• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthworm Jim for Brawl!

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I fully support Earthworm Jim. At first it was just a joke, but now I'm very, very serious about it. In a way, I wish I would've been this time last year or two years ago, that way I could've seriously pitched the idea.

Man..... he's Groovy!

I'm going to try and make my own SSBB tags for him soon.
A "WTF 3rd Party" character for sure.

Oh, also..... Just think about his stage. I dunno which to take it from. The 4 musics.... 2 of them have to be Andy Asteroids and the Psycrow battle music from EWJ1.

His Victory music would be Rodeo Jim, and I like the idea of Eat Cow raining cows as his Final Smash.

All of the "I hate him"s in this thread is just udderly pointless.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Sad thing is, people actually support him.
And why shouldn't they? he's a great character, and was an icon in SNES days. But his cartoon was cancelled after 22 episodes, then Shiny sold the rights and other companies made Earthworm Jim 3D (Hardly Great), and Earthworm Jim: Menace 2 the Galaxy (EPIC FAIL!). Then he just disappeared. Several companies have tried to ressurect them, but all of their attempts have either been cancelled or never got off the ground, and yet nobody has bothered asking the original developement team to help.

I support Jim for Brawl, but I acknowledge that because of nearly a decade of his absence, and the fact that nobody in Japan would have any idea who he is, he has no chance in hell.

I'd like to see him, but I know I won't. I think I speak for all of his supporters when I say that.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
An icon? I am sorry but he isnt an icon he had a few games back in the day but was nothing more than a passing series that yet again ended up in failure.

And the fact that pople want to have a character like that in this games shows how much they don't care for it.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
An icon? I am sorry but he isnt an icon he had a few games back in the day but was nothing more than a passing series that yet again ended up in failure.

And the fact that pople want to have a character like that in this games shows how much they don't care for it.
Earthworm Jim did not fall into obscurity because he was a bad character. He certainly didn't deserve it because of lack of merit for his character. He was just a victim of his circumstances, nothing more.

Jim was ranked up on the heels of Mario and Sonic in his heyday, and some of us do remember that heyday with fondness. He used to be an icon, and heck, if his current owners wanted to, they could raise him back up to be one instantly. It happened with Metroid.

As for your second comment, if you honestly think including Jim, or any other character, would degrade Brawl's quality, then you have problems.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
No I don't. Its common sense crap unworthy characters degrade a game. And again I am sorry but back in the day he wasn't up there with Mario or Sonic, the Metroid series was just in hiatus it wasn't dead like EJ.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
No I don't. Its common sense crap unworthy characters degrade a game. And again I am sorry but back in the day he wasn't up there with Mario or Sonic, the Metroid series was just in hiatus it wasn't dead like EJ.
Do you want to provide a reason why Jim is a "crap unworthy character," or refrain from doing so and instead be a crap unworthy poster?

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Would you like to give me a reason why he isnt a crap unworthy character instead of being a crap unworthy poster?

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Would you like to give me a reason why he isnt a crap unworthy character instead of being a crap unworthy poster?
Frankly, I don't have to. This entire thread, which you have clearly failed to read, is full of them. So with that being the case, what was the point of coming in here like all the other nitwits and posting "I don't like Jim on face value, therefore he sucks, everyone who likes him sucks, and Brawl would suck if it contained him." That argument has been made before by better trolls than you, sir, on just about every page. You have contributed absolutely nothing to this thread aside from a few bumps, which are just about the only good thing that have resulted from this stink-fest. Good day.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Wow great reason for him to be in the game.

Is this what you do to all people that don't support your characters?

Seriously Lara ****ing croft is more worthy, so why don't you actually give me some reasons instead of acting like a stuck up ***.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Wow great reason for him to be in the game.

Is this what you do to all people that don't support your characters?

Seriously Lara ****ing croft is more worthy, so why don't you actually give me some reasons instead of acting like a stuck up ***.
I believe I said Good Day.

Top Bottom