• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dug my own grave. Help!

Lord-Geo

Smash Cadet
Well... Here's the scenario... My friend challenged me to a 10$ MM and I accepted. Not a problem right? Well.... Here's the problem. He beats me religously. I'm ok... but he's amazing...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=91137 <-- The videos with Drumma in them are him.

I need every possible way to beat fox, falco, and peach, with marth.

He's good at wavedashing, SHL, and shinespiking with fox. And constantly gets me with the Uthrow to Uair combo -.-

With falco it's constant pillars into a spike.

And with peach. I don't know/.... The float cancels and high priority.. I just don't know what to do. This MM will take place in a month... so I got time to practice. General strategies would be appreciated. And After Xmas I should be able to post videos... lets hope.

Thx in advance.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
For the Peach I suggest you make sure to space your ariels to get past her priority. Ken combos are pretty easy on peach so use it for quick kills. If your shielding a down smash try jumping out of your sheild and dair her. Knock the turnips with your f-tilt or neutral A.

For the falco I suggest you wave dash backwards out of you shield while he's pillaring, then counter. It catches them of guard and you can tech chase them for a quick grab to chainthrow.

For the fox you can smash DI the up throws to avoid the up air. To stop shine spikes try to fair him while he's coming off the stage. Make sure to DI away from him and save your second jump until absolutely neccesary. If he has to chase you out further for the shine spike he's more likely to try retreating to the edge. That's when you jump and do any fast falling you need to sweetspot the edge before he gets back to it. Good Luck

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Practice your DI and shuffling. Give some examples of things you need to work on, people here will try to help you.

EDIT: do you have any vids? I really want you to win that $10.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Ignore Fox's lasers. Work on uthrow combos and chainthrowing, ending with fsmash to dtilt edgeguard. But yeah, give us some examples so we can better help you.

Lord-Geo

Smash Cadet
As far as examples >_<... not too sure. But Videos will be coming after Xmas. (Tomorrow :D)

Cause I'm getting a dvd recorder (Though I don't know where to go from there XD)

And my friend has a mean fox that I will practice against to show you some examples.

Give me a few days and I will post some examples :D..hopefully :p

piZ

Smash Journeyman
Be Ill on the day.

Or forget to bring your money.

Or even put restrictions on characters allowed. Maybe only Marths and someone who Marth *****?
And lose the respect of anyone that watches this match?

Why take the sissy way out, learn, practice and play your best. Win or lose it'll be a good experience seeing as it's making you take the time to become a better smasher.

It's only $10..

flaco

The Terminator
Well if He needs shl and wd to beat you then he has you don't panic yet just learn to beat his tactics example sh l Marth is wavy right then short hop over them and when he shl use marth counter on his face and that will work if you do it right careful don't over use it or you will get punished for it.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Even so, Shffl'd F-airs Don't work on Fox or Falco unless tipped. Your best bet is chaintrhows or shffl'd F-air to D-tilt combo, single F-B if they roll and try to grab. Nobody I know plays Peach, so I can't help you much there. Once you have space animals out of the fray, never let them come back. D-tilt if they use the illusion/phantasm, spike when they use fire fox/falco.

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
Well if He needs shl and wd to beat you then he has you don't panic yet just learn to beat his tactics example sh l Marth is wavy right then short hop over them and when he shl use marth counter on his face and that will work if you do it right careful don't over use it or you will get punished for it.
No one uses SHL when Marth is close enough to counter. No one uses SHL when Marth is close.

flaco

The Terminator
No one uses SHL when Marth is close enough to counter. No one uses SHL when Marth is close.
well I have seen pros do it and get hit with hit now the chaingrabbing thing don't do it,hold up if you do it stop in the second one becuase PC Chris showed me that fox and falco in the animation when you throw them up they could shine you is not fair is just the tiers your best beat is to tech roll them follow hiss or her tech.

Now for peach preach has the best DI in the game it will be hard for you to kill here forward depending on the stage I recommend to chaingrab them forward note don't over used it or you will be punished for it,but try these chaingrab forward to fsmash or same with her follow the tech roll and grab here again.

I main Marth for a year and 2 months and I played alot of space animals and the people that I beat while they where using the space animals that mean that they didn't know how to play becuase I know is not fair but is the true the tier list matter.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Well, if you are at battlefield, and you wanna be really fancy, and maybe score an awesome kill, when he goes for the shinespike, Sweetspot an Up-Bee and he will bounce off of the bottom of the field for an awesome kill, and this will surprise the hell out of him, if you get it it will really mess with his mind, if he is that kind of person, and you will have an advantage...

And a kill..

This is not a great thing to do, but if you are desperate for a kill, and the situation (rare) arrises, you will get a pwnsome kill

uremog

Smash Ace
he can still shine you out of that, and if he's hogging edge invincibility, he peobably will. that kill really can't be forced, it just presents itself because of a miscalculation. it is cool though, and can easily be a game winner.

Lord-Geo

Smash Cadet
Speaking of stage advantages.... when fighting the spaceys what stage would be best? Flat stages like FD or small stages like Yoshi Story and FoD?

LuCKy

Smash Master
i need help against peach,i started playing marth not to long ago but my friend that plays peach is so f***in gay all he does is camp throwing turnips and wait for me to come to him.i dont know what to do should i rush him or wait for him to come?when i rush he just shield grabs me or smashes or dash attacks........ what to do.i can win,but only by one life,but my ic's pwn him.......... please help

Byped

Smash Cadet
hope i help..

FoD

and since your friend looks like he enjoys spamming, dont pick big stages.... (f-smash FTW)

LuCKy

Smash Master
thanks to the both of you that helped,but.........................................*sniffle* i sprained my hand playing football!!!!! mutha f***in outside world nooooooooooo and there is a tourney @ the artisiea gamestop in a month what do i do now?...............well i won last time so i will win again!!!!! with my new character marth!

Lord-Geo

Smash Cadet
Good news!!!!!!!!!

I got a few practice matches against drumma today and actually faired VERY well. Beating him about 50% of our matches (though he did SD a lot...) The hardest match up I had was against peach... [I even beat his falco on FD :D:D:D:D:D:D] But thanks to some help from a friend that should change. Thanks everyone for all your tips. Still working on the videos. THEY WILL BE COMING :p Keep your eyes peeled.

unknown522

Some guy
for fox/falco, just CG him and for peach, once u get him in a f-air, then u can linke like 5 - 10 more, and possibly an f-smash or d-air spike.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
whenever i face my friends fox, and he tries to shine spike me i use over b in the air and it usually cancels it out. but of course, only use the over b once.
against peach, who my friend also uses, keep distance. if he uses a lot of turnips, rush him when he is picking the turnip and do alot of arials.

Top Bottom