• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dynasty Battles 3: Subterranean Prominence - November 23rd, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
50% chance i come and bring my wii and stuff...so as long as work does not impede me. And oh gosh i need to fix some of my stuff...sooo much texture hacks to remove and music to put in. Sorry blitz, your vanguard ike may be out if it breaks the rules...:(
Does not break rules, will fight with those in disagreement. Still, I really hope you can make it. I'm money matching about 9 people and need you within three spaces for A support so I have increased critical :p

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Textures generally aren't forbidden, but ifsomeone requests they be removed during their match, their wishes have to be respected

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
Hype looks like the show out is looking pretty fly. Cant wait to get some matches in with People im proably gonna be asking for matches like crazy i should be more or less good to bring a setup to

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Dibs on commentary since I'm only joining brawl doub

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
I'm looking forward to this event :) It will be the second I've been to. Am I able to bring a system for friendlies?....with PM??
I'd say its more than encouraged; an extra PM set up would really help move the tournament along. As long as the set up is not modified in any drastic measure, and any textures are within reason (not distracting, character texture hacks aren't extreme or distracting) I think you'll be fine ^.^

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
ALL RIGHT PEOPLE LISTEN UP!

I've been trying to get into contact with Blacktwins to discuss a new PM ruleset for about a week now, but he hasn't been online on Skype and I haven't been able to contact him by any other means. So, I'm just going to post the ruleset here, if anyone is going to see him at any point before Saturday can you PLEASE let him know! Thank you!

This ruleset is based on JCaesar's 2.6b ruleset, with a slightly different stagelist and set procedure.

[collapse=The Ruleset]
[collapse=Major Changes]
- Smaller stagelist. Skyworld, Skyloft and the entire top row except Dracula's Castle removed, with Pokemon Stadium 1 added in.
- Different Starters. Final Destination and Fountain of Dreams are now Counterpicks, with the rest of the bottom row being starters.
- Stage Bans. While you are still able to ban 3 stages, only 1 of those bans can be used on a Starter stage.
[/collapse]
Project M Ruleset for DB3

* Version used will be 2.6b (download here)

* 4 stock, 8 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.
* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

Stagelist:
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Maximum of 1 Starter can be banned). Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won. The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters
·Smashville
·Pokémon Stadium 2
·Yoshi’s Story
·Battlefield
·Dreamland

Counterpicks
·Final Destination
·Fountain of Dreams
·Yoshi’s Island: Brawl
·Lylat Cruise
·Warioware
·Green Hill Zone
·Dracula’s Castle
·Pokémon Stadium 1 (on the second page)

[/collapse]

The reason I feel we need a new ruleset is because, as far as I can see, no other region is still using the 2.5 ruleset (full first page legal, bottom row starters). There isn't a standard ruleset, so I decided to try and come up with my own. I didn't do this entirely by myself, I spoke with a number of other people with tournament hosting experience, PM playing experience etc. to try and come up with the most fair ruleset.

Once again, anyone who sees Blacktwins over the course of the next week PLEASE TELL HIM ABOUT THIS!!!!! I'm going to keep trying to get into contact with him, so if you can let him know it will be EXTREMELY HELPFUL!!!

Thank you!

already posted my thoughts in the facebook group so il keep this short.
your rulset doesn't look too bad, however il add this to the thread if this was an apex or official PMBR Ruleset.
if most of the people coming to DB3. (Ex. Ally, Hammertime, Meek, To Joe, Holy, Weon X Coffeeblack, xBlitz) are genuinely ok with this. then congratz your ruleset has been approved.
il prob make a poll here and maybe on facebook to gather votes, if that so determines it.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
already posted my thoughts in the facebook group so il keep this short.
your rulset doesn't look too bad, however il add this to the thread if this was an apex or official PMBR Ruleset.
if most of the people coming to DB3. (Ex. Ally, Hammertime, Meek, To Joe, Holy, Weon X Coffeeblack, xBlitz) are genuinely ok with this. then congratz your ruleset has been approved.
il prob make a poll here and maybe on facebook to gather votes, if that so determines it.
Stage choices seem a little awkward (FD FoD not starters, PS1 in a game with generally all neutral stages), but if others are fine with it I can adapt. If striking is still three stages then I don't see a problem. I like the poll idea the most, democracy is ideal, and majority should win.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Stage choices seem a little awkward (FD FoD not starters, PS1 in a game with generally all neutral stages), but if others are fine with it I can adapt. If striking is still three stages then I don't see a problem. I like the poll idea the most, democracy is ideal, and majority should win.
PS1 was added because I have never seen a good reason for why it was taken off the first page. Not even JCaesar could tell me why it happened back when it happened.

