• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DUMB - Brawl Tourney - Winona, MN - 3/29

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
I'll team with you Sparrow.. I will like brawl a lot, and also have no life so I'm going to do nothing but fail school some more and play it. And LOL Ethan at ur sig. DO MOVES! LOLLLL.....

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
loooool.

Sparrow if you were asking me, probably just Marth for a while, or Peach a little I've decided. I can't really know or sure right now though.

Edit: NVM Marth and Toon Link ROFLLLLLL. ;) :psycho:

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
don't know if I can make it or not, I'll be getting the game and a wii around that time, so I might just chill in the crib and practice before dropping fifty to sixty dollars on a weekend for a game I never played.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Iowa with the amount of people going you could all easily just pitch in for a hotel near by. Imo Winona housing should be focused on MN people who are a little farther away but wont be getting a hotel cause it's right in MN and probably won't be going with 6 people. Just sayin', that's not my situation at all; but it could be, along with lot's of other people, and if we want this to be big we don't want anyone saying they can't go cause it's too far to drive to in one day ^_^.

Eci4

Smash Ace
I honestly think free housing should be given to people who are coming from the furthest away.
I'm driving 3 hours, which will likely be the most for MN... I think from the cities it's probably about 2 and a half hours. I wouldn't be surprised if kids from the cities would not need housing at all. I'm considering driving home Saturday.

I don't know exactly how far away the iowa kids are though.

Flux, do you have a ride yet? I think new prague will actually be on my way.

also my post count right now is 864, fluxes is 468... coincidence?!

Seanson

Smash Ace
Sadly there is a slight lack of housing, since nobody has a house in winona... Me and Chexr have dorm rooms (not the biggest...) and slayer has a small dormish single room that is a bit bigger than our dorm rooms, but I'm guessing he will house WI people at his house in lacrosse, a short 30 minutes away.

It will probably come down to seeing how many people me and chexr can fit in our rooms. From the looks of it, if I move stuff around, I could fit maybe a maximum of 6 people on the floor. It might be a little tight, but it would be free. Chexr can fit people too, I'm guessing 2-3 on his floor and he has a futon couch thingy that could hold one too.

Ideally, as said in the first post, MN wont need to be housed since they're pretty close. People from the twin cities are only 2 hours away, so that means it is easy to wake up at maybe 7-8 to get here and signed up by 11.

Housing will probably have priority to those farther away.

What would you people think about adding a small addition to the entrance fee to go towards housing out of staters in motels?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
I don't want to pay for someone elses housing LOL... Is that what you're saying Sean?

If they are going with like 6 people if they all just split the hotel fee it really isn't much at all.

Also I'll house 3 people as of now. Maybe more. Any wisconsiners? But the catch is if you house here you need to give me a ride. o0o0o0.... free housing and food though! Eci4 do you want to? If you don't want to and someone else does I'll just get a ride from them. However if no one houses with me then if you could pick me up that'd be sweeeeet.

207 columbus avenue north.
new prague
MN

Eci4

Smash Ace
I'd rather not the addition... I'm sorry, but I will likely be getting a room somewhere (and would gladly share it with OOSers willing to pitch in) and I don't want to have to pay for my room, and then pay extra for them to have a place to stay for less than myself.

edit--- Flux, you should look for a ride elsewhere if you can... I don't mind giving you a ride, but I also am somewhat uncertain as to whetehr or not I can make it.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Alright Eci4 it's cool.

SOMEONE HOUSE AT MY PLACE. Free everything food pop sleep play gamez! ALL GOOD FRIENDS PLAY GAMEZ. So that I can get a ride with you to the tournament! LOL. I have no idea how far it is from my place so just mapquest it if you are interested and post if you want to!

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Well, we're from Des Moines, so from here to Winona is a 4 hour drive for us and we would like to have a place to rest before heading out again.

Seanson

Smash Ace
When I said add a little to the fee, I meant a little, like $1. It doesn't take a ton of money to make a contribution.

Also, I might be able to weasel out some space in rooms of some people I know. They aren't that into smash but they might be able to house. Doubtful, but a possibility...

Zicore

Smash Champion
I know myself and KSSB are coming. Possibly EoF. Flux? You still got housing options? I think we might do that, and we can give you a ride. If its possible, we would probably need to be housed both Friday and Saturday.

SlayerOfMe

Smash Ace
CaptainLove, if you're the one driving Iowa to this, let me see if you guys could stay at my parents' house in La Crosse. It's only a measly half hour from Winona, and then we drive up there that Saturday. Would you need to be housed for both Friday and Saturday?

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I know myself and KSSB are coming. Possibly EoF. Flux? You still got housing options? I think we might do that, and we can give you a ride. If its possible, we would probably need to be housed both Friday and Saturday.
...Flux lives 2 hours west of winona.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
If disciple goes in his car I'll go with him, I owe SDM like 100$, (not my fault, my dad'san idiot and basically took my money) so I dont feel that comfortable getting a ride with him with such a debt. When I get a job though that is a high priority, since can't really depend on pops to pay that **** off.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Can anyone house me and KSSB and possibly Devy or EoF that isn't really far from the tourney?

Zicore

Smash Champion
well...thats extreamly gay. Ah well. I think we are being housed by chexr as it is =D

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Des Moines is kinda in the dark right now about going to this tourney. Need to find out if our car works.:ohwell:

Chexr

Smash Ace
ok zicore and kssb are getting a hotel. I can house about 4 people and Im 30 seconds walking distance from the venue who needs a place to stay?

Top Bottom