• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dynasty Battles 3: Subterranean Prominence - November 23rd, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

Pink-Lemonade

Smash Rookie
If this series (or another one) becomes a bi-weekly an interesting side event would be mid-tier only Brawl singles. I don't know if that would work, but they had that at WHOBO 5 and it was pretty entertaining.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I'll MM anyone in any game. Most likely won't get any mms in Brawl, but in PM I'm hoping to get a few faces to play me, trying to get good at it by learning different matchups.
yo MM me in Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow. If you back down, ur a fraud and a *****

If anyone wants to play friendlies/MM, ask me @ the event.

McD

Smash Journeyman
I'm bringing a few friends, we're all amped with hype :D!

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Money matches will only be streamed when the Venue first opens at 12:00/ 12:30 ish so that it doens't take up time of the actual tournament.

We only have 9 hours to run the tourney.. and we've usually gone 30 minutes to an hour over.

Best bet is to find a Wii with infinite replay, save the matches you lazy bums and have it uploadd.

Edit:

I'm saying "we" as in the community because making sure the tourney runs smoothly isn't only the TOs Job, it's as much as their job as it is the player's job.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
He uses the fretboard on his GH controller as a DDR pad through the use of revolutionary breakthrough microwave technology that he developed while working for NASA bro where have you been don't you watch the news

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
He uses the fretboard on his GH controller as a DDR pad through the use of revolutionary breakthrough microwave technology that he developed while working for NASA bro where have you been don't you watch the news
This is literally 100% true.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Ally and Hammertime should MM before I MM Ally, just in case I get put in bracket against Hammertime. Last tourney I kinda bent over the table and he gave me a colonoscopy. It was terrible, and I need to see how another Ike deals with the match up XD + I get to see Ally's skill first hand

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
I'm saving that for grand finals of free for all, shhhh

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
I can't MM in Brawl I'm not good enough, if you're down for PM though hit me up then

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
ALL RIGHT PEOPLE LISTEN UP!

I've been trying to get into contact with Blacktwins to discuss a new PM ruleset for about a week now, but he hasn't been online on Skype and I haven't been able to contact him by any other means. So, I'm just going to post the ruleset here, if anyone is going to see him at any point before Saturday can you PLEASE let him know! Thank you!

This ruleset is based on JCaesar's 2.6b ruleset, with a slightly different stagelist and set procedure.

[collapse=The Ruleset]
[collapse=Major Changes]
- Smaller stagelist. Skyworld, Skyloft and the entire top row except Dracula's Castle removed, with Pokemon Stadium 1 added in.
- Different Starters. Final Destination and Fountain of Dreams are now Counterpicks, with the rest of the bottom row being starters.
- Stage Bans. While you are still able to ban 3 stages, only 1 of those bans can be used on a Starter stage.
[/collapse]
Project M Ruleset for DB3

* Version used will be 2.6b (download here)

* 4 stock, 8 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.
* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

Stagelist:
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Maximum of 1 Starter can be banned). Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won. The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters
·Smashville
·Pokémon Stadium 2
·Yoshi’s Story
·Battlefield
·Dreamland

Counterpicks
·Final Destination
·Fountain of Dreams
·Yoshi’s Island: Brawl
·Lylat Cruise
·Warioware
·Green Hill Zone
·Dracula’s Castle
·Pokémon Stadium 1 (on the second page)

[/collapse]

The reason I feel we need a new ruleset is because, as far as I can see, no other region is still using the 2.5 ruleset (full first page legal, bottom row starters). There isn't a standard ruleset, so I decided to try and come up with my own. I didn't do this entirely by myself, I spoke with a number of other people with tournament hosting experience, PM playing experience etc. to try and come up with the most fair ruleset.

Once again, anyone who sees Blacktwins over the course of the next week PLEASE TELL HIM ABOUT THIS!!!!! I'm going to keep trying to get into contact with him, so if you can let him know it will be EXTREMELY HELPFUL!!!

Thank you!

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
FD as a counterpick? Really? And PS1 is back?
Yes, FD as a counterpick. I'm of the opinion that FD shouldn't be a starter under any ruleset, because it is more polarizing for more matchups than almost any other stage. PS1 is back because putting PS1 on the 2nd page was a stupid move by the PMBR, it's better for competitive play than almost any stage on the top row of the first page.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Good **** SM for stepping up to the challenge of PM ruleset modification

Optronixprime

Smash Rookie
50% chance i come and bring my wii and stuff...so as long as work does not impede me. And oh gosh i need to fix some of my stuff...sooo much texture hacks to remove and music to put in. Sorry blitz, your vanguard ike may be out if it breaks the rules...:(

Top Bottom