• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread - Day 3 Stream is here!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm HYPED! Literally my only "wishlist" character left. Now I don't care who we get, anyone will make me happy! :D Also guys is there another general "leaks/rumors" thread to hang out in after E3? I can never find a general one, they always turn into social non spoiler threads.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Banjo & Kazooie are greyed out for me.
They aren't greyed out for me, but I can't click on them to go to their page. Don't know why, I can for Hero. Maybe Nintendo wants to hide Banjo's alts for some reason? Or more likely somebody made an oopsie and Banjo has a broken link or something, idk.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They aren't greyed out for me, but I can't click on them to go to their page. Don't know why, I can for Hero. Maybe Nintendo wants to hide Banjo's alts for some reason? Or more likely somebody made an oopsie and Banjo has a broken link or something, idk.
Their page doesn't exist at this time. They probably have nothing to actually reveal properly beyond the reveal. We had similar issues with Joker.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Their page doesn't exist at this time. They probably have nothing to actually reveal properly beyond the reveal. We had similar issues with Joker.
Was that the case? I thought at least Plant had their page up pretty soon after their debut, didn't check the site around the time Joker came. Weird how Hero has a couple screenshots and showing off his alts at least, but Banjo doesn't. Maybe it has something to do with him not coming out until the Fall, I imagine.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Was that the case? I thought at least Plant had their page up pretty soon after their debut, didn't check the site around the time Joker came. Weird how Hero has a couple screenshots and showing off his alts at least, but Banjo doesn't. Maybe it has something to do with him not coming out until the Fall, I imagine.
Not a lot of work done on him. We saw very little Banjo gameplay too. Like, less than Hero. So that's probably related.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I am really hoping Dead Island 2 is finally unveiled within the next couple of days, and comes on the Switch so that I can play it mobile.

Dan

Smash Lord
What happened to that Ninjala game they showed last year?

Edit: I kinda hate E3 cause I literally come home and have 50 tabs open at time, trying to catch up on everyone's reactions (text and video), as well as the content itself.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I'm mad that people are mad that Animal Crossing is delayed.

Honestly I'm happy when a game is delayed anymore. The video game industry's reliance on employee abuse during crunch time is disgusting and I'm thrilled that more people are becoming aware of it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Animal Crossing delay is fustrating but seeing the game in action assures me it'll be worth the wait.

Pokemon not having them all to catch however, that's a major doozy of a pickle.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Pokemon not having them all to catch however, that's a major doozy of a pickle.
Oh, yeah. I heard about that. That could honestly kill the series for me. Me personally? I don't care about the story or characters in the slightest--the fun of the games is like 20% exploration and 80% collecting things. If I can't see my whole collection in one place...

Well, I'll probably try at least one version of this gen, but I think that would dissuade me from getting 9 or onward. And I consider myself a major Pokemon fan.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh, yeah. I heard about that. That could honestly kill the series for me. Me personally? I don't care about the story or characters in the slightest--the fun of the games is like 20% exploration and 80% collecting things. If I can't see my whole collection in one place...

Well, I'll probably try at least one version of this gen, but I think that would dissuade me from getting 9 or onward. And I consider myself a major Pokemon fan.
I think what'll happen is once the intermediary game comes out (Sharp Sword or Gen 4 remake) they'll add the ability to transfer all old Pokemon but you still won't be able to trade them to Sword and Shield specifically.

While I think things will work out, it is important to kick up a stink as Game Freak need to not get complacent.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Sharp Sword
I really hope they don't pull that again. I was really disappointed with USUM. Given that the only time they'd done two director's cut versions in the past was B2W2, which had an absolutely massive amount of new and unique content, I expected more from USUM. What I got was just along the usual lines of a DX version, but split into two because they wanted to capitalize on SM's popularity and make that $$$, and they knew people would buy it.

Adding in the full roster of pokemon over time would be acceptable, so long as they do eventually provide full compatibility. I just hope it's sooner rather than later. I also wonder how a limited roster will affect competitive pokemon. It's going to turn the scene on its head, for sure.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I think one of my favourite things about Nintendo's E3 was that it changed my mind on several titles

Before, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Link's Awakening were 'eh'

Now they are 'yeah'

Plus, while I was going to buy it anyway, the online with friends update to SMM2 is a sure bonus

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Just finished up completing my bingo card, so close right in the middle, oh well maybe next year

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Alright, with E3 Direct over for over a day. Here's my overall review on Nintendo E3 Direct... Not going into all of the games they've shown, just games I am interested in.

Smash Ultimate Hero and Banjo Kazooie reveal: I have said it before, as long as it's a video game character I welcome anybody to be in Smash. However, I was still excited on both Hero from DQ and Banjo Kazooie from Banjo Kazooie. Funny how I've seen reaction man memes where western gamers aren't interested in Hero and went nuts on Banjo and Kazooie, and vice versa when it comes to Japanese gamers... But I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who went nuts on BOTH of the character reveals lol. I mean both deserves to be in, and one has been requested from western fans for years.

Dragon Quest XI S: They don't even need to show that to me lol, we've know it's coming to Switch ever since 2015, the game looks great, better than any other versions. It's definitely gonna be a 2018 must have for me.

Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina: Two new Nintendo IPs from Platinum and Marvelous, and yes I will definitely get them both because both of these games really screams Xenoblade X wanna-be lol.

Animal Crossing New Horizon: As an AC fan, I ain't mad it's delayed, the gameplay looks very similar to the mobile but I think it looks fantastic nonetheless.

Trails of Mana: Now this is a Remake done right lol, I really like the designs, the aesthetics, everything! Can't wait to get this in 2020. This makes me beleive we will get more JRPGs in 2020.

And that's it for now, safe to say Nintendo "won" E3. Because they show more gameplay than CGI trailers... which I've found a bit of too much when it comes to other companies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Having seen some more of Luigi's Mansion 3 and Astral Chain, I'm definitely putting both of these in the 'MUST GET' pile.

The whole Hollywood level in the hotel of Luigi's Mansion 3 has sold me on the game alone; that boss fight being a damn Kaiju movie took me by surprise but it's glorious, and Astral Chain's boss fights look...err...off the chain with their complexity and variety of attack options. The creator flipping through the different legions and blocking at just the right time was incredible.

Top Bottom