit once, for instance. Epic Yarn is still an incredibly easy game (probably the easiest I've ever beaten, up there with Squeak Squad), but it is a game.

Sorry for the long-winded derail! I enjoy discussing these sorts of topics.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Well - what's your definition of "lose"? In a competitive multiplayer game the easy definition is yielding victory to an opponent, but I think in single-player contexts you have to be more precise.

Not especially long ago (on arcades and early consoles), losing meant losing all your lives and running out of continues - under which definition the vast majority of games made today are impossible to lose, since we're given checkpoints and infinite continues. In that new environment the best definition for losing is probably being unable to progress past some challenge. Of course, Kirby's Epic Yarn lacks this as well - all that happens when you get hit by an enemy or a hazard is that you lose some of your gems (if I recall correctly; it's been a while).

But rather than categorically dismiss it as "not a game", I think we should look at it further. Challenge is still there, even if it's not punished heavily. It's harder than you might think to get as many gems as you can in a level without getting hit once, for instance. Epic Yarn is still an incredibly easy game (probably the easiest I've ever beaten, up there with Squeak Squad), but it is a game.

Sorry for the long-winded derail! I enjoy discussing these sorts of topics.
I haven't played Epic Yarn, so I'll try to give a response.

In the context of trying to determine whether or not something is a game, I usually define "lose" as a failure state that prevents you from continuing from your current location/session. You must a restart from a specific point - From a save, save state, the beginning of a level, a checkpoint, or even the beginning of the game. I'm a little flexible in this, and I'm really flexible in defining what the goal (the "win state") is. For example, if my shooting gallery example was given a time limit, I would define it as a game, since the goal is now to get the highest possible score in the time allotted. Of course, there are some games (like The Sims or Dwarf Fortress) that don't have an explicit win state, but do have a clearly defined failure state. For these examples, I consider the goal to be to keep from losing for as long as possible.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Any of the mainline Pokemon handheld games, Kirby 64, Paper Mario. I know these games are easy because I beat them, and I suck at video games. Lol.

Although, playing Kirby 64 recently I couldn't beat the boss of the second star, yet I could when I was a kid. LOL

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Any of the mainline Pokemon handheld games, Kirby 64, Paper Mario. I know these games are easy because I beat them, and I suck at video games. Lol.

Although, playing Kirby 64 recently I couldn't beat the boss of the second star, yet I could when I was a kid. LOL
The only real struggle I've had with the mainseries Pokemon games was with Ghetsis and that damn underleveled Hydreigon.

PinballWizard00

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pinballwizard00
3DS FC
3325-1688-9149
Pokemon X, especially with that exp. share.
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, for me that game gives me lives I never really needed.

MongoDB

Smash Rookie
I found Mario Galaxy 2 to be incredibly easy. Perhaps it was just the fact that I had already played the original and gotten used to the mechanics but I remember the game feeling more like extra levels rather than a brand new game.
Agreed.

Not sure, KH2's up there. Beyond Good and Evil maybe?

Marxally

Smash Apprentice
For me it's Kirby 64; not 100% but it felt too short for me, played for a couple of days and beated it.

Disasterbate5k

Smash Rookie
NNID
DomJon96
Switch FC
SW 3084 0409 4228
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth for me. That would be 1000 gamerscore in about 15 minutes and about an hour to complete in total. I have never been so ashamed of a game and the gamerscore it gave me.

I'm a huge fan of the series, so being upset with it is quite the achievement.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
What are you guys talking about? The Touhou series is definitely the easiest games ever. :troll:
I personally think Kirby: Squeak Squad was really easy. You can easily speedrun the game within 2-5 hours.
Pokemon X/Y also stands out as really easy as the AI is really braindead and Exp. Share while great for making the process of making competitive Pokemon easier just makes the main game too easy. At least, ORAS gave me SOME challenge but X/Y actually made me yawn when playing through it a second time. And it was a nuzlocke. Yeah...
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones is easy too because Seth is the most broken unit in the entire game. Really, an early game pre-promote with great bases, perfect weapon ranks and even better growths than the early game Cavaliers? Definitely a broken unit for Fire Emblem standards.
Doesn't mean I hate these games tho. I still have fun with them.

Also, Jesus Christ you people. Let people have their opinions. Don't just gang up someone just because they think a game that is normally considered hard is easy for them.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd have to say Pokemon X and Y. Which is funny because it gave me hell when I tried doing it without the Exp. Share, yet when I turned it on it's like all I was meant to do is mash A.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I don't exactly know how to choose the easiest game I've finished... A lot of games I finish with ease are games I've been playing since childhood.
If you count those, then I could say Super Mario World is the easiest game I ever played since I can seriously go the entire game without dying once and then finish it with all 96 exits in an afternoon. The cape lets you skip atleast 80% if you know how to fly with it, and at least 95% of it if you're very good with it. That's implying SMW is any difficult without it.
If you don't, then yeah, I'll say Pokemon Y was the easiest. The Exp. Share is the culprit, here. I will admit, I actually got very close to losing to one of the Elite 4 members the first time playing through the game since I was way too cocky and had no healing items with me other than revives, but I still beat him and then beat the rest of the E4 with no problem at all.
Also, just because mister Rashyboy decided to mention Touhou, here... I must say Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View isn't exactly challenging on Normal. It's far from the easiest game I played, but I only needed something like 5 tries to 1cc it on Normal, meanwhile all of the other Touhou games I 1ccd (6, 7, 8, 13) took me atleast three times that.
Touhou 10 doesn't count because I used Marisa B-ugged, shhhhh.

Last edited:

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
Not sure why people thought Touhou games are easy to finished (in Easy/Normal of course). They are usually the easiest to finished in the Bullet Hell genre. Dodonpachi and Mushihimesama are considered the hardest to finished (to beat the true final boss) as far as I can tell.

I would say Pokemon X and Y and Zelda Twilight Princess are the easiest games that I ever finished. For the Pokemon one, I hardly get blacked out despite there are some challenging battles that I would originally have trouble to defeat them. For the Zelda one, most enemies and bosses give me little damage and I have no trouble dealing with them except the Darknuts and King Bulblin.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
Not sure why people thought Touhou games are easy to finished (in Easy/Normal of course). They are usually the easiest to finished in the Bullet Hell genre. Dodonpachi and Mushihimesama are considered the hardest to finished (to beat the true final boss) as far as I can tell.
I'm perfectly aware that the Touhou series are among the easiest games in the Bullet Hell genre. Thing is, the Bullet Hell genre by itself is hard. I cannot think of one Bullet Hell game that is easy to beat.

supa*

Smash Cadet
I would have to go with Pokemon Snap. When I first got it, I had trouble beating it. When I go back to it now though, it's so simplistic and easy that I can run through the entire game in around 2 hours. The challenge of the game completely relied on artificial lengthening by blocking certain areas until you "solved" the puzzle blocking your progress. These puzzles rarely require any thought process and you just throw balls at random polygons that don't look right until you accidentally trigger an event.

Honourable mention to Super Mario Galaxy (and 2 I guess). I heard people had difficulty with navigation of the 3D objects, but I found it too easy. My thirst for challenge like in SM64 or the FLUDDless levels in SMS was not quenched.

Also shout outs to Luigi's Mansion: A game so short that any difficulty is negligible.

Top Bottom