• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Durango CO / Farmington NM Area - Monthly Smash Tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
So anyway peeps, how've you been? Hopefully you all are still down for Victor's tournament, if so moneymatches should be in order. I'll MM anyone from Durango thats going $5, on a bo3 1 character only match, I will be using Sheik and you can use whoever you like. Stages are MLG randoms then goes on to loser chooses etc. 4 stock 8 min time limit. Anyone up for it?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
you should just go random ferdi.
Interesting notion and very welcomed, I'm so badass I'll MM you guys like LoVo suggested. Whatever character you choose vs. a random character. Everything else stays the same. Except for same character for the best of 3, I'll switch to random every single match while you peeps stay, unless you want to make it you choose whichever character each match, hey, your choice. 5$ :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

the Marronator

Smash Ace
I'll take cash battles (lol) too. I will also gaurentee I will use G&W the first round. Anybody up for one? :)

Edit: lol ferdi wtf posting the same time as me... on 2 threads...

Mabe I should just use GaW for the entire round...

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
random?

I dont think you could beat nin9's marth with just any character.
id be willing to place a bet down for nine to win in those odds

but i dont think we would get the chance. school starts monday and ill be leaving this weekend.

also, when nin9 isnt in durango, hes in TX. so i dont think youll play him any time soon.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
random?

I dont think you could beat nin9's marth with just any character.
id be willing to place a bet down for nine to win in those odds

but i dont think we would get the chance. school starts monday and ill be leaving this weekend.

also, when nin9 isnt in durango, hes in TX. so i dont think youll play him any time soon.
I might suprise ya'. Also, that sucks, will you be coming to Meleemarth's tourney then? Or is it others from Durango?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
all of durango?

strange, he didnt ask me if i would be going.

maby he was just offering to drive people who wanted to go.

/shrug

in order to get there by 12:00 we would have to leave at 6 in the morning on sat, or drive through the night on fri.
and if they were to leave friday, where would they sleep?
either nin9 doesnt know how long it takes to get there or he's got his eye on the tournament prize

but me... id rather sleep in and not spend 10+ hours in a car just for the experience of getting my ass handed to me again;).

good luck though

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
OMG ZEN hehe....agreed

but I want to smash with people sooo bad....learned to WD (not consistantly, but I can do it when need) and I want to show off my new stuff. PIKACHU FTW!!

meleemarth

Smash Ace
well, then zen, its obvious that your not willing to get truely better. Well, as long as Nin9 comes, ill be holding a place for him in the tournament. And same goes for duha but i think if they want, they can come up the friday before for the tournament.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
ive been meaning to ask you about coming up friday and staying 2 days. but now that you mentioned it i think i as well as whoever else is going probably will.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Yeah, ive already asked, all the durango players who are coming up are allowed to stay two days. So that means you guys can stay from friday to sunday lol... you guys are special!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
special? sweet.
i kinda thought it would just be a quick and large tournament in which i lose twice, and that would be that.
i could get more experience with Buz or something.

but...
not willing to get truely better.
now that you've personally volunteered to be my teacher maby things are different;)

ill just play it by ear.

either way, people who need a place to stay can use my dad's place in boulder if they want.
PM me if you want the address.

also, im in boulder right now if ya wana play... but i might leave soon... or not
/shrug
play it by ear

Benthos

Smash Cadet
Hmm, an event in Durango might not be too bad for me, but I'd have to check my schedule, I have 8 AP classes I'm taking this year in high school, though, so I'm often busy, but I still might be able to come.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
Friday or Saturday works for me nin9 :) I want to smash soooo bad :)

Where are we going to Smash though?

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like you were some of the good players at the Farmington Tournament. I think I lost to probably Mogo as Marth and to the guy who got 1st, and my younger brother got 5th in that tournament. A few days ago they said the weekly smash night was still in the works, since they need to obtain some store copies of smash beacuse they sold their copies after the tournament. It will be exciting to play other people when its set up, but I've been practicing and playing with my younger brothers since then so I might be a bit better now. Weekly smash would be awesome, and I could probably bring my brothers and some of their friends along to it when they aren't busy. I visit the store sometimes, so I will be sure to keep asking them about it.
Hmm, an event in Durango might not be too bad for me, but I'd have to check my schedule, I have 8 AP classes I'm taking this year in high school, though, so I'm often busy, but I still might be able to come.
lol mogo is doc only in tournaments. i was the marth. we will let you know when we all get together in durango. btw who were you? who do you main and what not?

