• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dtilt's Second Hit Box

FuRy Smash

Smash Cadet
i was playing around with dtilt after remembering about it's second hit box, which i believe is supposed to have more knockback then ftilt. the hit box is very close to ike's body but thing is even standing the same distance from certain characters like mk and rob i couldn't land that special hit. but on snake i was able to do it.

i think we should analyze the properties of this hit box to see if there is some way we can use this to our advantage.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Too hard and risky to move in THAT close for a dtilt...other than being blatanly NOT safe it's simply too hard to bother trying to hit anyone with. Ike almost completely depends on using safe moves and IMO dtilt at any distance is almost never safe unless you're using it when they're on the ledge to attempt a spike.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
dtilt has a second hitbox?!?! but for reals(jkjk) isn't it a spike

metroid1117

Smash Master
Not to put you down or anything, but you should use the search function before putting up a new thread; this has been discussed here.

Anyways, as Silven said, the sheer difficulty and vulnerability you're put in when trying to get this second knockback is not worth the payoff; FTilt outranges DTilt by far and could be angled, while DTilt cannot. You might even not want this knockback at all, since DTilt is most commonly used for spiking people who are sloppy with their second jump.

There are actually three different knockbacks for DTilt, by the way - the spike, the one you just described, and a third that is similar to the second but considerably weaker and it sends your opponent at a higher angle. I believe you have to hit with the hilt of your sword for the 2nd hit and Ike's body for the 3rd hit, but I'm not certain.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
^ you didn't mention IASA Hurricane Ike really is going to destroy the world!

The only save way to land this IMO is when your jabing someone off the ledge and your going for the spike. either they DI the jabs away and get spiked or DI towards you and get SSed at 70% this is really effective since your so close to the death zone.

ptown

Smash Ace
this move is awesome!

i usually don't use it in a match, but it's real useful.

Top Bottom