• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest alternating throws?

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
All throws are good for me, obviously no one can chain grab up throws. Fthrows are the easiest. The best K.O out of an alternating grab for me is grab with Nana, charge an usmash with Popo using C-stick and Z, then use back throw with Nana into the fully charged usmash. That can K.O a bowser that doesn't D.I at 68%! if used at perfect timing

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
All throws are good for me, obviously no one can chain grab up throws. Fthrows are the easiest. The best K.O out of an alternating grab for me is grab with Nana, charge an usmash with Popo using C-stick and Z, then use back throw with Nana into the fully charged usmash. That can K.O a bowser that doesn't D.I at 68%! if used at perfect timing
Uthrow is only for finisher. Very interesting to throw an opponent up, have him think I made a mistake until Nana comes up and Uair or Nair him away. =3

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
charge an usmash with Popo using C-stick and Z, then use back throw with Nana into the fully charged usmash. That can K.O a bowser that doesn't D.I at 68%!
There's not time enough to fully charge a smash at such low%'s if your opponent is buttonmashing i believe.

coconutcommander

Smash Rookie
Ok so i decided to try this stuff. In training mode within 2-3 hours i can do b-throw to d-throw enough for an upsmash kill easy.

So i wanted to mix it up, i can now do the b-throw b-throw pivot easy too.

I still cant do f-throw f-throw right o.o there some secret im not part of here? :p

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
You have to press Z earlier for Nana, because of frame delay. Popo; Z when Nana throws. Practice my friend. :D

coconutcommander

Smash Rookie
Ok i got it a couple of times, still find it way harder >.< the d-throw one is kinda tough but i experimented and its way easier to do in a dashgrab :)

Is it possible to do the back throw to heavier characters like snake? I cant find the timing like at all

Which one would be easiest for heavy guys? f-throw?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I fthrow heavies/big characters. For bthrowing them, wait a little, then do the grab after youve thrown.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
For Snake, TAP REALLY HARD on the control stick to b-throwing and that's goes for the rest for the heavy ones except that it doesn't need to be a very hard to tap.
I do b-throw (But Nana often dashes after it) to f-throw on heavy often, but if it comes a non dash grab from Nana, then I'd do b-throw again.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
It's probably better to do a different chaingrab, at least at low percentages. If you need to react to Nana's position before deciding which throw to do, good button mashers could escape.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Against light characters I use the bthrow -> dthrow, repeat, usmash. Against heavier characters I'll dthrow -> dthrow to the edge and NT spike. I've always found these to be easiest.

I also find myself doing fthrow -> bthrow against heavy characters. Doesn't require too much space, keeps your opponent in the same spot.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
i've never attempted alternating bthrows, and i don't think they're necessary.
bthrow>dthrow (buffered dthrow on a platform)>repeat>usmash does fine for the light to medium cast.

alternating fthrows and dthrows to the edge works well against medium to heavy characters.
against the heaviest characters, footstools are very easy and allow you to smash with nana in between throws. you can even do a pivot regrab with popo from a footstool if you need to turn around with a heavy character. bthrows work too, but they can be harder to do on heavier characters.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I find Bthrows easiest for the whole cast. And Bthrow chain is l337. :laugh:

haha
i don't have a problem with the first bthrow for anyone, i just find the fthrow/dthrow easier on the heavies.
the hardest thing for me is alt. bthrows. i can never get the second regrab (i've actually practiced this with little results)
is there a trick i'm missing here?
:confused:

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Take note of your spacing when you do alternating bthrows. It's possible that you have the timing right, but you're not positioning yourself correctly when grabbing with Popo.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
i guess that's it.
there's not much time for me to mess up the spacing though.
it's just a turnaround movement with popo, right?
i didn't think he's supposed to move...

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
I actually didnt know about the P-Bthrow>N-Dthrow>P-regrab>repeat, but after trying it I'm finding that to be the easiest...just need to work on consistency

Yeah, I'm having alot of trouble with the alt Bthrows too. My Popo just seems to refuse to regrab =/

Top Bottom