• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Well, look at it this way: some Final Smashes DID need a change. Sheik deserves love just as much as Zero Suit Samus does. Charizard's getting a new Final Smash on principle, I'd imagine.
I agree with you on Sheik. It was odd how ZSS had a new FS while Sheik kept the same FS as Zelda despite being an independent character now.

ZSS even had a different FS from normal Samus in Brawl, so between the two, Sheik arguably deserved the change more.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The ban hammer has been dropped. I've removed the links and all that. Let's get back on topic.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I keep hearing different versions of the Smash 4 theme in the background. I'm loving the violin and toy box versions.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I agree with you on Sheik. It was odd how ZSS had a new FS while Sheik kept the same FS as Zelda despite being an independent character now.

ZSS even had a different FS from normal Samus in Brawl, so between the two, Sheik arguably deserved the change more.
ZSS' Final Smash wouldn't work without her regaining the power suit, it needed to be changed.

Tottenham

Smash Cadet
For those complaining about Final Smashes or Game Mechanics, Sakurai already said that things on the demo could change before the release. So we can't be sure of anything unless it's announced on the official website.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
OH BOI.
MORE SPLATOON.
JUST WHAT I AAAAAAAAAAALWAYS WANTED.
(as you can see, I want more smash.)

gamer8

Smash Lord

Well ZSS wouldn't have really been able to keep her FS seeing as how the whole point of it in Brawl was to give you the Power Suit. Besides that it didn't do much and wasn't much visually either. Still wish Zelda and Sheik had different final smashes though. Still haven't seen anything on Toon Link, Gamexplain posted like 4 videos with Toon Links and they didn't get the smash ball. If his final smash is the same I truly worry about 3 landmasters again.

And ZS Samus having a different final smash from Samus while Zelda/Sheik shared the same one did make more sense since ZS Samus wouldn't be able to use the Zero Laser.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

I love this Splatoon. It's especially good after those 3 Smash segments we had earlier, nice change of pace

domokl

Smash Lord
To be fair we had three trailers three treehouse segments the invitational and the roundtable. We got a lot of smash and more tomorrow

Neo Zero

That and people really want a reveal. I kinda wish Pac Man was today if we don't see anything later.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
I feel like we're getting one more newcomer. Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, the big three. Would generate so much hype, yet no sign of any of them? Come on. Even though this IS Nintendo we're talking about, they wouldn't give us all of our Smash news on the first day of E3 and leave us with nothing else. Palutena was a pretty big reveal, so were Mii Fighters, and Pac-Man was HUGE. But none of them are generally considered make or break characters. Sakurai has to have SOMETHING else on hold to generate hype, the fate of the Wii U is on this game's shoulders and this is the biggest gaming event of the year.

Not to mention were getting the s*** teased out of us with all of this generic Smash footage and promised surprises, but nothing major yet..

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I don't know why I was so gullible to click that link by that member, and using my church's wifi too...Thanks.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Just came back from Smash Fest (won the first match with Olimar!). It doesn't look like anything major happened while I was gone besides Mega Sableye.

And look, more Splatoon...

Shroob

Sup?
We don't know when there's gonna be the roundtable...? Are we sure there's even going to be a secret 3ds reveal then?

domokl

Smash Lord
We don't know when there's gonna be the roundtable...? Are we sure there's even going to be a secret 3ds reveal then?
Nintendo said there's gonna be an unannouced 3ds game there so yes

Last edited:

Tottenham

Smash Cadet
What I'd really like to see is a new trailer for the game with some new vets on it. Chances are it won't happen but it would be perfect to create more hype.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm actually excited for Monster Hunter 4, but I can't feel the hype right now, partly because Smash is leaving me hanging (we have to get more info if they are showing it off so much, even if it's not a character. I'd be content with more modes being revealed, especially for the Wii U version), the new 3DS game, and the fact that I've been up late all week trying to keep up with streams and what not. It's burning me out.

Top Bottom