But yeah PS1 is more neutral than most stages on the first page (especially the top row) so I added it, along with Dracula's Castle, as replacements for Skyworld and Skyloft, which I have never seen played in tournament and tend to be the most banned stages on the 2nd Row (from my experience).

I put FD and FoD as CPs for two main reasons: with 13 stages, having 5 Starters and 8 CPs makes more sense than 7/6 (because imo more starters than CPs is kinda dumb), and FD and FoD are really dumb stages for a lot of characters. Platforms that change height/No platforms at all are really stupid for supposedly "neutral" stages.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
PS1 was added because I have never seen a good reason for why it was taken off the first page. Not even JCaesar could tell me why it happened back when it happened.

But yeah PS1 is more neutral than most stages on the first page (especially the top row) so I added it, along with Dracula's Castle, as replacements for Skyworld and Skyloft, which I have never seen played in tournament and tend to be the most banned stages on the 2nd Row (from my experience).

I put FD and FoD as CPs for two main reasons: with 13 stages, having 5 Starters and 8 CPs makes more sense than 7/6 (because imo more starters than CPs is kinda dumb), and FD and FoD are really dumb stages for a lot of characters. Platforms that change height/No platforms at all are really stupid for supposedly "neutral" stages.
I see were you're coming from, and it looks fine now. Get to ban PS1 Lylat and Yoshi's Island. Dem starters too s3xy <3

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Obviously this isn't Texas -.-

It's the state of Canada

TKL97

Smash Rookie
a few friends and I will be attending DB3 (first tournament.) for project M and can contribute 2 Wii's. I was wondering whether it was absolutely necessary to remove stage textures like astral phazon FD, oceanville or fountain of fantasy?

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
a few friends and I will be attending DB3 (first tournament.) for project M and can contribute 2 Wii's. I was wondering whether it was absolutely necessary to remove stage textures like astral phazon FD, oceanville or fountain of fantasy?
imo, anything that changes the colour of the stage itself shouldn't be used (ie FD during MVD vs ADHD winners at Sktar) but anything that just changes background is fine, as long as it isn't bright pink or neon green or something annoying like that.

But if somebody asks you to turn the textures off, you have to oblige.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
So I'll be there tomorrow. It'll be my first tournament in what feels like forever. I'm pretty hyped that I'll finally be able to eat some burgers from Licks and some awesome poutine again (forget what the place is called).

Also DDM, you wanna team (if haven't found someone yet)?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to my bracket match with ShinyMewtwo.

That bright glowing red completely ruined my eyes.

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13

If its not too distracting bring your textures BUT if people have a problem with it and ask for them off . you have to respect their wishes and do it.
same goes for music thats unfitting

UPDATED THREAD. PM USERS REFER TO POST 2 FOR YOUR RULESET.

Everyone Attending Please come at 12:00 SO WE CAN SET UP EVERYTHING AND START REGISTRATION.
Registration For Doubles and Project M will end at 1:15 PM. Singles will be until 2:30 for late comers.
SINGLES POOLS WILL START AT 3:00 PM With good progress.
Amateurs will be Starting around 4:30 While Singles Bracket will be soon after

Lastly Stream Time.
Brawl Doubles Will be up 1st and will be off at Winners Finals and will move to PM
PM WILL BE ON STREAM FROM UP TO BOTH SEMI'S ON THE WINNERS AND LOSERS SIDE
other matches will be off stream.
Brawl Doubles will continue from Losers Finals onward and then we move onto singles.

also please let me know that you are leaving to get some food or taking a break so i don't have to go BLACK MODE ON ALL OF YOU WHEN I HAVE TO LOOK FOR YOU
(YES im bringing a stopwatch)

and confirm your self for bringing setups if you aren't on the list

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
also please let me know that you are leaving to get some food or taking a break so i don't have to go BLACK MODE ON ALL OF YOU WHEN I HAVE TO LOOK FOR YOU
(YES im bringing a stopwatch)

and confirm your self for bringing setups if you aren't on the list
Is it ok if I take a 4 hour break at 3? I gotta practice my daily Call of Duty 360 N0ScOp3 sK1lLz. I'd prefer it if you stopped all tournament matches at that point, as I tend to require a lot of concentration. Kthxbai

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Is it ok if I take a 4 hour break at 3? I gotta practice my daily Call of Duty 360 N0ScOp3 sK1lLz. I'd prefer it if you stopped all tournament matches at that point, as I tend to require a lot concentration. Kthxbai

k seriously armen im dead serious. you will only get a 4 hour break if you can show me you can do call of duty 1080 N0ScOp3's. stop doing the basic things otherwise ima have to call you a pistol noob

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
k seriously armen im dead serious. you will only get a 4 hour break if you can show me you can do call of duty 1080 N0ScOp3's. stop doing the basic things otherwise ima have to call you a pistol noob
High noon. By the flagpole. I'll be waiting.

Top Bottom