GWEN: we live in camp hall. its super small so wed have room for 4. mikes house is quite a bit bigger but thats up to him and his roomates.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Hey we can't play this friday or saturday aren't we going to the springs nin9. Buz i lost my cell phone snowboarding i need to get your number again you can msg me if it makes you fill more comfortable. Buz if you get this we should all smash today. call me if you get this in time 303 596-9128.

When we go down to the springs i might escape friday night and come back Saturday before the tourney.

O AND BENTHOS KEEP US UPDATED ON THE WEEKLY THING IN FARMINGTON.

Benthos

Smash Cadet
What I meant was that I was using Marth (my main character) and probably lost to Mogo, who was using Doc in the tournament. My best is probably Marth, but I just like to have fun using random characters, since I can play decently with everyone (although quite a bit better with certain characters). I've also been trying to work on my yoshi and falco a little more recently. And if you are doing an event friday night or saturday, then I'll need a time and address so I'll know when and where to be. I might go to play-n-trade tomorrow to check again on the weekly thing again, because I might be picking up a game or two anyway.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
jordan: get CHALLENGED any lately? lol.
OH GOD... I hope I dont get "challenged" again. That was the most immature waste of my day. lol. But nah, the smash scene is good down here, already found a few people that play very well. I did figure new things out with link though... omg... more combos and ****. I love it. Anyway, yeah Ill be in houston for that tourney, where do I sign up for it though and when is the deadline?

Hows the smash scene there going anyway? I see you all are getting more involved with Denver, thats bad *** - Wish I could play those guys again ^^ :cool:

Duha

Smash Journeyman
textbook you have to come back so i can 4 stock you with my luigi i am undefeated since the break with him in 1v1's no one can take him out.

Benthos check the nm xtopia thread i think there is a tourny in albeqerci with some good smashers me and nin9 are going down there

Duha

Smash Journeyman
no its cool he barely beat me it came down to it every stock and the falco fox thing is because i killed myself a few times.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
and i killed my self with luigi too but i didn't say that. you should just give your falco up "you have no mind games" you have 100% antimind games. and your pillar is less then beneficial. your sh lasers are slow. and you think you have to move your fingers faster to play falco then fox.

Doyle rules

Benthos

Smash Cadet
I'll probably be going to the Albuquerque tournament. The play-n-trade still hasn't gotten any more copies of melee for the weekly thing, so no news on that. Other than that I've been playing with my brothers and their friends, so hopefully I'm getting a little better. At most we get 6 or so people playing. I'm usually the best, but they seem to be improving.

Benthos

Smash Cadet
No, I would rather not play money matches. I hate spending money, and I don't have that much of it. I love fun matches and tournaments, though.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
jordon we know you hit 70 got all the uber greens and hit epic pvp lvl already so chilax on the burning crusades you r-tard and get some practice or get four stocked by gwen at the host cuz your gonna suck

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
No, I would rather not play money matches. I hate spending money, and I don't have that much of it. I love fun matches and tournaments, though.
okay. WELL theres a tourny/smashfest here in durango at mikes (duha) place or gwens (buz) place this saturday. if you come you play gwen first round. zenj gets a bye. and i play mike. i already made the bracket so be ready (unless you guys want to do a round robin then the tourny). $1 to enter.

jordon we know you hit 70 got all the uber greens and hit epic pvp lvl already so chilax on the burning crusades you r-tard and get some practice or get four stocked by gwen at the host cuz your gonna suck
haha amen.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
psh.

greens are for newbs. its the purple gear that is epic.
and to think... they will have epic bear tanking gear and epic shadow priest gear. maby they might even have orange gear for alternative builds.

/em becomes "excited" at the thought.

/em shakes his head and comes back to reality.

gaha! 9, keep me the hell away from that game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom