• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

I really have no idea what is going on. The guy who won the tournament has info of some kind? I hate to sound stupid, but can someone explain?

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
As much as I want news, I think they will stop at it for now. They still have a couple months before the 3DS version is out. I'm sure they are stalling further information so fans don't get impatient. By doing so they can focus on the game more rather then listening to impatient fans.

T

Trick or Treat

I highly doubt they are letting him reveal it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they told him something and let him tease us for a reveal in an upcoming (maybe tonight's?) POTD. That's plausible.
It would likely be the POTD. What other kind of announcement would there be?

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So I missed nothing apparently,this guy....

Also in a bit?47 minutes ago!?Troll.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Apparently he has some really hype news that he's going to share with us 'IN A BIT! :)'

No one really know though. Likely to be nothing.
I don't think he is going to share it himself. the "in a bit" was a response to someone asking him about the super-hype reveal that he alluded to earlier.

Most likely it will be Big Boss ;)

Last edited:

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
I highly doubt they are letting him reveal it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they told him something and let him tease us for a reveal in an upcoming (maybe tonight's?) POTD. That's plausible.
I was thinking about this too. His "In a bit" probably means we should wait for the PotD.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
I don't think he is going to share it himself, someone asked about a super-hype reveal that ZeRo was alluding to.

Most likely it will be Big Boss ;)
Ick, I hope not. Not that I dislike Metal Gear Solid, but I grew up with Solid Snake, if Metal Gear returns to Smash it's gotta be the original!...well, clone, technically, but whatever.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Im in eastern time, and I notice the PotD usually comes around at 3 am (which is around lunch time in Japan, no?)

So.. who knowsss
EST for me, too. I usually wake up around 6 am, check the PotD on my phone, and then go back to sleep.

By the by, your sig makes me giggle. So much.

juddy96

Smash Lord
I can imagine this happening...

Sakurai's translator: Hey Gonzalo, (insert veteran name here) is going to be revealed in Friday's POTD. Why don't you get tease everyone and get people hyped?

ZeRo: Sure, thanks for the info.

POTD comes... size comparison between the three newcomers shown at E3.

Everyone bashes ZeRo.

ZeRo: But I... uh... what?

SAKURAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
A character being the PoTD would the only thing worth hyping.

Especially if it was our first non-event newcomer.

Though not really sure why Nintendo would let this guy know that was coming.

If I had to guess the tournament participants were allowed to play as a unrevealed character and he's allowed to post pictures when the site updates.

That would explain why he's stalling so much.

EDIT:
and it looks like I'm not the only person who has come up with that conclusion. :p

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
If I had to guess the tournament participants were allowed to play as a unrevealed character and he's allowed to post pictures when the site updates.

That would explain why he's stalling so much.
That sounds nice, but...what about the reveal trailer? I can't remember that ever happening with the the past smash bros newcomers. Then again, if its a veteran...Ugggh. Damn you Nintendo. :/

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
A character being the PoTD would the only thing worth hyping.

Especially if it was our first non-event newcomer.

Though not really sure why Nintendo would let this guy know that was coming.
Wasnt Little Mac a non-event newcomer? Or am I uninformed? :s

That sounds nice, but...what about the reveal trailer? I can't remember that ever happening with the the past smash bros newcomers. Then again, if its a veteran...Ugggh. Damn you Nintendo. :/
There will be a average PoTD update (video for a newcomer, pictures for a veteran) and then the guy will post his pictures of gameplay.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's a new age. Pacman was first announced very quietly during the roundtable and his character page wasn't posted until like five hours later. So Nintendo is doing things a little differently this week, I suppose

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
He was in a Direct.
That was the night I went to see some movie..

I remember it well, I was eating Chipotle in the building and while scrolling through my Newsfeed I saw someone posted the trailer.

I nearly choked on that burrito D:<

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Someone asked: "First and foremost, congrats, secondly; what became of the really hype announcement you mentioned in Yesterday's post?"

ZeRo said: "Thanks a lot, really appreciate it. It will be announced shortly :)."

He said that 20 minutes ago.

T

Trick or Treat

Someone asked: "First and foremost, congrats, secondly; what became of the really hype announcement you mentioned in Yesterday's post?"

ZeRo said: "Thanks a lot, really appreciate it. It will be announced shortly :)."

He said that 20 minutes ago.
I still consider two hours from now to be "shortly", but maybe that's just me...

Top Bottom