• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dtilt Miscellany (pics included)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Wow nice sig I wish I was that cool :( ZoSo gets all the cool sigs. Right now i'm working on pichu's d-tilt to pressure sheik's sheild maybe if you spaced d-tilt a little not tipper good or anything you could walk up and keep d-tilting sheik's sheild till sheik is forced to do something. people sheild a lot of stuff marth does so it would be a nice way to pressure sheik to stop sheilding as much.

just something i'm going as pichu that may work with marthykins

booshk

Smash Lord
sooo does this -> wd tipper work well?
haven't tested it yet :p

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Wow nice sig I wish I was that cool :( ZoSo gets all the cool sigs. Right now i'm working on pichu's d-tilt to pressure sheik's sheild maybe if you spaced d-tilt a little not tipper good or anything you could walk up and keep d-tilting sheik's sheild till sheik is forced to do something. people sheild a lot of stuff marth does so it would be a nice way to pressure sheik to stop sheilding as much.

just something i'm going as pichu that may work with marthykins
I don't know what you're saying.

sooo does this -> wd tipper work well?
haven't tested it yet :p
If you could pull it off, I don't see why it wouldn't.

booshk

Smash Lord
so i was trying this with diakonos against fox and it didn't really work LOL

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
thx for the info i think if im facing shiek i might take her to brinstar but i might always switch charachters cause it's a hard match up

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I really think this should be stickied/added to the informative thread.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
lolol why interupt dtilt with a walk thats so dangerous. just dash through sheik if dtilt is closer to the hilt and dash away if its closer to being tipped.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Nobody is completely perfect. You can get away with dashing away pretty often, but doing it like this is easier/consistent and still effective.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Also i think its possible to get grabbed because when you dash half your body moves towards them while the other half moves away. Just the walk moves your whole body up and out of the way

ZoSo

Smash Champion
No Cash, maybe if you understood the science I'd listen to a word you're saying.

Sveet, the thing to understand is, if you dash away, Marth will be in the neutral animation for at least a frame no matter what then start his dash animation from there. His entire upper body moves away while his legs stay about where they are until later in the animation.

So dashing away really isn't any better or worse for this particular application, but it's useful because it can still save you even if your spacing was a little off intially (unless they grab with perfect timing, which nobody does).

Top Bottom