• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dustbowl V: Back to basics

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Singles (18 Entrants)
1: PikaPika ($114.00) (Split):pikachu2:
2: TSST| KIDGoggles ($57.00)(Split):sonic::wolf::kirby:
3: Polaris ($19.00):mario:
4: James "Top 5" G
5: Limit
5: Stack
7: Phazer
7: Azeal
9: Tyler
9: ziLLa
9: Weegee
9: dizzy
13: Darem
13: Dan Hibiki
13: Swaf
13: Bull cosby
17: Amazingness
17: Tom
17: Greg M

Bracket Image

Melee Singles (12 Entrants)
1: Jesse ($72.00):marthmelee:
2: Beta ($36.00):fox:
3: Dudu ($12.00):jigglypuff:
4: PikaPika
5: Pmac
5: Gravy
7: Tangerine
7: Erk
9: Nightro
9: ziLLa
9: Ben
9: Jet set han

Bracket Image

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
GGs yall. Azeal needs to stop sandbagging.

Im coming for that ass next time Goggles u_u

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
The only way azeal could stop sandbagging is if i made mk legal. And yall gonna have to run your own tournaments for that to happen.

Anyways shoutouts to kirby for having a better bair than mario

And make sure game 3 of me vs limit gets put on YouTube

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down for MK legal tournies again. I want to face everybody at their best and I'm pretty confident with the matchup all the way until the point where I, you know, get knocked off the stage. I might have to resort to some secondary help soon anyways. :cool:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
id definitely be down for at least one mk legal tournament lol. so far all of the events i've been to up here have been mk banned.

it gives me a false sense of hope and then i get murdered at nyc tournaments where they just let everything rock lol

H0LEintheW0RLD

Smash Rookie
GGs all, so many good close sets at this tournament, really enjoyed playing and watching. Looking forward to the next one. Would be awesome if we could get some doubles going.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I'd be down for MK legal tournies again. I want to face everybody at their best and I'm pretty confident with the matchup all the way until the point where I, you know, get knocked off the stage. I might have to resort to some secondary help soon anyways. :cool:
You say that now, but then you'll go to an MK legal tourney and get shuttle looped at 30% and die, then take 120% from nado the next stock and die from dsmash, and wish you had never complained about having no mk.

/random rant

nice job KID.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Well I do understand the sort of things he is capable of, and there are some aspects of the character that I find to be a bit overwhelming, but we're in a situation where I feel a tournament scene is gradually dying down, at least in this area, and banning a character that a few of our good players used could hurt the scene even more.

Like Limit said, our tournaments here may not fully prepare us for larger, more significant tournies, which could be a problem to some trying to get national recognition. In addition to that, even though I believe Meta as a character is superior to the rest of the cast, it doesn't take away from the fact that many players put several years of dedication into the character to get him to the point where he is right now.

I think if he was legal in a tournament around here, then perhaps eliminating stages like Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar could make him more manageable.

All in all, it doesn't matter to me. I will show up to tournaments and do my best to be successful no matter what the circumstances are.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
on some real talk, I TRY to get Neil to practice with me every once in a while and that ish doesnt even work. we literally only play smash at tournaments. yall need to stop letting us beat you guys. I know youre better than this.

But if not, we'll see you guys in about 2-3 months to take your money again.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
skillz, because you play marth, you would probably have the advantage on him, but polar is a very solid player despite the fact that I beat him with kirby. I think playing him wouldnt be as free as you assume. I say this because playing him wasn't as free as I assumed it would be.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Oh, so yeah. NS, just sayin' Prolar's pro and ish, so yeah. I thought I'd say that, he's one of the bros, and all good at this game, so yeah.

Also, sure, I'll stop sandbagging okay. :c I'll actually go characters I'm good with, gawsh, stop hassling me ppl! GAWSH!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, shoutouts to my boy Polar, **** status island. JamesG, for being JamesG, and stuff. Shoutouts to Buffalo in general for being amazing brothers, and sister. ;o Also, I love everyone, and stuff, only notrly.

My boy Limit with the callout on me.

Shoutouts to Pikapika for homings over hoes.

Shoutouts to Stack for knocking me out ;D

Shoutouts to me for not going Falco. :c

Love ya, Region. k, ya.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Polar deserves massive props for coming out of nowhere and beating me twice in tournament. I'm still convinced that if I can just get a bit better, and develop my knowledge on specific matchups, then I will be competing for first place soon. Of course, that would probably take some time and dedication towards the game that I'm currently having trouble committing to.

We'll see what happens next tournament. During this recent one, I felt I played really well at times, then terribly other times. If I can play consistently well, I'm sure my goals aren't too far out of reach. :cool:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I just wish Neil didnt know absolute everything about my playstyle and my character because I can never beat him with sonic vs pika lol. but every game I lost that day, I know why I lost so as long as I do what it takes to maintain focus through out the day, Ill be golden.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
That's what I feel happens in a region over time. All the top players in the region start to understand each other's playstyle and characters, and then matches may get closer and closer to a point where it can become a matter of who is playing well at that particular time, or who can properly close out the match.

That seems to be the case for me against most of our best players, except when I face San. He always wrecks me for some reason. :laugh:

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
oh, sry polar, i wasnt aware u were known, Especially since u joined smashboards a day after this tournament. i thought u were some basic brawl wifi player that just upstaged everyone lol. but seriously tho, congrats on doing so well with mario

gimpmastapolar

Smash Rookie
its all good bro. and yeah ik its crazy right haha XD. Beta told me make one after the tornament and im like hmmm sure haha and now im here.im curious to how your marth plays. more experience wouldnt hurt. hope i get to play ya soon my mans!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
sad i couldnt go to this

maybe ill see you guys in da summer ;)

Top Bottom