• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthworm Jim for Brawl!

REFUSEDx

Smash Apprentice
He did have a game on the N64 but I see it as unlikly, But I think it would be an awesome Idea, he is definatly one charecter that would fit in if they put him in there.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
<___________<;;;;;;;;;; Seriously... Would you enjoy when you see this character select screen and see Earthworm Jim between Mario and Link? I'd rather have Ronald McDonald or something... But this is just lame.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Jim's been in a fighting game before. Clayfighter 63 1/3. And Interplay made a mess of that. (Had they not had spacing limitations as originally planned and weren't strapped for time with the final product, it wouldn't be as greatly bad mouthed as originally intended)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sure Earthworm Jim is real. Hell I think I saw him without suit yesterday. He's was a pretty nice guy. I even offered helping him finding his suit back but I couldn't cause all people around asked why the **** I was talking to a worm. So I lifted him and putted him in my pocket. Then all of a sudden I felt something crawling in my boxers... Then I pulled my pants down and I've noticed Jim wasn't in my pocket anymore... o.o Im sorry to tell you but your favorite action hero is homosexual and he sure knows how to tell that... O_O

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No Im 100% positive. And I also want Earthworm Jim being playable in the next Micky Mouse racing. WOULDNT TAHT B AWZUM!?

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
What exactly do people have against Earthworm Jim?

Although he has next to no chance to get in considering the lack of popularity in Japan and the fact that it was made by some random guy in America.

There's no question that he'd fit, but it's next to impossible :/

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
It could work purely because he's funny, and gathering a moveset wouldn't be that difficult. Not likely given the circumstances, but it would be funny.

...What, I liked his old games and show; he was funny.

Dragonz

Smash Rookie
I dont know about all the hate but I think earthworm Jim would make a pritty fun character to play as in SSBB. I'd rather have him than more boring pokemons. (Except jigglypuff , gotta love the puff) :)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
This is not a joke. In fact, I think it is one of the better new character suggestions mentioned in a long time. Good job. Jim actually was in an action game of some sort. He is a fighter. This is a good idea.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Earthworm Jim's stats: Strength: 3 Speed: 3 Weight: 3 height: 4 Jump: 3 Overall:3

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Elmo would be better, he opens the game up to a larger audience is more well known and we have all known and loved him since we were youngins and with all those tickle me elmos a moveset would be easy, and let's not forget Elmo is a zillion times more popular than earthworm jim.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
wtf, Elmo is not going to be in this game. Elmo sucks.

BUT, if he had stats...Strength:1 Speed:1 Height:2 Weight:1 Jump:1 Overall:1

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Marshigio said:
wtf, Elmo is not going to be in this game. Elmo sucks.

BUT, if he had stats...Strength:1 Speed:1 Height:2 Weight:1 Jump:1 Overall:1
Elmo is better than Earthworm Jim as he is not a worm he is an original and real little red thing :)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
xianfeng said:
Elmo is better than Earthworm Jim as he is not a worm he is an original and real little red thing :)
Fine, I'll admit I like Elmo better than Earthworm Jim(which isn't saying much)

But Earthworm Jim was funny.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Marshigio said:
Fine, I'll admit I like Elmo better than Earthworm Jim(which isn't saying much)

But Earthworm Jim was funny.
and Elmo isn't funny he would be the funny, cute, powerhouse character in SSBB Elmo should be in S2B2 and he should be god tier!

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Whatever, just as long as you don't add Elmo to who you want for SSBB.

Meta Alex

Smash Cadet
I like this idea. Eathworm Jim, IMHO, was quite funny, and my favourite character in Clayfighter.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Marshigio said:
Whatever, just as long as you don't add Elmo to who you want for SSBB.
Good Idea!

and btw Nintendo brought the rights for Geno and the other SMRPG characters from square so you might wanna update your sig ;)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
xianfeng said:
Good Idea!

and btw Nintendo brought the rights for Geno and the other SMRPG characters from square so you might wanna update your sig ;)
The best part about this thread was learning that.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1. Sorry, but the director said that he wasn't going to be taking charactrs from anime. And concidering Earthworm Jim was from a cartoon before he was a game, it's just not going to happen.

2. Jim being in? Dear god NO.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
Mic_128 said:
1. Sorry, but the director said that he wasn't going to be taking charactrs from anime. And concidering Earthworm Jim was from a cartoon before he was a game, it's just not going to happen.

Mario was also in a cartoon. and DK, and Kirby, and Meta Knight, and Pikachu, and Pichu, and Luigi, and Bowser, and Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff, and Yoshi, and Peach.

I think its reasonable to say that the fact that their from cartoons simply doesn't matter.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Hold it SSbMasterFox! I believe the reference there is that ol' Jim _originated_ in a cartoon. All those you named were in games before their show. (and DK, if I recall, only had an animated show, not standard cartoon sort of show)

But the statement stands, Jim came from a Show before the game, which neigh kills his chance. But I think our belevolent derector might be refering to characters exclusively or mostly associated with their cartoons. Earthworm Jim, to me and many people I know, is mainly remembered for his game. Time will tell.

Top Bottom